Animal Medical Inc

With Angi since June 2005

3417 NE 78th St

Vancouver, WA 98665

Additional DBA - Animal Medical Veterinary Clinic.

08/31/2016

KRIS S.

09/18/2015

Mona I.

12/18/2014

Roger S.

Description of Work
Cat had lumps, diagnoised as infection, given antibiotics. They were friendly, quick, and gental

04/04/2014

Mona I.

I have used them for more than 20 years. They are highly qualified and have fair price.

Description of Work
I used Animal Medical Inc. for veterinarian service.

02/10/2014

wendy P.

Dr. Ferguson is very nice, and so are the staff. Both of our dogs seen here.

Description of Work
Takes care of our pets.

01/27/2014

Sherri W.

This was my second visit to Dr. Ferguson within the last six months. The first one was to get a Rabies shot for one of my dogs and to have him look at a lump near his rib cage. Both times I have been impressed with the time Dr. Ferguson takes to talk and explain everything. He never seems in a rush and always wants to make sure all of my questions have been answered. His staff is friendly and professional, and his costs are reasonable. He is not always ready to prescribe the and quot;latest and greatestand quot; medicine, or immediately run some type of test. He has a very practical approach which I appreciate. After searching for the last few years, I have finally found a veterinarian that I am comfortable with and one that I feel comfortable taking my dogs to. I would highly recommend him to others as well.

Description of Work
My dog had a horrible, hacking cough which Dr. Ferguson diagnosed as Kennel Cough. Much to my surprise, I learned that dogs can get Kennel Cough even if they have had the Bordetella shot! My dogs symptoms flared up on a weekend and were improving slightly by the time I took him to the vet. Dr. Ferguson recommended I not walk him, keep him inside and let him rest. Sure enough, after a few days he quit coughing and was fully recovered within a few weeks.

06/14/2013

Marilynn L.

We took our Miniature Dachshund in today because her ear looked infected. Everything went well, he provided drops and we will follow up with him in a few days. We also took out lab mix in to have the incision looked at on her leg from her recent surgery because we noticed a small bump near the end of the incision. He took a look at it and said that it's nothing to worry about, but to just keep an eye on it. We were not charged for him to look at her incision. Dr. Ferguson originally diagnosed the mole as a mast cell tumor at the end of March. He was very helpful and informative regarding our treatment options. We decided to go with him versus a specialist partly due to cost, but mostly because we trust him. He was very understanding and gave us all of the information we needed to make the best decision for us. We were able to get her surgery scheduled within a week of the diagnosis. The surgery was affordable compared to what specialist would cost and it went well. The tumor came back as low grade with clean lines. I also asked him his opinion regarding my mother's 13 year old corgi (family dog growing up) in California that hasn't been doing well and has been at the vet on fluids for the last 3 days. He provided me some very good advice that I will pass on to my family Dr. Ferguson is helpful, understanding, and doesn't run every test under the sun. I can confidently say that he is not one of the vet offices that does unnecessary treatment/test in order to charge the pet owner more. He goes above and beyond during the examination and takes the time to answer any questions that you have (and believe me, I can have a lot). It is extremely hard to find a good vet that you trust and can provide you the answers that you need. I'm so glad we found him and will continue to use him in the future. I cannot recommend him enough.

Description of Work
Ear infection for our Miniature Dachshund. Also took in our lab mix to have her incision looked at from her recent surgery in March for a Mast Cell Tumor removal. '

08/09/2012

Tobe H.

Dr. Ferguson is wonderful. We've had two other dogs and they were old and Dr. Ferguson took good care of them. He was with us when we had to put them down. One dog was diabetic and blind but he was so good with her. I will continue to use him.

Description of Work
We use Animal Medical Clinic in Vancouver. We were in about a month ago with our new dog who had tonsillitis.

04/03/2012

paul T.

I was very pleased with them. They are probably the best veterinarian that I have ever used in my life. I needed more assistance than my dog at my last visit because I was so crippled up with a racquetball injury that they actually carried the dog for me and helped me to the car. They are friendly and they get right to the point. They don't gouge me for extra services. It is $40 to go to the vet and they gave me really good advice. They are fantastic. I would absolutely recommend them and I wouldn't go anywhere else if they are open. They are open Saturday mornings so they are open at least six days a week. They are the best veterinarian that I have been to. They were very punctual and very professional.

Description of Work
I use Animal Medical for my veterinarian.

04/07/2011

Robin S.

Very helpful, professional, informative doc and staff. They gave us lots of feedback and info re: integrating new dog with family and other pets. I never felt "strongly encouraged" to buy additional product or services. I've had that experience with other vets, which lead me to look for a new clinic.

Description of Work
Office visit, neuter surgery, vaccinations, micro chip for new (to us) dog.

03/15/2011

Laura K S.

They are very friendly and knowledgeable. Also prompt and reasonable in cost.

Description of Work
Exam and treatment of my kids' sick pets, birds & a mouse.

03/04/2011

Cindy G.

I called and they got me in within a week for a check up and shots for my cat. Dr. Ferguson is really a great vet. He is very practical and cares about the animals. His staff is friendly and very helpful.I really was happy to find a good vet after moving from AZ and having a good vet there.

Description of Work
I had to get a check up and shots for 2 of my cats.

02/23/2010

DAN S.

An expensive antibotic was suggested as the best course of action, but a less expensive one was also offered. Based on past experience with Dr. Ferguson I didn't feel the more expensive antibotic would have been suggested unless he felt there was a significant advantage - so we went with the more expensive choice.

Description of Work
Diagnose minor issue with dog. I called at 8AM and was able to get my dog in at 9AM the same day. In my opinion Dr. Ferguson errors on the side of being conservative. I feel he will not point me in a direction to spend money unless he feels there is a good reason for it.

01/07/2009

KAREN D.

Dr. Ferguson is very compassionate, always takes his time with you, is very intellectual and has a great sense of humor.

Description of Work
I have taken my dogs and cats to Dr. Ferguson for years.

10/26/2007

RICK A.

All A's!

Description of Work
Examination.

09/01/2005

THE GROOMER WAS VERY LOVING TOWARD OUR DOG. THE STAFF REALLY MAKES US FEEL SPECIAL. WE WILL DEFINITELY GO BACK TO ANIMAL MEDICAL FOR OUR PET'S NEEDS.

Description of Work
OUR DOG NEEDED HIS NAILS TRIMMED. WE JUST WALKED IN, NO APPOINTMENT, AND WERE ABLE TO GET HIS NAILS TRIMMED IMMEDIATELY. THEY EVEN CHARGED US $2.00 LESS BECAUSE HE WAS SO CALM AND WELL BEHAVED. I WAS ALSO ABLE TO BUY FLEA MEDICATION THERE.

Category pet grooming

06/21/2005

TERRI S.

I AM ALWAYS VERY HAPPY WITH THE CARE MY PETS RECEIVE AT THIS CLINIC. I CAN CALL AND GET THE PETS IN AS NEEDED BY THEIR AILMENTS AND I KNOW THEY ALWAYS RECEIVE THE VERY BEST OF CARE. I WILL NEVER TAKE ANY OF THEM TO ANOTHER VET.

Description of Work
MY MUNCHKIN CAT HAS BAD RECURRING ASTHMA ATTACKS. HE HAS TO HAVE A STEROID, PREDNISONE, SHOT EVERY TWO MONTHS.

06/03/2005

PATRICIA T.

THEY SEEMED VERY COMPASSIONATE TOWARD THE ANIMALS AND TREATED THEM BOTH QUICKLY. THEY TOLD ME THAT I DIDN'T NEED TO COME BACK SOON UNLESS THEY DIDN'T GET BETTER. I CALLED WITH MORE CONCERNS AND HE ANSWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS AND I FELT HE WAS CONCERNED AND TOOK THE TIME WITHOUT TRYING TO CHARGE ME EXTRA.

Description of Work
I TOOK OUR TWO NEW KITTENS IN THAT WE HAD GOTTEN FROM THE HUMANE SOCIETY. THEY BOTH HAD COLDS AND THEY GAVE ME MEDICINE AND CHECKED THE CATS OUT.