Central Appliance Service

Founded 1977 • With Angi since January 2007

PO Box 6558

Sherwood, AR 72124

Central Appliance services all of central Arkansas with six service technicians (Little Rock, North Little Rock, Cabot, Jacksonville, Conway, Greenbrier, Benton, Bryant, Hot Springs, Hot Springs Village, and all the surrounding areas. We offer immediate 24 hour service at competitive prices. We

02/28/2020

Stephen S.

They were here bright and early and did a great job.

Description of Work
We have a beer cooler that has been freezing beer and then won't keep the cold sometimes.

01/22/2018

Van M.

No problems at all. Arrived on time, diagnosed the problem and fixed it. Very professional through out the service call.

Description of Work
Repaired gas clothes dryer

01/05/2017

Frank G.

Excellent. William who did the repairs was professional, honest, knowledgeable and a good person to be around. Can't think of enough good things to say about him. Was punctual, Followed through and showed up today when he was suppose to, Yesterday called to let me know he was running late but did not want me to think he forgot me which I really appreciate as a working person it is hard to sit around at home waiting when you have a job. Then he called me when he was leaving his previous repair work so I had time to go home and meet him without losing any time at work So impressed was I with them I found out they work on air and heating units. I am going to do a contract with them to service my air conditioner and heater

Description of Work
Had 3 items go out on me: Refrigerator, dishwasher and microwave. Extremely honest - said that dishwasher and refrigerator were not fixable and have to buy new ones. Although this is bad news for me, this is a company who makes money by fixing things so I feel they were extremely honest in this instead of trying to fix it. Microwave was over the counter. Cost $69.00 to fix. new one would have cost $300.00 So impressed was I with them I found out they work on air and heating units. I am going to do a contract with them to service my air conditioner and heater

06/25/2015

Cyndi C.

The technician, Chris, called ahead as I was told he would do by the main office. He was very nice and professional. He quickly diagnosed the problem and replaced the fuse. The whole thing took about 30 minutes, maybe less. Central Appliance Service was actually the 3rd provider I called due to a couple of poor reviews on Angie's List. I usually use another repair service, but they were out on vacation for the week. I called a 2nd provider and they didn't have any availability until the first week of July, so I decided to take a chance on Central Appliance because there were also some positive reviews and I needed my dryer fixed. I am really glad I decided to take the chance. From the time I called to scheduled, they were responsive, professional and friendly. I would definitely use them again. I gave them a B on price only because I thought it was a little high, but admittedly, I'm not an expert, so that may be pretty in line for the industry in LR.

Description of Work
Replaced the thermal fuse on our clothes dryer(15+ years old).

01/23/2015

Justin M.

I almost didn't call because of the negative reviews here, but I decided to take a chance since the positive reviews were very positive. I'm glad I did. I called this morning and the woman that answered the phone was courteous and helpful. She told me a technician would arrive sometime this afternoon and would call prior to arriving. And that's what happened. The technician called to say he was leaving the prior service call and would arrive at our house in 15 - 20 minutes. When he arrived, I explained the situation. We cut the power at the circuit board, he pulled the oven out, examined the baking element, tested it, removed it, replaced it (had the part in his van), pushed the oven back in, and tested to make sure it worked. It did. He also left his phone number to call about any questions or problems with it. My experience with this company is that they are professional, courteous, and well-equipped to resolve the problems for which you hire them. I will use them in the future and recommend them to friends. The price seems a smidge high, but they don't charge a service call fee if they do the repair. I appreciate that. And I know from looking online that the part costs about $50. So $165 plus tax is a little high, but not that bad. For how quickly it was resolved, I'm pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced baking element in oven.

10/17/2014

Marilyn M.

The technician was very polite and professional. He reset the board for the ice machine, believing a recent storm had tripped the circuit. He told me if I had any problems to call him. I called a few days later and told him it still wasn't making ice. He said he knew what was wrong and would order the part to fix it and it would probably take 7 to 10 days to come in. After about a month, I called the state wide number to inquire about the part. The person who answered the phone said it takes a long time for parts to come in and he would have the technician call me. Two weeks later, I called the local number and explained the situation. I was told the technician would call me. It has now been over two months, so I am calling another repair service.

Description of Work
Reset the board for the ice maker in the refrigerator.

06/25/2013

shelly S.

RESPONSE TO THE PERSON WHO WROTE and quot;WON'T SHOW UPand quot; DATED: 6/10/13 YOU ARE TOLD AT THE BEGINNING: IF YOU DON'T ANSWER YOU'RE PHONE WE DON'T COME OUT!!! GAS IS TOO HIGH TO GO TO SOMEONE'S HOME WITHOUT CALLING FIRST-DON'T YOU AGREE?? YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE CALL AND BLAMING EVERYONE BUT YOURSELF. THIS COMPANY IS GREAT! I HAVE USED THEM FOR 30 YEARS. THEY ARE HONEST/PROFESSIONAL/WILL NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU.... SO THE PERSON DATED 6/10/13 - NO SHOW - GET A REAL LIFE. TAKE THE BLAME WHEN IT'S YOUR FAULT~~~~!!~~~!~!!!

Description of Work
GREAT JOB ALWAYS!

05/07/2013

PAMELA C.

I called for an evaluation of the refrigerator problem. A technician was sent the next day. He checked it out and the compressor was bad. He told me that the price of the repair would be comparable to a new refrigerator.

Description of Work
Refrigerator freezer was no longer freezing. Tech came and checked it out and was honest to tell me that it was better to buy another one rather than repair.

04/08/2013

Steve M.

Waste of time. These people are a no show. They will schedule an appointment and never show.

03/21/2013

Gary S.

It was a wonderful experience. They were able to come out the same day that I called them. I was told that they would be out between 12:30 and 6:30 PM and they would call when on their way. I received a call at about 12:15 and Chris told me it would be about 20 minutes. He was VERY prompt and courteous! He was very thorough and explained clearly all that was involved in our problem. It was clear he wanted to do what was in my best interest. He genuinely seemed committed to making it a win-win situation. The part that had to be replaced was, even without labor costs, almost as much as a new stove, therefore we will not be repairing it, but should we ever need an appliance repaired in the future we would be happy to use this company.

Description of Work
Our drop-in range was flashing an error code.

03/18/2013

Gerald K.

service man was promp, helpful and seemed to know what he was doing.

Description of Work
Chest Type Freezer went out. Found it with nearly half of the things thawing and they were the only ones who could come out. Not sure what happened. Could not find anything wrong. May have been some dirt in the line. Chris did a wonderful job looking at what might be wrong. Its working fine so far.

10/31/2012

jj S.

no repair given--spent time taking shelves in and out and starting and stopping machine, just gave very pricey estimate for replacement. Felt tech was not competent to do repair and wanted to let another tech do motor replacement repair at later date. This same situation happened with gas clothes dryer earlier in 2012 with untrained tech, yet I called for second appliance repair service call because they had someone available to come to home within 24 hours. Result was I called a company I trusted and had to wait 3 days for service call but it was well worth it in terms of qualified technician and lower priced repair. I will not use Central Appliance Service again.

Description of Work
dishwasher motor noisy

08/07/2012

Laurie Sterling M.

Contacted Central Appliance Service on 8/7/12 and requested repair for my gas dryer. I was told I'd be contacted by a repair person the same day but instead was contacted by the person I orginally spoke with. She informed me that they had no personnel who could fix a gas dryer and referred me to two other appliance repair services.

Description of Work
No service performed because company doesn't have anyone with the skill to perform the repair.

07/11/2012

Fred F.

I give them an A all the way across.

Description of Work
I had a freezer repaired it had quit cooling.

06/29/2012

Linda G.

The technician was prompt, professional and had the repair parts in his truck. The job was done within 1 hour.

Description of Work
Technician came on the day that I called. He quoted price on each part of the work and completed the repair on the first visit. The plastic handle of my Maytag dishwasher was broken. He replaced the handle assembly. He also replaced the refrigerator icemaker that Sears had not been able to fix in four calls. This was a very satisfactory experience.

01/20/2012

SUE H.

WOW! Jeremy was the technician who came out. Everything great - Fast, professional service Timely He was very patient - explained what was needed, why, and showed me where the part was, and when he'd removed it, what was wrong with it in response to my inquiry. Could NOT be more impressed - Jeremy was perfect. Very pleasant young man, as well as very efficient, he answered my questions patiently and with detail, but took a minimum of time. Additionally, he told me how to perform preventive maintenance to maximum effectiveness after he found out that we had the tools necessary to do it. I could go on for a while; the service was absolutely top-notch, the price very reasonable, and with the preventive maintenance tip, he probably saved us as much or more in the future by giving us the knowledge on how to avoid a future service call. SOOOOOOOO IMPRESSED! THANK YOU!!!!

Description of Work
Admiral Dryer Replaced Heating Element - a funky one, of course

12/20/2011

PHYLLIS P.

The person who came out was very nice. It was going to cost more to fix it than it was to repair it. So, it is still sitting in my kitchen. I haven't decided what to do yet. He charged me a small fee for coming out because he came all the way from North Little Rock to where I live. He just came out to tell me that he couldn't fix it. When I called him, he was here the next day. He was here when he said he would be. He was very professional.

Description of Work
I used Central Appliance Service in August. My home ice machine was down.

07/05/2011

PAMELA C.

Experience with this company was fine. I called and they were able to come the same day. Very punctual

Description of Work
The washing machine would not agitate, rinse or cycle. Repairman came and determined that the belt was broken. Replaced the belt and checked that machine worked as expected

04/07/2011

Weaver M.

Technician arrived promptly and identified he problem and replaced the defective part. The service call price was very reasonable ($59.50 which included 30 minutes labor) but the parts cost was horrible. The tiny switch was grossly over priced. Time on the job was approximately 45 minutes.

Description of Work
Replaced defrost thermostat/switch.

03/13/2011

Mercedes C.

Called around 8am to request service. Mentioned that I would appreciate next available since my fridge was not longer holding temperature. They slotted me for between 9-12 that same morning, and indicated the tech would call me 30 minutes before the service call so I could drive home from work. As promised, the tech gave me a call in advance and met me at home. He quickly diagnosed the problem of the dead defrost heater and gave me two options. He could defrost the unit with a dryer and charge me for the time or he could replace just the heater, and we could let it defrost over a couple of days to save about $100. We opted to let it defrost since in needed cleaning anyway. He offered to replace the broken ice makers (which we had not previously planned address) with a little discount since he was already on site. Decided to go ahead and replace the ice maker since he was there, and we now planned to keep the refrigerator for several more years than we previously intended. Fridge now working great and cooling better than it has in years. Had to get a fridge thermometer to get the temperature just right so we didn't freeze food.

Description of Work
Called because refrigerator was no longer cooling. Replaced the defrost heater, thermostat, and ice maker (which was previously broken).

01/22/2011

Charles H.

They were okay. I waited and waited for them to replace the part. When they finally brought the part, something else had gone wrong with the oven. It didn't make economic sense to repair the oven at that point. I bought the part, but I waited too long for them to come out. They were very nice about it.

Description of Work
They were supposed to replace a part on the oven.

08/16/2010

Samantha P.

Our side by side fridge/freezer stopped working on Sunday evening. I found this company on Angie's List, called them Monday morning and they were here by 12...working on my fridge...which now works! Great company and very professional. They had the parts on their truck to fix the fridge on the spot. So much better than the other company we had out last year...they had to order the part which took about a week. Would rec this business!

Description of Work
The repaired the "starter" on our refrigerator.

09/30/2009

SUSAN F.

Came right out and were nice and helpful. The amount to fix it meant the insurance company would spring for a new one, so didn't get the work done.

Description of Work
Needed an estimate for dishwasher repair for the insurance company after lightening hit our and blew out the panel. Told me in advance that estimates were $75 although that if waived if you have work done.

01/19/2007

AMY W.

It would have been nice to know before wasting four hours of my day what the real price was going to be. They changed it up before coming out. I feel like, it was after 5 pm on Friday and they didn't really want to come out.

Description of Work
They did not perform the work. I gave them my problem with my refrigerator, told them the brand, etc. I was told that someone would be here between 1 pm and 5 pm and that the service charge is $39, but waived with the repair. When the repairman was finally ready to come out, he said that he'd be here between 5:15 pm and 5:45 pm, and that the charge is $55.

09/19/2006

The customer service was great and they all were very nice to talk to. He came out right away and found the problem and fixed it fairly quick. He was a very kind gentleman and he made sure it worked properly for me. He cleaned up and made sure the stove was put back together the right way.

Description of Work
He replaced the heating element in my oven for me.