BioMechanic Physical Therapy

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2009

19441 Golf Vista Plz Ste 340

Lansdowne, VA 20176

The idea behind the name BioMechanic Physical Therapy has to do with the mechanics of how the body works. We believe that in order to solve a physical ailment, you must analyze why it happened, and correct the mechanical problem that created it. We have 6 manual therapists on staff. In addition to a Foot & Ankle specialist and a Spine Specialist we also treat the entire body. Please look through our therapists bio's to see our highly experienced staff. We have therapists who treat hands, shoulders, scoliosis, migraines, pre & post surgery and even pediatrics! We also have a hard-to-find method for treating back and neck pain (muscle energy technique) that is jaw-droppingly successful. ...

08/05/2021

Cynthia M.

Everyone there is professional and nice know what they are doing. I would recommend Pradnya Sawant, PT, CMP. She is extremely experienced explain what she is doing too you and she definitely knows her Anatomy. Thanks Pradnya! 😃

Description of Work
Physical Therapy

09/21/2020

Jake S.

The physical therapist, Aditi, was very professional in all aspects treating me for 6 weeks. I highly recommend her and BioMechanic. The treatment was successful.

Description of Work
Strengthening muscles around knee

Category physical medicine

01/18/2015

Gerriann L.

Therapy for my Husband is ongoing and Biomecahnical is the BEST

11/08/2014

Eric W.

I've been going there for about four months. I'd go right back to them.

Description of Work
I went for my foot and it was all healed. Now, it's the shoulder.

06/10/2014

Abhijit A.

The staff is very knowledgeable and courteous. The environment is happy and the treatment is very effective.

Description of Work
Discovered Biomechanics through Angies list and found them very courteous and professional. They treated my son for pronated foot and provided a foot insert which works very well.

Category physical therapist

Thank you for your review! We are glad we were able to help.

04/25/2014

Thomas W.

I have had the same therapist throughout, and she has been terrific. She is sensitive to nuances from week to week and adjusts what we do during the appointment as well as my exercise assignments so that I not only feel better in the short term, but continue improving over all week to week. The environment is relaxed, comfortable, and friendly; the staff is attentive and professional; and the appointments start and end on time. Just as important, the objective clearly is to and quot;graduateand quot; people---to identify and work on (and, if possible, fix) the core issue while providing the patient with the tools to keep things in place and continue improving via home exercises. Additional comment: In 2012, once the therapist had identified my gait as a large part of my other leg problems, Ms Allen, the owner, performed an additional evaluation and fitted me for orthotics--and the orthotics were exactly right and have worked wonders. I am really glad my physician recommended Biomechanic to me.

Description of Work
I had been previously (2012) to Biomechanic for a leg issue that, during treatment, was identified as the result of a foot/gait issue. Very satisfied. In early 2014 went back for work on several unrelated, newer issues, and have been going at least weekly since.

Category physical therapist

Thank you so much [Member Name Removed] for your thorough review. We live to help!

11/19/2013

Abhijit A.

I would recommend BioMechanic PT anytime. My son found a friendly staff and exercises that really work for him. Give them a visit and you may not need to go anywhere else.

Description of Work
Physical therapy with a smart touch!

Category physical therapist

Thank you for your review! It is always a pleasure to work with your family.

09/21/2013

Michael W.

Fantastic service! I've had two appointments to date ---- one with Gary and the other with Lisa (owner). Typically, you stick with one therapist but my own restrictive personal schedule necessitated a switch. Both therapists are fantastic and provided a lot of hands-on care to assess and begin fixing my lower back issues. Both therapists leave no doubt in my mind that I'm going to the right place to fix my lower back issues. They are highly educated with a ton of practical experience. Additionally, they employ a wide variety of approaches to help their patients. In my first two visits, I received electric stimulation, ultrasound, manipulation, electronic acupuncture, and deep tissue massage. The treatment area runs well. PT assistants are in lock-step with the therapists and patients are constantly receiving some kind of treatment. There is minimal patient waiting or downtime. Finally, the office staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. They were clear about insurance coverage and payments, etc. I have found everyone in the practice to be highly personable and caring. This is a first-class practice and I recommend to anyone who is serious about receiving the best possible care tailored for your specific body needs.

Description of Work
Lower back pain (sacroiliac) causing chronic deep dull pain in both legs.

07/19/2013

Diane S.

I am still going to them, but they are doing wonders and I am seeing improvement. So far everybody that I have worked with has been very professional and very friendly.

Description of Work
I went to BioMechanic Physical Therapy for physical therapy services.

01/07/2013

mary C.

Excellent... I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
I have been treating there for several months. The staff and environment there is excellent. You are treated with highly qualified, personalized care and respect.

Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy