NORTHGATE VETERINARY CLINIC

With Angi since February 2005

Veterinarians

09/02/2017

they said my dog had to have an exam before the shots. I told them my dog was in for a physical 6 month before and they did not want to give her shots at that time because she was upset. They told me to make another appointment to get her shots. I did that. When i got there the nurse said the Dr would see me in 10 minutes (after waiting 1/2 hour)I for an exam. I told the nurse that all she needed ...

Description of Work
Get shots for my dog

10/28/2016

I like them. The pets are comfortable with them and I am comfortable. We've had some involved processes that we've had to go through in the past and when they can't take care of it they refer us appropriately to the right vet. They are very caring.

Description of Work
We have a good vet. It's Northgate Veterinary Clinic.

10/28/2016

They're great. We've used them for 20 years. I don't know about pricing. It's hard to say when I've never used anybody else.

Description of Work
We have a good vet. It's Northgate Veterinary Clinic.

06/29/2015

Our kitty had an autoimmune condition that caused him to slowly lose weight and get skin problems. Northgate Vet helped with treatments until nothing more could be done to help him. Then they were very sensitive when we had to say goodbye to him. All handled well. We have a dog and a cat remaining and we will continue to keep them under the good care of thsi vet.

Description of Work
Northgate Vet has taken care of our animals for about 16 years. Recently we had to have one of our cats put down due to an autoimmune condition.

04/21/2014

Treated us very well. They love our dog and it shows. They were able to establish a great bond with my girlfriend which is hard to do when it comes to pet care. Had surgery to remove a foreign item. From our dogs intestines. Surgery went well and dog is recovering nicely.

Description of Work
Pet surgery

09/23/2013

We brought our dog to Northgate Vet Clinic for years and were always happy enough with their service. The last time we went there, to have the dog's teeth cleaned under anesthesia, the procedure itself went well. No problems. However, the follow up visit was disturbing. When we went for the scheduled visit, they said we didn't have a visit scheduled, even though they had called the day before to confirm it. The doctor who performed the surgery acted like she didn't know why we were there. She didn't seem to recognize us or the dog. The chart did not appear to be noted either. It was just a strange enough experience (right hand not knowing what the left was doing? a confused doctor? we just don't know what happened) that we have since changed vets. I do not question the care our dog received. The cost is expensive, but unfortunately, veterinarian services just are expensive. In case of an emergency, I would go back. I would cautiously recommend them to other people. However, the trust I used to have has been taken away by some strange sequence events that I will never understand.

Description of Work
The dog's teeth were cleaned under anesthesia

08/16/2013

They seemed really good. They were very competent. We will definitely be using them in the future. It was an excellent price.

Description of Work
They examined our cat for some preventative care.

06/25/2013

The vet was very friendly and thorough. She gave me the best case and a less than best case of what it could be and then had him tested. She also informed me that his teeth needed to be cleaned and gave me estimates at two different levels. She set up another appointment for me on a day the dental hygienist was in to make it easier. She called back to check in on him a week later. She was very clear in the initial visit that if he came up positive with a specific issue he would have to be on special food from then on, so no surprises. In a previous visit with my pug they did suggest what I thought was too many supplements for an undiagnosed issue, but they were not pushy when I said no. I was glad they suggested supplements and it wasn't all prescription based. Additionally, when I asked for suggestions on other foods to try to test if allergies to food was an issue the vet (different than the one I saw for my cat) said it would take a long time to test and that he was on good food already. That wasn't helpful and I wasn't sure if it was because he didn't think anyone would want to take the time to wait or if the food was not able to give him allergy symptoms. Ultimately, my pug's itching was due to 1 or 2 fleas which were not deterred by the flea meds that the vet put him on (Revolution) and I had to find that out myself.

Description of Work
Did a checkup and diagnosed an issue he was having that was causing him to urinate outside the litter box.

05/29/2013

NORTHGATE VETERINARY CLINIC is willing to work within your budget. The facility was nice. My dog has trouble with stairs. So they walked her outside to an outside entrance without stairs so that she could go downstairs for whatever they had to do with her. They are accommodating for your pet.

Description of Work
I had my dog's blood work done at NORTHGATE VETERINARY CLINIC.

05/13/2013

overall good service but increasing prices into unaffordable range and a lot of selling of additional services that we didn't need

Description of Work
We adopted a new dog from a shelter and took him in for an exam and shots. We had previously been clients for several years with another dog. The service was good a friendly as always, but we found that their prices had climbed considerably and that the vet was non-stop trying to up sell for expensive procedures such as teeth cleaning and other things that really weren't necessary. The price he quoted was outrageous for the teeth. We later had them done at All The Best for about 1/4 the price. So while we still like the service we have heard good things about another vet and will probably go there since the prices are reportedly more reasonable.