Kramer, Gary

With Angi since April 2008

5631 BURKE CENTER PKWY SUITE F

Burke, VA 22015

15 EMPLOYEES. VISIT WWW.ABPD.ORG TO FIND OUT IF THIS PHYSICIAN IS BOARD CERTIFIED. ...

01/02/2015

Erich E.

He is just so good with the kids, so friendly. The staff are wonderful. There is never a long wait. They have a wonderful area for the kids to play in with things to watch and read in the waiting room. We had orthodontics work done here as well with both of our boys.

Description of Work
My kids have been going here 18 years.

12/23/2014

Katrina O.

First, let me say that Dr. Kramer himself seems knowledgeable and was good with my daughter. But his front office staff and his daughter, Dr. Bunin, who practices with him are a mess. We have MetLife Tricare Dental and after arriving to the area on my husbands latest orders I set about to find a pediatric dentist for our children. They had just had their 6 month cleanings before we left early summer from our last station so I took my time and thought I had found a good place with Dr. Kramer's office and went ahead and got set-up for their next cleanings in the fall. Come October though our daughter had an accident and needed to be seen urgently to have a couple chipped teeth looked at. Dr. Kramer was great with her and we were seen same day- great right? I thought so. The front office had all of our paperwork and the records from our last dentist that I brought with me and I was told when the appointment was over that my co-pay was $155. I thought this seemed high and was assured that they had checked and that was what I would owe. I paid it and scheduled to have her back in after Halloween to have the tooth fixed. That visit I was told I owed $53. Paid it and set up to have the kids in for cleanings. I brought my other kids records in and asked if the office had received my son's record that I had sent from the old office. I was told it never came. I doubt this though considering I hand delivered one of his x-rays only for the front staff to completely mislay it and accuse me of never giving it to them, only for the x-ray to be magically discovered behind one of their computers. Lost records aside, all was well until my explanation of benefits arrived and I realized the office had been charging me the full rates as if I had no insurance at all. My son had an appointment early December so I figured I would discuss it with them then. His appointment was for a cavity and the amount the office estimated for my co-pay was almost exactly the amount they owed me from their overcharging in Oct/Nov. I asked about using what they owed me as a credit against what my copay for the day would be and the front desk lady said she would check with the doctor. She came back a few minutes later and said that using the credit would be fine. Seemed like a reasonable way to handle the situation. Imagine my surprise then when I?m called back to the exam room and Dr. Bunin informs me that in fact I will be expected to pay $130 of the co-pay for the day. When I informed her, again, of the conversation I had had with her front office staff I was told by Dr. Bunin that she had not been paid by MetLife yet and that the insurance company hadn?t cleared accounts with them. I told her that this seemed to be two separate issues, the issue I was concerned about was that her office staff was charging me higher co-pays then were due and that I was then expected to wait to be reimbursed money that the office had no right to collect in the first place as a network provider. One of the primary reasons I pick network providers is so that I am not expected to pay large sums of money and wait to be reimbursed. She didn?t seem to consider this a valid point and said something to the effect that I would be spending more money there on dental work for the kids so the credit could go to future work....something I had never agreed too. I got the impression that she had no intention of refunding my money to me or of even listening to the fact that her office had an issue that needed resolved. She was too busy raising her voice to me trying to shame me for asking for my money and talking badly about MetLife?s turn around time on payment. I got the distinct impression that her office begrudgingly accepted MetLife insurance policies. I finally had to ask her to stop blocking the exam doorway so I could leave the room with my son. I paid the $130 that they required and left. As I?m driving home I get a call from MetLife (customer service) on what sounded very much like a 3 way call, even though I was not informed of this until I specifically asked if Dr. Bunin was on the line. Unbelievably, Dr. Bunin had called me to verbally abuse me further. The same circular conversation of her insisting that her office had done nothing wrong and me insisting that she was missing the point that I didn?t care how the error was made I was more concerned with how the error once brought to her attention was still not being handled (i.e. my money returned.) She called my cell phone again later that evening, but I had my husband take the call because I could not deal with her verbal abuses any further. I've changed dentist for the kids and two months later have still not been refunded the $145 dollars this office owes me from money they never should have collected. If you are military and use MetLife take my advice and avoid this office they will overcharge you and then abuse you for speaking up for yourself.

Description of Work
We're military and recently moved to the area. I used Angie's List to cross reference with MetLife Tricare Dental network providers to try and find a good dentist for our kids that accepted our insurance without issue. We have been to this office for an urgent care appointment, a resurfacing, cleanings, and a cavity filling. Dr. Kramer handled 2 visits, his daughter Dr. Bunin handled the others.

09/29/2014

Carey L.

He is very good. We've been using him for 5 years. He is very knowledgeable and very gentle with the kids. He works on Saturdays.

Description of Work
Dr. Kramer is our pediatric dentist.

09/15/2014

Lucinda M.

Dr. Kramer did an amazing job. It was a stress free and pain free procedure for her. He is very careful about the terminology he uses with kids. For some reason describing it as and quot;wiggling outand quot; vs. pulling makes a big difference with a 7 year old. I would highly recommend Dr. Kramer.

Description of Work
My daughter needed a couple baby teeth pulled to make room for her permanent teeth. One of her permanent teeth was actually coming in behind the baby tooth.

03/24/2014

Jean F.

He is the best dentist and I could not imagine a better dentist for the kids. He is terrific in every regard. I like that he is very kind to the kids and he makes them feel comfortable. He is not scary and everybody in his office is the same. They are just kind, kid centered and they are extremely punctual. Their scheduling is terrific.

Description of Work
We use Dr. Kramer for pediatric dentistry.

07/26/2013

Mezeline L.

He is very professional, thorough, and caring. He takes his time and makes preventive recommendations. He follows up with phone calls after office hours.

Description of Work
Pediatric dentistry.

05/17/2013

Denise Michelle D.

The appointment went well. They got my son to cooperate with no problems and did not push us toward any unnecessary treatment, which I appreciated.

Description of Work
Checkup for my 5 year old.

01/30/2013

Julie F.

Very competent dentist. Good with kids. My six kids have no cavities. What more can you ask for.

Description of Work
Routine check up

01/17/2013

MARYANN B.

We have used him for 8 to 10 years for our children. He does a great job. He is very professional and has a great sense of humor.

Description of Work
He has done orthondontic work and he is our childrens pediatric dentist.

Category orthodontist, pediatric dentist

08/02/2012

Louay A.

Excellent dentist , nice and professional staff, highly recommended.

Description of Work
Excellent dentist , nice & professional staff, highly recommended.

07/20/2012

Sarah G.

He has been our pediatric dentist for about fifteen years. He is doing a great job with my sons braces.

Description of Work
He is our family pediatric dentist.

Category dentists, orthodontist, pediatric dentist

06/20/2012

Karin G.

Office staff is always friendly and efficient. Dr. Kramer is amazing with kids and parents alike. My son has been going to him for years. First visit was due to an injury of the tooth. Other dentist said oral surgery. Dr. Kramer said let's see, in many cases, the tooth tightens back up, and no need to do anything drastic. Great advice - tooth did just as he thought, and no (unnecessary) oral surgery. We have been very satisfied with all experience with Dr. Kramer and highly recommed him.

Description of Work
Routine cleaning and xrays for my 11 year old son.

05/09/2012

MARYANN B.

He is very easy to talk to, and he is very good with the kids as well.

Description of Work
He is our pediatrics dentist.

12/09/2011

Lisa M.

He is really good. He is excellent with children and provides a great environment for the kids. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
I have been taking my children to him for 5 years for general dentistry needs.

05/16/2011

Linda W.

My kids love going to the dentist. He is just wonderful. One of my kids had lot of work done on her mouth from the time she was a little girl. She loves him the most and she looks the doctor like he is a rock star. It's easy to schedule appointments. They work well and very relaxed. They are always on time. They have a wide drive appointments open like morning, noon, evening and weekends as well.

Description of Work
Gary Kramer is my kid's pediatrician and I took my kids to him in May.

10/13/2010

Lynn M.

We love him. My daughter's teeth were not in the best of conditions when she started seeing him. He gave her really good care, and now she's gone about 7 years without a single cavity.

Description of Work
My daughter sees her for pediatric dental care.

06/16/2009

Kathleen B.

His office staff is confident. He has a kid friendly waiting room. When you walk in he is just very informative, he educates, takes his time, talks to you and cleans the child's teeth himself. He accepts military insurance.

Description of Work
He is our son's pediatric dentist.

05/08/2009

Lisa I.

We were referred to him by our general dentist because my daughter was too scared to sit at the chair at the regular dentist. Dr. Kramer, because he's a pediatric dentist, was able to give her some medication to relax her and make her more comfortable. It's a very child friendly environment and the parents are allowed to come back with their children during their procedures. All of the equipment here is sized for children, so it's a more comfortable environment for them. I will continue to take my children here for their dental needs.

Description of Work
Two of my children go here to see Gary Kramer, he is their pediatric dentist. My oldest child has gone here for about eight years.

01/02/2009

Sharon D.

He's very child-friendly. He does a complete and thorough job.

Description of Work
My children see him bi-annually for cleanings and examinations.

12/30/2008

Charlotte A.

He is very kid friendly and educates us and my children about their teeth and where he sees their teeth going in the future. He foreshadows what he thinks is going to transpire giving us a heads up in preparing for what our kids are going to need. He and all of his staff are wonderful!

Description of Work
He was my dentist when I was a kid and now he is my children's dentist.

10/06/2008

susan T.

Dr. Kramer's office is so child friendly. My kids look forward to going. He and his staff are all very patient and make the children feel comfortable. Dr. Kramer does not do any unnecessary work.

Description of Work
Annual check up for 7 year old.

09/29/2008

ADELE C.

We are very happy with Dr. Kramer. The prices seem to be reasonable and they work with our insurance company. He has a lot of experience handling children with different temperaments. He is very good about putting children at ease. He is an excellent dentist. I will continue to go there in the future and would recommend him to others.

Description of Work
I take my daughter there for general dentistry.

06/24/2008

Pauline C.

We are really happy with him. It is extremely rare that they run late--they always take you on time for appointments. He is great with kids, and even kids who are afraid of the dentist do great with him!

Description of Work
We have been using him for pediatric dentistry for around 12 years.

06/06/2008

HOWARD M.

I thought it was a very good experience. My son is very nervous about having fillings done, so the dentist used the laughing gas and my son was fine. This was the second time that we have been to him. Both experiences were good ones. His bedside manner is not the typical pediatric dentist. He is very straightforward.

Description of Work
A tooth with a molar was sealed and we also had a filling done. This was for my son.

04/28/2008

Andrea M.

I called, spoke with, and visited three different pediatric dental offices during our search. The staff at Dr. Kramer's office really impressed me with how friendly and organized they are. All three of our children feel so welcome, they love going and hate to leave. You can tell the team has been doing this for a long time, and have their efficient routines perfected. The waiting and treatment areas are very kid-friendly. There is a play house for the little ones, an arcade game and fun kids videos, not to mention toys, books and magazines. Then of course there are the classic treats of new (glow in the dark) toothbrushes, stickers and a trip to the treasure chest where the talking teeth surprise with encouraging dental phrases. Dr. Kramer has a great rapport with the kids -- he connects with and talks with them respectfully as a coach would. He is an excellent educator beginning with diet information and finishing with practical dental techniques. He is gentle, speedy and very knowledgeable. As a military family who has to choose new dentists every couple of years, we highly recommend Dr. Gary Kramer.

Description of Work
Dr. Kramer and his staff have seen our three children for cleanings, examinations and x-rays over the last two years. These treatments are covered by our insurance with no co-pay.

GentleCare Dentistry

Welcome to GentleCare Dentistry, the office of David L. Anthony, DDS. We are a full service dental office located in the heart of Germantown, Maryland, offering the highest quality dentistry for all ages! At GentleCare Dentistry, patient care and comfort is our main concern. We have designed our office so that you will have a warm and welcoming experience each time you visit us. We are pleased to offer state-of-the art dentistry in a modern environment Worried About Your Smile? We Can Help. We offer comprehensive dental care for all ages, whether you are looking for routine care, cosmetic improvement, or an end to chronic discomfort. Call us today for a complimentary smile consultation. Get Results Now! Give Us A Call! Care Credit Financing

Sorkin, Dr. Andrew J.

Providing quality dentistry in your community for over 35 years! Welcome to our practice! Drs. Andrew Sorkin and Mark Wallace are passionate about providing the highest quality dental care in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. We take the time to get to know you and your family. Our staff prides itself on building lasting connections with our patients. We see you as a part of our extended family, and want you to look forward to each visit as much as we do. Award winning. http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public, https://aaeecom.aae.org/aaeeweb/FindENDO/Find_Endodontistabe.aspx, http://www.americanboardortho.com/public, http://www.perio.org/amboard/search/index.html, http://www.prosthodontics.org/abp/locate.asp.There is 2 doctors at this site. To see if a provider is board certified, visit abgd.org.

Dentistry - Pediatrics