Yards Plus LLC

Founded 2000 • With Angi since November 2012

4616 Shoremeade Rd.

Richmond, VA 23234

In January of 2000 we started our business and after several name changes and streamlining we put together a company designed to fill a specific need. We pride ourselves on providing the best possible service at reasonable prices. We are essentially two companies in one, property services and clutter removal. We are a member of the Better Business Bureau in good standing and are also a certified contractor with Service Magic with many excellent references. We have a large client base and look forward to adding to that base many more satisfied clients. Additional E-mail - michaelpbowens@aol.com. Additional Website - www.bbbxpress.com/bowens_llc....

04/20/2019

Craig H.

I hired Mike to maintain the yard at a 7 unit apartment building I own. This included mowing, trimming, and basic upkeep. Yards Plus offered the best price for the job. They've been at it for about a month now and I couldn't be happier. The tenants at the building don't do the best job of picking up after themselves so every time it gets mowed Mike's crew has to first pick up any garbage that is lying around. The place has never looked better. Mike is very responsive and easy to work with. Since I don't live near the property he lets me know every week when the work was done and any issues that are worth mentioning. I would definitely recommend him to others looking for basic yard maintenance.

Description of Work
weekly mowing and yard maintenance

06/25/2017

Menachem S.

Staff was courteous and professional. Improved the look of our yard tremendously. Would use again.

Description of Work
Cleaning Yard. Removed numerous trees and debree.

06/14/2017

Allison H.

What can I say about Mike and his team? Mike listened to everything my wife was looking for and had great ideas. The team came promptly on the scheduled day and proceeded to landscape my entire front yard in a day. I couldn't believe how professionally and efficiently they approached it. It was obvious that they took pride in their work and it was important to them that they met our expectations. They not only met but exceeded them. It came out better than we ever expected and I can't say enough about them. These are your guys!!

Description of Work
Landscape front yard.

04/13/2017

mark F.

perfectly..

Description of Work
graded yard, add topsoil, seed

Category lawn service, mulch

03/10/2016

Diane W.

Referred me to someone who is an expert in the field of drainage instead of trying to do a job in order to get money. Very honest man.

Description of Work
I called Mr. Bown for a drainage yard problem in back yard. He came to look at it in a very short time although called me immediately upon my call to him. He was polite, appeared knowledgeable but said he didn't do that type of work. He said he knew someone that could do it and would refer my name and number to them to call me for an estimate and discuss what could be done.

08/24/2015

sandra M.

Excellent service, Punctual, and hard working. The yard looks beautiful and I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Cleaned the yard and dug up some old flower beds. Hauled away old branches and debris.

Category landscaping, lawn service, hardscaping

08/05/2015

Melody C.

Wow, what a great crew! Michael Bowens is knowledgeable, professional,honest and personable! He has great attention to detail and has an artistic eye. He really cares and wants your project to look as good as you want it to! That is rare in this day and age. I highly recommend him and will hire him again! This company is a rare find!!

Description of Work
Ran a border of railroad ties and landscape timber for gravel driveway and secured with rebar, graded the driveway and removed vegetation, hauled in and spread 15 ton of stone

Category concrete driveways, hauling services, landscaping, pavers, gravel

06/01/2015

Jennifer S.

Everything went great and loved the end result of how things looked. I would highly recommend him again!

Description of Work
Michael cut the grass, pulled out large overgrowth and shrubs in the backyard and threw a few old things out in our shed.

05/04/2015

Elizabeth P.

Mr. Michael Bowens responded promptly to our request for an estimate, and gave us a very reasonable price. We had recently moved into this house and the property had been neglected for a while. He and his crew worked steadily and efficiently for a few hours to blow all the leaves from around the house, throughout the lawn, and alongside the long driveway. They cleared some fallen branches and hundreds of twigs. They carefully disposed of the leaves in a wooded part of the yard as we preferred. Mr. Bowens was a pleasure to work with from start to finish, and our place looks so much better! We plan to use them for ongoing yard work.

Description of Work
Yards Plus did a major yard cleanup for us that included clearing out a year's worth of sticks and leaves plus mowing (almost an acre of space altogether).

01/16/2015

James P.

Mr. Mike Bowens showed up on schedule and after determining my exact requirements, sat his crew to work. I was absolutely pleased with the results and the amount of time in which he was able to accomplish the tasks. Considering the above, he will be the first contractor I call for future landscaping work.

Description of Work
General pruning, trimming and yard services.

07/16/2014

Patricia S.

Mr. Bowens and team cleared, graded and raked the land. Several large planting beds were cut in and then amendments were tilled into the soil. The beds were then mulched. Paths through the beds and across the lawn were created by sets of pavers. The group worked in high 90 weather and even sporadic rain. Mr. Bowens made a point of discussing the ongoing work with me and implemented any changes that I made even returning to double the number of pavers I had installed. He worked in cooperation with a drainage team and an irrigation company occasionally on site at the same time. I would definitely hire Mr. Bowens and his team for any future landscaping work.

Description of Work
Mr. Bowens and his team completed the initial stages of a landscaping plan for my backyard. This area had been left "as is" by the developer and was weed and debris filled

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, hardscaping

04/18/2014

SHARON P.

Mr. Bowen arrived prompt and we discussed the issues I wanted. He assured me that his company could complete the job. His company just completed the job and I must say it was done with excellence. Mr. Bowen company does an excellent job and I high recommend him if you are interested in this type of service.

Description of Work
Regrading and gravel of driveway (large), cutting down and removal dead and dying trees in wooded area beside my home, attached of rain sprout (4 areas), trenching and burial so that water would run away from the yard

03/25/2014

Lori D.

From start to finish this was a great transaction. Mr. Bowens came out right away to look at the situation, listened to what I wanted and what the issues were with my drainage. He then measured everything and examined where my drainage issues were occuring. Mr. Bowen gave me some good advice as to the best course of action to take to get the water issues under control, and for the best results for the money. Within 1 day I was provided with a detailed estimate for all aspects and costs of the work to be done and the work was scheuled. The work took about two days and Mr. Bowens and his crew did a great job on everything. They were courteous, helpful and left everything immaculate. They went above and beyond and the drainage is great and my driveway looks awesome! Mr. Bowens runs an efficient and honest business. I have already spoke to Mr. Bowen about coming back in the fall for some lawn and planting work.

Description of Work
Drainage Work, Tree Removal, Gravel Driveway with Landscaping Timbers

07/19/2013

Deborah N.

Fantastic job, very professional showed up with his crew when he said he would and worked quickly and efficiently to get the job done. Very fair pricing. Mr. Bowen goes out of his way to make sure his clients are happy with the process and the results. He brought stone and paver samples for approval before the installation! The driveway and surrounding area looks great! I will continue to use Bowens LLC as needs arise and I would recommend their services without any reservations!

Description of Work
Graded driveway, installed new rocks and border, moved rocks to small sitting area on front yard hill, mulched and cleaned up debris in back yard area. Replaced entrance rocks.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, mulch, hardscaping

06/24/2013

Carolyn W.

They do a FABULOUS, fairly priced job, ON TIME and with a friendly, professional attitude!

Description of Work
Yard cleanup of branches, etc, blow off hardscape areas and cut/trim entire yard

05/13/2013

Lonnie H.

Pending.

Description of Work
This is a preliminary review since the work has not been performed yet. But,I just wanted to note that Mr. Bowens understood what services I required that are above and beyond the norm for cutting, weeding, triming, and spring cleaning of my yard.Gave me an estimate accordingly, and did not try to talk me into less work that I was looking for, for a lower price.

05/09/2013

PAMELA W.

This started out as a lawn renovation project that I wanted to get a quote on. In addition, I wanted to upgrade the driveway from a combination of dirt and broken concrete, but planned to do that myself. I wanted the lawn area cleaned up and rototiller but didn't want to incur the expense of installing a sod lawn. Instead, I wanted grass seed and would fertilize and weed treat over the year and next year to improve the grass. When I met with Mike to get an estimate on the lawn, I talked about having him provide the gravel for the driveway. Mike was very professional and provided me with some great information on how to get the best prices on both the gravel and base stone (something I didn't even know I needed). I had been having a lot of difficulty removing some very old, broken concrete from the driveway area and after Mike left he called me and suggested that he could do both jobs at the same time and would be able to save me some money (and a lot of backaches). I ultimately agreed to have Mike do both. Mike had a large roll-away dumpster delivered to the site and showed up with a team of three additional helpers. They knocked out both the driveway and lawn in a (long) day and had the dumpster removed the next day. While I am no expert on what this work should have cost, I feel Mike's fee of $3,000 was fair and not at all excessive for the total amount of work done and the square footage involved. Keep in mind that he needed to bring in a dumpster, a tractor (to take up the old concrete and to spread the new driveway material) and also had to purchase and have delivered the topsoil and gravel. Throughout the process, Mike was professional and very helpful. Since then, he has revisited the house to check on the lawn and make suggestions for weed killer and fertilizer treatments. I could not have been happier with Mike's work and would enthusiastically recommend him for similar work efforts.

Description of Work
For front and side yards (over 1,500 sq.ft): - Scalp existing grass/weeds - Till and rake out yard - removing debris - Haul in and spread organic blend topsoil mix - Seed and fertilize front and side lawn and cover with straw. For driveway (over 800 sq.ft.): - Remove and haul away chunks of concrete (broken but very hard to remove) - Grade driveway - Haul in and spread crush and run stone (base) - Haul in and spread #57 stone (top dressing) - Hand finish

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment, hardscaping

03/04/2013

Judith J.

Very prompt service. Bowens,LLC came and tilled the yard and seeded in one day. Straw was placed and then

Description of Work
Lawn installation in my front and back yard. Dirt was tilled and seeded.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, lawn service, lawn treatment

11/27/2012

Carolyn W.

Excellent. I could not be happier!

Description of Work
Regraded and put down new gravel on our large driveway. Replaced all landscape timbers. Not only did Mr. Bowen show up exactly when he said he would, he and his crew did a GREAT job and were very pleasant. They cleaned up and made sure we were 100% satisfied with the project. I would not only highly recommend, but they will be doing my yard maintenance from now on too!

Category concrete driveways, hauling services, lawn service, lawn treatment

Stoneline Masonry

Driveways · Patios · Poolscapes · Walkways · Stoops & Steps · Landscape Design · Outdoor Kitchens · Veneers · Custom Brick-work As one of Richmond’s top Masonry companies, we provide outstanding masonry design and installation to residents throughout Richmond and Surrounding areas. All of our work meets or passes industry standards. Owning and operating our own trucks, tools and equipment makes it easy for us to work efficiently and offer extremely competitive pricing. Be Confident In Your Custom Stone Work. Give us a call today for your free quote!

Quality Masonry Care

Quality Masonry Care is a family and locally owned and operated business with more than 20 years of experience in masonry, paving, power washing and basement foundation work. Same-day service is available. Ask about our warranties and guarantees when you call.

Bernald Comtractor

MasterCard, Visa, Check

Property services- Renovation, maintenance of lawn & landscape, drainage issues, & Gravel driveways. Clean up & curb appeal. Clean out basements attics garages & storage spaces. Remove old appliances, demo sheds, construction cleanup, & after event & final touch cleaning.