CASCADE PARK ANIMAL HOSPITAL

With Angi since June 2005

16820 SE MCGILLIVRAY BLVD A

Vancouver, WA 98683

Cascade Park Animal Hospital provides complete veterinary services for cats and dogs. Some pocket pets are included in our service. Our location also houses "Animal Rehabilitation and Fitness". ARF provides underwater treadmill, water fitness and custom exercise programs for pets needing rehabilitation and/or specialized physical activity. We also have cat and dog boarding....

09/12/2013

Elizabeth H.

Excellent care! We moved to town a little over a year ago, and needed a new vet. No health problems with our sweet kitty, but just needed to get her checked out and make sure vaccinations were up to date. Both the technician and Dr. Maureen Fritch were excellent with her. Prompt, professional and friendly. Our kitty has already had a couple of teeth removed before, so I wanted Dr. Fritch to check her teeth. She diagnosed mild dental absorptive lesions, and suggested proactively preventing further tooth removal by giving her a supplement. I appreciated that she had a non-invasive solution rather than having to put our kitty under anesthesia for x-rays or unnecessary surgery. Checking in was easy, checking out was easy, and they even called the next day to see if Ellie did okay with her rabies shot! Very reasonably priced. And they offer extensive services for animals such as water rehabilitation.

Description of Work
Check up and rabies shot.

08/16/2012

Kathryn Y.

Called early in am. Gptin right away.

Description of Work
Got our dog in ASAP. We were veryhappywith vet and service.

03/14/2012

Jeri B.

They do a good job and will continue to use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I last took my dog for a checkup and grooming.

Category veterinarian,pet grooming

08/04/2011

Julia H.

We moved here recently, and in order to obtain continuing heartworm medication, it was time to have wellness examinations for both dogs. Dr. Fritch did the exams. She obviously loves animals, always my key indicator of a compassionate veterinarian. She is also very knowledgeable about new findings regarding routine shots that are now not required as often as once thought. She fully answered all my questions, particularly about Advantage and Frontline (topical insecticides), and was supportive in my desire to give my dogs only the medicines they truly need. My female dog had a yeast infection, which was successfully treated, and I scheduled her for a dental cleaning, which was also completed a week or two later, with good results. The total above doesn't include the heartworm or flea/tick-prevention medication. Considering that the wellness exams for both dogs were thorough, and I have found a vet I can trust, I think the charges were fair and reasonable.

Description of Work
Wellness exams for a Shih-Tzu and a Maltese mix. Treatment for yeast infection for Shih-Tzu. Consultation regarding flea - tick prevention.

02/16/2011

Victor T.

They were okay. It wasn’t great or bad. My dog had kind of mild seizures. They checked my dog and said that some dogs can occasionally get that. They treated us as quickly as we would have liked. I thought that their price was okay.

Description of Work
I have been to Cascade Park Animal Hospital once about three or four months ago.

01/24/2011

ELLEN R.

Staff was very attentive and thorough. Vet Tech and physician were focusd on my dog and worked to gain her trust by getting down on the floor and talking with her while they performed their diagnostics (listening to her heart, checking her ears and mouth, taking her temperature). Doctor explained possible causes for her pain and potential solutions (prescriptions). The first prescription recommended was prohibitively expensive and doctor was very flexible in prescribing a more cost effective medication. Provided test results quickly (within 24 hours) and left detailed voice mail messages with results. I will continue to use this practice for both my dog and cat.

Description of Work
Geriatric check-up for dog who recently relocated to the area. Staff completed a thorough examination and blood work. Also collected a stool sample. Prescribed medication to assist with painful joints due to age and arthritis.

02/04/2009

cleo C.

This was a great experience. I've been very nervous about visits to the vet with my Yorkies since my last Yorkie died during a "routine" neutering with my previous vet. Dr. Fitch took the time to get to know me and my dogs - sat with my pet on her lap until he was calm and answered all my questions thoroughly. She has advanced anethesiology education and this is where I'll go for all my veterinary needs but most especially if I ever need anethesia for a small dog. The office staff was great and the vet tech was excellent.

Description of Work
Pet Exam for a somewhat jittery Yorkie

09/30/2008

DARLA K.

They were very nice and took good care of my dog. They was very thorough. They were professional and knowledgeable. The office staff is polite and helpful and they made me comfortable.

Description of Work
I went to them for because I thought my dog had an emergency.

07/17/2008

Diane B.

The experience was excellent. They were knowledgeable and personable. They formed relationships with the pets. I definitely would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
They have cared for my cat and my dog. That is all they do.

06/20/2006

ALETA F.

Since moving to Vancouver 18 months ago, I have jumped around between several vets, unhappy with all but unable to find one I liked. That has finally changed. Cascade Park was great. The vet tech was wonderful. She really took the time to win my shy dog's trust. And the vet didn't immediately ply me with drugs, but first offered reasonable alternatives. I don't yet know whether this is the right treatment for Tango, but I feel confident that Dr. Fitch knows what she is doing.

Description of Work
Tango, my 8-yr-old Aussie mix, suffers from mild arthritis, usually controllable with supplements. Lately it has gotten worse, so I took him in for a checkup. The vet, Dr. Maurine Fritch, examined him more thoroughly than any other vet I have seen. She asked pertinent questions and treated him gently and respectfully. We had a blood test done to get a baseline on his overall health, then she spent nearly an hour with him, massaging sore muscles and working with joint mobility. Rather than immediately prescribing drugs, she recommended a treatment of vitamins, diet, physical therapy and massage, all of which I can do myself. She showed me excercises to do, and followed up with a phone call a few days later to ask more questions and see how he was doing.

Rock Creek Kennels, Inc.

When you leave your dog or cat in someone else’s care, you don’t want to leave them with just any pet sitter. You want to place them with a boarding kennel that’s not only Certified and staffed by pet care professionals, but you want those care givers to treat your animal like family. For more than 30 years Rock Creek Kennels, Inc., located in Hillsboro, and serving the entire Portland, Oregon area, has been doing just that. At Rock Creek Kennels we treat each and every animal as if they were our own. Browse through our web site (or better yet, visit us in person) to see why at Rock Creek Kennels, we’re family!

Offers by Rock Creek Kennels, Inc. on Angi