AIR Import Repair Inc

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2008

8016 27th St W

Tacoma, WA 98466

Welcome to A I R Import Repair! We are a locally owned and operated repair center for your European and Japanese vehicle. We would like to thank you for allowing us to serve you for over 25 years! We specialize in high end vehicles and know what it takes to care for your car the right way. We

01/11/2016

Sharon C.

Description of Work
The people are awesome and their work is exceptional!

11/20/2015

sanjay M.

04/10/2015

Nancy L.

Description of Work
Had rear brakes replaced. There were squeals afterwards. And the calipers developed surface rust right away (original parts never showed rust). I assume the parts were not as good quality as original equipment. I didn't get a good explanation for why there was noise during braking. The noise did go away.

09/18/2013

Michael H.

Been using this shop for years and know that I will always be treated professionally and courteously. Price is always less than dealer and work is always done on time. No different this time.

Description of Work
Replaced burned out light bulbs in dash panel and console

10/03/2010

Dawn U.

First visit they charged me $52 to diagnose problem determining a part was needed they didn't carry that needed ordering. They gave me estimate of $1500. Came back for 2nd visit when part arrived and got a revised estimate of $1200. Once opened up they told me it took an additional part to fix so had to leave car overnight while waiting for 2nd part. Car done 3pm second day. Cost met estimate even though it took 2 additional hours than they expected to fix it. Without me asking they showed me pictures of how they had to undo most of the dashboard to get the work done - quite the job. Without me asking they also pulled out the part that had failed and explained what had happened and what was making the grinding noise I heard. They let me check the repair work out before paying. I had always gone to the Mercedes dealer before AIR and they never did anything like this for me. It was very nice. So far, steering working perfectly and I am very happy with their work. Also want to note a few things. 1) They got me rides back to my work in downtown Tacoma both times I went which was greatly appreciated. 2) The staff and owner are super nice and friendly. I talked with 3 different people who were all great. 3) The business site is clean and orderly and cars left overnight are secured well. 4) I noted price at "B" because it was expensive, but I can't tell whether that is just the nature of this job or not. I did not get multiple quotes. I will definitely go back to them for my next service.

Description of Work
Fix a problem with my the steering column in my Mercedes - it wouldn't move, and just keep making a grinding noise trying to move in and out of way whenever you entered or exited the car.

09/21/2010

TOM M.

They did the work competently. The price was what I expected. They did it quickly without complication, which was worth some money to me. I don't necessarily shop the cheapest. The work was fine and I would consider using them again. My wife took care of it.

Description of Work
We used Air Import Repairs for some work on one of our cars. They replaced a valve cover basket that was leaking oil. They also checked the brakes and some other things.

09/20/2010

Kerrie K.

I thought they did a good job. There was a little bit of confusion because I misunderstood the amount of work or the pricing. Other than that, they were nice and professional. They took care of it quickly.

Description of Work
They replaced my clutch.

08/21/2008

DIANE B.

They've been really good! We really trust them with our cars. They are honest, they are quick, they are candid about what is going on. They listen to my concerns and check everything out I ask them to. I don't ever feel like I'm being pushed to do something I don't want.

Description of Work
They have been servicing our foreign cars for about ten years.

LARRYS INDEPENDENT VOLVO SERVICE

Larry's Volvo is a family run independent car repair shop specializing in Volvos located in the heart of Seattle's Beacon Hill neighborhood. Larry's Volvo was founded in 1980 by Larry Hebert, a dealership technician and then service manager since the early 1960s. Larry's fair pricing and honest service spread through word of mouth by his loyal customers, which allowed him to retire in 1995. Warren Moy the current owner of Larry's Volvo decided to take over the business after careful consideration by Larry to make sure the quality and integrity of his business was kept.

Offers by LARRYS INDEPENDENT VOLVO SERVICE on Angi