Gilliland & Associates PC

Founded 1987 • With Angi since June 2010

7700 Leesburg Pike Ste 402B

Falls Church, VA 22043

We believe that a good CPA firm helps preserve your wealth and protect your assets. Gilliland & Associates, PC is a full service CPA firm dedicated to your financial success. We are known for our superior knowledge and aggressive interpretation and application of tax laws, which helps us help you keep more of your earnings. We will find you the lowest possible tax on your business or personal tax return. We believe in providing personal and professional service. We do this by guiding you toward financial growth, and we are responsive to your inquires. Whether you need annual tax preparation, tax planning, financial planning, or auditing and accounting services, you can count on Gilliland & Associates to provide you with professional, profitable services. Additional services: Mergers and acquisitions consulting, Lease versus buy consulting. Cash flow analysis and management, Real -world budgeting and forecasting....

12/14/2019

Robin and Patrick E.

Was not happy to find I was charged almost twice what previous accountants charged. Furthermore when I tried to reach Mr. Gilliland to discuss that I was steered back to the person who did my taxes, so I was never able to discuss it with Mr. Gilliland directly. Worse, when I talked to the person who did my taxes, he provided an explanation that I did not entirely believe but he offered to review my previous two years taxes, as he had stated that one of the reasons my cost was high as those had been done differently and he did not agree with what he saw in those. He already had the prior year so I sent him the year prior to that and never heard back; he just ghosted me. And, still worse, almost immediately after my taxes were filed, I received a $2000+ refund from the IRS because despite their supposed scrutiny of my 2017 taxes, they failed to notice that I had applied the refund due to me to my 2018 taxes, so I grossly overpaid when I sent in what Gilliland & Assoc told me I owed. I was VERY disappointed at how expensive the work was, how unimpressive the result was, and how unprofessional the handling of my dissatisfaction was.

Description of Work
Did my 2018 business and personal taxes

05/03/2017

Allison S.

Daniel was incredibly proactive - our taxes are complex and we felt like he was on our team, looking for every opportunity he could to optimize our financial outcome.

Description of Work
Personal income taxes

01/28/2015

Kevin D.

Excellent experience - knowledge, to the point, and left with the information and assurance I needed.

Description of Work
Provided tax planning and business start up advice.

04/28/2014

Bill B.

10/18/2012

Sanjai K.

They do what is asked of them, nothing more, nothing less. They give good service.

Description of Work
Gilliland & Associates is our accountant for two years now.

07/19/2012

Cheryl F.

Do go to them for advice and tax planning. I'd follow up to be sure things are done to my liking and in a timely manner, as I think the admin staff may be a bit clueless.

Description of Work
This is the first accountant we found who could actually offer tax advice. Usually, it's 'just put your papers in this notebook and we'll file for you'. I really needed tax ADVICE, not filing. We have an S Corp, and have been getting hammered by taxes. The advice Daniel gave us was worth every penny, and will save us thousands this year. We needed to know what to do BEFORE the end of the year. He also explained the tax benefits of estate planning, although he is not licensed to actually set this up himself. I do think the admin in the office is a bit ditzy, so maybe that's what happened with the person who didn't get his taxes paid on time. For advice and explanations about how to save on taxes, this was the way to go.

07/17/2012

Joan L.

The first year went fine. The second year they asked for my routing number and checking account number so that my taxes could be paid electronically with my return..Only problem was they never paid them! They did file but didn't pay.. due date passed. First time in my entire life my taxes did not get paid. When I called Gilliland & Associates about it they said "Go ahead and send them a check" .. Gee thanks!! After the owner read my Angie's List review he did offer to pay my penalty and interest but I declined.

Description of Work
Filing of Federal and State tax returns

02/28/2012

Doreen K.

He had a good rating on Angie's List. The prices are reasonable. He is very nice and professional. He explains everything to you.

Description of Work
He did my taxes.

09/26/2010

JUDY S.

WOW!!!! I had NO idea that this is what a true accounting experience should be like. Our company had used other accountants in prior years and it was always, always such an issue. These other companies would literally get offended if I were asking questions about the advise they were giving for present and future years. These other companies didn't want me to understand things, they just wanted me to pay them to process it themselves. (I do my own Quickbook entries throughout the year) These other companies were difficult to reach during the busy season too. Gilliland was the absolute PERFECT experience. They were always available to answer my questions, and quickly. They always answered all my questions without any attitude and took the time to make sure I understood the answers. They didn't mind educating me. I gave very little time to get our taxes processed because I was behind, but even with the tight deadlines, they got the job done and quickly. And they never complained once. My accountant who did my 2006 taxes never filed my extension, charged me for filing the extension and I had I received a penalty from the IRS for about $7,000. That past accountant would not even try contacting the IRS for 6 months even try to dispute the problem on my behalf to get that penalty reversed. (Remember, this was a penalty caused because she had caused) When she finally did, the IRS said 'no." Her poor accounting skills had cost me $7,000 and she wouldn't back it or help me. I wrote (6)letters to the IRS myself disputing the penalties with no results. They wouldn't listen to me. ****Daniel, with Gilliland Associates contacted the IRS (1) time and the IRS abated the penalties and we got our $7,000 back within 2 weeks.**** My experience with Gilliland has been smooth, professional and their advise has saved us money on our taxes. I will never use another CPA for our taxes ever again. Gilliland is our choice for all years to come.

Description of Work
We used Gilliland Associates for our company/personal taxes for Federal and State 2 years in a row. (2007 and 2008 tax years) We are an LLC. Included Schedule A, schedule C, Schedule SE, Depreciation and amortization, etc. for Federal and state. We are using them again for our 2009 taxes.

Bass Accounting & Tax Services CPA LLC

BATS (Bass Accounting & Tax Services), CPA is a newly created Certified Public Accountant firm located in Gaithersburg, MD. The company was established in August 2012, by Jean Pierre Bassi Bikai, CPA, manager and owner with more than 15 years of accounting experience, who strive as an immigrant to reach its American dream. BATS, CPA is in the reducing anxiety business. BATS, CPA provides to its clients protection, trust, advice, and higher customer service in addition to the following commodities (financial reporting, federal contract cost accounting, payroll services, tax consultation and preparation, audit and assurance, and QuickBooks consulting). BATS offers clients service benefits, including free initial consultation, and very competitive pricing.

HBC Tax & Accounting, Inc

Tax Planning, Individual & Business Tax preparation, Bookkeeping, Tax Accountants & Payroll Services - IRS Enrolled Agent. Tax Issue & Tax Separation? Call us. We Represent our Clients Before IRS.

Offers by HBC Tax & Accounting, Inc on Angi
    Jag Tax Management

JAG Tax Solutions has 35 years in the tax industry. We settle your tax debt for the least possible amount and gets you back on track with the IRS and State so levies and garnishments don't interfere with your life. We're #1 at getting the best resolutions, whether it be back taxes, payroll, non-filed, you name it, we handle it. So stop stressing and call now.

Accountants/Tax Consultants
    Financial Planning
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Tax planning, preparation, & IRS representation. Accounting & auditing, financial planning, family & estate tax planning, accounting software installation & training.