Colonial Animal Hospital

With Angi since August 2005

Veterinarians
Animal Grooming
Animal Boarding Kennels

Colonial Animal Hospital is a full service medical and surgical veterinary hospital located in Midtown Springfield, VA, limited to dogs and cats. Our practice philosophy is preventative health medicine which we individualize based on the animal's age and lifestyle. Colonial Animal Hospital, the comfort of a second home....

05/25/2018

We were there on February 10 to get a rabbi shot and had a physical then as required which was news to me. I said I need annual shots but it is too soon and I will be back in a few months. They mentioned I might need another annual physical to receive these shots. I said if so I will take my dog somewhere else as we just had a physical for the rabbi shot. The receptionist checked and said we would...

Description of Work
My dog needs her annual shots.

05/22/2017

They’re good people. Ask for Dr. Fennel, she is the best!

02/01/2017

Another excellent company and I would recommend to anyone, the wait time is about 5 minutes and the vet interacts well with my pet. The best thing about them is the skill of the vet.

Description of Work
Check up and general health care including vaccination.

08/12/2015

I was able to get in the same day. I could drop my pet in the am, and pick him up. Very happy. They really care about my kitty.

Description of Work
kept my cat for the day. urine sample, meds, food

06/08/2015

We have used them for years. They are very good. We have used them with all of the dogs and cats that we've had. They are professional, personable, and act like they care about the animals. My sons cat got sick and they got her in and ended up having to put her down. They have a heart. We go to them all of the time and at Halloween they have a costume party and they give out prizes. They have a pe...

Description of Work
Colonial Animal Hospital is our vet. He has done surgery on one of my French Bulldogs.

07/07/2014

We've been using them for 2 years. The reception people are really nice and friendly. They are really welcoming.

Description of Work
They are our vet.

03/12/2014

was not cancerous also had her shots on the follow up

Description of Work
my cat Valentine had surgery in a bump on her face. Dr Vaughn was wonderful.

06/17/2013

Dr. Vaughn from Colonial Animal Hospital is absolutely wonderful. She doesn't jump to worst case scenario. She looks at the animal as a whole and is more concerned with the quality of life. We saw one at the same clinic and she absolutely lost her composure over the cat's weight and was absolutely livid. Dr. Vaughn sees him and he sees a very happy, very healthy cat who has a more fantastic coat than she has seen in most cats. This other doctor was absolutely beside herself and was suggesting things that had to be done or the cat will get diabetes and all this other ridiculous stuff. We had a dog that was at the end of her life span and she was wonderful. They put the dog to sleep and she sent me a card afterwards. She was very compassionate and has a very good bedside manner. I think they're a little bit on the expensive side.

Description of Work
We've been going to the vet for about 8 years.

06/13/2012

They are two vets there and they are all very knowledgeable. They all know everybody and the animals. They do a nice job.

Description of Work
I used Colonial Animal Hospital for veterinary service. I use them for two cats and one dogs checkup.

03/22/2012

It is a great place to get care for my pets as they are very caring and knowledgable. The staff are friendly and caring as well. I will continue taking my pets to them.

Description of Work
I use Colonial Animal Hospital for my animal care.

Category veterinarian

Vaccinations, dental care, laboratory testing, surgery, radiology, microchipping & bathing.