Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since August 2005

3.9

10404 Morias Ct

Manassas, VA 20110

No Extra Charge for Nights, Weekends and Holidays. Additional phone - (800) 768-6911, (954) 435-5853. Additional DBAs - Roto-Rooter Group Inc, Roto-Rooter. Additional email - rotorooter.callcenters@rrsc.com.

04/20/2017

Christina B.

The price of services with Roto Rooter is appalling. While plumbers typically charge $150/hr. for the first hour or portion thereof, I was quoted $485 to snake a tub drain, which took about 40 minutes from start to finish. Had I elected to have my clogged sink snaked too, the quoted rate was $700. I, therefore, declined to complete the job. Adding insult to injury, I was charged $27.89 in sales tax. Plumbing services aren't taxable in DC. Potential customers should also know that Roto Rooter gives four-hour service windows. I was told that my plumber would arrive between 8 and noon. Though mine was the first job of the day, the plumber arrived at 9:20. The six-month guarantee on the job is nice, but I could use another plumber three times in six months and still save money.

Description of Work
I had a slow-draining tub and sink in the same bathroom.

Category drain cleaning

02/28/2017

Marion C.

All in all it went well, the drain was unclogged, and the whole process took less than half an hour.

Description of Work
The drain in the basement backed up, I called Roto-Rooter and the plumber was at the house by that afternoon,

11/23/2015

Todd S.

Both jobs were completed successfully in about 90 minutes. Job estimates were little expensive but we did get a discount for my wife at home on permanent disability. Basement shower drain was handled first and as was unclogged. It had sediment and unexpected food. Next, he unclogged the kitchen drain in basement trap. Plumber pointed out how the long kitchen drain must be connected to same line behind bath wall. He pointed out how the kitchen line could be changed in the future to bypass the shower line and feed directly to larger sewer line in next room to eliminate the potential clogs. We also purchased a gallon of Pipe Shield for $56 to do monthly maintenance to keep lines clog free. Plumber cleaned up both areas nicely and was very professial. Nice job!

Description of Work
Unclog 2 drains: Basement shower drain and separate long kitchen drain in basement.

11/16/2015

Brian L.

All went very well. The kitchen sink was not draining. I took apart the drain lines and P-Trap and there was no clog in that part of the line. I could not do any further work on my own. The drain line was clogged about 20 feet from the sink. The technician expertly unclogged the line using his power-snake. He cleaned up all minor trash and left the kitchen looking great. The technician showed me how all the drain lines are connected and where he inserted the snake would certainly clear the line. It worked. The technician spent about one hour from start and to the finish the job. We are happy.

Description of Work
He snaked a drain line from the kitchen sink on the second floor to the main drain in the basement at street level and unclogged a 2-inch PVC drain.

09/30/2015

Greg M.

Initially, the service started out extremely unsatisfactory because I was told I needed a $4,000 excavation which turned out to be false after it was done. It was determined that the excavation was actually not needed after digging up my pipes and finding the true cause of the problem. The only reason I am happy with the result is because of Ray. His professional attitude and true concern for our happiness made sure that we received the best of a bad situation and we were ultimately not charged for the unnecessary work. Normally, in a situation like this, I would not be a repeat customer but Ray is the only reason I am willing to be a repeat customer.

Description of Work
Inspected a clogged storm drain and replaced a pipe.

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

09/01/2015

William S.

Johnie and his partner arrived in short order, diagnosed the problem, and replaced the section of pipe (which was in the wall/floor between the utility room, garage and basement.

Description of Work
Repair pin hole leak in hot water pipe.

07/18/2015

Tom S.

I called for my daughter who we live with on Saturday 7/12/15 late afternoon... They were very professional & knowledgeable. The serviceman arrived before noon the next am...A little late but acceptable...He was very polite & professional..He had the right pump with him & had it replaced within a few hours..He didn't make a mess & cleaned up after he was done...They don't charge any extra for emergency or weekend service...I was very satisfied with their service & I would use them again..Tom S for.Chelsea C. Stafford Va.

Description of Work
Replaced lift pump for septic system..Downstairs bathroom was rendered useless..

Category plumbing, septic tank, wells

05/27/2015

Theron J.

James was gracious and friendly and professional. He worked efficiently, and cleaned the area well after the work was done.

Description of Work
Snaked basement floor drain the main drain & floor drain vent .

05/12/2015

Diana or Bill J.

Naum arrived and assessed the problem. He fix the stopped drain and made sure our drains were working properly. He was very professional and pleasant. I would call roto-rooter again if I had a problem. I would also ask for Naum. There is one price no matter what time of the day or weekends. That is a big plus. I called another company and they would not come out until the next day, not a help. Roto-rooter keeps track of their staff and sends the next available person out, which is really good for their client. Roto-rooter is the one to call always.

Description of Work
Unclogged my kitchen drain

05/07/2015

Stuart E.

We were extremely pleased with the service. The prices were entirely reasonable and less than we expected for emergency service very late at night on the weekend. The technician was polite and efficient and the work looks professionally done. He explained everything that he needed to do before starting the work and there were no surprises. The emails and phone calls from Roto-Rooter keeping us apprised of the technician's arrival time were also reassuring and made the emergency situation less stressful. We had never used Roto-Rooter before, but would certainly use them again and recommend them to our friends and family.

Description of Work
We called Roto-Rooter late at night to fix multiple leaks under a new bathroom vanity cabinet and sink that had been installed in our house. This was a real emergency! The Roto-Rooter technician was able to immediately diagnose and correct all the problems (two leaky valves, an incorrect hookup of a pipe, and a damaged sink plunger mechanism). After working from 1:30 to 3:30 a.m. the gentleman returned promptly the next morning with a replacement for a part that had been damaged when the sink was installed. He made sure the bathroom was fully cleaned up before he left. In fact it was cleaner than before he arrived.

05/01/2015

Margaret G.

The provider was punctual, courteous, quick, and effective. He explained exactly what was going on with the pipes, snaked it out, and prepared an estimate for ultimately replacing the faulty pipe where the roots are coming in. Great service, very personable.

Description of Work
They snaked out our sewer line, clearing it of roots.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

04/30/2015

Marion C.

Roto-Rooter plumber came out on March 23 to snake out the drain in the basement because it was backing up every time the washer would drain. He did an excellent job, but told us there was a clog in the mainline, which needed to be flushed to the main sewer pipe in the street. I called him yesterday, April 29, and he told me he could be here today between 8 and 9 in the morning. He arrived on time, and went right to work. The mainline had never been opened before (the house was built 50-years ago and the mainline had never been flushed). It took about fifteen minutes to get the main line open, but after that everything went like a breeze, only took him about an hour and one half. He left everything neat and tidy. I will call Roto-Rooter again when we need any plumbing work done.

Description of Work
Pressure jet the main line to the street

04/25/2015

Karen J.

We had had a problem with the sewer line backing up and had called another plumber who had good reviews on this list. The plumber came and snaked the line (for $675) and said that there were roots in the line and showed me the roots caught in his snake. We thought that he had cleared out the line, but three days later the line was backed up again. We called him back and told him we really wanted this fixed and thought that we would need to dig up the pipe to fix the problem. The plumber said that he would have to snake the line again, then put a camera down it to find the location of the problem. This cost was $554 for the snaking, $527 for the camera, and$ 248 to mark the location of the roots, in addition to the $59 charge for showing up. The company sent a different plumber who snaked the line, put a camera down it and found the place where the roots were coming in and marked the spot in our yard where the problem was. The plumber once again did not clear out the line, merely punching a small hole the size of the snake through the tangle of roots. The roots were near where the house line intersected with the main line so that to repair the pipe they would have to dig up the street and the sidewalk at a cost of $3700. We did not want to do that kind of massive destruction to repair the sewer line. I remembered the roto-rooter television commercials from my childhood in which Roto-Rooter sliced and diced the roots and cleared the line completely. So we contacted Roto Rooter and James Slowikowski came out first thing the next morning. James was very polite and professional. He told me upfront that he would clear the line for a price of $674. I told him I had a coupon for $40 off and he said I could either use the coupon or get a free camera view of the line. I chose the camera view. After clearing out the sewer line, James ran the camera down and showed me the entire length of the sewer line from the main line to the house. It was all clear. It was so clean you could not tell where the roots had been. I cannot tell you how pleased I was with James' work! He had to take apart his machines to get them down our narrow stairwell and then reassemble them in the basement. He did it all cheerfully and answered all my questions. When he finished he said that the roots should not cause another blockage for 5-7 years or so. I wish that we had thought to call Roto-Rooter from the beginning. It would have saved us over $2000 that we paid the other plumber who did not remove the clog.

Description of Work
He cleaned out the roots that were blocking the sewer line between the house and the street.

04/21/2015

ian G.

We had a leaky faucet in our bathroom, which I (like a good husband) dutifully fixed. Which fixed the leak, but somehow killed all of the cold water. I ordered a new faucet from Amazon, and after installing it I had no cold water and leaks. Clearly, I needed assistance. Roto Rooter came out in two hours - Frezer was the name of our technician. He found that the water inlet from the wall was screwed up (something which matched what I saw) and that I had screwed up the installation of the new faucet (which matched what I had expected). He was able to fix both, and all was well. His parting words to me were the good advice that I should caulk the faucet sometime soon. The next morning, however, there was low water pressure. I opened up the aerator (like a good husband) and cleaned it out. And then I couldn't get it back on. And then I noticed a leak down below. I saw that there was a warranty, and I had Frezer come out to have another look. The leak turned out to be my lack of caulking, and the aerator was pretty easily screwed back on. He also caulked the faucet for me and tightened everything up one last time. The unnecessary follow-up visit was free. And Frezer had come in on his day off to do all of this. I tried to throw some cash his way for the second visit, and he repeatedly refused to take any. If you live in Northern Virginia and you need quick help, call Roto-Rooter - if you get Frezer, you'll get the best.

Description of Work
Fixed a wide variety of home-improvement related screwups that I'd managed to make - chiefly, the bathroom faucet.

03/11/2015

Walter P.

We had a blocked sewer drain somewhere between the house and the street. After making my first call to a local plumbmer in Falls Church for comparison purposes, I called Roto Rooter of Manassas. It was 5 pm, 36-hours before we were scheduled to fly out of town. Roto Rooter was at the house an hour and a half later. The technician assessed the situation and stated the cost up front. There was no premium added for the late hour. Care was taken when bringing in the equipment not to track dirt inte the house. The technician explained the process and politely answered all my questions. An hour later the drain line was fully open. And, the cost was 23% less than the plumber.

Description of Work
Snaked out the main sanitary drain from the house to the street.

02/21/2015

Michael L.

This was the second time in 9 days that we have had this problem (a different plumber with a smaller snake came first and found "flush-able wipes" blocking the pipe so we felt that was the main issue). The same plumber came back but did not have the larger snake and due to our severe winter weather at the moment could not guarantee when he could return with it so he recommended Roto Rooter. When Diego Diaz arrived he was prompt and courteous. He educated me at each step and explained what he was doing. He knows all sides of plumbing as he has worked in all different aspects of it and getting the big picture. I felt he was trustworthy in what he was saying. He explained that if he put the snake down the hole and felt tension in certain areas it may need to have a scope. When he shared with me that there were 3 areas that were suspect I agreed to the scope. We live in a 1950's home and have greenburg (wood pulp) pipes. They are disintegrating and I was so thankful he recommended it. He was professional and fully explained the process that we will need to go through. Thank you Diego!!

Description of Work
We had sewage backing up into our rear stair well, outdoors and he snaked it for us. Our house is in Arlington, VA.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

02/20/2015

Sarah C.

I had a pipe burst in the ceiling of my basement so I was in a hurry to have the pipe fixed to be able to turn back on the water in my house. Roto Rooter came out the next day within an hour of their estimated arrival time. They inspected the piping, removed the split copper pipe and replaced with new copper piping. There are no further leaks to be found and the water was successfully restored in my home. The plumber was very professional and polite during his visit. He answered all of my questions and explained his procedures along the way. After the repair was complete I had to buy new insulation and replace what was removed from my ceiling. Clean up was so-so, but the area was already being torn up from the water damage so it did not bother me. Total time from start to finish was approximately 3 hours.

Description of Work
They removed sections of drywall to inspect the piping in the leak area. They located the section of burst pipe, removed, and replaced with new copper piping.

Category plumbing, water damage restoration

02/16/2015

James N.

I called Roto Rooter on a Sunday morning and they were at my home the same day before Noon. The plumber was very knowledgeable, respectful, and understanding. I was very comfortable having him work in my home. He listened to my explanation carefully and answered all of my questions. He was able to identify the source of the blockage in the drain and clear it quickly and effectively. The installation of the garbage disposal was done very well and professionally. Roto rooter will continue to be our go to for emergency and routine plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Roto Rooter cleared a drain blockage and replaced a garbage disposal.

01/28/2015

Frank V.

My main sewer line was blocked, which required the service provider to remove the toilet on the first floor and run a snake through the sewer line. Cost was $674 + parts. Then, when reinstalling the toilet, the provider noticed the toilet flange (small metal piece) was cracked and needed to be replaced. Cost was $125 + parts. Switching out the flange took the provider about 15 minutes, MAX. So, why the failing grade? Price! After speaking to other plumbers, it is clear to me that I was overcharged...can you believe I paid $832 for this services?!?!?! Yes, I agreed to the charges, so shame on me -- caveat emptor!!!! Although the repair to the flange ($125 for about 15 mins of labor...yes, that's it) was something I felt I couldn't say "no" b/c the provider claimed the toilet wouldn't seal well (so he said). B/c I am now armed w/ better info, I just want people to know that if you hire this company, be prepared to pay a lot more than the true market rate. In other words, if I knew then what I know now, I would NEVER have agreed to pay these astronomical prices. Please don't make the same mistake I did. You will pay for it, literally and figuratively.

Description of Work
Unclog main sewer line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are currently looking into your concerns so that we can reach an appropriate resolution with you and prevent future issues. Again, thank you for providing feedback that will help us continually improve our customer service process and ensure that your next experience is an excellent one. Pat Swanson Customer Satisfaction Manager

12/29/2014

Allen W.

On Sunday night following Christmas sewage began flooding from a toilet into our basement. Calls to several plumbers were futile as no one was doing emergency calls on a holiday night. Roto-Rooter responded. They were at our house within an hour. They quickly stopped the back flow of sewage into the house and snaked the line to take care of the problem. We still have a huge mess to clean up, but these guys, Sebastian and Nick, saved us thousands of dollars in additional damage. Thanks, Roto-Rooter!

Description of Work
Stooped sewer line backup and snaked the line.

10/31/2014

Sarah C.

There was a little confusion about the time. The plumber was supposed to come between 9 and 11. I checked my cell phone about 10 and there was a message (left about 8:30). I called back and they said they had been calling to schedule (hey want to talk to you first before sending someone -- so now I know). So, when I talked to them about 10, they sent someone, who arrived at 11:30. At that point, the plumber was very efficient and finished the job in about 45 minutes. The drain is working fine now. My only other issue is the cost -- I had a $79 voucher from Angie's list for $250 worth of work. There was an extra charge of $140; so I paid $219. Without the Angie's list voucher, it would have cost $390. That seems high -- for 45 minutes worth of work.

Description of Work
I had an outside drain (by the basement door) and that blocked up. Roto-Rooter unplugged it.

10/20/2014

Eric J.

Completely awful experience. Rental property. Dispatch refused to give me a price. Very clearly stated no work would be done before I was called with a price. Drove over to meet tech and was handed a bill for 250 for ten minutes of work. I was then given huge run around about I needed to find an Angies coupon which no one could figure out how to actually find to even get the 250 price as regular price is 399. Whatever you do be very careful and get everything in writing. Tech did say line looked good and gave a 6 month guarantee which is nice. Hope getting the guarantee honored is easier than getting bill worked out. If you have a couple of hours to get transferred around between different phone operators this is the company for you. I think it is easier to call Cox Communications and get my constantly screwed up phone/internet working. I would rate this about on par with dealing with the IRS.

Description of Work
snaked a clogged line

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for sharing your experience. We would like to look into this further, however we have been unable to match the address you provide here with any recent work on file. If you could please email me that information to pat.swanson@rrsc.com , I will be able to assist you and address your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

10/18/2014

Jeffrey D.

The service itself could not have been better, and they left us a gallon of their famed Pipe Shield. I'm just a little bit disconcerted by their bill (which, by the way, is after deducting the standard $40 coupon). They charged me more than I paid a few months ago for my new washing machine itself -- including tax, delivery, disconnection of my old washer, connection of this new washer, showing me how to use it and carting away the old washer. Next time a non-emergency plumbing issue comes up, Roto-Rooter is certainly on my list -- but I may also first contact a local plumber or two (through Angie's List of course!) who is willing to give a free estimate and see what he, she or they would charge. Then I may contact Roto-Rooter (since they give free estimates too) and compare the estimates (not to mention service experiences).

Description of Work
Came to our house to address a stopped-up laundry room sink, investigated the pipe to our laundry room sink and found it was linked to our kitchen sink. They used some kind of a snake to unclog the pipe, which apparently had both washer lint and kitchen sink grease in it. Last but not least, they tested the laundry room sink and found it now drains correctly.

09/28/2014

Georgene C. T.

Responded approximately three hours after initial call. Attempted to clear drain which would have cost approx $399.00 but did not find cause of backup. Informed me that for an additional$180.00, he could run thesnake and a camera for more footage. He did so after I agreed to extra work and told me he found two breaks in the main sewer line. He marked them in my front yard and offered a proposal for the repair in the amount of $6750.00. After seeking a second opinion and inspection of work to be done, I was told and had proven to me that there were no breaks visible in competitor's camera inspection. Consequently I do not choose to use this provider in the future. I must also say I am terribly disappointed that a franchise with a National reputation such as Roto-Rooter Services does not provide first class work ethics and integrity.

Description of Work
Cleared clogged drain

09/26/2014

Deborah J.

It was very good. I really liked the gentleman that fixed it.

Description of Work
I was having problems with a leak where the heat pump and water heater were. It was some kind of condensation so they cleaned it out for me.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

Premium Drainage & Erosion Solutions

If you're looking for honesty and quality workmanship, you've come to the right place. Our specialty is drainage and landscaping, but whether a property needs storm drains, french drains, sump pumps, grading, leveling, excavation, patios, creative guttering for water removal or landscaping, we do all of the above with guaranteed results! Get in touch today for a consultation, and help us help you come up with the perfect drainage solution for your home or business!

2022 Super Service Award

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Residential and commercial plumbing & drain cleaning including sewers and drains, faucets, sinks, toilets, showers & tubs, waterlines, pipe work, water heaters, septic tanks & video camera line inspection.