Do you need to take a trip to the dog groomers' salon? Dog grooming costs vary, but here's what to expect to pay for that shampoo and other pet products.
Find top pet groomers in Salem, VA
There are 3 top-rated pet groomers in your area and 2 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Dog Grooming Reviews in Salem
- MY FAVORITE GROOMER, LLC.I don't even have a dog, but I watch My Favorite Groomer on YouTube. When we started wearing face masks, I knew most people wouldn't think to order from a dog groomer. The masks are great and I wouldn't buy any different kind. They come in different sizes and fit my face perfectly. Plus, they are beautiful read less
- Carvin's Cove Bed & BiscuitOur dog loves Carvin’s Cove Bed and Biscuit, he barks as we pull up to the facility to let everyone know he is there.
- ABCDE DOG GROOMINGAll five dogs looked great! Maltese, Malti-poo, Yorkie-poo, Jack Russell, 60lb sheep dog type. All had appropriate cuts and they did exactly what we wanted and used their judgment on the rest. The price is GREAT and they picked them up and brought them back. Can't say enough good things about the quality and service we received. definitely will call them again read less
- ASPEN GROVE BED & BREAKFAST BOARDING INCExceptional service. Our German Shepherd loves it here. Everyone is very professional and they take great care of our dog which we are away. I do not feel stressed when leaving her at Aspen Grove. I know she will get the best care available anywhere. If they did not have an opening available when I needed them, I would really have to rethink taking a trip and leaving my dog somewhere else read less
- Carvin's Cove Bed & BiscuitWe have boarded our dog Rascal many times in the past. He has never eaten very good. This was the first he eat and came out looking happy in every way. We could not be more pleased with their service.
- Cruisin' Kuts LLCWe enjoy them immensely. She was outstanding and the price was excellent. She did a wonderful job we were all blown away, we were so impressed. It was not an easy job to do and she made it look easy.
- Heartstrings Pet Lodging And SpaThe dogs like it here. They get to sleep together at night and play with other dogs during the day. It makes me feel better about having to leave them behind for my travels. They also will groom them if hey have availability which cuts down in the number of trips I have to make. They are well accepted as the best in the area, and as a result they frequently have no vacancy. Book well in advance, especially if you will be gone on a holiday or weekend read less
- VILLAGE GROOMERKen always does an excellent job on Ozzie. He comes home looking and smelling great. Since he has a double coat and blows it at least twice a year, grooming him takes patience and talent. The Village Groomer excels in both. I have taken my dogs there for many years. I have never been disappointed. When I had elderly dogs, the care shown them was exceptional. I wouldn't consider going anywhere else read less
- Star City Bark AveI called a week and a half ago, and they could get me in next Thursday. That is hard to change. I have been going to them since he was little. They are good. I don't get the same groomer all the time. One may be better than the other one. Overall, a B. It takes so long to get them in. The price and I called other places. Its hard to take them to another place, you may get it cheaper, but you don't know the kind of work you may get read less
- Country Pet Grooming LLCEverything was good from start to finished The stated on time and was done on time at a good price
Pet Groomers in Salem
- Business Description:Integrity, Commitment, Experience We take the time and care to get every job done right the first time... With our talented team and years of experience, we can tackle even the toughest of projects. Offering both Commercial and Residential services, we are dedicated to providing you with the best experience possible We offer concrete leveling and concrete slab lifting services with structural foam injection. We can correct trip hazards in your sidewalks and pool decks with our patented struc.. read lessRecent Review:My pool deck was a sunken mess. American Concrete was able to make my pool deck completely level again. No more tripping hazards for my grand babies!! Would use them again in a heart beat.Stephanie B.
- Business Description:Dog & Cat Boarding Kennel. We offer large in-door / out-door runs. $28.00 "per night" (Not Per Day) includes food twice a day, bedding, administering of medications as needed, and a minimum of 4 outdoor play times per day in one of two staff supervised playgrounds. CC B&B has three central A/C and heating systems to keep the environment safe and comfortable read lessRecent Review:I've used Carvin's Cove Bed & Biscuit repeatedly. If we are going away for more than a weekend, it's our go-to place to kennel our dog. He LOVES to go and especially enjoys the outside time.Frances R.
- Business Description:Puppy training, obedience, behavior problems--private, in-home lessons and group classesRecent Review:High Hopes is amazing. They made such a difference in our dog Huey’s life.Robin W.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job.Recent Review:Sorry if this is long but something seriously needs to be done about this!!! I just had the worst day today. I took my dog and cat to get groomed at Heartstrings pet lodging and spa on PHD. A girl named Megan groomed my cat. This is Leo. It was his first time going to the groomer. I've always been the one to groom him and he's never been aggressive... I took pictures of my cat before bringing him in incase anything happens, which is him on the left, before the groomers. Not even 15 min later I bring my dog back so she can wait to get groomed while Leo is getting groomed. The lady comes running out saying I should take my cat to the vet. I say what do you mean?? I walk in and see him on the table, they lift up a whole flap of skin and all I see is this huge gash! It looked like he was sliced by a knife and it was about 2 inches long. They said the wound was already here when I brought him in. Alright my cat had nothing wrong with him before I took him here. I IMMEDIATELY took Leo to the vet and the vet said this wound is FRESH. That it did not look like a puncture wound from another animal. That it either had to be the groomer or he got caught on bobwire which isnt possible under the circumstances. I waited for the owner of Heartstrings to arrive. He was a very rude old man named Rick. He didnt want to believe that my cat was wounded by his groomer even though everything is pointing to the groomer. I was very upset and he wasnt wanting to do anything about this situation or have any care about what happened to my cat. He refused to pay my cats vet bill and was just absolutely SURE that the groomer didnt do it even though theres NO CAMERAS! I have a picture of my cat right before taking him. I wish I got a picture of the gash but I was so stressed about taking him to the vet I didnt think about taking a picture I just have one after the staples and $300 vet bill. Can someone please help me on what to do about this situation because justice has to be done and I feel so left in the dark with this! 😓� read lessMorgan C.
- Business Description:Cost is determined by the job. Additional DBA - Bowler's Supply.Recent Review:Please do not trust these people with your pets. We were in the process of moving and I needed some place quickly to board our 3 dogs because the movers were going to have every door in the house open for several days. I contacted Taj Mapaw and they had available space. I took my dogs there on Saturday morning before heading to work. I was provided the basic information forms by Tyler and informed him that they would be boarding over the weekend and that the female was ok to board with either male but the two males couldn't be left alone together. The following morning around 9a I receive a call from the owner Chris who said that Ramsey (my smaller male dog) wasn't feeling well and that he was all wet so he gave him a bath and cleaned him up and had him upfront with him. I asked him at that time if he had been with my other male dog and he said he thought so. I asked him if he needed to go to the vet or be picked up and he said I think he's fine I'll just keep him up here with me. 2 hours later I get a call that Ramsey doesn't seem to be doing any better and someone should probably come pick him up. We are out of town so I ask my son to go get him. About 20 minutes later I receive a call from Chris that they were taking Ramsey to the vet that he was having trouble breathing. My son goes directly to the vet where he is told that Ramsey had already passed when the person from Taj Mapaw brought him in. My son had to take our dog home and bury him. When I get to the place to pick up my other 2 dogs the owner has no empathy or remorse whatsoever. He actually had the nerve to say "well I won't charge you for Ramsey". He was a complete jerk. Then he told me it was my fault because I should have written it on the basic information form. EVEN THOUGH I CLEARLY TOLD HIS EMPLOYEE. I would never, ever trust anything living with those people. Negligent and careless is an understatement read lessAmy T. S.
- Business Description:Dr. Stewart has over 18 years experience providing comprehensive therapeutic and preventative medical care for small mammal, birds, ferrets, rabbits, rodents (guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, etc.), hedgehogs, sugar gliders, reptiles, amphibians as well as dogs and cats. Dr. Stewart is Vet-in- Charge for Mill Mountain Zoo and provides care for many of the areas education animal collections read lessRecent Review:Dr. Stewart's passion for his work and love for his patients is amazing. He and Dr. Connelly are excellent doctors. Their combined knowledge is staggering! The staff are all fantastic. Everyone, including the doctors, are friendly and professional. I wouldn't trust my pets' care to anyone else read lessSandra T.
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Petco Animal Supplies Inc.
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated groom shop.Recent Review:All five dogs looked great! Maltese, Malti-poo, Yorkie-poo, Jack Russell, 60lb sheep dog type. All had appropriate cuts and they did exactly what we wanted and used their judgment on the rest. The price is GREAT and they picked them up and brought them back. Can't say enough good things about the quality and service we received. definitely will call them again read lessCarol C.
- Business Description:Prices are available on our website - http://angelsofassisi.org/services/ Spay/Neuter specials are sometimes in effect.Recent Review:The vet there stated that only problem was allergy to his food and skin allergies. Spent approx $200.00 for visits and medications. My dog started to bleed from his nose. I was working as a substitute teacher and asked my son to take him in. He arrived early that morning and my poor dog was bleeding on their floors. The Extremely rude receptionist said in a loud and demanding voice that they see no animals regardless or reason without prior appointment. My son said she then all but screamed at him to get our dog out. I had my son take him to the Vinton Vet who after exam immediately diagnosed him with Leukemia. He was dead by the next week. Vinton stated that treatment was too late to help him survive. Maybe had I seen a real vet he would have lived longer and in more peace. I wrote a letter to the Board of Assisi about my treatment, they never even bothered to answer my letter. My experience was sad their treatment was deplorable and their staff incompetent read lessJulie A.
- Business Description:Are you frustrated when you spend money on products to eliminate odors yet the odors return? Are you tired of the odor being covered up by a fragrance and it smells worse? Are you afraid to use those odor removal products on your skin or your pet's fur? Then it's time to use something safe as soap and REALLY does get rid of the odors. From Mold to Urine to Smoke to Trash you MUST try OdorXit products! OdorXit Concentrate will permanently and safely eliminate urine, feces, vomit, dead animal s.. read lessRecent Review:No more musty odor in my laundry room and the tae kwon do equipment is totally refreshed! OdorXit is a remarkable product.YVONNE C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful pet groomer articles
Wood, metal and stone fencing materials are popular options for residential fences, but consider your needs for enclosing your yard before making a selection.
Geothermal energy, radiant heat and solar heat are three of five unique, but effective, options to heat your home. Find out which one works best for your home.
Find dog groomers in
- Cave Spring
- Poages Mill
- Bent Mountain
- Boones Mill
- Blue Ridge
- New Castle
- Copper Hill
dog groomers in Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- ABCDE DOG GROOMING211 8 1/2 ST SE
- ABOUT PETS CTR1604 CONEHURST BLVD
- American Concrete Services LLC 5405 Port Royal Rd
- Angels of Assisi415 Campbell Ave SW
- Animal Care Center of Salem1035 Electric Rd
- ASPEN GROVE BED & BREAKFAST BOARDING INC7373 FRANKLIN RD
Boones Mill, Virginia
- Avian & Exotic Pet Clinic Of Roanoke3959 Electric Rd Ste 155
- ABCDE DOG GROOMING
- Biscuits and Bubbles109 West Main Street
- Biscuits and Bubbles
- Doggy Doos2104 Hardy Rd
- Doggy Doos
- Kneate Products home of The Bristle Buddy3588 HWY 138 S.E. Ste 212
- Kneate Products home of The Bristle Buddy
- OdorXit Products3729 Riva Ridge Dr # 194
- OdorXit Products
- Roanoke Valley Pet Sitting & Dog Walking1828 Westover Ave SW
- Roanoke Valley Pet Sitting & Dog Walking