To preserve their value and keep clocks running accurately and working as they should, they should have routine maintenance every two to four years.
Find top clock repair services in Winston Salem, NC
There are 3 top-rated clock repair services in your area and 0 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Clock Repair Reviews in Winston Salem
- Ricks Time ShopVery well. We had hired a local clock repair company to provide a periodic application of oil to the pivot bearings of the clock. In the process of examining the mechanism they managed to damage the clock, leaving the mechanism worse off than when they walked in the door. Angie's List found Mr. Dunnuck for us. Rick not only repaired the damage, but rebuilt the movement so it is completely reliable and keeps perfect time
- FULL TIME CLOCK REPAIRThe owner looked at a clock that was my grandfathers until I inherited it 20 years ago. It had long ago stopped working. We made an appointment and drove to his place of business and he immediately looked at the clock to advise us on repairs. It was determined that it would be almost impossible to obtain the parts to repair the clock. We decided to keep using it as a non-functioning mantel antique. There was no charge. Owner was friendly and professional
- Ricks Time ShopI purchased a grandfather clock at an auction. I knew little about it except it was over 200 years old and I did not know how to put it together to make it work. Rick actually gave me some info on the clock before he ever came out to my home. As we talked on the phone, he did some research on my clock in some of his books. He arrived on time; was very professional and friendly and answered a lot of questions ( we had never had a clock like this before). He made some repairs and serviced the clock and had it in working order before he left. He left me a card and said I could call him about any questions and he would help me with getting the pendulum adjusted so it would keep good time. We live outside of town so for him to make a house call and perform an excellent service we found the price very reasonable. I would use his services again and recommend him highly
- Ricks Time ShopThe work was done professionally. Except for the time confusion as mentioned above the service went perfectly. I definitely plan to use Rick in the future for other clock repairs.
- Ricks Time ShopRick was punctual and very professional. He cleaned and serviced my clock in less than one hour. He explained what he did and showed me how to adjust the clock speed. He calibrated the clock as well. I am very pleased with the service he provided. He answered the phone the first time I called so he is easy to reach and responsive. Service was scheduled one week from my initial contact with him
- Ricks Time ShopThe whole process was very smooth. Rick called in less time than he had originally anticipated the work would take. I was very pleased with his services and would highly recommend him to anybody needing expert care for a clock.
- Ricks Time ShopWe could not be more pleased. Great service, highly skilled craftsmanship, genuine interest in keeping old time pieces in working order. We own a reproduction Ben Franklin Clock. When it was moved from Ohio to North Carolina some of the components shook loose (little tiny pins that hold the whole thing together) . That caused the entire front face to fall off when it was being removed from the truck. We picked up the pieces and were further dismayed to find that the clock body had been badly bent at some point in time, apparently from falling over based on the gouge in the metal we discovered. I found Mr. Dunnuck on Angies list and emailed a bunch of pictures of the clock to him, Within a day he responded by e-mail and followed up with a phone call. I took the badly damaged clock to his store. As soon as I walked into his shop, which is a bit difficult to find, I knew I was in the right place. There are hundreds of clocks in varying states of repair or on display in his shop. He looked at the box of pieces and assured me that he could put it back together. I was amazed at the variety of time pieces he had in his shop and was confident that I had made a good decision. I was not disappointed. Mr. Dunnuck straightened out or replaced the bent parts. Re assembled the clock, adjusted the clock, and it is now back in our home keeping perfect time!
- Phillips Clock RepairI took an antique clock to Mr. Phillips that stopped working several years ago. He talked with me about what he thought was causing the problem and told me that it was likely repair was not practical. After partially dismantling the clock to check the electric motor and bushings on the clock works he confirmed that he would not be able to repair it (mainly because of the difficulty of obtaining a replacement for the 50 year old electric motor). He reassembled the clock and talked options a while and about the area he lives in and we left. He refused payment for checking out the clock and was very friendly and likes talking about the area where he lives and works near Kannapolis North Carolina
- Ricks Time ShopCleaned and adjusted a clock made in 1850's. Took 5 months. Got it home and it ran fine, but strike/chime didn't work. It is a 35 minute drive to Julian from Winston Salem which is inconvenient, but I took it back and he had it for another month or so. Got it home and still didn't work right. So I ended up taking it to the Old Town Clock Shop in Winston and they fixed it right and much more quickly. Rick did not seem well, and was not particularly friendly or easy to talk to
- Ricks Time ShopIn August, when I had not heard from the shop I called and asked about my clocks. I was then told he was still behind and he would have them at the end of October. Well I called at the end of October, not having heard from them, and was informed the clocks were still not repaired. I told them I would pick them up and take them elsewhere for repair. I did that today. They apologized for the delay but did not offer a concrete date by which my clocks would be repaired. I have heard that this shop is quite good making repairs but I will not be giving them another chance to show me. I think 6 months is more than enough time to clear out the backlog
Clock Repair Services in Winston Salem
- Business Description:We are family owned women operated business. We provide quality and affordable professionally carpet, house (interior & exterior) windows, siding cleaning. Pressure washing variety of areas. Landscaping, lawn and yard work patios, fencing, decks, concrete area including minor repair. Interior decorating, painting, small plumbing & electrical repair, some appliance also. Seasonal decorating inside and out. Also business office cleaning. We are the women that is capable of handling variety of y..Recent Review:Sunflower services provided excellent work,I am very satisfied. They were very patient and helpful with my choice of color. I would definitely recommend to family and friends. Thank you for the wonderful job u performed on my home, I am finally ready for those family get- togethers ready to show off my new look!!!!!🥰�Erica C.
- Business Description:I offer a wide range of home repair services in Southmont NC and surrounding areas. Whether you need something installed, fixed repaired or maintained I am your reliable and dependable local handyman service. I also specialize in drywall repair, interior painting and power washing.Recent Review:Zoanna was courteous, knowledgeable & efficient. First pressure washed our deck. Beautiful. She replaced some wood decking boards & stained them. Even more beautiful. After complete, cleaned up(which is important). We’re talking about some other projects also. We’re happy customers for sure! Thank you ZoannaHolly D.
- Business Description:When it comes to finding a home improvement company in the triad area most people share the same experience: careless company contractors, poor communication, unpredictable schedules, unexpected price changes, dirty job sites, and no shows. That is why we put you first here at stag construction. We make sure your experience is unlike no other. We promise to deliver you quality service, expert advice, and exceptional communication.Recent Review:Sara was responsive and helpful. I was extremely impressed with Collin! He was professional, courteous and accommodating. He was able to get to my project quickly which was awesome considering my house is on the market to sell and needed to be completed ASAP. I am very pleased with the whole process and would hire again & recommend them!Gina T.
- Business Description:With over 17 years experience in home renovations install-DOOR BELL CAMERA WIRELESS DOORBELLS ECT. BACKSPLASH*around sinks CABINETS*new install-repair paint stain PAINTING*interior-exterior-staining SIDING* replace,install WINDOWS*replace-new install-broken glass GUTTERS*install-clean-repair DRYWALL*-repairs-cracks-holes-water damage-removal-replace new FLOORING*laminate-hardwood-vinyl-tile-carpet FENCING*new-repair- (wood, aluminum,vinyl)paint,stain ELECTRICAL*ceiling fans-outlets-garbage di..
- Business Description:insured handyman. able to help out with most problems you have with your home, car(s), and landscaping.
- Business Description:In the business since 1974 Rick Dunnuck offers quality clock repair and sales of all types of clocksRecent Review:Cleaned and adjusted a clock made in 1850's. Took 5 months. Got it home and it ran fine, but strike/chime didn't work. It is a 35 minute drive to Julian from Winston Salem which is inconvenient, but I took it back and he had it for another month or so. Got it home and still didn't work right. So I ended up taking it to the Old Town Clock Shop in Winston and they fixed it right and much more quickly. Rick did not seem well, and was not particularly friendly or easy to talk toRichard C.
See all 3 highly rated companies in Winston SalemJoin Angi now
Find clock repair shops in
- Rural Hall
- Belews Creek
- Oak Ridge
- Walnut Cove
- High Point
- East Bend
clock repair shops in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- J&M Home Renovations10 E Main St
Thomasville, North Carolina
- J&M Home Renovations
- One Chic And A Hammer303 Riverview Ln
Lexington, North Carolina
- One Chic And A Hammer
- Ricks Time Shop6129 LIBERTY RD 6129 Liberty Rd
Julian, North Carolina
- Ricks Time Shop
- Yes Dear9307 smoke Hollow rd
Kernersville, North Carolina
- Yes Dear