Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1996 • With Angi since April 2011

4.4

9836 Seminole Trail

Ruckersville, VA 22968

Roto-Rooter offers commercial and residential plumbing services. From emergency plumbing to drain cleaning, sewer cleaning to pipe work, Roto-Rooter can help you with any plumbing problem. Roto-Rooter plumbers are licensed and insured and handle everything from water lines to toilet and shower problems. No plumbing job is too big or too small for our experienced and professional plumbers. Schedule an appointment by phone or online, we'll come when it's convenient for you....

02/03/2021

Keith B.

(Roto-Rooter Rusckersville VA) In my opinion, a company so big and with so much name recognition that they might not care about customer service or repeat business. The initial price for work was inaccurate, denying me the opportunity to assess cost and then decline the work. The equipment they recommended for the drain cleaning couldn't negotiate the contour of the pipe. They then more than doubled the price quote! After declining further service, they insisted, under threat of legal action to be PAID IN FULL for the initial failed service attempt. They refused any fee reduction despite the failed service. It was an experience where I felt deceived and bullied. Next time I will find a smaller company that might appreciate my business and maybe take some pride in their work. Due to the company’s willingness toward litigation...this review represents my opinion, feelings and best understanding of the interaction.

Description of Work
Drain cleaning

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

The customer called in for french drains to be cleaned because they were stopped up. The CSR informed the customer that we would bring the high pressure water jetting unit with us based on the service that he needed. The customer was quoted the price of the equipment at the time of scheduling and accepted it verbally. The technician arrived on the job and the customer showed him the area that needed to be cleaned out. The drain that was cleaned out first is a trench drain, this prevents water from getting into his garage, it was holding water and had debris in it. The tech informed the customer that he could clean out the line with the water jetting unit and the customer accepted the process again. The drain was cleaned from the garage to the outfall at the curbside, at the end of his driveway, it was also cleaned backwards from the curbside to the trench drain in front of his garage, water flow was reestablished. The customer asked the technician if he could look at another drain that needed to be cleaned. This was a french drain that is around the foundation of the house. The customer had dug down and exposed the french drain lines himself, this was about 6' in depth. The customer informed the tech that he was getting water into his house, there is a window were he was digging. The customer told the tech that when he dug down to the pipe and that he had hit the pipe and broke it with the shovel. The customer ask if we could also us the equipment to clean the lines out, he was still in the two hour cost window of the jetting service. The tech did use the water jetting unit to attempt to clear the line. The tech was able to clear the front side of the house's french drain this was about 80' in length from the hand dug area, no water came back into the excavated area, this indicates the drain is taking water properly. The tech then attempted the clear the backside of the house's french drain, but was unable to get the hose to navigate around the fittings of the tile drains. This is not un common for this to happen because Terracotta pipe does not have fittings (as in 90 degree turns because it is made of clay). The area that he dug out was about 5' in depth. The customer asked for a quote to repair the line which included the process of video inspection and line location to verify where the outfalls or where they were connected to. Based on the current depth of the hand dug area and need to hand dig more out, this area is considered a confined space area that would need proper shoring based on OSHA regulations. The customer was going to hand dig this area himself and would have it prepped for us to come back out and finish the requested service. The quote to the customer is as follows: The technician advised the customer due to the depth of the line any work done inside of the excavated area it would require shoring. Also in the quote it included video inspection to locate any the next section of pipe to be exposed and any issues inside of the drain pipe. Also it included further jetting, the customer also asked for the a cleanout to be installed. The cost would be for the needed equipment and manpower to complete the job. The tech quoted a starting price. When all information needed had been provided for a more precise estimate, the office called the customer and advised what that amount would be. The customer then declined any further services. The customer was advised that he was responsible for the services that had already been completed. He asked that I email him a copy of the invoice and advised that he would mail in a check. After multiple calls to the customer to collect he was given final notice to pay or legal action would be pursued. He called back and advised that he refused to pay because we couldn't do all of the work that he wanted. The office attempted to explain to the customer that he was quoted a flat rate fee for the service and that the service that they had requested was completed. The line that he called in for was open and flowing. It was the additional work that was requested that we were unable to complete. The customer refused to pay for the service that we had completed (the first drain we cleaned) he was informed and approved the price and the work to be completed. We have it marked down on our invoice that he approved the service verbally when scheduled the call. We made several attempts to collect payment with no results. When a customer refuses to pay and doesn't respond we advise the customer that we will take legal action to collect (we don't bully a person we just take actions to collect our money for the services performed). The last conversation that was had with the customer was that he was not concerned with our collection attempts and that he was not going to pay. The customer sent in payment for the service done on the original visit on 12/30/21 We received his check on 1/8/2021 and deposited.

03/26/2019

W Frank M.

I really appreciate Roto-Rooter's honesty and professionalism. A tech from another company over charged me for the same work and told me I had problems that it turns out I didn't have. Will was very efficient and respectful just like the previous tech from Roto-Rooter, that have come. The operator on the phone was also very nice and called me when they had a cancellation so they were able to move up my appointment and save me time off work. Roto-Rooter saved me time and a lot of money. I will definitely keep recommending them to everyone I know.

Description of Work
Checked drainage water

10/30/2018

Rebecca D.

They showed up about an hour or two after I called on a Friday morning, which was a very pleasant surprise. The work was competed very quickly.

Description of Work
I thought I had a toilet wax seal that needed to be replaced in an upstairs bathroom, because we noticed a spot on the ceiling downstairs. Plumber pointed out that it could not have been the toilet, because the stain was on the ceiling near the bay window (therefore a roofing issue). Stupid on my part because I should have realized that. However both upstairs toilets needed the entire insides replaced, as well as a new water line. (Yes...they REALLY were needed.)

12/21/2017

Dirk K.

They were great to work with and we would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Our septic pump wasn't working as well as it should.

Category plumbing,septic tank

10/09/2017

W Frank M.

Excellent!!! The plumber was informative and so quick. He went over what he would need to do and how much it would cost. The person that took my appointment was also very courteous. They said between 8-10am and he was there at around 8:30am a lot sooner then expected. I really appreciate that as a single female he didn't ask personal questions, if I was married or what my husband, boyfriend or father could do to help me like other service people have from other companies.

Description of Work
Bathroom sink, slow drip.

08/28/2017

Saunders M.

I think that the problem appeared to be much bigger than what they could handle. How they wanted to fix the problem was not the right way to fix it.

Description of Work
They installed / needed to fix a drain pipe.

Category drain pipe,drain cleaning

04/10/2017

gary Y.

it went well, on time, below estimate

Description of Work
replacement of sewer line

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning

10/31/2016

Maria C.

Buzz came in and got rid of the clog. He also informed me that the toilets that had been installed in the condo were notorious for clogging. As a result, I purchased a toilet auger and I am taking preventive measures to avoid problems in the future.

Description of Work
Needed help unclogging a toilet that had overflowed.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

01/14/2016

Ralph D.

This is probably the best and most responsive service provider I have ever dealt with in Charlottesville. I have dealt with other plumping issues (leaking washer hookups; burned out hot water heater; septic pumping) and have gone with different providers for each. Roto-rooter was by far the easiest to get a hold of and fastest to ever make it to my place (and it was after hours!). We noticed water backing up from the basement floor drain and called the main office at ~6:00pm. The office picked up right away and contacted a technician and he called me back within 10 mins to give me an ETA as he was stuck in traffic. Even with the traffic he was at our place and looking at the problem by 6:45pm! I was floored! I've never had such fast service! Buzz, the technician, was super helpful and personable. He explained what he was going to do and his problem solving process and the different outcomes that were possible. He also provided approximate cost estimates for the different scenarios that could be causing our problem. It was very clear and informative, I feel much better prepared for the next time we have problems. That first night Buzz attempted to find the clog with a camera (which my 5yo son got a total kick out of), but it made it all the way to the tank without finding it. Which meant he was going to have to dig up the access hatch to look inside the tank. Unfortunately, it was dark by then so he marked it off and had to come back the next day. He felt so bad about not being able to fix the problem that night and was super apologetic. He was just the friendliest guy. Anyways, the next day Buzz dug up the hatch and pulled out a big old ball of roots that was blocking up the drain! Fixed! Maybe it was because he did such a great job explaining all the potential costs that when he rung up the final price we were delighted that it was so low! Only 300 and change - we were really expecting about $600+ for the work he did. I feel that Buzz gave us a really good deal - I think because he felt so bad about not being able to help us that first night. :) A+ for Buzz.

Description of Work
Removed a bunch of roots from my septic tank that was causing a rather unpleasant backup!

Category plumbing,septic tank,water heater repair,drain cleaning

12/31/2015

Robert R.

It went well and the job was thorough. To prepare the original cost estimate, I met Ruckersville Roto Rooter's Robert Watson at the home and we discussed the project and his recommendations. Afterward, Mr. Watson called and we discussed how it went, and he even went back to the property after our conversation and put an additive in the distribution box to r***** future root growth, advising me what to buy and how often to apply it, myself, in the future. I was very impressed by the professionalism of both Mr. Watson and Kelley at the office, who answers the phone and helped set up the appointment for estimate, and followed up with the video, and I am very appreciative of their responsiveness. I will definitely hire Ruckersville Roto Rooter for future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Roto Rooter used water from a pressurized tank on their truck to power-blast roots from the two drain lines that run from the septic system's distribution box. Roto Rooter's device also used a camera that allowed them to create and send a like to an uploaded video that demonstrated the cleaned drain lines. The video included footage of the D-box itself so although I was not able to be present for the cleaning, I was able to recognize that it was, in fact, a video of my system and D-box.

Category plumbing,septic tank,drain cleaning

RooterMan of Virginia

Rooter-Man of Virginia has been a Charlottesville, VA professional plumbing, sewer, and drain cleaning company for over 40 years. Owned by the Stemmle family, and proudly serving Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Staunton, Harrisonburg, Orange, and Culpeper. Please call us at 434-963-7668 to schedule, and mention you found us from Angie's List to have the $59 dispatch fee waived.

Cooper Brothers Restoration

At CBR we offer water, fire, smoke, odor, and mold clean up. We also offer carpet and oriental rug cleaning. We are a small business with 20+ years of experience. We are certified, licensed, and insured to perform all the services we offer. We have a Master Water and a Master Fire technician on staff. We are a 24/7 , 365 days a year emergency service company.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential and commercial installation, repair and replacement of plumbing includes water lines, disposers, faucets, sinks, drains, septic tank pumping, showers, tubs, sewer lines, sewer and drain cleaning, sump pumps, toilets, video camera line inspection, water heater & restoration.

Ask for details.