Canine Performance

Founded 1987 • With Angi since November 2012

Washington Blvd

Arlington, VA 22201

ABOUT US Established in 1983, Canine Performance is a family owned and operated canine service company known for dog training, walking, pet sitting, pet taxi services, as well as a remarkable cage-free home boarding facility. OUR MISSION Our mission is to provide the best quality care for your pet. We strive to be the most dependable and accessible service in the Northern Virginia area and will go the extra distance to give you exactly what you’re looking for in pet care. OUR THEORY Our theory behind that is simple- we’re pet owners too! Whether you need to add an extra daily dog walk or booking a last minute boarding reservation- we’ve got your tail covered!...

05/26/2014

David L.

Lisa really knows a lot about dogs and established a good rapport with them immediately. She was also very careful to note and follow our instructions regarding their feeding, etc. When we returned they were in good spirits so we knew they were well taken care of.

Description of Work
Lisa cared for our dogs while we were out of town.

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

04/29/2014

Ron B.

We finally had our day in court, with the judge finding Lisa guilty of not walking the dog on at least two occasions, and awarding us $150 in damages.

Description of Work
I would highly discourage anyone who is considering using CaninePerformance from hiring Lisa and her crew. We had found her through a Craigslist ad, and read the yelp reviews, which appeared to be generally positive. However, you’ll note there are one or two other reviews that have specific instances eerily similar to ours. Interestingly enough, we had another friend contact us stating that a dog owner in their building had a similar issue last month. I've copied and pasted the email from him below: I know that they were bringing Vincent's food into his crate (in our bedroom) and we have at least four different walkers in our home without being told before hand. Lisa voided our contract with less than 24 hours, due to how "aggressive" our french bulldog was being to her new dog walker (who again was not vetted through me). luckily, I was in the red 8 bucks, so she just left the key's and went on her way. I also noted on several occasions that I would leave late (after 10:30-11am) and the walkers note would state they came at that time. And, twice a friend was using my second bedroom as an office (but not enough consistency to cancel walks) and he would not they would only come for the afternoon (we paid for 2x walks). I have no support documentation or anything to vet my claims, but we were starting to get concerned. Luckily she broke up with us first. Now back to my review. We had hired Lisa to walk our new puppy about four months ago, and when she came out, she stated that the appointment time didn’t start until she or a staff member arrived, so that a 30 minute visit was just that. She also stated that since she lived about a mile away she would be the one handling the dog unless there was a scheduling problem. We believed things were going well the first month (we think), but there were some scheduling issues. I had printed off a schedule for Lisa with the days we needed someone to come to the house, and I had also texted her the same, but yet one morning I received a message asking again about the schedule which apparently didn’t make it over to her. The more serious issue was that after two months, we heard from neighbors that Lisa (or whoever was walking our dog which was only supposed to be one other person according to our initial visit) seemed to be in and out of the house pretty quickly. We didn’t think much of it, until my girlfriend was home one day not feeling well, and heard the dog walker come in, heard what she thought was food being dumped back into his food container, and then head back out the door, all in a matter of about 3 minutes. Didn’t sound like anyone had even approached the crate and let the dog out. Being as she wasn’t feeling great that day, we thought that perhaps she missed something or heard incorrectly (despite living in a townhouse with hardwood floors and being in the lower level and being able to clearly hear footsteps). But strangely enough when my girlfriend let the dog out, he peed right away. This was enough to arouse suspicion but I didn’t say anything because I figured it was a fluke. About three weeks later, I decided to take off a day and see how the visit went, again, remaining downstairs. I heard the dog walker come into the house, feed the dog, and then take him for a walk. Great, I was hoping that the earlier issue just a mistake. However, about 2 minutes later, the dog walker came in, returned the dog to his crate, and took off. Total time of visit was about 8 minutes. We decided that the following workday my girlfriend would stay home and monitor things. Sure enough, after waiting 45 minutes beyond our appointment window (11:30-12:30) Lisa arrived at 1:15, came in the door, tossed the food back into the container, and left. Did not even approach the crate, did not let the dog out to pee, nothing. She then had the audacity to leave a note on the counter (as usual) stating our dog had peed and pooped during his walk. Can you even believe that? My girlfriend immediately confronted Lisa in her car the parking lot, and Lisa said oh, I was just texting your boyfriend to let him know that because your dog has kennel cough we didn’t walk him. Nice try, but I informed Lisa that he had kennel cough in two different text message discussions 10 days prior with her texting me asking “how is he doing, we’ve been thinking of him.” If she was not walking him for some reason, that would have been a good reason to say so. But suddenly when she gets caught stealing our money and neglecting our dog, she suddenly decides that she was going to send me a text message? Not walking him outside would be one thing, but she dumped his food, didn’t let him get a drink, didn’t let him out to pee, nothing. It’s pretty sickening that people like her are out there in business. She was fired on the spot, and asked to turn over our keys, which she did. She then called me at work and tried to rationalize her behavior saying that if he has kennel cough its easily transmittable hence why he wasn’t walked. Sure, amongst dogs it is transmittable, and I would have had no problem if you let him pee out back and fed him and played inside for a bit or anything like that. There is a sink in the kitchen, wash your hands and everything would be fine. I asked her why she left me a note saying he pooped and peed when he wasn’t even out of his crate. She was well I had another dog in the car and was maybe going to come back later that afternoon. Really? So then why did you leave a note saying he was out already?

Category pet sitters,dog walkers

03/31/2014

Christopher R.

Everything was excellent. The best way to tell how things went is how Jackson reacts to the walkers and how he acts when I get home. It's clearly evident he's in good hands while I'm away and that is all a dog owner can ask for.

Description of Work
They visited my lab, Jackson, at home three times a day while I was away. I prefer he stay at home or with friends when he can't be at home. Too many times, kennels have mistreated him or he's come home with strange symptoms and I had enough. Canine Performance will visit him at home when I'm away for short periods of time.

Category dog walkers

Hi [removed member name]! Thank you for your fantastic review of Canine Performance! We're very happy to hear that we could offer you such piece of mind while away. As a dog owner, it's always a great feeling to know that your pup is comfortable, happy, and enjoying himself. We look forward to many more visits with Jackson in the future. As always- let us know if you or Jackson need anything!

03/06/2013

Emily B.

I love Lisa, but maybe even more important - so does my dog! Lisa is wonderful with dogs and she is always professional, flexible, dependable, and kind. She will go out of her way to be helpful in any way, (she recently came over and locked the door when we forgot to lock it before leaving town). Lisa both walks and boards my dog for me, and I can't recommend her highly enough!

Description of Work
Dog Walking Dog Boarding

Category pet sitters,kennels,dog walkers

RUDY'S FRIENDS DOG TRAINING INC

SUPER SERVICE WINNER IN 2014, 2015, & 2016. Private training and small group classes. Located at Pet Valu in the Pan Am Shopping Center. Classes include: Puppy Manners-under 5 months. Basic Manners Made Easy: over 5 months. Manners II includes CGC testing. Advanced Manners includes Community CGC testing. K9 Detection Work/Find It. Free dog safety classes for children. Raising non-aggressive dogs with babies

Dog Walking
    Animal & House Sitting
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    Completely FREE Meet & Greet!
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Financing Available, American Express, Discover

Canine Performance is family owned and operated canine service company known for dog walking, dog training, pet sitting, pet-taxi services, as well as a remarkable cage-free home boarding facility. Canine Performance is the area’s largest and most trusted provider of professional dog training, pet sitting and dog walking services, serving numerous pets and pet owners in the Northern Virginia area.