EnviroGroup LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since August 2009

3407 Floyd Ave Indoor Environmental Consultant-Engineer,

Richmond, VA 23221

EnviroGroup is a professional firm dedicated to providing building science and indoor environmental diagnostics, consulting, restoration, design and construction services to prevent, diagnose, document, repair and resolve water and moisture damage, indoor environmental problems and air quality issues in commercial and residential structures (historic-new construction). Our investigations include a multi-disciplinary and scientific approach to diagnostics because indoor environmental problems may have several sources and/or complex building science issues which contribute to and/or exacerbate the known and potentially hidden problem(s). Our restoration and construction services utilize the highest quality craftsman in their respective fields....

10/15/2020

Maureen J.

I was very impressed with his knowledge and would not hesitate to use him.

Description of Work
Dante inspected our home for mold. He was very professional and knowledgeable. After a very thorough inspection, he determined that mold within our house was not the source of our problem. He suggested that we get a roof inspection because he did see some areas of concern in the attic. He did not charge us for the inspection.

Category air duct cleaning, mold removal

10/11/2020

Melinda D.

Dante and his team walked our entire house, looked at the HVAC, crawl space, attic and inside at registers. He measured moisture, air flow and came up with a game plan to avoid a future HVAC mold issue again before fixing the issue. We only had 1 return per floor for a 4880 square foot house. It was causing moisture build up and the crawl space had damage to the flex duct and effervesce on the walls of the crawl space due to water. He gave recommendations to fix both. Gutters were small 2" hole and require a larger, 3.5 hole with 6" downspout to get the water in and away from our foundation. The crawl space had damage due to critters and he recommended a full encapsulation since we were already replacing the damaged insulation, flex ducts, and the vapor barrier (which was not sealed). He was thoughtful, spent an hour and half with 2 other team members. He was not benefitting from the work, so I trust his recommendations as being solid, based on measurement ,his inspections and experience. He also found a clogged up french drain and crushed pipping to the street.

Description of Work
An Assessment of Mold Situation in HVAC and a Cause

Category gutter repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning, drain pipe

08/22/2020

Charles F.

The entire project was well handled even when a surprise showed up - a leak from a pipe up above. Arrangements were made for the repair and the project was still completed within the expected timeframe and the quality of the work was top-notch. In addition to the pipe repair, I had the insulation switched out, addressed some potential mold issues, and had everything encapsulated. Even my HVAC guys were impressed when the saw the work. Would definitely recommend this team.

Description of Work
Encapsulating the crawl space

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

07/27/2020

Tony F.

It went extremely well. My wife has an immune system that is extremely sensitive to biotoxins including mold. We did a great deal of research to find the best company to help us remediate our house and we were very satisfied with Dante and his company Enviorogroup. Dante is very technically qualified in the field, very experienced and a wealth of knowledge on house construction and environmental management. Dante and his team not only did excellent work in the area of remediation but recommended other excellent specialty companies in the area of HVAC duct cleaning and gutter installation who undertook those areas of the overall project. We were very satisfied with the professionalism, expertise and pricing that Envirogroup provided to this critical work for us. I would absolutely recommend considering Envirogroup for any important home remediation and improvement projects.

Description of Work
Mold inspection and remediation at our home in Chesterfield.

Category gutter repair, air duct cleaning, mold removal

07/16/2020

Laura P.

Kitchen water leak. Cracked ceramic floor tile wet wall. Complete removal of all cabinets and flooring. Drying 4 days. Mold and mildew treatments. Excellent job! Very neat and tidy job site. Above and beyond! Communication is excellent! Very professional. Feel very safe about my kitchen now!!

Description of Work
Kitchen remediation

Category drywall, air duct cleaning, mold removal

04/27/2020

Gretchen A.

Dante's and his team did an awesome job in a surprisingly short amount of time. They made visible progress every day and the quality of the work was outstanding.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel and relocation of washer/dryer

Category ceramic tile, drywall, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

11/25/2019

Brandy D.

This company (Dante) is a true professional. He was readily available when needed, on time and did a fantastic job! He provided a thorough explanation of the problem and never gave up until a solution was found. We have used this company in the past and will do so again if needed. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
water infiltration issues, air quality improvements due to water damage, concrete slab sealed

Category flooring contractor, mold removal

11/17/2019

Rick A.

It went very well. Dante looked at everything thoroughly and gave an extremely objective and expert assessment. I would highly recommend Dante and EnviroGroup.

Description of Work
Inspection of water damage, evaluation of mold and mold potential.

11/06/2019

Christine B.

I obtained 3 estimates before picking EnviroGroup. Everything was done as discussed. During the work, they identified a serious crack in a joist. They presented the problem and estimate, and they fixed it as well. After a day of rain, they also identified some concerns with my gutters, which actually they discussed with me when they gave me the original estimate. It turned out they could see more issues after seeing the rain. They got me an estimate for the gutters for a great price and were able to get the gutters installed in the same week (a separate company gave the estimate and did the installation). I had one piece I delayed (I was replacing the crawlspace door), so they came back after everything else was done to insulate the door as well as to answer some questions for me. The entire crew was very professional.

Description of Work
Mold was found in home crawlspace, and they encapsulated the whole area and treated the mold

10/25/2019

Susan W.

We live on a downslope from two neighboring properties, and our yard would flood and bring water close to the house (and subsequently the crawlspace). Dante came and assessed the situation and came up with a plant to install an underground drainage system to direct water away from the house. For a very reasonable price, Dante and his two employees installed extensive drainage in our yard in just two days. They even connected our backyard downspouts into the new drainage system to direct water well away from the house. Now that this important first step is done, we will contact Dante again in the Spring to remediate any remaining moisture issues in our crawl space. Dane knows his stuff - don't hesitate to hire him and his team!

Description of Work
New underground drainage system on property

Category drain pipe, mold removal

11/26/2018

Gary B.

Dante correctly diagnosed the problem. He gave me the date he would come to use a specialized cleaner to get rid of the mold and then do the repair work so the mold would not be a problem any longer. He arrived right on time and he and his crew did an excellent job in cleaning both areas to get rid of the mold. He then did the repair work all in the same day. Previously, I had others come to look at the problem and diagnose why the mold was growing and they were obviously guessing. I kept getting different answers. Dante investigated and explained why the mold was there and how to take care of the problem. His experience with this type of problem is invaluable and I am so glad I called him. I am very confident that there will not be a re-occurrence . I would highly recommend Dante and EnviroGroup to take care of any problem like this.

Description of Work
I had mold growing in our bedroom closet and in the knee wall of an upstairs room.

10/14/2018

Kathryn M.

Believe the reviews, Dante and his team are topnotch. The insurance paid for a national service to come in, they were ok, but I hired EnviroGroup because of the confidence he inspired. Dante knows his stuff. Believe him! He gives his considered opinion (take it), does the work carefully and thoroughly, and is no-nonsense. His team, too, is reliable, timely, and serious young men. I enjoyed working with both Tyrell and Patrick. He treats them respectfully and values them, so it shows. So, OK, if you haven't figured it out by this time, hire EnviroGroup if you want your work done well. P.S. I hired him to do additional work beyond the insurance work. He has taken care of the mildew and wetness in my basement area. Finally!!! I will be asking him to come back soon to do more.

Description of Work
After water remediation (insurance), new drywall, mold/mildew remediation

Category drywall, flooring contractor, gutter repair, handyman service, insulation, basement waterproofing, interior painters, mold removal

10/14/2018

Maria D.

I would recommend Envirogroup to anyone looking for prompt, courteous, professional service for any type of renovations or repairs to homes, especially on very old 100+ year old houses. Dante's leadership and guidance to his young workers and recommendations to me, the work ethics shown by the team to get the job done properly and on time, as well as, the added details to ensure durability were beyond my expectations. The team was able to complete the work under difficult conditions; i.e. a rental home where five adults, two children and a dog, more often than not, were in the way. In addition the Group charge for this excellent work was well within my budget with no additional add-ons despite plumbing problems they repaired. I am planning projects at my primary home over the next few months. EnviroGroup will be the contractors I call on to complete those projects. I huge shout out for EnviroGroup. Thank you!

Description of Work
Small full bath renovation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, interior painters

08/17/2018

Tabitha P.

They were really professional, friendly and flexible. The owner even noticed some plumbing and gutter problems and helped direct us to preofessionals that could help us fix those problems too. We are new home owners so we really appreciate the advice and attention to detail. We trusted them and they did great work, we will definitely use them again for any services they provide that we might need in the future. Thank you Dante for making our Laundry room useable again and even better than before!

Description of Work
Mold remediation, stud and drywall repair from moisture/ incorrect installation.

Category drywall, mold removal

08/14/2018

Norma G.

The work was more extensive than anticipated but I was fully informed every step of the way. I am very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
deconstruction, repair, and rebuilding of front porch

Category contractors, remodeling, mold removal

07/31/2018

Gordon B.

Envirogroup did an outstanding job encapsulating my crawlspace. It was a tight and tedious job to get underneath plumbing and supports. They removed old insulation, treated all the wood, installed Lining and new insulation, and sealed vents. As an engineer, I appreciated Dante's explanation around the science of crawlspace encapsulation. It was evident Dante knows his field. Vent or not vent, thickness of lining, condition or no condition, options to address moisture, etc. He even had a calibrated industrial-grade hygrometer! None of the other contractors I talked to had this grasp of what was needed. Many HVAC companies were trying to sell me all sorts of services and products I did not need. His guys were professional and courteous and always left the job-site clean. He kept us informed of the status of the job as well. Fast-forward seven years later. I had a small leak in my crawlspace from a lawn irrigation valve. His team came out and remediated the few areas of slight mold growth free of charge which was not even his fault! I've dealt with many contractors and that sort of customer service is rare! I would highly recommend Envirogroup.

Description of Work
Encapsulated Crawl Space

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

06/28/2018

Gayle W.

His work was very professional, and I have never seen anyone work as efficiently as he did with his crew. I believe it just took a couple days to completely rebuild the space. He even replaced shelving and trim. He was worth every penny, and we feel confident in the thoroughness of his work.

Description of Work
We had a roof leak in a storage closet. Mold had also formed. After we had roof repaired, Dante responded quickly to our call for mold remediation and repair of the space. His work included completing the demolition, removal of materials, and sealing off the closet for several days with a dehumidifier. After testing for moisture for assurance our roof repairs had been successful, he proceeded with treating the space, replacing insulation, drywall, painting, etc.

Category drywall, insulation, mold removal

06/16/2018

Laura L.

Dante and Co. were reliable, punctual and professional and did excellent work. Basement cleaning was followed by one week of industrial-sized fans, humidifier and HEPA filter to dry everything out. Foundation cracks were remediated with hydraulic cement, gravel-filled wells were dug in front of ground-level basement windows and gutters and drainpipes were replaced with greater-capacity models. Water diversion extensions were also connected to drain pipes.

Description of Work
Sewage water backed up into basement, which needed to be cleaned, scrubbed and disinfected. Foundation cracks, leaky basement windows and insufficient drainage system needed attention.

Category gutter repair, basement waterproofing, mold removal

03/08/2018

Josh H.

Very Honest and straight to the point! No sugar coating or just trying to get the job to make the money.....This guy is GREAT! I really feel happy I found him and used Angies List because I am not sure how much money I would have dumped into this house if it wasn't for this guy. Thanks SO much Dante!

Description of Work
full rehab

02/17/2018

William W.

Dante DeCaprio was extremely knowledgeable and inspected my house in a very responsive and professional manner. He thoroughly explained what might be causing my wife's morning headaches and breathing issues as well as why the house had black stuff around the heating vents. He showed me the extent of the mold problem beneath the house and why encapsulation was recommended. We proceeded with the $8645 project and his crew was hear within a few weeks of contract signing - the guys were extremely personable and professional in their work and spent all week in our crawl space. What a great job they all did! Now, I have an option when I need to go to the doghouse - I can spend time in my clean crawl space!

Description of Work
Needed my house tested for Air Quality with possible mold remediation and crawl space encapsulation.

01/08/2018

Jennifer G.

After receiving a scary air test result from a less than trustworthy group, my first call was to EnviroGroup. I consider the owner to be the pinnacle of integrity and knowledge. In a world where there are plenty of companies ready to scare you into spending unnecessary money to protect your home and family from "mold and pathogens," you will get nothing but straight talk and advice you can trust from EnviroGroup. We were assured that our home was nowhere near the risk levels that were being scammed, and were given several easy, inexpensive, and sound solutions to remediate our problem.

Description of Work
Mold Assessment

12/31/2017

Donald M.

I was so impressed with Dante from our first phone call. He answered the call right away himself, answered my questions, and set up a time to come out and access the situation. He was completely accommodating of my schedule. The very first thing he did was provide me with his license and insurance information, before I even asked him to. Upon his very thorough inspection it was determined my mother-in-law's house needed Mold Remediation and Installation of a Vapor Barrier System (Encapsulation) in the Crawl Space. We decided to go with Dante because of his extensive knowledge and experience in the area of finding and resolving moisture and mold issues. Dante answered every question we had as well as explained every answer in great detail. He made sure we understood each and every step in the process. He gave us an enormous wealth of information and peace of mind, that my mother-in-law's house would be a safe living environment for her. Dante had genuine concern for her well-being and was genuinely interested in helping us. We really appreciated this. Dante and his team showed up right on time and ready to begin. We were unaware of all the debris and trash that had been left underneath the house that other contractors and repair people had just left behind over the years. Dante and his crew removed and cleaned all that up before they began. Dante and his team removed all the old insulation, sealed all accessible penetrations (electrical, plumbing,HVAC,etc.), temporarily installed air moving devices at the crawl space door to greatly reduce dust, odors and pollutants and to suck air out of the crawl space only during mold remediation procedures and upon vapor barrier installation, hand scrubbed affected areas of the crawl space, install new insulation, and install the vapor barrier. He even found a leak in the foundation wall and repaired this at no extra charge. We were so impressed with Dante, his work and his team that we had him renovate my mother-in-law's bathroom. He is so knowledgeable about construction and has an eye for detail and design, he was instrumental in helping design the bathroom. He had to gut the entire bathroom and I mean from ceiling to floor and everything inbetween. The before and after is nothing short of amazing. It is absolutely gorgeous. I told Dante he needed his own home improvement show. The ceramic tile design and work alone is absolutely beautiful. He did bring some things to our attention that we had not thought about. He widened the entry door to make it wheelchair accessible if ever it was needed in the future, the new commode is taller, the light switches are not flipped up and down, instead you just touch the switch and it comes on and goes off. The fold down teak wood shower chair looks great. The bathroom turned out so well my mother-in-law decided to renovate the entire rest of the house. Dante began with the bedrooms and living room. He had to tear down panelling and layers of wallpaper behind the panelling in each room. We even discovered wallpaper had been at some point placed onto some of the ceilings. After removing all the panelling, wallpaper and repairing or replacing drywall, everything was painted. He also had to replace a lot of trim work and interior doors as well as updating the electrical and electrical fixtures. He found additional unused space in the hall and built a linen closet. He also built and installed additional closet space in the third bedroom tripling the closet space for that room. Dante is a genius with designing extra space that you didn't know you could have. We decided to not replace the carpet in the house, but instead Dante had the original hardwood floors refinished. They look stunning! The kitchen and utility rooms were also completely remodeled. The kitchen has all new cabinets and quartz counter tops. The quartz Dante found is gorgeous. The kitchen floor and all the appliances have been replaced and the electrical and electrical fixtures have been updated. The trim work has been replaced and the walls repaired and painted. The kitchen not only has more space but looks amazing! The utility room had to be gutted from ceiling to floor, but oh is it fabulous now! Dante moved the washer onto the same wall as the dryer and built and installed a double pantry from ceiling to floor where the washer was. He installed the same cabinets and quartz counter top to match the kitchen. He has tripled the storage space in this utility room. He also replaced the old wooden entry door into the utility room with a new steel door. We did this whole house renovation in stages and it took about six months to complete, which is exactly what Dante had told us. Dante kept us informed the entire time and was in constant communication with us through the entire process. I would recommend Dante to any of my family or friends. He and his team are honest, extremely knowledgeable, punctual, hard working, courteous, respectful, straight forward, reliable and reasonable. He and his team take great pride in their work. They are also very respectful of the living space and the work areas were cleaned thoroughly at the end of each work day. I can't thank Dante and his team enough for what they did for my mother-in-law! We have some projects around our house that need to be addressed and he is the only contractor I will be calling. He has our complete trust and respect.

Description of Work
I found Dante DeCapri of EnviroGroup on Angies List and decided to contact him based upon his reviews. It was one of the BEST decisions I have ever made! I needed mold testing and remediation done at my mother-in-law's house. The house was built in the 1950's and we were experiencing musty, moldy smells and needed a professional to come out and access the problem.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, mold removal

12/12/2017

Michelle M.

Was very efficient, speedy and done with complete professionalism. Obviously knowledgeable and was able to fix the problem!

Description of Work
Had a complete mold remediation.

10/29/2017

Paula M.

Dante was very responsive. Have never worked with someone who is so honest and would get right back to you with any and all of your questions. He took a look at my son's crawl space and said in his estimation nothing was needed. They had to undo some work done by another contractor at my house which was substandard. Work done was very professional and crawl space now looks great!

Description of Work
Encapsulated crawl space. Replaced insulation under house. Repaired gutters

Category gutter repair, insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

10/02/2017

Gretchen A.

It went very well. I would call them again.

Description of Work
New bathroom installation

Category ceramic tile, drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

Counter-Vation, Inc.

Bringing the top quartz brands and natural stone products in the market to homeowners, builders, contractors, designers, and architects.

Offers by Counter-Vation, Inc. on Angi
    JES Foundation Repair

JES Foundation Repair, founded in 1993, is a subsidiary of Groundworks: a family of companies that provides engineered solutions for foundation repair, underpinning, crawl space encapsulation and moisture management, concrete lifting and leveling services, and basement waterproofing. The JES brand has grown to become a professional team of over 450 repair experts providing over 70,000 engineered solutions for residential and commercial properties across Virginia, Maryland and beyond. They currently maintain offices in Appomattox, Baltimore, Chester, Manassas, Roanoke, and Virginia Beach. JES is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes and commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by JES Foundation Repair on Angi
    Aztec Stone Works

Stone works offers you granite countertops and any stone repairs, stone repairs including: stain removal, seams, hanging sinks, reseal surfaces, scratches, cracks, chips, etc,. We will be happy to help you with your project. We have very good prices, free estimate.

2705120324
    Virginia
    Virginia: Contractors
    01/31/2024
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express
    Satisfaction

Pre-purchase inspections/consultations, assessments of microbiological contamination- mold, bacteria, allergens, dust mites, etc., asthma trigger investigations, , recommendations for corrective actions, air and surface sampling for biological and gaseous contaminants, infrared thermographic survey, building envelope evaluations, water/vapor intrusion and loss and on-site environmental monitoring. See web site for additional services offered.

Anything that does NOT satisfy my clients.