Do you need to take a trip to the dog groomers' salon? Dog grooming costs vary, but here's what to expect to pay for that shampoo and other pet products.
Find top pet groomers in Tacoma, WA
There are 8 top-rated pet groomers in your area and 7 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Dog Grooming Reviews in Tacoma
- Scruff to FluffScruff to fluff is great. They put up with my very difficult dog who does not like her legs or feet touched. Nice people and they do nice work!
- PETCOOn April 25th 2021, I took my dog in to get groomed, nail trim and his anal glands expressed. My partner went to pick him and the groomers told her that they could not trim his nails because of how nervous he got which was no big deal, but they also told her that his tongue turned blue due to stress. When seeing my partner our dog was visibly distressed so she grabbed him and left. She calls me since I work at an animal hospital asking if that is normal. Which it is not, a tongue turning blue means there is a lack of oxygen. So, they were either choking him out or he was so freaked out that he couldn’t properly get oxygen. Why did they let it get to that point? That is irresponsible. I thought Petco was about animal safety and health. After getting home, angry with how my dog was treated I called the customer service number and left a complaint with a representative. I did not want my money back, I was just upset with how my dog was treated. On April 27th 2021, the manager of the Petco called me seeing my complaint and wanted to hear what happened. Again, I stress that did not want money and I understand that they couldn’t trim his nails no big deal. I was worried on how they handled my dog because he is a traumatized rescue. Other groomers have had difficulty trimming his nails in the past but not to this level. On May 1 2021, we took him to his Vet to get his nails trimmed. They brought him out not trimming his nails because of how scared he got, peeing all over the place. This has never happened before so whatever happened at Petco has scared him. They gave me meds to calm him down so next time we brought him back they could trim his nails. They also told me they had to empty his anal glands because they are full. Furious that Petco did this to my dog and also charged me for Grooming, Nail trim and Anal Glands but only did the grooming. I once again call the customer service number this time I wanted my money back. They filed my complaint and I was supposed to hear back from a manager. As of May 6 2021 I have not. I will never go to another Petco again for the treatment of my dog was not okay at all and charging for things they did not do is not right read less
- Haute Dog Pet ResortWe boarded our dog for 5 nights. We also paid extra for him to participate in daycare during the day since he is a very social dog. They also offer other extras such as a nightly tuck in, photos and yogurt, toys, etc. The staff was very friendly towards us and our dog. My dog was actually a bit depressed after we brought him home and he didn’t get to participate in daycare the next day. I would recommend their services. They also offer grooming services and we had them clip our dogs nails read less
- COUNTRY KENNELSCountry kennels has been absolutely wonderful. They have watched my dogs countless times and they wag their tails every time they go. I feel at ease leaving them for a week here and there because they post pictures on facebook of them playing during play time. They go above and beyond and have the most incredible staff. This kennel is a 5 star resort for animals read less
- Comfy KittyAlex and his wife Dense are such nice people. Alex has done our cats for years and we are always please with the outcome. Our cats love Alex and are always relaxed and happy after their grooming. Highly recommend!!!
- COUNTRY KENNELSGreat! We trust this location to watch after our animals because we know that they are taken care of. They get to play with other dogs once a day and before you pick them up its optional to have them bathed so they are all clean before you take them home.
- Mrs Mobile Pet Grooming LLCAs always, it went great. Maya looked great - we had a short cut for the summer and to help with shedding and got exactly what we wanted.
- DAISY'S PET GROOMINGDaisy’s Pet Grooming is a great place to take your animals. The place is clean, the employees are always kind and professional and their prices are fair. They are amazing with the animals and are wonderful groomers. I have been taking my Pomeranian to Daisy’s for a teddy bear cut for at least the last 5 years. I wouldn’t think of going anywhere else read less
- Blue Collar DoghouseI love this place. The groomers are great and my dog always is groomed the way I like her to look. I think they need more help. I called the other day, April 22nd and they could not get her in until June. Had to find another place. Very disappointed, I expected a few weeks out but not almost 2 months, read less
- A Pet SpaShe looked great when I picked her up. Didn’t Poodle my Doodle. Plus she’s not afraid to go back, so must have treated her very well. Her 1st and now 2nd trip to the groomer for our puppy
Pet Groomers in Tacoma
- Business Description:Paradise Pet Lodge is a retreat for dogs and cats servicing the Seattle area and surrounding communities. Located in Woodinville, Washington on 13 acres, this five star Pet Resort, Grooming salon and Spa was created and designed with your pet's comfort and well-being in mind. read lessRecent Review:I was worried that my dogs would not be happy in a large kennel but they LOVED it. I did purchase daily activities for them, including swimming and special treats. They sent me pictures of their swimming time and I also received their swim report the days it happened. We loved looking at the pictures and reading about their days. The cats were so well taken care of and their kennels were large and comfortable. Every day they got to go out into the BIG room for extra attention and playtime. When we picked up the dogs, while they were happy to see us, they wanted to go back!! Everyone came home healthy and happy read lessSarah Corinne L.
- Business Description:Additional email - email@example.com.Recent Review:Excellent, very through exam. Discovered ear infection. Doctor called a few days after appointment to check how Ivan was doing.Gayle G.
- Business Description:Bath and a comb out include ears, nails, and glands. Add a trim or shave of your choice for a full grooming selection on your dog or cat.Recent Review:Excellent. Dog was happy and pretty!Ann B.
- Business Description:We are serving our community for over 40 years. Our Groomers are very skilled and experienced. Our clients are happy with the work we do. We welcome everyone to come in with your pet and see how we can accommodate your pets needs read lessRecent Review:Scruff to fluff is great. They put up with my very difficult dog who does not like her legs or feet touched. Nice people and they do nice work!Lisa H.
- Business Description:Pet groomingRecent Review:They are very good, they did a beautiful job and I like them.Alicia E.
- Business Description:We are a small animal practice led by Dr. Gina Lewis. We strive to provide affordable veterinary care solutions that meet the needs of pets and their owners.Recent Review:We recently adopted a Golden Retriever puppy. The breeder recommended Vetters. The day after we brought her home, she had her first appointment with Dr. Lewis. We started our puppy on their 'puppy package' to get her vaccines and everything else she needs to ensure she is a healthy dog. Vetters and Dr. Lewis have been amazing! Every time I've been there they have been so kind and careful with my dog. They have also been considerate and thoroughly answered all of my questions. I doubt if I could have found a better place to care for my dog read lessRobyn S.
- Business Description:Call us!Recent Review:This review is for the 30 day board and train program specifically. Dawn is a fantastic trainer and will have your dog trained in a shockingly short amount of time. The real work will be for your dog to respond to you like it does to Dawn, which takes a ton of consistency on your part after the training program. I was nervous about corrective based training, but really it is corrective/praise based training. My dog really appreciates the structure and set of rules Dawn follows. It's of utmost importance that your dog can understand the rules and that it's fair, otherwise corrective training wouldn't work. Once your dog has learned the command, it will either go 1) command 2) verbal/physical praise OR 1) command 2) correction 3) praise. So your dog will always end on something positive. Ps. I have a very anxious dog. The structure really helped his anxiety out on walks and to follow what I say. This program will not be a fix all, but will give you a great foundation. You can/should continue working with Dawn after the program to tackle anything that comes up later read lessDylan S.
- Business Description:Cash payment accepted. SOcial media link: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haute-Dog-Pet-Resort/93182038264. Rates available on SP website.Recent Review:We boarded our dog for 5 nights. We also paid extra for him to participate in daycare during the day since he is a very social dog. They also offer other extras such as a nightly tuck in, photos and yogurt, toys, etc. The staff was very friendly towards us and our dog. My dog was actually a bit depressed after we brought him home and he didn’t get to participate in daycare the next day. I would recommend their services. They also offer grooming services and we had them clip our dogs nails read lessLori B.
- Business Description:Country Kennels in the Tacoma area specializes in dog and cat boarding and professional pet grooming. For over 23 years Country Kennels has developed and set industry standards for safe and economical pet lodging. The secret to our established record is a love for animals and a commitment to excellence. Although our dog kennel and cat lodging rates are competitive, our professionally trained and "live on site" staff ensure your pet's lodging is enjoyable and safe. Review our team member bios .. read lessRecent Review:Country kennels has been absolutely wonderful. They have watched my dogs countless times and they wag their tails every time they go. I feel at ease leaving them for a week here and there because they post pictures on facebook of them playing during play time. They go above and beyond and have the most incredible staff. This kennel is a 5 star resort for animals read lessChelsea B.
- Recent Review:Within in two days of being groomed at Best Friends Dog Groomers in Bellevue, our Berner could barely walk. A vet visit complete woth x-rays showed no broken bones but two puncture wounds, scabbing over. Antibiotics and pin pills for a two week period did nothing, 2nd vet visit, more antibiotics and pain pills, to no avail, we are now waiting for call from vet as to how to proceed. New owners at BFDG deny anything happened, of course, however our pup is never outside without us, no wild animals in our yard; we are sick this is happening as under previous owners, we were very pleased. Will never use this place again. Additionally, our pup was not groomed properly in addition to injury, no trimming of fur under paws, no brushing out of poorly clipped fur, and no bathing. Of course you can’t get your dog until you pay, we always tip only to discover the mess they made of our sweet girl read lessJudie L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pet groomer articles
Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Geothermal energy, radiant heat and solar heat are three of five unique, but effective, options to heat your home. Find out which one works best for your home.
Find dog groomers in
- University Place
- South Hill
- Fox Island
- Anderson Island
- Federal Way
- Bonney Lake
- Gig Harbor
- Lake Tapps
dog groomers in Tacoma
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A CUT ABOVE DOG GROOMING5902 77TH ST W
- A Cut Above Dog Grooming5902 77th Street West
- A Dog's Life Doggy Daycare & You Bathe4801 Rainer Ave S
- A Pet Spa12811 8th Ave W Ste C105
- A SMALL ANIMAL HOSPITAL1115 S 347TH PL
Federal Way, Washington
- ABSOLUTE ACCOUNTING & INCA'S SECRET PARROT8433 S 212TH ST 105
- AEROWOOD ANIMAL HOSPITAL2975 156TH AVE SE
- ALDER CREEK PET LODGE15250 COX RD NW
- Alki Beach Dog2648 59th Ave SW
- ALPINE ANIMAL HOSPITAL4853 STATE ROUTE 270
- Alpine View Veterinary Clinic16408 161st Ave SE
- ANIMAL CLINIC OF BENSON10700 SE 208TH ST # 204
- Animal Hospital Of Newport Hills13018 Newcastle Way
- Animal Wellness and Rehab Center2115 112TH AVE NE STE 100
- AUBURN SOUTH VETERINARY HOSPITAL4201 A ST SE
- Aussie Pet Mobile - South Sund3800 Bridgeport Way W A137
University Place, Washington
- A CUT ABOVE DOG GROOMING
- Bark Bath & Beyond Llc29 St Helens Ave 8310 So Park Ave
- BARK CENTRAL LLC205 118TH ST S
- Bayside Animal Lodge12615 134th Avenue, KP N
Gig Harbor, Washington
- Bellevue Animal Hospital10415 Main St
- Bergen's Dog Grooming511 S Lincoln St
Port Angeles, Washington
- Best Friends Grooming Salon2205 140th Ave NE
- Big Daddys Doggie Day Care & Wash3704 9th Street SW
- Biscuits Pet Grooming & Playcare34016 9TH Ave S D9
Federal Way, Washington
- Blue Collar Doghouse180 W. Dayton St. Ste 101
- Bothell Pet Hospital9708 Ormbrek St
- Brent's Horseshoeing111 E Greenwood Ln
- BubbleZ n BowZ Dog Grooming Salon1239 SW 151st
- Burien Veterinary Hospital14628 Ambaum Blvd SW
- Bark Bath & Beyond Llc
- Camano Canine Resort1395 Shuksan Drive
Camano Island, Washington
- Camp Union Pet LodgePO Box 908
- CANINE GROOMERS17159 FREMONT AV. N.
- Canyon Crest K-9 Training Center4515 Vickery AVE E
- Canyon Pet Lodge14720 58TH Ave E
- Canyon Road Veterinary Hospital PS15114 Canyon Rd E
- CASCADE KENNELS20005 178TH AVE NE
- Cat & Dog Clinic of Bellevue13812 NE 16th St
- Cedar River Animal Hospital4501 NE 4th St
- Centennial Kennels21120 236th Ave SE
Maple Valley, Washington
- CENTRAL BARK838 POPLAR PL S
- CENTRALIA PET RESORT515 BRYDEN AVE
- Chambers Creek Veterinary Hospital7210 Bridgeport Way West
- Chehalis Centralia Animal Hospital1214 NW State Ave
- Cheries Pet Styling Salon3400 Belvidere Ave SW
- CHERRY VALLEY VETERINARY HOSPITAL14124 MAIN ST NE STE A
- CHERYLE KNIGHT DOG GROOMING904 PIERCE LAND NE
- City Kitty9713 Firdale Ave
- CLIP N CLEAN DOGGIE DAYCARE3205 N 26th St
- CLIP-N-CLEAN PET SALON1210 S Proctor St
- Clippers Grooming Salon, LLC4125 108th Ave E
- Cloud's CaninePO Box 1694
Medical Lake, Washington
- Cobber's Pet Pantry1415 Blake St.
- COUNTRY KENNELS11812 8TH AVE E
- COUNTRY PAW'S RESORT42 DORY RD
- COUNTRYSIDE VETERINARY CLINIC405 OHME GARDEN RD B
- Camano Canine Resort
- DAISY'S PET GROOMING504 W STEWART AVE
- Dawg Town Tacoma1602 Tacoma Ave S
- Denise's Parrot Place7641 SE 27th St
Mercer Island, Washington
- Der Pet Haus15015 Main St Ste 120
- DIRTY PAWS PET STYLING6724 210th ST SW STE 102
- Dog-Gone Grooming100 Ruby Street, Ste A
- Dogs-a-Jammin'16725 232nd Ave NE
- DONNA'S ARKPO Box 11352
- Downtown Doggie Lounge - Elliott Avenue1405 Elliott Ave W
- DAISY'S PET GROOMING
- GETTA GROOM16511 PACIFIC AVE SUITE C
- Gig Harbor Kennel Groom & Board LLC14520 Peacock Hill NW Ave
Gig Harbor, Washington
- Gracious Kennels Ranch & Spa9511 172nd St SE
- Grateful Dogs LLC Grooming and Daycamp Dog Daycare1010 Homann Dr SE Suite A
- Great Companions10 2nd St SW
- GROOMING PRETTY PETS20254 42ND AVE E
- GETTA GROOM
- Haute Dog Pet Resort1177 Abadie St
Walla Walla, Washington
- Hearthside Kennel11204 154th St Ct East
- Hillrose Pet Resort2040 South 142nd St
- HOLIDAY KENNELS22211 RUSSELL RD
- HORIZON PET SUPPLY17833 1st Ave S
- HOWLLYWOOD PET GROOMING & BOARDING14528 88TH AVE NW
Gig Harbor, Washington
- Haute Dog Pet Resort
- ISLAND CATS VETERINARY HOSPITAL3024 78TH AVE SE
Mercer Island, Washington
- ISLAND CATS VETERINARY HOSPITAL
- K9 Design Grooming Salon15631 Pacific Ave S Suite 8
- KENMORE VETERINARY HOSPITAL6630 NE 181ST ST
- Kit N Kapoodle221 S Peabody St Ste C
Port Angeles, Washington
- Kneate Products home of The Bristle Buddy3588 HWY 138 S.E. Ste 212
- Knotty Dog Mobile Grooming1401 S Sprague Ave, #227
- K9 Design Grooming Salon
- Marysville Veterinary Hospital PS Inc4010 136th St NE
- MASER'S GROOMING & PET BOUTIQUE INC6515 NE 181st
- Meow-Ville Cat Grooming1208 N 48th St
- Mercer Street Veterinary Hospital20 Mercer St Suite A
- Methow Valley Veterinary Hospital910 Hwy 20
- Moxie's Pet Services218 Main street 422
- Muddy Paws11507 SE 318th Pl
- Marysville Veterinary Hospital PS Inc