Vienna Eyecare Center

Founded 1985 • With Angi since January 2009

120 Beulah Rd

Vienna, VA 22180

Dr.Snively was recently named one of the "Best" Optometrists in the Metro DC area by the readers of the Community Times newspapers. Our office is dedicated to providing the highest quality optometric care at affordable fees.Your eyes are for life, and so should your eye care. We take the time to get to know your eye care history and health. Our approach to eye care ensures that you get the best possible care, advice and options for your vision needs. Dr. Snively accepts a wide variety of vision insurances. Please call today for more information....

04/30/2014

Diane H.

Description of Work
Needed to get two prescription glasses, one pair for close work/reading and the other progressive for varied distances. I always have a difficult time getting prescriptions/lenses that give me clear vision; usually it requires multiple visits because (mostly) the lenses did not match the prescription, were framed/centered incorrectly, the prescription was not suitable or the lenses were inferior. Dr. Snively and his staff got it right the first time--no repeat visits! It was a pleasure to deal with such a professional, competent, and friendly office. I'll go there again when I need to & recommend Dr. Snively/Vienna Eyecare Center to anyone who has difficulty getting accurate prescription glasses.

09/16/2013

Sharon P.

I am a very difficult patient to fit when it comes to glasses. I have a lot of problems with my vision and have to have tri-focals. I also have a sensitive bridge. It's difficult to find glasses that fit correctly and aren't too heavy so that they will sit in the correct position for the glasses to work correctly. I've had bad experiences previously so I very much appreciated that his office did a competent job with a difficult patient.

Description of Work
I went to Dr. Snidely to have my glasses made and the prescription verified.

06/29/2013

Barry N.

The exam was for my wife and she was happy with both Dr Snively and his staff. He has later technology than our previous Ophthalmologist who has retired. He is also more expensive!

Description of Work
Routine Eye Exam

05/10/2013

Joan M.

I was a bit stunned by the $699 bill for eye exam and new glasses lenses. This price did not include new frames or contacts lenses. Also, I told them I was a Costco member and wanted to compare contact lens prices. They told me the lens manufacturer name but would not provide me with my prescription until I called back and told them the Costco price for that manufacturer's lenses. They could not meet the price and sent me my prescription. I felt like I was fighting for something I had paid for.

Description of Work
I needed an annual eye examination and I found the provider and staff courteous but not forthcoming about pricing.

04/16/2013

R P.

It went very well and they took good care of us there. They were courteous, thorough and efficient. The office environment was fine; it was good. They kept their appointment.

Description of Work
We used Vienna Eyecare Center.

04/15/2013

Steve M.

Made appointment; went for exam. Ordered new lenses for glasses, kept existing frames. Returned about a week later, new lenses were installed. Great service.

Description of Work
Annual eye exam.

04/02/2013

michael M.

Great. Dr Snively and his staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. His staff handles the routine eye machine tests and he handles the one better or two tests afterwards. The doctor takes his time with his patients and connects on a personal level.

Description of Work
Annual contact assessment and regular eye exam

04/01/2013

Marc O.

Appointment was easy to make. They answered my questions about approximate costs up front and over the phone. Minimal wait after arrival. Thorough standard eye exam the detailed discussions on contact preferences. My prescriptions was unique so trial lenses had to be ordered. Returned a week or so later and again was promptly taken care of. Tried the lenses and the optometrist checked the fitting. Tiried the lenses for a couple weeks and one didn't fit quite right. Went for another check and another trial lense. That one worked and they order a year supply of disposables and had them sent to my house. Very happy with the results.

Description of Work
Needed to update contact prescription. Very professional staff and optometrist. Listened closely to my needs and wants. Took the extra time to do a couple of fittings with trial lenses to insure fit was good.

12/15/2012

Samuel S.

I was very comfortable with the experience, from setting up the appointment, getting the eye exam, and finally purchasing the glasses. I was pleased that they were well informed as to what was covered under my insurance and what was not.

Description of Work
I had an eye exam and purchased eye glasses.

07/18/2012

Ralph A.

They didn't charge me anything. I've been going there for over 20 years. He's very responsive. Usually if you have an issue, they fix it for free.

Description of Work
I had my glasses replaced.

06/15/2012

Nancy B.

My appointment was made at the time I had my eye exam the previous year. The staff took me back at my appointment time, and performed some preliminary tests on special equipment. When I met with the doctor, he performed the eye exam, and listened to everything I had to say about problems with my vision. He then took care to choose contact lenses that would be comfortable for me to wear. The routine is to order a trial pair of contact lenses, and have me wear them for several days before ordering a supply of lenses. This particular time, it took me several return visits and several different trial contact lenses to find the best fit for me. The doctor and the staff were always courteous and patient with me as I worked to find comfortable contact lenses. They never made me feel that I was wasting their time, or being an annoyance. Their main interest was making sure that I was completely satisfied with the contact lenses that I ordered. The lenses cost more than I might have paid at Costco, but I know that I would not have had the opportunity to try multiple varieties of lenses to find the best fit if I had gotten them there.

Description of Work
I went for my regular annual eye exam for glasses and contact lenses. The doctor and his staff are all very concerned about making sure that I was completely happy with the fit of my contact lenses.

02/16/2012

Michael M W.

He is very professional, very good, and has a great bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Dr. Richard Snively is my eye doctor. I saw him two weeks ago.

02/04/2011

Michael M W.

I have recently ordered glasses from him. I am waiting for them to be delivered. He has a very friendly staff. They are very courteous, very polite, and very responsible. The office is clean, uncluttered, and well organized. He is very easy going, personable, caring, friendly, and basically a nice guy. I will continue to use his services in the future.

Description of Work
Dr. C. Richard Snively is my optometrist.

10/11/2010

Ruth Mary H.

Dr. Snively is good. His office staff is very polite and helpful. He has a nice facility. He listens and he helped me with my dry eye problem. He saw me the same day I contacted him. He is a little gruff when it comes to his bedside manner, but he knows what he is doing. The effectiveness of treatment has been good so far. One of the medicines he gave me didn?t work. I will probably continue to see him for eye glasses and other services.

Description of Work
Dr. Richard Snively is the optometrist who I saw about 2 to 3 weeks ago.

07/21/2010

PETE H.

He was certainly helpful and eager to try to make things work, but I think his technical skills were average.

Description of Work
I have used Dr. Richard Snively for optometry.

10/02/2009

Kathleen M.

Dr. Snively knows what he is doing. He has been good about accessing any problems that I might have and offering suggestions. He has been helpful providing glasses and contact lenses. It is usually pretty easy to get in for an appointment with Dr. Snively. I will continue to go see Dr. Snively in the future.

Description of Work
I see Dr. C. Richard Snively as my optometry specialist. When I go into the office Dr. Snively does all of the necessary glaucoma testing, vision testing, and eye checks.

01/22/2009

TERESA C.

He is professional and knowledgeable. The office runs smoothly and I would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
I've been going to him for five years for eye exams. He writes my prescriptions.

Eye Care - Optometry
    Eye Care - LASIK
    Eye Care - Pediatric Optometry
    Eye Care - Pediatric Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Ophthalmology
    Eye Care - Optical Sales & Repair

Optometry, adult eye wear, kids glasses, eye exams, eyeglasses, eyeglass frames, eyeglass lenses, contact lenses, sunglasses, contacts, treatment of eye diseases, glaucoma, cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, strabismic surgery, infections, eye injuries, corneal refractive therapy, optical & eyeglass repairs.