Good Dog Workshop

Founded 2008 • With Angi since July 2011

7423 Edington Drive

Warrenton, VA 20187

Through our personalized one-on-one training sessions, we’ll show you how to resolve your dog's behavioral issues. By learning the natural communication of dogs, you'll learn how to better understand your dog, better provide for him, and improve your relationship with your dog to make your lives more enjoyable. We’ll give you the knowledge and the confidence to work WITH your dog‘s nature, not against it. We'll teach you how to Speak Dog!...

03/03/2022

Kathy S.

A family (human and pet) focused company. They build off all our strengths to use in areas of need. I would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Behavior management

11/27/2021

E G.

Super! Thanks Brian for letting Petey, my Miniature Pinscher (Min Pin), and me borrow Marina. She’s a keeper for sure! My Min Pin tends to have hissy fits whenever he sees another dog or another dog approaches us. Once he calms down he usually accepts the other dog. Marina is right in that he needs more exposure to other dogs and that I need to be more assertive. I LOVE that your modis operandi is to include your own well-behaved dogs in a client’s training sessions. My Min Pin behaved beautifully when Marina visited us at home with her dogs Sasha and Sailor and behaved perfectly when we visited with Marina again, this time at and in the dog park in Warrenton – so perfectly Marina wondered why I needed her again. It was plain to see that my rascal can tolerate other dogs. Yet Petey still has hissy fits when it’s just him and me though I’m usually able to stop him sooner thanks to her recommendations. And since our last visit with Marina we’ve had success meeting three dogs (medium and large) whose owners were willing to wait for my little guy to finish his drama. We also visited the dog park in our neighborhood. It was crowded with dogs of all sizes and children with their families, ball throwing everywhere. But we walked around the exterior of the fence anyway to meet and greet toward deciding whether we’d enter. All seemed well until one big dog decided to bark and growl at Petey. That ended it for me, but we’ll try again. Anyway I continue to believe that my little guy will ultimately drop the hissy fits and behave nonchalantly around other dogs as he has already shown to be possible.

Description of Work
Help my dog to not be so reactive with other dogs.

11/05/2021

Jennifer F.

Brian is adept at interpreting humans and dogs and especially how they interact together. In just a couple of hours he revolutionized how we interact with our dog and now we have had tons of succes getting her to do things that were not impossible the prior 7 months. He listens and is patient as we describe our needs and struggles. He offers practical solutions that you can do without having to buy a lot of equipment or requiring treats on hand 25/7. We highly recommend Brian and will be calling on him periodically but in the future.

Description of Work
Dog trainer

04/02/2021

Jane S.

Brian was very professional and has a clear understanding of canine behavior. He made himself available for follow up questions via telephone or email. I am seeing changes in my dog's behavior with less barking and less aggression toward strangers.

Description of Work
Brian worked with my Yorkie on correcting aggressive behavior patterns and showed me techniques to follow through on.

11/16/2020

Adrienne M.

I was having such a difficult time getting my new puppy Leo to enjoy his crate. Brian helped me rearrange Leo’s space and he went and fell asleep in his crate instantly. I also had Brain teach me how to help Leo with recall and commands. Such an eye opening experience, we both learned so much!

Description of Work
Puppy training

Category dog trainers

Thanks very much, [Member Name Removed]. It was so much fun working with you and [Member Name Removed]. Let me know if you have any other questions about his continued training!

11/12/2020

Corliss J.

He was so helpful and provided me with so much information that helped me and my dog. He helped me bond with my dog better and be able to control his aggression and better socialize with other dogs.

Description of Work
I needed help with instruction for my aggressive dog.

11/08/2020

Aimee T.

Brian was right on with his assessment of the current challenges I’m having and provided me with a few things I need to work on with my dog prior to working with a trainer. I’ve been frustrated for a while trying to find the solution and felt a weight lift off my shoulders after my call with Brian.

Description of Work
I needed training for one of my dogs with behavioral issues.

10/15/2020

April A.

I found Good Dog Workshop through the Bark website, and I am very thankful that I found this incredible place to help people with their puppies and dogs. I purchased Brian's services for my friend who has a new bluetick coonhound and needed instruction about how to train and take care of his new pup. Brian had one of his skilled trainers named Marina come over to my friend's place to do in-person training with his new puppy. For three months after that, my friend will be able to call Marina with any questions and advice. After training with Marina, my friend's relationship with his new pup was transformed. He now feels confident that he can have a harmonious and healthy relationship with his new pup. I wholeheartedly recommend Good Dog Workshop.

Description of Work
Dog Training

Category dog trainers,pet sitters

09/28/2020

Brittney H.

After some convincing from my boyfriend, I agreed to have Marina come visit and provide some guidance with my Newfoundland. It was the best thing we could have done! Marina was amazing! She came to the house and was direct, confident, provided more structure and answered all our questions and concerns with out hesitation or guesswork. I had attempted to train my Newfoundland, Bruce, in the early stages of his life because I knew the size he could be and how I could loose control quickly. We were able to get the basics down fairly easily but there were concerns later that a training class at Petco just wasn't really addressing. Bruce is approaching his 2nd birthday and Marina showed us more in depth of what Bruce was seeking from us, that we can teach and he can learn/obey/accept these new commands, how to obtain and hold the dominant role within our pack and how we can all live in a happy home with less worries. We are excited to continue using the tools she has provided us and take Bruce on more walks 😊

Description of Work
Training my Newfie

09/18/2020

Helga L.

Very prompt response to my online inquiry. I spoke with Brian (free consultation) who gave me some solid advice about our new senior rescue who is barking a lot. His understanding of dogs and how they communicate was apparent and he offered solid advice. I'm thankful to have connected with him.

Description of Work
Dog behavior modification.

Animal Training
    Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, American Express, Discover

DOG BEHAVIOR TRAINING — We come to you to show you how to better work with your dog and resolve behavior problems. Pulling on-leash, jumping up on people, countersurfing, aggression — we deal with all issues. EVALUATIONS — We meet you and your dog to assess your dog's temperament and behavior, then we'll teach you how to get started resolving those issues.

Dog walking without client present.