Active Spines Chiropractic

Founded 2010 • With Angi since June 2010

1530 Bellevue Way SE Ste C

Bellevue, WA 98004

Active Spines Chiropractic in Bellevue is a state of the art facility utilizing the newest and most gentle chiropractic techniques in Bellevue to serve the health care needs of you and your family. We strive to get you out of pain and stay active fast. Our chiropractor and massage therapists treat

11/05/2015

Kevin T.

Description of Work
Massage performed well. I had some particular pain points that were greatly improved post treatment.

07/01/2015

Amanda W.

Description of Work
Both the chiropractor and massage therapist spent adequate time addressing my concerns and also completed an x-ray to give a better idea of where my issues were resulting from.

06/23/2015

Richard P.

I was very happy with them. It was a good deal. They were really nice people. They had good service.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Active Spines Chiropractic. They included a massage and chiropractic examination.

06/17/2015

michelle W.

Went well

Description of Work
Massage

05/19/2015

Penny F.

Description of Work
The massage was excellent. My stiffness was gone and I remained flexible and painfree for 2-3 days. I had a consult with the chiropractor but have not yet returned for treatment (Consult. was part of the "Angie's List" intro pkg; treatment was not.)

05/28/2014

Kevin T.

Great exam and massage. I'll be back.

Description of Work
Great exam and massage. I'll be back.

04/11/2014

Dan M.

The regular massage therapist was not available. The woman who worked on me massaged up into my jaw and under my skull where my spinal cord enters. It hurt for weeks afterwards. I suspect the therapist who worked on me was new but I will never return to that office.

Description of Work
Neck pain.

Category massage therapy

Hi, sorry you felt uncomfortable after massage treatment. If there is anyway we can help you get better please let us know. By the way, would you mind change the category to massage therapy instead of under chiropractic care since you had the massage treatment? thanks.

04/02/2014

ARNOLD R.

I (Rose) have been treated by Dr. Cheng since 1/3/2014. Dr. Cheng was very thorough in his initial examination. Dr. Cheng has been working with me in scheduling all my treatments. He has been very patient, professional, gentle, and a gentleman with a marvelous sense of humor. He explained the general condition of my spine and pointed out the osteoarthritis and rheumatoid along the spinal column, the scapula and clavicle areas on my right and left sides. Under his treatments I am making steady progress, and my posture is improving. Additionally, the pain the doctors had long diagnosed as bursitis in my hips was actually muscle strain caused by the misalignment of my pelvis, which was tilted / not perpendicular to the floor. Dr. Cheng relieved the pain by straightening the pelvic area. At the beginning of one visit I told Dr. Cheng that I was suffering from dizziness and nausea. He gently felt my neck, then asked permission to treat the misalignment of my neck. He gently turned and twisted my head and neck, and I felt instant relief from the dizziness and pain in my neck. The pain of my spine being flattened against the floor as a result of my son's landing atop me is alleviated by each visit, but I know it will be a long-term healing process. Dr. Cheng's knowledge and experience has made it possible for me to move, walk, and go about helping my son. The daily emotional stress of working with my two disabled children, my disabled spouse, and guardian for my disabled sister has been taking its toll on my spine, my skeletal and muscular systems. Even after my spine is healed, I will maintain regular treatments with Dr. Cheng as a necessary and on-going part of my spinal, muscular, and skeletal wellness regimen.

Description of Work
This review of Dr. Shao Cheng was written by my wife Rose, who sustained a serious back injury lifting her son (Bill) and his wheelchair into my house. Bill weighs about 260 pounds, and his wheelchair weighs about 50 pounds. She lost her footing, and she fell backwards. Bill and wheelchair landed squarely on top of her. 9-1-1 was called to lift him off the floor. In the meantime,k she crawled out from underneath him.

03/04/2014

Edith K.

He is a very good doctor and has been helping me quite a bit with my back.

Description of Work
Chiropractic adjustments.

02/05/2014

Jim H.

After the first visit I felt quite a bit of relief and after a couple more appointments the pain in the mid back was gone. Since then I have had a very slight recurrence of upper back pain which Dr Cheng has been able to keep under control with occasional adjustments. I will continue to see Dr Cheng for "maintenance" appointments to keep things in better alignment. The office is neat and clean and very calming. Dr Cheng never seems in a hurry and always has time to listen. Very thorough. Appointments are easy to schedule.

Description of Work
I was having pain in my upper back between shoulder blades that had come on rather suddenly and felt like a muscle spasm. I believe it was due to holiday stress and overuse. Dr Cheng was able to zero in on the problem area and made some adjustments to that area.

09/16/2013

Jaclyn A.

I was a bit hesitant at first because I have never been to a chiropractor, but the dr really took his time with me. He took time to assess the problem to see what needed to be done. He put me on a roller bed with a heating pad and then assessed what needed to be adjusted. The next time I went in he did several exercises with me, put me on the roller bed and then adjusted several parts of my spine. He is super friendly and seems passionate about what he does. You won't be dissapointed! I feel as good as new :)

Description of Work
My back and neck have been hurting me for quite sometime. I had an x-ray that was questionable and wanted to work on correcting the problem.

08/26/2013

Mr. Scott Newton N.

nice man but too far away to travel.

Description of Work
golf cart injury

05/10/2013

michael S.

I set the appointment and they professionally set up the evaluation and massage in the same visit. I have since used them for both massage and Chiropractic services for the past 3 months. They are very helpful and the combination of the adjustments with the massage therapy have helped me a great deal.

Description of Work
I originally found them through a Angie's List reference and for back and neck pain.

05/09/2013

Dean C.

She was okay with that practice. Their scheduling was flexible. They were pretty accommodating. They resolved the pain that she had in the shoulder area.

Description of Work
My wife went to Active Spines Chiropractic for shoulder pain.

04/29/2013

Joanne V.

Excellent - first visit he did a thorough exam. He is rather quiet and confident, no boasting, but very effective. I am seeing real results.

Description of Work
I have been treated elsewhere for ongoing knee problems; my previous chiropractor did not help. My masseuse encouraged me to try a different chiropractor, because it seemed like my knee problems were coming from my hip, which was out of place due to the excessive curve in my low back. I have seen Dr Cheng about 10 times now, and will continue to do so on a maintenance basis for a while. My knee issues have several components, but if i can get "straight" , i move reasonable well and will not have knee replacement surgery this year.

03/27/2013

Natalia W.

It took a few appoitments, but I feel much better now.

Description of Work
I had a neck and lower back pain for a long time. Tried a few different chiropractors. Active Spines Chiropractic was my favorite so far.

03/18/2013

Randy B.

Excellent! Very informative and friendly.

Description of Work
Great deal for chiropractic and 1 hour massage.

12/17/2012

Paul B.

The experience was good. Just not what I needed.

Description of Work
I went to explore my hip pain. It turned out not to be something a chiropractor could resolve. If I need one at a later date, I'd go to one closer to home.

10/17/2012

Charles G.

Was very professional in both the chiropractic exam and massage was very thorough as well. Had a pleasant exam with good information given to me about my ailments.

Description of Work
Lower back issues and had a very professional experience with the provider.

10/15/2012

Nancy B.

I didn't take the consultation, because it was out in Bellevue and to start seeing them permanently would be too far to drive. They were very professional and good at what they do. I also appreciated their honesty. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for chirpractic care.

09/29/2012

Carol Lee S.

On the morning before my first appointment, I received notice that the massage therapist was not available. I went for the chiropractic portion of the appointment anyway. This is clearly a new business. Dr. Cheng was friendly and explained the basics of spinal functions. On return for the results of the x-rays, he again explained the basics and we looked at the x-rays. I agreed to come for some adjustments and that has worked out quite fine. The massage was arranged for the 2nd visit. The therapist was not very professional and not well trained. I would not have another massage with her. So, I would give a good rating for chiropractic services, and a poor rating for the massage.

Description of Work
The appointment was for a spinal evaluation and a massage. On he original date, 8/18/12, the massage therapist was not available but Dr. Cheng was and he was quite friendly, as was his office helper. He took x-rays, which required coming back another day for results.

09/26/2012

Teresa Z.

Dr. Cheng was friendly, courteous and professional. He explained what he was going to do and kept checking to see if I was ok. I also had a deep tissue massage from one of his massage therapists following my first adjustment, which eliminated a lot of muscle soreness. I have gone for a couple of follow up visits, and my mobility has improved significantly. I am very pleased to have found a wonderful chiropractor near my home!

Description of Work
I had been feeling stiff for several months and had a sore knee. I knew that a good chiropractor could help me, but I'd had a bad experience with another chiropractor and dreaded going.

09/20/2012

Reinhard F.

I was very pleased with both exam and massage. They were very professional and caring. I can highly recommend both services and would use them again.

Description of Work
I had back pain.

06/30/2012

larine C.

Dr Cheng is patient, thorough, and flexible. He does actually care about the well being of his patients. Back got better after 10 treatments.

Description of Work
Back pain.

10/15/2011

Janette D.

Of the dozen or so chiropractors I have seen, Dr. Cheng spends the most amount of time with his patients. He is very professional and incredibly flexible when scheduling appointments.

Description of Work
I have had chronic neck, upper back and lower back pain that started after a car accident and worsened when I started a very sedentary desk job. I started seeing Dr. Cheng about four years ago when he was with a different practice. I followed him when he left to open Active Spines.

Chiropractic Care
    Massage Therapy
    CH00034491
    Washington
    DOH
    01/15/2020

Chiropractic treatment & adjustment, spinal manipulation. Exercise rehabilitation. Custom orthotics