Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care

Founded 1962 • With Angi since June 2006

3315 NE 112th Ave Ste B55

Vancouver, WA 98682

Visit your local Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care Center in Vancouver, WA for all your Transmission Repair and Auto Repair needs. For quality service and a great experience, the Cottman Man of Vancouver is Still the Man for everything Auto Repair related. Call today to learn more about our TransCheck 21 Plus Inspection. Ask your neighborhood Cottman Man any questions regarding your vehicle and schedule your next appointment today. ...

11/13/2017

Gary J.

First had the front differential repaired (~$1200). This was after another shop had done it with a 90 day warranty and it was past that time. Then took it back when there was a transfer case issue (~$1200). I would have expected and preferred that the transfer case issue would have been found/repaired at the same time as the front diff. Did both under the AAA plan which should provide a longer warranty. They did repair the wires on the steering column for the tow/haul button without any charge. I would recommend this shop as I feel I can trust them.

Description of Work
Front differential and then transfer case repairs

09/11/2017

Thomas G.

On time,on budget. Wasn't cheap but time will tell.

Description of Work
rebuild automatic transmission

Category transmission repair

Thank you for the A-grade! We're so glad to know we were on time, on budget, and earned your complete satisfaction.

08/22/2017

Melissa M.

Cottman was very helpful and professional. Very happy with the work and would definitely take my vehicles in again. I dinged the rating just a bit because it ended up taking longer than planned to install the cooler b/c they didn't have all the parts there and it took a couple extra hours to make a parts run. I had planned to run some other errands after the transmission cooler was finished, but the delay pushed everything back and out into the weekend.

Description of Work
I needed an upgraded transmission cooler installed on my Ford F150 truck. Pulling my travel trailer was overheating my transmission, so I wanted a better cooler for it.

06/05/2017

Mike E.

So far great! 3 year warranty. Free fluid change once a year for two years. Complete new part list on installed parts and prices. Great receptionist. Finished on time

Description of Work
Rebuilt our transmission

Category transmission repair

Thanks for choosing Cottman for the repair of your transmission! We're glad to read everything has been great to this point, and please give us a call if anything comes up.

01/06/2017

KERI F.

They were beyond fabulous. They were responsive. They're friendly and nice.

Description of Work
They've done two transmission for me and they were beyond fabulous.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

"Beyond fabulous" service is exactly what you deserve when you are generous enough to offer us your business. Thank you for your feedback!

01/06/2017

KERI F.

They're really friendly and a good company. Everything was good from the phone calls to the scheduling.

Description of Work
They did transmission work.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to see you found nothing short of the excellence we aim for here.

01/05/2017

Doug W.

They've been very good and very honest with us. Even to the point where we brought in when the electric fan was not working on our car. We took it in and it was a weak plug. They didn't charge us for it. They wouldn't do that every time for everybody, but that is what they did for us. I was more than happy to pay for the 15 minutes for the work. That really cemented in my mind that they were honest and trustworthy.

Description of Work
I thing it was a transmission problem.

Category auto repair,transmission repair

Our team is proud to know you trust us to offer, not simply reliable repairs, but honest advice and service. Thank you!

12/27/2016

Vanessa L.

Very well. They completed in one day and everything is working great.

Description of Work
Transmission repair

Category transmission repair,car transport

Thank you for the compliment! Being here to serve your needs is our honor and pleasure.

06/29/2016

ed C.

I had my truck worked on by Cottman they rebuilt my transmission and replaced the clutch. when we got the truck back it was making a noise, I tuck it back in and they said to drive it and to let them know of any changes. well less then 7000 miles later the transmission went out and they would not stand behind their work. also when I had it repaired the clutch had less then 10% left. this should not be the case with less then 7000 miles! I would and do not recommend then to any one they have lots of reasons why this work was not quality but the bottom line is this cost me lots of money and they were not professional with their dealings with me. the person that I had the dealings with is Melinda Kriner she is the owner and she was the one that promised me that I did not have to be concerned with their work. I believed her! right up to the point that I was stuck in traffic with a horse trailer and horse in the trailer for 4 hours. then to be told that they would not stand behind their work.

Description of Work
rebuilt transmission & replaced the clutch

Category transmission repair

As we discussed over the phone, the original repair was done on 5.16.2012 with a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty whichever comes first. Since our location was under different ownership at the time of the initial repair, I do not have any original copies, as Kevin Safley was the owner, and took his paperwork with him when he left. I was his service writer at the time of repair, and was responsible for helping you through the repair process, and completing the paperwork on behalf of Mr. Safley. The terms however, were beyond my control. I soon left and went to work elsewhere after your first repair. On your following visit, 5/9/2014, one year outside of your original warranty, we investigated a complaint you had regarding noise. By this time, my father had taken ownership of the business. For customer service reasons we went ahead and replaced the input bearing, as my technicians thought the vibrations from the engine could have caused that bearing to be noisy. We only charged you for the part, and we did all the labor at no additional cost to you. When you called in a month or so ago, saying you were having issues and the transmission was "locked up," I explained that I could not repair the vehicle for free since the original transmission issue was 2 years out of warranty. I would have worked with you on labor as we did with the input bearing but was never given that opportunity. I understand your frustration, but I think it is misplaced with me. In May, when you came back, I was not working here; it was a girl by the name of Angelica. We do look similar but are not the same person. I did not resume working at Cottman until 7/8/2014. Again, I want to reiterate that my father and I were not the owners when your original repair was completed and while we are willing to work with you in good faith, we cannot be held responsible for the promises of a previous owner, especially when the terms of even his warranty, have expired. That being said, we have honored all of the previous owner's non-expired warranties without question. Please understand we do feel your frustration, but think it is misplaced. S.A.F.L.E.Y's CS, I believe is the name of the previous owner's corporation and his name was Kevin Safley. He was the person responsible for the initial repair and its warranty since yours expired while he still owned the business. Please accept my apologies that you feel we did not take care of you as that was never the intention. Thank you, Melinda Kriner Owner/Manager

11/18/2015

Tina B.

They didn't do anything for me. It was twice as much as everybody else wanted and so I didn't use them. They took like a week and a half to give me a quote and their responsiveness was not good.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for transmission work.

11/17/2015

Victoria B.

It wasn't so great. The work that they were supposed to do, they did. It was not effective. Within a month, the problem was back again. It was drive-able for a month. It was done on time.

Description of Work
We used Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care.

11/09/2015

Jerrie C.

Very detailed oriented. Excellent customer service. Before I used them I called around Vancouver and a lot of other people recommended them. Simply amazing and highly recommended.

Description of Work
Transmission.

02/13/2015

Dean L.

It went very well. They were on time and it was quite easy dealing with them. The transmission was fine. I would give them A's all the way across the board. I would absolutely use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care. They did transmission repair.

02/13/2015

LISBETH K.

It turned out fine. It was great. The vehicle was running great. They honored the time in the quote. They said it would be ready by Monday and it was. They were on time. The quality was good. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I used Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care. It was my husband's vehicle. I think it was something to do with the transmission and probably an overall check of it.

09/29/2014

Doug W.

We came back to pick it up. One of the wires had come unplugged and they fixed it without a charge. It made me feel very confident and comfortable with them. We had been there a couple of times before. They are always fair. We started going there because we were not happy with the place we were previously going for car repairs.

Description of Work
They fixed our heater.

08/23/2014

Steve U.

My transmission has slowly deteriorated over time, slipping into neutral at stops and red lights, or even just when coasting during a traffic jam. It got so bad that I had to do something I contacted Cottman, they had me bring my SUV in and let me know the next day that I would need a transmission rebuild and that it would cost about $2,800. After a few days the work was done and the transmission has worked flawlessly ever since (this was about two months ago as of this writing). So I think they did a good job and I trust them professionally. I give them a "B" for price because it is on the high side based on what I have been able to tell, but on the other hand, they do have as long a warranty as anyone else in the business (3 years). You should know that for the warranty to stay in effect you will have to bring in your car for a checkup after 10 days, after 1 year, and after 2 years (or after 12,000 and 24,000 miles respectively). My only issue with this is remembering to do so, especially for the 1 and 2 year checkups. But so long as you can remember to do that, my opinion is that Cottman does high-quality work and has as long a warranty as you're likely to find anywhere.

Description of Work
Rebuilt transmission on a mid-size 2004 SUV

07/18/2014

Greg & Karen E.

It was fairly expensive.We liked the way they presented our options and everything was done on time. We were looking for a nw auto repair shop so we thought we would give them a try.

Description of Work
I used Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care for auto services.

07/07/2014

Mark M.

It worked out fine. They did what they said they were going to do. They gave me a price and they stuck to it. I had no issues with them.

Description of Work
They rebuilt a transmission I had in an expedition.

07/07/2014

JERRY S.

They were responsive, clean and fix the problem.

Description of Work
They fix a filter problem.

06/14/2014

Dr. R. V.

It was a very good experience. I liked that when they finished, it worked. The customer service was very good.

Description of Work
I used Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care to restore an automatic transmission.

05/10/2014

Steve B.

Larry took very good care of us. Everything went flawlessly, couldn't have been better.

Description of Work
They rebuilt the transmission in my son's Camry.

03/24/2014

michael S.

They charged me 3100 for a new transmission on a 2002 acura mdx they call every day with up dates they towed my car for free. it was just great dealing with them

Description of Work
full transmission replacement

02/25/2014

Jon J.

They did a good job. They were customer service oriented.

Description of Work
They rebuilt my transmission.

02/20/2014

RICK S.

It has been a number of years since I have used them and they did fine. I have a different car now and I would like to take it in to him as soon as I can find the time and have him do the 50 mile service on it. So, I would definitely use them again. Pete did what he said he would do and explained everything. He was on-time, and his prices were reasonable.

Description of Work
Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care serviced a transmission for me on a Grand Cherokee jeep.

02/20/2014

DENISE C.

My experience with them was not at all that great. The final cost is the same with the estimate. I would not go back to them.

Description of Work
Cottman Transmission and Total Auto Care did a transmission rebuild for us. It lasted less than a year.

Category transmission repair

I am sorry to hear about your transmission failure. Our records indicate that the transmission was rebuilt on 4/9/2011 or a little under 3 years ago. It came with a 2 year/24,000 mile warranty and would have been repaired at no cost if it failed in less than a year as you state. We rebuild transmissions to high standards but sometimes components fail beyond our control. That is why we include a Nationwide warranty on every transmission rebuild. It is very important that you contact us at the time of the failure so that we can warranty any repairs necessary. Again, I am sorry about your experience with us. Please call us with any concerns you may have.

Aatco Transmission & Transaxle

Tim's AATCO Transmission & Transaxle is a transmission repair shop in Beaverton, Oregon. Tim from AATCO would like to thank you for checking out our company. We've been serving the area for over 20 years and most of our client base is made of referrals and return customers. Our mechanics specialize in automatic and manual transmissions and transfer cases. We also repair or replace clutches, u-joints and drive axles. Our shop is spread out over about 8,500 sq. ft. with over 100 re-built transmissions in stock! We can also take care of your transfer case and differential maintenance. We service all makes and models of cars, trucks, RV's and 4x4s. We specialize in: Inspections and analysis, Calibrations, Drivability evaluations, Rebuilding, Reconditioning, Scheduled maintenance, Towing We are committed to providing you with excellent services, and we take our clients' opinion to heart when we perform our repairs. In fact, our customers have given great feedback to us, which has helped us develop our auto repair services over the years. We are members of the Better Business Bureau and the Automatic Transmission Rebuilders Association. Our technicians are ASE certified. Ask about our nationwide warranties. Call AATCO Transmission & Transaxle today for a phone quote or to discuss your auto repair needs!

Auto Transmission
    Auto Service
    Auto Transportation
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Auto Transmission, Service & Tires.