DRIVE EUROPEAN/IMPORTED CAR SERVICE

Founded 1999 • With Angi since July 2005

30A Hillwood ave

Falls Church, VA 22046

4 EMPLOYEES. CHARGES FLAT RATE OF 116.00 AN HOUR. DBA: IMPORTED CAR SERVICE INC. ADDTIONAL CONTACT: SAM DAWOOD.

08/02/2017

Carole A.

They always check out my car. They are basically my car doctor. Their prices are very reasonable. I drive a mini which can be expensive sometimes. They are very dependable. If something doesn't work out as it should, I go right back and they'll fix it right away. Sometimes, if it's nothing much, they don't even charge me. They have a great knowledge base. They understand cars. They deal with a lot of really high-end cars, so they understand the importance of getting it right, and making sure that things work properly.

Description of Work
I use them for auto services.

07/17/2016

John L.

04/27/2016

Janie G.

Description of Work
Always very thorough inspection and then description of issue to be repaired; have the upmost respect for owner's (Sam) integrity. I have taken my car ('86 BMW) there for years.

07/02/2015

Beth W.

06/10/2014

Joseph E.

perfect. Sam is wonderful, very knowledgeable, tells you wants he needs to do and why. He also calls before he does anything to quote you the price and to see if you want what he has found done. If you do not want all he found done, he will tell u what needs to be minimumlly done in order for the car to run fine and safely.

Description of Work
fixed 3 oil leaks, put a new radiator hose in, put a new gas cap in, replaced the electric window motor, replaced the springs in the back suspension, replaced the engine motor mount screws. probably missing something.

09/30/2013

Adam S.

I've been looking for a new place to take my BMW in the neighborhood -- this may be just that place. Took my car here with a warning light for the coolant. I knew it needed to be replaced, but the shop checked out my car, ran a pressure check to make sure there were no leaks, then discussed all of the recommended work. I had only some of that work done, but was very happy with the recommendations. Pricing was about average for the quotes I received around town. Would take my car here again.

Description of Work
Pressure check, coolant change, drive belt replacement

09/03/2013

Joseph E.

It was the best and easiest experience we have had with an auto repair shop. Are definitely using them in the future.

Description of Work
Called me before to give me the possible range of costs for the work that needed to be done. The actual cost ended being lower than their lowest estimate to me.

04/15/2013

Steven F.

If you love your German car these are the guys to work with. They have been servicing my BMW for the past 2-years and they care for it as if it was their own car. They were the right choice for me after my car was out of the manufacturer's warranty period. As long as I continue to drive a German car, I will be using to Drive European for service. You won't regret the decision to use them.

Description of Work
Annual service, oil change, fluids, spark plug replacement etc. This was a minor service visit and represents my third visit to Drive European

12/10/2010

Paula D.

Outstanding! Took car on time. Called to detail service required and get approval. Called to say car ready to pick up. Car was immaculate from cleaning after the service. Friendly, professional, knowledgeable, total integrity and trustworthy! I never dread going to Sam. He is very helpful and conscientious. The prices are great. He cares as much about my business as I do about my car. You cannot find a better place to take your car! my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Mercedes Benz Service C

08/15/2010

Christopher D.

All work was discussed with me before anything was done. The manager was very responsive and honest with what needed to be done and what could wait. He did not perform any work/repair that was not necessary. I trust this shop and will use them again in future. They are not the cheapest shop but for foreign high end cars they are fair and reliable.

Description of Work
Installed a belt upgrade, replaced a bad wheel bearing, installed new tires and changed the oil and filter.

07/29/2010

Paula D.

Our rear brakes went out suddenly on our Mercedes and I called DE/ICS due to their Angies listing. We had a family vacation in just a few days and needed it ASAP. Sam was great, took me the next morning and delivered the car back that afternoon. Outstanding work at a very reasonable price. They kept me informed and cleared all actions. The car was washed and ready to go when they promised. I'll go back there from now on. Terrific shop nice knowledgeable professional people.

Description of Work
They replaced my rear brakes pads and rotors on my Mercedes ML350.

06/17/2010

shine T.

These guys did a great job on my car. They were actually able to diagnose and fix a problem that 2 other car repair places could not fix. They were professional and did not push me to do any repairs that they felt were uncessary. The only issue that I have was that the repairs seemed a little more pricey than some of the other places I have done work on. Additionally, they were fairly busy, so the repair took a day longer than expected.

Description of Work
Replaced radiator, timing belt, and fixed some break issues on my 2000 Honda.

04/20/2010

Valerie M.

My husband and I both spoke with Sam at different times and had very positive experiences. Based on the description of the problem, he had a fair degree of certainty that he knew what the issue was. However, when they were initially unable to replicate the problem, he told us that he would not make the repair unless we authorized it. We decided to just have an oil change service and defer the repair. There was no pressure placed on us to have them perform the speculative repair. Subsequently the problem did again occur and he called with confirmation of the necessary repair. We authorized the service and Sam followed up with us after hours on a Friday evening to ensure we had the necessary information to obtain our car over the weekend. There was excellent communication and quality service throughout, and they honored the Angieslist coupon.

Description of Work
My car was intermittently not starting so we contacted Drive European to diagnose the problem.

03/16/2010

FRANK M.

They did exactly what they said they would--no additional services or attempts to upsell. Were extremely responsive--most of our communication was via email.

Description of Work
Full tune up

12/31/2009

Wendy W.

I've been taking my 2003 BMW 325xi to Drive European for a few years now and they are always outstanding. Not only is their service and knowledge outstanding, they are quick to tell me when something does NOT need to be done which I appreciate. The car is always ready when they say it will be and the ride to/from the metro is also very helpful.

Description of Work
I've had them fix things large (brakes, etc.) and small (wipers and bulb replacement) and it's consistently great service at a fair price.

04/13/2009

Mary C.

I knew the price of the level II checkup - and ended up paying approx 1900 more dollars for additional work (estimated 1750). The ck up was approx $300 under the price of the dealership. Since I am not a mechanic I can only tell you the car runs beautifully. The shop was very prompt and helpful in giving me a ride, calling me and explaining what work needed to be accomplished, and providing me a cleaned car after the work was completed.

Description of Work
Level II checkup which resulted in additional work under the hood and body work (power steering leaks, belts, suspension, alignment)

08/14/2008

CAROLYN M.

I trust the work they do and when they say something needs to be done. I have been using their services for the last twenty years now. I have recommended others to them and they too are still using their services. They will do little things for you with out an appointment. They are highly professional and at a good value.

Description of Work
I took my car into the shop to have new tires, new brakes, and service. Along with other smaller jobs.

11/17/2007

CHARLIE C.

The shop was excellent. When I mention the relative "need" above, the discussion centered around what should be done immediately and what could be deferred for a few weeks. I had the immediate work performed ($350) and then did research and decided to replace the car instead of spending additional money to repair it. At no time did Sam or the other fellow try to force me to do repairs or alter my opinions. They simply gave me the facts and prices so that I could make my decisions. I would DEFINITELY use this shop again, but because I no longer own a European car, it won't be possible.

Description of Work
I took my 2003 VW Passat to Imported Car Service after reviewing Angie's List and also calling and talking with them. The early morning guy (I'm sorry I don't have his name) was excellent in explaining things. We discussed the problem I believed I was having. Later in the morning, I received a call explaining all of the things that were wrong with the car. The various types of work were clearly explained along with the relative "need" to have the work done and the cost. Later in the day, I also spoke with Sam (the owner) and he also was excellent.

09/05/2007

Jessie K.

I chose this company for this service because I have been using them for about 25 years now. They have always done a great job for me. Currently, we have two Mercedes and a Subaru and they do all of the work on our cars. The owner's name is Sam Dawood and he is a great guy.

Description of Work
I took my Mercedes car in to the shop to get the brake pads replaced.

03/19/2007

CAROLYN M.

Everything went smoothly. This is the third car I've taken to ICS and I trust them implicitly. If something doesn't need to be fixed right away, they will tell you. There is never any attempt to make you have more done that necessary.

Description of Work
Car, Mercedes Benz, needed a Service A and other minor work.