Discount Appliances Repair HVAC

Founded 1995 • With Angi since October 2008

Winner of Super Service Award in 2021, 2020, 2017, 2016, 2014-2009. Free Service Call with any Complete Appliance Repair, excluding HVAC. We offer same day service, for appliance repairs. We do not provide appliance installation, with the exception of disposals and HVAC. We do not install or service microwaves. Discount Appliances Repair has been in business since 1995, specializing in residential appliances and HVAC repairs. We provide competitive rates on all our repair work and our diagnostic fees. We repair all makes and models of major appliance brands, excluding Samsung, and LG. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality repair work at fair prices. We hire and train the best appliance, heating, and air conditioning technicians in the industry and train them to our high standards. Our professionally trained repair technicians will be on time to your door and ready to perform the required work. **We do not service Samsung, LG, or Microwaves. We do not do appliance installations, with the exception of garbage disposals, water heaters, and HVAC. ...

Black Owned & OperatedBlack Owned & Operated
Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

appliance repair (1214)small appliance repair (45)HVAC Companies (43)dryer vent cleaning (9)fireplace services (1)jewelry appraising (1)

08/10/2022

Justin D.

The dryer was repaired but the company is not honoring their Angi coupon.

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

Work Completed On 08/10/2022

06/27/2022

Sean M.

This repair could not have gone better. The technician determined the cause of the issue in less than 10 minutes, gave me a price immediately, repaired the refrigerator promptly and explained everything as he completed the work. He was very nice and very professional and took a lot of care with making sure things were in better condition than when he arrived. I would hire again in a heartbeat!

Description of Work
Leaky refrigerator

Work Completed On 06/27/2022

05/27/2021

Hayden K.

Got an appointment quickly to assess my washing machine. Technician was on-time and very professional. They were able to get the replacement parts in a day and made the repair the next. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Washing machine repair

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

Thank you for rating us. we appreciate your feedback.

09/13/2020

Mystelle R.

Technician was on time, communicated well, and was thorough in repairs, including removing ice buildup. Price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Repair to a leaky freezer on a GE refrigerator/freezer.

Work Completed On 09/13/2020

09/08/2020

Steve S.

Very well. The were able repair the ice-maker without new parts or a second visit

Description of Work
ice maker repair

Category appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 09/08/2020

07/02/2020

David M.

The repair went superbly. At the initial service call, technician Adam determined my 10-year-old Frigidaire dryer didn't work because it needed a new main control board. However, he had difficulty locating the part. The manufacturer apparently doesn't make them any longer, so DAR searched until it finally succeeded in finding one at another repair company. Three weeks passed between Adam's initial and second visits, but it was worth the wait because I don't have to buy a new dryer, as I feared I might. Kudos to Adam and the company for hanging in there!

Description of Work
Replace main control board on dryer.

Cost $348.95

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

06/09/2020

Cynthia H.

The service visit went excellent. I called DAR Saturday afternoon after getting their contact info through a service provider search on Angie's List. Fortunately, they were able to come to my home next day, Sunday, at 8am. The technician, Adam, was on time, very professional, and fully equipped with gloves, mask, and shoe booties. Adam determined the problem, and fortunately, had the replacement part on his truck. He made the repair and my refrigerator is now working great. Thank you, DAR.

Description of Work
The food in my refrigerator freezer was thawing & temperature in my refrigerator section wasn't as cold either. I needed to have this checked and repaired.

Category appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 06/24/2020

06/09/2020

Sue C.

Like a breeze! On time, on price, professional and quick. We couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/03/2020

vinod B.

Excellent, estimation took about an hour. Repairs took about an hour and half. No breakdown was given between parts and labor

Description of Work
Replace parts in an electric stove

Category small appliance repair, appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 06/03/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. We hope we continue to serve you in the future.

06/02/2020

MARK S.

They showed up right on time, knew exactly how to get the job done, had it repaired and up in running in less than an hour. Very reasonable price. Would definitely hire them again. Saved a lot of money over the next estimate.

Description of Work
Clothes Dryer Repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. We hope to serve you in the future.

04/21/2020

Alec Z.

Discounts Appliances scheduled a call to evaluate and assess problem. Came on time! Technician Yousef acted professionally. He is scheduled to install needed broken parts And complete the job! The second day John called to give me cost estimates and schedule time the next day. Job was done on time by Yousef! Very well coordinated and professionally completed work!

Description of Work
Refrigerator water filter head, water reservoir replacement parts

Work Completed On 04/22/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your feedback and hope to serve you in the future.

04/20/2020

Keith M.

Wonderful service. Technician Adam did a great job.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate your feedback.

04/01/2020

Frederick C.

iced the problem and explained how to do it myself next time it happens. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher. It was not emptying properly.

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We hope to serve you in the future.

03/25/2020

Marta B.

I think the work went very well. Within 24 hours after the repair, I had a full bucket of ice in my refrigerator.

Description of Work
Installed a new ice maker in my LG Refrigerator.

Work Completed On 03/23/2020

11/20/2019

Vincent H.

Got a message from the company that there’s no availability in my area. Really???!!! Im not that dumb to ask for your service if my area is not covered by your business. It is very clearly stated that you do, DC MD VA area. And im from DC MD area. Smh!

Description of Work
Appliance/ gas stove repair

Category appliance repair

We apologize that we were unable to this customer's area. The information on Angie's messenger showed the customers location in PG County MD. Our Profile does state that we service DC MD VA. Though we service all of DC, it is not possible for us to service all of MD and all of VA, we can only service parts of these areas. It is not possible to list all specific locations we do and do not cover in the small profile space. The service area that we cover is recorded by Angie's list specific to our company. Occasionally we get a call that is out side our service area.

09/19/2019

Kenneth L.

He checked everything and explained the potential cause of the problem.

Description of Work
Investigated water leaking from washer.

Cost $69.95

Work Completed On 09/11/2019

07/20/2019

Seye I.

It went well but after they fixed my refrigerator my ice maker in my freezer stopped working so they had to come back and replace the ice maker. Not sure if it was a coincidence or not

Description of Work
Repaired refrigerator/frezer

Work Completed On 07/09/2019

04/16/2019

George S.

It went fine. The Discount Appliance technician was prompt and professional. He fixed my oven door quickly and the cost was reasonable.

Description of Work
fixed oven door.

Work Completed On 04/06/2019

Thank you for rating us. .

02/28/2019

Vicky S.

Mr.Adam is very professional I liked the quality and clean job his team does .

Description of Work
Heating furnace

Category appliance repair, heating & air conditioning/hvac, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/28/2019

Thank you for rating us. we appreciate you taking time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

10/11/2018

Anita G.

Very well, aside from the fridge having died. ;)

Description of Work
None, 15 year old refrigerator has to be replaced.

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

08/22/2018

Robert E.

Perfect. Fast and efficient service. I would recommend.

Description of Work
Replaced defective oven cooking element in wall double oven.

Work Completed On 08/16/2018

08/18/2018

Barb P.

I called DAR at 10:00 on a Friday. The technician arrived at 11:00! Amazing! He was polite and professional and easily diagnosed the problem. He had to get a part and would come back the following day. My appt. was scheduled between 2:00-5:00 and he arrived at 1:58. I wish other companies would be so prompt! He quickly repaired the problem and was finished in 20 minutes. I was even able to use an Angie’s List coupon for $50 off. I definitely recommend this company, especially for things that need immediate attention. They worked great for me!

Description of Work
Repair refrigerator

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

08/11/2018

Bryan M.

Speculated as to problem, claimed he believed it was fixed, tried to charge me for repair. I said he needed to let it run for a bit so I could be sure it was fixed. And then of course the noise resumed and it wasn’t. He said he had no idea what the problem was then. And then he reduced the money charged to just a dispatch fee - less than 1/2 of what he tried to originally charge.

Description of Work
Dryer diagnosis and repair