Nova Installations Inc

Founded 1982 • With Angi since May 2006

14501 Lee Jackson Memorial Hwy Ste C

Chantilly, VA 20151

We’re as good as we say we are because we’re family owned and operated. Art and Tom Dunn started Nova Installations in 1982, and as a family business - we’re brothers- we push one another to do and be the best. It’s that friendly brotherly competition thing combined with respect for one another’s integrity, time and family lives that keeps us working smart and efficiently. That may sound corny, but it’s true. Additional phone numbers - (703) 378-6596, (703) 675-0623, (703) 675-0624. Award winning....

06/25/2022

Sharon L.

I had been looking to replace all of the windows on my townhouse and had interviewed 8 companies. Some of these companies were well known thru advertisements and local ads that you constantly see every year in your mailbox or on television. I researched all of their backgrounds and found that Nova Installations were CLEARLY the winners here. It was a pleasure speaking with Nick during the initial consultation in my home with no pressure to buy and I found it just as pleasant to meet Art one of the owner's when he came to measure my windows as he entered my home and took his shoes off at the door (without me asking) which showed respect for my home. When the windows I chose to be installed arrived and on the day of the installation not only did the crew show up but so did Art. The crew was very pleasant and thoughtful of my home. They were here most of the day and installed 8 windows and cleaned up very well. I would not hesitate to recommend them and would use their services again. My windows are just beautiful! If you are looking for an honest company that does impeccable work I highly recommend Nova Installations.

Description of Work
8 Windows Installed

03/07/2020

Terry S.

From start to finish we had a fantastic experience with Nova Installations. We dreamed of adding a large bay window and several standard windows to our house. We also needed to have a patio door replaced and some other minor things done. I called Tom and he promptly set up a time to provide an estimate. He was knowledgable, thorough, and gave us several options to think about. Throughout the installation, the team showed up on time, was courteous, and worked in a professional manner. The work looks great and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would recommend Tom and his team at Nova without reservation. We will certainly be using them again in the future!

Description of Work
I had two large windows and a patio door installed.

Category replacement windows, woodworking, doors

02/28/2020

james L.

Outstanding company and product. Nineteen windows were replaced. The crew showed up at 0730 as scheduled and did an excellent job installing and cleanup. I interviewed six window installers and after reviewing each proposal I knew NOVA Installations gave me the best window for the best price. Jim L Vienna, VA

Description of Work
Windows replacement.

01/24/2020

Lucy W.

This if the 4th time I have used NOVA Installations for windows, doors, or siding. Once again, they have exceeded my expectations for quality work. This project was the installation of interior glass barn doors to separate 2 living areas. Rick and John were prompt as usual, professional and made sure everything was perfect with these new doors. Then Roberto, a professional painter, followed up with painting the doors. Their work is always exceptional and fairly priced. I’ve already scheduled them for the 5th project on my home!

Description of Work
Installation of interior glass barn doors

Category doors

05/03/2019

Catherine F.

This is the fourth time I've hired NOVA Installations for various properties. The recent project was for James Hardie siding, but I've also hired them for windows and gutters. The team is knowledgeable and friendly, and their pricing competitive. They give you options at various price points and let you decide what's best for your property and budget. They communicate throughout the process.

Description of Work
New siding

Category siding

01/17/2019

matt K.

Excellent advice, quality work, timely and polite. Everything was positive. Pricing on these windows doesn't vary much from installer to installer; the difference is made in the installation.

Description of Work
30+ Andersen Woodwright windows plus 3 doors; insulation; aluminum siding repair

Category siding, replacement windows, doors

01/03/2019

patrick A.

NOVA installations did a superior removing and installing our new front entry door and panels It took one simple call to NOVA to get a representative out to the house. The process was without any pressure and we created a door combination that exceeded our original expectations. We were given a timeline for the door to be ordered and installed. The crew delivered it, removed the old door and expertly installed the new one in just a couple of hours. It looks fabulous and improves the attractiveness, insulation and security of our home all at once. NOVA keeps an experienced crew together and they are expert installers. The owner also came by several times to check on their progress as well as inspect the final result to ensure it was to our satisfaction! The fit, finish, and features exceeded our expectations. the crew was attentive, polite and extremely clean! We highly recommend NOVA installations for any door, window or other home contracting needs.

Description of Work
Remove and replace old front entry door

11/30/2017

Steve S.

After having been very unimpressed with the confrontational American Home Center in Beltsville, I was happy to sign with NOVA Installations and was treated to an outstanding experience, good mid level vinyl windows, excellent install, install crew that was neat, careful and clean and the owner Art Dunn, a pleasure to deal with. When I looked at the labels on the windows, I realized that the actual product was even more energy efficient that what I was originally promised. AND a neighbor of mine who is a contractor looked at the work and said - Great!

Description of Work
Replaced 17 windows in a 2 story colonial home

11/09/2017

DAVID D.

We were disappointed in the poor quality of the windows, which were manufactured by Northeast Windows USA. But this was a fix-up for sale and high quality was not a priority. The installation went well. Outside of some debris found in the beds below the windows, the work was well done. The reason for our bad review is that we learned after the sale, that the the "lifetime" warranty would be voided the minute we sold the house. This installer sold us these windows using the lifetime warranty as a main selling point, knowing full well that this warranty would be voided when the home was sold. That is unethical. NOVA Installations of course blamed the window manufacturer, but it was NOVA's responsibility to inform us about this very critical issue and they did not.

Description of Work
All windows replaced in a townhouse.

Category replacement windows

We regret when any customer walks away ultimately dissatisfied with the overall experience. We strive to give each and every person what they ask for. In your case, your were adamant cost was your number one priority as you were flipping this property and the windows would not be your concern after you sold this property. You advised us that you had met with 4 or 5 other window companies and it came down to price. NorthEast Windows does have a lifetime warranty and you are correct, it is not transferable; however, this was the window that met your project budget. On November 8th, you emailed our office stating you would not be using Nova Installations for your "high-end" townhouse property or the home you live in and that we "can expect negative reports" on online review sites. As promised, your review posted the very next day. Art was disappointed you did not attempt to discuss your situation with him directly and would have gladly agreed to extend Nova's 10 year labor warranty to include the windows to ease any new homeowners concern. Unfortunately, at this point, that is no longer an option. We wish you well with your all your properties.

10/24/2017

Robin B.

HORRIBLE!!! - Art, the owner, told me that everyone gets their doors and windows from the same manufacturer and that the garden window would be the same that any other company would provide. Our house is older and the garden window that a tree destroyed was custom made. But he insisted that they are all the same. The window they installed was actually 6 inches smaller than the previous one. His installers made the hole fit the window by adding plywood and filler then putting some trim over it so we couldn't see the filler. The trim didn't match any trim in our house. - The trim they put around the interior door had tape on it and they just painted right over it. -The storm door did not open to 90*. Had to have them come back and reset it. -Threshold step was flimsy and had no support under it. Art told me to get the deck guys to put support under it. He also told me it was put in at an angle because the wall of the house was warped. IT'S BRICK! - The installers he used did inferior work. The metal trim they used on the outside of the garden window at the top, extended passed the window on one side so when the siding guys put the J channel in, it had to be at an angle. They couldn't even put in a smooth bead of caulking that they had to replace in front of him. And he said nothing to them! -Art has been out here 3 times and never apologized or took ownership for his inferior product and shoddy workmanship and basically tried to make excuses about all the problems we were having and put them back on us. - I had to tell him at least 5 times to stop lying to me and that I was not stupid. Finally told him he was FOS and he walked off the job.

Description of Work
Replace garden window and kitchen door and storm door

Category replacement windows, doors

Hi Mrs [Member Name Removed], I apologize if you are not happy with the contracted work. We have been installing windows and doors for over 35 years. We used the appropriate materials and installed using industry standard practices. We measured stud to stud for the opening of your garden window and installed the largest garden window that would fit in that opening. While we are disappointed in having the rare dissatisfied customer, we understand there are some people who will never be satisfied. As you said yourself, Art has been to your home on 3 separate occasions and did indeed leave once your profanity began.

08/27/2017

Gary G.

All went well. Good price. Showed up and completed the job right on schedule with no surprises. The end result looks good and will keep me covered for twenty years.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof on my townhouse.

06/13/2017

Victoria S.

It went very well and when there was a small problem, they came back to repair.

Description of Work
Siding, windows, doors and gutters.

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

05/10/2017

Susan H.

Very well. Pleased with the quality of product and installation. Installers were timely, kept the work area clean and thoroughly cleaned up after they were done. The window and Doors were spotlessly clean.

Description of Work
Replaced Sliding Glass Door and Window above it.

04/27/2017

Shelly-Ann S.

Mr. Dunn and his three subcontractors completed the installation of 12 windows December 23, 2016. However, because they damaged one of the new window frames, they had to order a new one and come back in January 17, 2017 to complete the last window installation. Unfortunately, Nova Installations made multiple errors. The first error, Nova Installations failed to follow proper lead standards and regulations as required by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). My home was built in 1940 and neither Mr. Dunn nor his contractors followed any of the lead safety requirements. When I brought up this concern with Mr. Dunn, he shared that he didn’t think it would be critical since I was not pregnant or had no children. I told him at that time it was unacceptable for him to not follow federal guidelines and to jeopardize my health. The second error, Mr. Dunn’s contractor dented the A/C compressor outside my home after one of his contractors stepped on it to install a window. They should not have used my A/C compressor as a ladder. And they also failed to cover the A/C compressor with a tarp so particles went down into the A/C compressor. The day this happened, I shared a picture with Mr. Art Dunn and he texted me back "okay". Now, my A/C compressor unit outside is dented. The third error, Mr. Dunn’s contractors improperly installed the vinyl windows to the point that some of them do not open and close properly. I spent so much money to have new windows that I have to fight to open and close. I had another window company come out to my house to view the windows, they confirmed that the windows were not sized properly and the contractors made an attempt to make them fit into the windows by drilling in additional screws. The screws that Mr. Dunn’s contractors used were not even the proper ones to use and they were not screwed in completely so they currently stick out. This now requires that the improperly installed windows be completely removed from the window and we will need to adjust the window frame to make sure that the window fits properly and then reinstall the window. The fourth error, Mr. Dunn’s contractors also damaged my exterior window trim. During the process of the removal of the old window, they ripped out my exterior wood trim, damaged my window sill and failed to repair it. They thought that they would get away with the damage because they the windows would be capped in an aluminum capping. The fifth error, Mr. Dunn requested that they install the last window on January 17, 2017 in the rain. That should not have occurred. You do not install any window in the rain. His contractors also bore two sets of holes in my new screen door. I shared this with Mr. Dunn back in January and he had no response. I have tried to reach out to Mr. Dunn several times and after he realized the extent of the damage of the exterior window trim, he has avoided my phone calls. I called and texted Mr. Dunn regarding my improperly installed windows and he continues to avoid my calls. I had to request my real estate agent to contact Mr. Dunn and Mr. Dunn shared with my agent that he has no comment. In closing, this has been quite the learning experience for me. Nova Installations is Mr. Dunn’s company and he is ultimately responsible for the people he chooses to hire, their workmanship and any damages that are done in the process. However, Mr. Dunn has failed to show leadership and professionalism and take responsibility for the poor workmanship, but has come up with many excuses on why he is not responsible. I currently have new vinyl windows that are difficult to open and close in my home. My brand new A/C compressor unit outside my backyard has a dent. I have had to pay out of pocket to get the window trim repaired and that is still in process. Based on Mr. Dunn’s response (or lack thereof), it is clear that he is more interested in taking short cuts and getting work done quickly than properly. I want him to understand that he cannot get away with this. It is unacceptable. And it is frustrating to see that he is taken advantage of me and it is not clear whether he is blowing me off because I am a single female and he believes there's nothing I can do.

Description of Work
Last November 2016, I decided to purchase new vinyl windows for energy efficiency purposes. After researching several companies, I chose Nova Installations for the job because Mr. Art Dunn shared they had installed many windows in my community.

04/20/2017

Po Ling K.

They came out it was very nice of them. I was very please. They are very slow in answering the call. The price was very good. He did what he had to do.

Description of Work
They came out to repair siding after a storm.

Category siding

04/20/2017

Po Ling K.

They left a lot of dust on the windows and I called to tell them and they sent someone out to clean the mess.

Description of Work
They came out to install a window.

01/10/2017

Angie L.

We decided on this company based on the owner, Art Dunn. He is knowledgeable, not high pressured, and we felt we could work well with him. Had we known that the work was going to be subbed out, we might have reconsidered our decision. We became the contractor because we were the ones at the house. Special instructions were not passed to the sub causing communications snafus. We had a lot of wood rot around windows on one side of the house (which we discussed well in advance) but discovered them installing windows on totally rotted sills. Not good. No tarps were used. The dumpster (included in insurance quote) never appeared. We are still picking up nails and debris from the yard and shrubs. Finished work is good. The hassles during the job were not necessary. If you decide to use them, make sure that you are at home and checking the job.

Description of Work
Replacement roof, windows, siding, gutters

Category gutter repair, siding, replacement windows, doors

11/17/2016

Marie M.

It went smoothly from estimate to scheduling and installation. Art had a catalogue and selected the door that met the strict requirements of my HOA. They were able to use the same door knob and deadbolt, so I did not need to get new keys. I used NoVa Installations several years ago to replace all my windows. I really like this company because there is no sales pressure, the prices are very competitive, and they do quality work.

Description of Work
Nova Installations installed a new Provia steel front door with peep hole and knocker.

Category doors

10/25/2016

Miriam E.

Fabulous service for Windows great price, excellent service, punctual, professional, efficient, 5***** all the way. Would absolutely hire again for Windows & sliding glass doors. Recommended to all my friends. Tried to hire for new front door. Different person doing that. Had trouble understanding what I wanted. Impossible to get a hold of. Never returned phone calls, messages, etc. big ZERO, total bust. Hired another company.

Description of Work
Hired for Windows tried to hire for new front door

Category gutter repair

09/19/2016

Thomas C.

Installation completed in one day. Windows look very nice.

Description of Work
Installation of 3 double-casement windows and 3 arch windows.

09/09/2016

Richard H.

We are so happy we chose Nova Installations to replace our windows. We picked the Vytex Fortis windows (vinyl, double-hung, lifetime warranty, better than EnergyStar rating), which had been installed by Nova for a neighbor, and could not be more pleased. The windows are great--so much tighter, quieter, and more energy-efficient than our previous builder-grade windows. The installation crew, led by Terry, showed up ready to work on the first day at 8am, and were very professional and hard working. And the owner, Art Dunn, came by at least three times over the two-day job to make sure everything was going well. Sheryl, in the Nova office, kept us informed on the schedule at all times. Finally, the price was lower than quotes from other name brand companies, and came with no pressure to sign a contract. All in all, a super experience.

Description of Work
Replaced 14 large windows in our condo

05/11/2016

Timothy C.

First of all, the reputation of replacement window companies is legendary for hard sell techniques. It was my intention not to have that happen to me. I vetted three companies through Angie's List and I am glad to say none of them stooped to the level of the larger replacement widow companies. NOVA Installations, and Tom especially, were great! Never did I feel pressured to buy. He answered a plethora of questions by first me and then my wife. Then, I'm sure we asked them all again and perhaps again. Tom was patient, always answering and informing without hesitation or irritation. He came to our home and demonstrated his products. Later we went to the showroom and evaluated and reevaluated the products again. He couldn't have been nicer. Tom's installation crew was great! In a time where "time is money" and services are rushed, I felt that Tom's crew took the time to do the job right. As there was much to do the installation took a few days. All along the way the crew made sure we were informed as to what they were doing, how they were doing it, and why it took the time it did. They were amiable and courteous. The only problem we encountered was the factory shipped the wrong screens. Obviously not a problem of NOVA's making. Over the course of time we are still receiving the proper screens and we get to keep the wrong screens as backups. When it comes time for us to replace our siding, you can bet your bottom dollar that NOVA Installations will get a call from us!

Description of Work
Replaced 19 windows, 1 sliding glass door, 1 entry door, and "tuned up" two other entry doors. Two of the double hung windows became a bay window and two double hung windows became a garden window.

01/13/2016

Cynthia S.

We had a great experience all around. They were punctual, professional and exceptionally neat. I highly recommend NOVA Installation and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced windows throughout the house.

11/11/2015

Annamary S.

Fantastic experience from start to finish. Art met with me and looked at my room and gave great advice on what option to pursue. He returned a few days later after I signed the contract to measure and discuss placement and then the crew arrived once the window was received. They were very helpful to me in calculating height placement and did a spotless job -- they literally were vacuuming drywall dust on one side while the other side was being cut. I could not imagine that such a potentially messy job could have been done with so little dust.

Description of Work
Installed a new bay window into a windowless wall

10/15/2015

Susan M.

Extremely well. I think it took about four days because of the carpentry work involved. I do not remember all the details since it was 9 years ago. I would like to say that the product installed is high quality. They are easy to clean inside and out and well as easy to open and close. They help to keep the sound out also. I am very pleased

Description of Work
Excellent workmanship. I had installed 8 windows, 1-6' patio door, 1-9' patio door. I also had a porch bumped out with resulting insulation, dry wall and painting. All of this was included in the price. The installer was most considerate, polite and did very fine work .I cannot speak too highly for Nova Installation. I had gotten other estimates way beyond what I paid. Yesterday, I had trouble with re-setting two of the windows after cleaning them. I phoned Nova about my problem. That night, Tom, stopped by on his way home and solved the problem for me. This is 9 years later.

Windows on Washington

Simply put - we believe that improving your home should be enjoyable. That is why we spent years designing our consultations, installations, and customer care experiences to minimize stress and provide every client with a fair and honest home improvement experience. Founded in 2005, Windows on Washington has become one of the area’s most respected home improvement companies because we make our clients' homes more beautiful, comfortable, and energy efficient. We are proud Angie’s Super Service Award winners, which we’ve now earned for seven consecutive years. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and have never had one filed complaint. In addition, we have hundreds of positive customer reviews on Angie’s List, Customer Lobby, Home Advisor, Guild Quality, Houzz, and Yelp.

Offers by Windows on Washington on Angi
    Century Siding Co Inc

We believe that our remodeling experts, who have been working in the field for more than 15 years, successfully completing over 10,000 homes, will provide the highest quality work for you. Century Siding Co., inc. is among the highest rated companies in quality and value in the Northern Virginia area. We also guarantee the highest quality products at the most competitive prices. We proudly carry products from Mastic, Alside, certainteed, James Hardie, Simonton and many more industry leaders. All of our technicians are carefully selected based on their level of skill and experience. They must go through vigorous training and must prove their abilities before they can actually begin work on a customers home.

Falcon Homes LLC

Our goal at Falcon Homes, LLC is to provide our clients with the best possible solutions for their home’s exterior needs; specializing in windows, doors, and roofing. We are an independent, veteran owned, fully licensed and insured contractor with over 25 combined years in the home remodeling industry. We take pride in our work, and representing our clients and their homes as if they were our own.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available, American Express

Windows and doors, siding (including installation of James Hardie products), trim work & roofing.

Repairs.