Sears Appliance Repair

Founded 1956 • With Angi since July 2016

3.9

Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts and labor* 2. Flat Repair Cost + Extended Repair Coverage • $249.99 or $299.99 pre-set price (depending on type of appliance) • 1 year of coverage up to $500 for any additional repairs (includes parts)** 3. Flat Repair Cost + Multiple Appliance Coverage • $129.99 for your initial repair with purchase of Home Warranty Appliance Plan • 1 year of repair coverage for up to 10 appliances with 11 subsequent monthly payments of $49.99*** Book your appointment with a Sears expert technician today! * 90 Day Guarantee: The limited warranty provides that if within 90 days from the date of your Sears in-home repair your appliance fails to operate for reasons related to the original repair service when used normally in accordance with manufacturer guidelines, we will replace any parts that failed due to defects in the material or workmanship and perform any labor related to the original repair free of charge. Excludes damage caused due to service provided by any party other than Sears. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary by state. ** Appliance must be less than 10 years old to qualify for Service Smart Agreement. Covers up to $500 in parts and labor. Limitations apply. *** Limitations apply” ...

Mr. Rogers Windows

Mr. Rogers Windows featuring Renewal by Andersen is proud to serve the window replacement and patio door replacement needs of the Virginia Beach metro area. We are the window replacement division of Andersen Windows, drawing on the Andersen tradition of over 110 years of quality, innovation and craftsmanship. Our turnkey process begins with a call from you and includes a respectful in-home sales consultation, custom-manufacturing of replacement windows to precisely fit your home and installation by a dedicated team of professionals. Best of all, we stand behind our products and installation with one of the strongest warranties in the window replacement business. Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5pm Sat: 10am - 2pm

American Builders Super Window

Don't pay us! No money down! Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back! Local family owned business for over 25 years, specializing in high quality vinyl replacement windows. We also offer a 90-day money back guarantee. Our master certified installers have been with us for 15-20 years. We serve the entire Hampton Roads area.

Offers by American Builders Super Window on Angi
Williamsburg Windows and Doors

Williamsburg Windows & Doors is a full service window and door replacement company. Family Owned & Operated since 1991. Our mission is to help you beautify and improve your home by providing a great name-brand product and superior installation job at a fair price. We pride ourselves on providing you with outstanding customer service.

08/28/2019

Timely appointment. However, was told on the phone when making the appt, that the $99 diagnostic fee would be applied as a credit toward the labor/parts. I called 2 different times, each time told the same thing. Except when the service was provided, the diagnostic fee was billed separately, in addition to the part and labor. Expensive labor for a less than 1 hour job. Definitely feel taken.

Description of Work
Repair the oven which was not heating

10/27/2018

They never responded to my message.

Description of Work
Washer and dryer repair

10/22/2018

Cancelled the job. With two young girls in the household, I could not wait three weeks for a repairman to show up. With the Sears Company in jeopardy of closing, offering lousy service is not the way to elicit a bigger customer base.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

Category appliance repair,dryer vent cleaning

04/17/2018

The ice maker was replaced but frosting began again almost immediately and ice is small and crushed rather than cubes. The technicians didn't listen to me about the problem. Their computers wouldn't take credit cards or produce a receipt. After calling to complain I got a generic receipt that did not indicate the part or the warranty I was told I have.

Description of Work
Ice maker frosted up and did not work.

01/29/2018

Terrible. Sears has now outsourced their repair people, and they came out a total of 3 times. It took weeks for them to show up, and each time it was a different person who acted like the person before them had no idea what they were doing. Each of the 3 times, they said it needed a different part, which we had to pay for. Then each of the 3 different parts didn't fix the machine at all. We were without a working washing machine for 3 months because Sears is using repair people who have NO idea what they are doing.

Description of Work
Washing machine was not emptying water during the spin cycle. Full cycle ended up with water still in the machine and the clothes sopping wet.

12/12/2017

The service technician didn't show up, I called to check up and was told the appointment was on 27 December rather than today, 12 Dec. I am shocked this happened as I got a call yesterday to confirm today's appointment. They offered to "try to get me a sooner date", but their system wouldn't let them. This is why Sears is failing all over the country! No service on promised date without letting someone know is the kiss of death. I wont be using them again.

Description of Work
Nothing Didn't show up changed the appointment to 15 days later without telling me

11/08/2017

My original appointment was set for a Wednesday, 8-12pm. I got an email confirmation for that day and time. Then, a couple hours later, I got another email- but rescheduling my appointment to another day/time when I wasn't available, without ever consulting me first. I wasn't happy about this because I had to reschedule and the only day I'm available (other than the original appointment time), was my only free day- Saturday. My appointment time was 8-12. I got up early (on my one day to sleep in) and waited. I cancelled/rescheduled plans to make this appointment time/day work. By 12:45, having not heard anything from my contractor, I called Sears to ask what was going on. I was put on hold so that they could contact my tech... I was told that my tech would be there in another 30 minutes to an hour. 1 1/2 hours later, I called again. I was again put on hold and told they were calling my tech. When they came back on the line I was told he "was almost there." So... I waited. I was watching my Saturday drain away. I called again at 2:51pm. LIVID at this point because I'd clearly been lied to several times by this point. At this time, I was told that dispatch was going to be calling me directly because they weren't sure what was going on because "my tech" hadn't been to any appointment on time (at all?) that day and so they were going to call him and then call me back in 15-30 minutes. They NEVER called me. I finally called them back and told them this was the worst experience I've ever had with ANY service company in my life and that they were fired. I filed a complaint with a supposed supervisor who promised he'd be writing up everyone I'd spoken to that day but I told him I didn't care what he did... it wasn't going to make my experience any better and I'd NEVER recommend their company to anyone. In an 8 hour span, I missed all of my plans for the day, had multiple people from the company lie straight to me about "my tech," was late to evening plans I was volunteering at and still have a broken stove!!

Description of Work
I needed someone to fix my stove

09/22/2017

They are an "A" definitely. The price was fair. I just called them up and they were out the next day. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Routine checkup.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/19/2017

The initial fix was for my stand-alone ice maker purchased from Sears. The pump had stopped, and I had to have a technician come to verify that the pump was the problem, so the part had to be ordered - which took 7 business days, then the technician came back to install the pump. While in the house, I was convinced that I should have my clothes dryer serviced. I agreed and the technician took my dryer apart and vacuumed it. When he put it back together it worked for a few minutes. Two days later, the dryer will not work at all. It appears that there is something wrong electrically with the unit as nothing happens. So - I have attempted to get Sears back to fix what they broke. Initially I was told that someone would be out to my house today by 5:00PM. I called to see what was happening at 4:45, just to be told that the technician was delayed and would arrive within 30 minutes. This time came and went and when I called back they stated that they would arrive by 7:00PM. At 8:30 PM I called again only to find out that they would not be coming today, and that the earliest would be two days. This is a totally unacceptable situation, and I am now having to get someone else to fix the broken unit.

Description of Work
See below - AWFUL !

09/09/2017

I'd give them all "A's". I just like Sears. The workers were fantastic. They cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Spring check up of heating and air.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Appliance repair - cooktops, microwaves, dishwashers, double ovens, dryers, freezers, garbage disposals, gas grills, ice makers, ranges, range hoods, refrigerators, ovens, stacked laundry, trash compactors & washers.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa