Two Marines Moving

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2008

Our team at Two Marines Moving knows a thing or two about service. We've served our country and now we serve our community. It would be our pleasure to serve you! When you hire our staff of motivated movers you can expect punctuality, professionalism, and proficiency. We take pride in our selective hiring process, extensive training program, and maintaining the highest standards in our industry. If you're looking for a first-class moving experience, you've come to the right place. That's why 40,000+ clients have trusted our team to take care of them and their most valuable (and heaviest) possessions. Whether it's a simple local moving operation or complex long distance move involving our Valet Storage services, you're in good hands with Two Marines Moving. Contact one of our moving consultants today to learn more about our award-winning moving services and to find out how our team can best serve you! Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

movers (610)storage unit (21)piano movers (15)hauling (19)professional organizers (2)

07/13/2022

George A.

My wife hired Two Marines to move 9 pieces of furniture (three were rather heavy), a washer and dryer (that was only being off loaded into the garage) and 15 medium boxes on a local move on a Friday. The estimate was for a crew of 3 for 4 hours. When all was said and done she was charged for 7.5 hours and a bill nearly $1000 higher than estimated. In our many moves of our household goods, weighing between 18,000-20,000 lbs. they have typically been off loaded in 10-12 hours with a crew of 4/5. The crew was very nice and polite. The issue was the apparent lack of motivation. My wife called me to vent her frustration more than once during the day, describing a team that moved very slow, lots of standing around and long periods of “thinking about how to do things.” I arrived at the very end of the day and personally witnessed the crew lead putting feet on a couch and the rest of the crew sitting in the truck while the washer and dryer (the last items on the truck) were still waiting to be off loaded to the garage. My wife asked the crew chief if there was any reason his team could not unload the last two items on the truck while he did that. Her description was that this was how the entire day went. Being military and moving more than 15 times, my wife has seen her fair share of good and bad work, but I have never seen her this distressed, especially given the small number of items. It was so obvious, that a staff member from another company doing unrelated work at our new house described to me how very distressed she appeared upon his arrival. Then there was the damage. The furniture was wrapped well for the approx. 15 mile drive and we would not worry about a few dings in the wall or a scratch or two on the floors, except for all the other issues which just magnified the number of small points of damage done, to include one piece of furniture that has multiple dings and a cracked leg, despite the crew chief telling the team not to move it upside down because of “the crown.” However, they did it anyway and the “crown” was damaged. When my wife showed me the bill after the team left, I called the company. This is where the real frustration began. The dispatch explained to me that it took 7.5 hours so that was the charge. I explained the pace, damage and extreme variance to the estimate and he said the supervisor was gone for the day but he would have him call me on Saturday (the next day). After hearing nothing, on Saturday afternoon I called back and was told that the supervisor was having a busy day and didn’t have time to talk to me, but he could call me Monday. On Monday I received no call. On Tuesday at approximately 1130 I called back and was told by the dispatcher that he would contact the supervisor and see what he could do. After receiving no call back, I tried calling the main HQ line but it rang twice and then cut out-both the Virginia and DC lines, multiple times. I then left a message with the Director of Operations, followed by calling back the Virginia main line, finally getting through, but the very nice woman on the phone explained that the supervisor was out and her computer was not working so she could not look up my wife’s order, but would get the details and discuss it with her supervisor and someone would get back to me. After receiving no response again, in late March, I sent a draft of this review to the CEO and also received no response as of the time of posting. I made an additional attempt to contact Two Marines 48 hours after calling and sending the letter to the CEO and the (again very nice) woman on the phone told me that her supervisor had not responded to her email, but she would try again. I contacted their claims section via their email asking how to file the claim and they responded promptly with the website. I submitted the claim via their online application. However, it does not provide a confirmation that the claim was received. I called multiple times in order to confirm receipt of the claim and received no response to messages or emails. Claims and management are separate operations. I continued to call every 2-3 days not receiving any call backs, despite the same response each time that I will get a call back the next business day. On 1 April, I spoke to a different woman who said she did not have access to my files but would email me the operations manager’s contact information immediately and she would have him call me on Monday. She confirmed my email and my phone number. When I received no email in three hours I called back and spoke to someone else who confirmed the same, and then did send me the email. I sent an email requesting the status of my claim to the operations manager and as of 6 April had received no response, either by phone or email. I continued to call frequently, occasionally getting someone on the phone, but never had any return calls from the messages left. On 3 May I got through and spoke to Cory, who stated he had “never heard any of this,” and would “pull the file, look into it and call me back in a couple of hours.” No call received. I have have made dozens of calls over a period of Months. After talking with claims multiple times, and being told they would come repair the damage, on 5 May, at approximately 8:30 am I got a call from the repair team about coming over, but they were told they were cleaning the floors. I explained it was repairing floors and wall. He said he would have to talk to his dispatcher and call me back. He did call back and said he would have to come assess, as dispatch had not been able to tell him what the issues are- despite our sending pictures. He eventually called back and said they were just going to pay the $600 (max per the insurance agreement). It then took several calls and emails to get the check actually dispatched. So, the claims side did eventually complete their part and according to one very nice employee, had added new staff, but were “overwhelmed with claims.” I continued to call but never again got through to a live person and as of mid-July, I continue to wait on any kind of call back from management. I sent another email to both the CEO and chief of operations, with no response. The customer should not have to do this much work to talk to someone. I understand that sometimes things take longer than expected, and there were stairs involved, but this was such a gross underestimation, coupled with poor service, an abysmal leadership response and an appearance that company policy is to ignore complaints and hope they go away, that I cannot recommend this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Small local move

Work Completed On 03/18/2022

06/01/2022

Elizabeth S.

Amazing job! Our five bedroom house was loaded and unloaded quickly, carefully transported over three days, nothing damaged. Assembled all the furniture, moved pieces around, cleaned up perfectly. We couldn’t have asked for a smoother long-distance move. Punctual, efficient, friendly.

Description of Work
Moved from PA to AL

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

02/08/2022

Anthony S.

I am so disappointed and angry with this veteran owned company. I had a decent experience with Two Marines in 2019 when I hired them to help offload a truck from a DITY move. I hired them in 2022 when I moved off base to a house we purchased. I was quoted 3 movers for 3 hours to do the job and $1015. I have a 3 bedroom. The DAY BEFORE the move they called to tell me that the person who gave me the quote was “a problem and no longer with the company” and my move would actually take longer and be more expensive. Because I had to vacate my on base house, I had no choice but to keep these movers. They offered to add two additional movers and the 3 mover rate which I appreciated. The day of the move they were scheduled to start at 9 and showed up 30 minutes late and non of them were able to get on base so I had to go through the sponsorship process and we didn’t get to my house until 10:45. One of them stunk of weed and I’m surprised he got on. These were the slowest movers I’ve ever seen. There was no hustle, not urgency, nothing. It took them 5 hours to load my 3 bedroom house on a 26 foot truck. It was about a 30 minute drive to the new house and took an additional 2 hours to offload. At that point my wife and kids were home and our new house was a disaster of boxes and unwrapped furniture everywhere. I had to get my 3 and 5 r old kids bedrooms ready for them to go to bed as they were finishing offloading at 7pm. All in all it took 10 hours of my day. They busted a hole in the hallway drywall at my old house, broke plates and bowls, dropped my cloth headboard on the wet, rainy driveway, broke glasses, busted the corner of my fully wrapped nightstand, and broke the cup holders off my peloton. Hire at your own risk but know you will not get what you’re quoted. My final bill was 1000 more than I was quoted. Next step is a call to the BBB.

Description of Work
Three bedroom house move

Category hauling services, moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 02/03/2022

08/07/2021

K B.

Am impressed w/"Two Marines Moving"!! From 1st contact thru move completion, the company & all personnel I came in contact with presented a professional organized organization. I was definitely impressed!! Even w/a short notice move window they were able to meet date requested & complete the move. One day out, rep called & went thru checklist to make sure all points & info was correct - EXCELLENT!! On move day team lead ck'd in 1st thing to confirm all details - made me aware of computer outage putting a possible glitch in day's agenda. Even though team arrived 45min later than scheduled they worked together efficiently & made the moving window(elevator res) & then delivered load on time. Load was a split delivery w/majority off loaded at a storage unit & rest at 3rd floor apt - having no elevator presented no problem!! The 3-man team worked well together under the expert leadership of team lead "Will" - they were an effective team & they presented good work ethics. I would highly recommend "Two Marines Moving" & would also recommend the move team I had - they were excellent!!!! Tks Will !!!!!

Description of Work
Short notice move of heavy furniture

Category hauling services, moving companies, storage units

Work Completed On 06/23/2021

08/01/2021

Heather M.

I recently moved to the DC area from the west coast. I had a horrible experience with a long distance move company. Last week, I moved all my items from a household and storage unit to my permanent residence. I needed a respectable and well known moving company to do the job. I wanted to avoid what had happen in my previous move. Therefore, I did my research and I found this particular moving company ( Two Marines Moving) . It was an extremely different experience. The crew showed up on time, with a positive attitude, wearing a professional uniform and ready to put in the work. They were extremely accommodating, understanding, respectful, and patient. I wasn’t sure where to put certain items in my house. They understood and were able to multitask while I decided. The price point was remarkably reasonable. I would 100% recommend this company to anyone making a move. I feel other companies could learn from this company regarding respecting clients and team work ethic. Thank you again Fennell, Whitshire and Harlow

Description of Work
Moving company

Category hauling services, moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

07/15/2021

Jill M.

Chris, Brenden, and Q were AMAZING!!! So professional, extremely hard working, and got the job done right, fast, and efficiently. Thank you to this awesome crew of men, and to Two Marines Moving for providing a valuable service.

Description of Work
Off load moving Pods

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

07/13/2021

Charlotte P.

We hired Two Marines Moving and could not have been more pleased with them! They arrived on time, were extremely courteous and professional, and they lived up to the high standards they advertised. Moreover, the price was very fair for the amount of time they were there. I really appreciated that they called a few days before the move to confirm the details and see if we needed any additional labor or packing supplies. I was most impressed in that they were more than capable of moving our large, upright piano for a reasonable price. Other moving companies refused to move it, but TMM moved it with such careful precision that we didn't even need to spend money hire a piano tuner after the move (and if you own a piano, you know how crucial this is!). TMM also moved a massive queen-sized wooden futon with a matching futon-style chair - they carefully took both pieces apart but what was most impressive is that they it all back together again absolutely perfectly. In addition to moving these extremely large pieces, they also carefully moved a Nordic elliptical and multiple expensive, heavy pieces with zero damage. What really stood out to me, though, was that after they were off the clock, they took the time to speak to my elderly Marine father about life in the military. I think the majority of the people they hire is military, and we were fortunate enough that our entire crew was military. It was quite evident that the crew understood the importance of customer service, as they treated my dad and my property with the upmost respect. I've had other moves in Florida where crews have left packing supplies and food behind, but the TMM crew was so clean and tidy! I've recommended them to multiple friends, and no one I know has had any issues. I'm not looking forward to moving again, but when I do, I look forward to hiring them again!

Description of Work
Local move from 3-story house to 3-story townhouse

Category moving companies, piano moving

Work Completed On 08/01/2014

06/28/2021

Ron S.

If asked to describe my move in one word, it would be FLAWLESS! My contact with 2 Marines Moving was Tony Caffarelli and he was courteous, thoughtful and insightful of the business. The afternoon before the move, two guys packed everything using their own supplies. The packing was done within a 3 hour period... The next morning the movers showed up on time, loaded the truck and then drove to my new location. They were polite, joyous and efficient. The difficulty was in my garage; there is insufficient height clearance for a moving truck to enter and the building has no elevator or loading dock. The men moved everything up three flights of stairs in very hot weather and they did a magnificent job. Nothing was chipped, including valuable porcelain ceramic art. custom made in Italy, that was inherited from great grandmother. No damage to anything. Would I use this 2 Marines Moving again, without question! Will I refer this company to friends and business, absolutely... All done with a very reasonable competitive price. Feel free to email me with any questions about 2 Marines Moving; ronsimeone@@gmail.com.

Description of Work
Full service... packing and moving

Work Completed On 06/25/2021

06/17/2021

Colleen M.

I am so disappointed to be writing this review because Two Marines has been my ‘go to’ for moving since 2010. They have always been reliable and responsive. But this move has been another story. While the on-site crew was great and the person who booked my service as well, clearly there are issues with management. My move was a long distance move. The plan set two months ago and reiterated by Two Marines a few days before my move was for the crew to drive to NYC (where I was moving) the night before my move to avoid traffic, having their team be exhausted and also limited hours to use the elevator in my building in NYC. The morning of the move-in, the lead mover called me T 6:30 am to say they were en route from DC. The planned move-in time was 9 am. They didn’t arrive until after 12 pm. The team said they didn’t know why management changed the plan. My point of contact who booked my service didn’t know either. Then someone called me from Two Marines as I was demanding to know what happened and HE didn’t know. I asked for someone to please call me back who did know and … nothing. It gets worse … when they ‘re-packed’ the truck after loading things up at my apartment in DC apparently they forgot the hardware to put together my two beds. The team said the warehouse in DC would overnight the hardware and contract someone to put the beds together. Over 24 hours later, no one I’ve dealt with at Two Marines knows what the plan is or where the hardware is. Just awful. Also, one of my boxes is missing and no one seems to know where that is either. I feel bad for the public-facing Staff I dealt with because their managers aren’t giving them info. Since no one in management has yet to explain the time change for my move or where the hardware is for my beds and the plan or the missing boxes, I hope they read this and someone calls me. BY THE WAY, they took full payment yesterday without even a call from management to explain why the plan changed or to account for a plan for the missing hardware and assembling the beds. I hired Two Marines because in previous moves, they removed the stress of moving. This time, they added to it — the management and their lack of responsiveness and accountability. Outrageous.

Description of Work
Long distance move

Work Completed On 06/16/2021

01/07/2021

Kristina G.

Never use Two Marines Moving. Once they are paid in full, there is zero customer service. We knew we were paying a premium price, but we thought we would be getting superior service while supporting a veteran owned business. Our move was significantly more than the estimate. The crew showed blatant disrespect for our belongings and caused a lot of damage. 1 member of the crew kept disappearing and improperly packing, which caused the move to take much more time that we were charged for. Given the egregiousness of this crew member, I assumed Two Marines Moving would want to resolve this immediately. That was not the case at all. I was simply told to fill out a claim and ignored. This is by far the worst experience I have had with a moving company.

Description of Work
In State Move

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

10/19/2020

APOORVA APPY DESIGNS V.

I have been going back and forth with the company that sold me the dresser. They drove out the dresser from NY and when they arrived told me they didn't have enough people to move it to the second floor. So they moved it to my garage where it sat for almost 2 months. The company told me they would cover the cost to have someone local come out and move the dresser for me, a nice gustier. Unfortunately every company I called told me the dresser was too heavy and expensive for them to even try to move it for me. I was about to give up hope until one of the companies I called referred me to two marines moving. After talking with them I had a crew come out. They came out assets the situation then the crew leader explained to me what they were going to do while the rest of the crew put protection on my floors, walls, boors, and my stair railings. 1 hour later my dresser was exactly where I wanted it!

Description of Work
I needed a 460 lbs antique dresser moved from my outside garage to my second floor bedroom.

Category moving companies, home & garage organization

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

07/03/2020

Jeff W.

Don’t use TWO MARINES MOVING, they are terrible! This company doesn’t have standards what so ever, they broke, damaged multiple items, our personal property along with the walls, floors and doors in our new home. They have an insurance option which we purchase the 10,000.00 since we have AUTHENTIC SIGN SPORTS MEMORABILIA and to find out your not purchasing insurance through a third party insurance, it’s their in house insurance and come to find out it covers absolutely nothing (i.e) since they personally evaluate the claim and make you a ridiculous offer of $150.00 dollars which wouldn’t even cover the reframing of just one of multiple items they broke. So to save you a lot of frustration and headaches use someone else. We have been going back and fourth with them since April 15, 2020 and still to date nothing is resolved. In addition, they will give you a 25.00 dollar credit for military, that doesn’t cover anything that they broke destroyed. We had our deceased daughters items packed away for her children in storage bins and what they did for every bin that broke as I was putting stuff away they were taking the bins out to the truck and putting the bins that broke into them, SO NEEDLESS TO SAY OUR DAUGHTERS STUFF WAS PUT IN BINS MARKED GARAGE OR BATHROOM and her personal items were missing RAYBANDS and La Costa glasses in addition my husbands glasses were missing my glasses were missing signed sports stuff were missing. It’s not a good company to deal with and trust me the reviews are true, I’m surprised a class action lawsuit hasn’t been brought against them it only takes a few people to do so. By the way my husband is a disabled Veteran and I’m a cancer patient and let me tell you this they treat you like CRAP save your money go with a company that has Excellent reviews as far as customer service returns your calls and assist you, because you won’t get this from them. In addition they are polite when they want your business but after that your screwed. They have NO HONOR FOR ANY MILITARY WHATSOEVER nor do they have any values. The best for you is to STAY AWAY... IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY AND HEADACHES IN THE LONG RUN!

Description of Work
Moving services

Work Completed On 04/15/2020

06/08/2020

Linda A.

They were terrific. They did a fantastic job and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They moved me to a different state.

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

08/15/2019

Louis P.

To Whom It May Concern: In February 2015 my wife and I hired Two Marines Moving for our local move to our new home in Springfield. We were quite pleased with the Two Marines Moving's crew professionalism and care in 2015 move. We are remodeling our Springfield home and needed the refrigerator and gas range moved to the garage along with several items moved up from the basement, so we chose Two Marines Moving based on our previous experience. That was a terrible mistake. We will not hire Two Marines again, and recommend to our friends that they chose another mover when the need arises. I scheduled a 2 p.m. appointment. The crew arrived at 2:57 p.m. I understand delays, and your firm called me at 2:27 p.m. and advised me that the crew would arrive in a few minutes. The crew brought an appliance dolly with which to move the refrigerator and range. The refrigerator's size requires one individual to steer and one to guide. The crew members clearly were unfamiliar with the proper use of an appliance dolly. They placed the load strap over the refrigerator handles. I stopped them and advised them that placing the load strap over the handles would likely bend the handles. They reconfigured the load strap under the handles. I have relocated many times since 1977, moving myself nearly every time, and used an appliance dolly literally hundreds of times to move appliances and other furniture. The first rule of appliance dolly safety- the strap must be as tight as possible. The second rule- always walk the appliance dolly down the steps, never walk a dolly with the appliance up higher than the user. Never. Yesterday your crew broke these rules repeatedly, endangering their personal safety. The crew did not examine the refrigerator interior before moving the unit, nor did they examine the top of the refrigerator before tilting it on the dolly, as the refrigerator top stood above eye level. I had emptied the refrigerator and cleared the top, but the appliance mover has a duty to check these items before moving any appliance. The path from the kitchen to the garage required the movers to lower the appliance down two steps into the family room and through a sliding door, onto a patio, and then walk the dolly to the garage. The crew placed the refrigerator on the dolly, and one crew member proceeded to lead the dolly down the steps. The refrigerator, a GE Model # GFE29HSDSS, weights 390 pounds! The crew member nearly lost the refrigerator as in the down position all the weight was on his arms. He bounced the refrigerator down both steps! When moving the range they did the same, except this time they did not tighten the load strap securely, and again they bounced the range down the steps. This time, however, the range lifted with the load strap slack and the range side landed on the appliance dolly steel lip, badly denting the side of the range. The range should not have been loaded on the side, rather than from the back. When the crew moved the range from the front, instead of walking it safely down the steps, the unit tilted downwards, and the entire burner, grate, and burner cover assembly fell unto the floor. One burner cover landed near a crew member. He KICKED it across the room, hitting the wall! Yes, I refused to sign the papers at the end. I will print this email, attach a check for $68, and mail it to your corporate headquarters. I keep my word, unlike your company. To send untrained and unprofessional crew members to a job amazes me- the cost of your reputation far outweighs the pecuniary value of this job. The job ended at approximately 3:20. I had others items I needed moved, but not by this crew of clowns. Yet the crew sat in their van in my driveway until 4 p.m. As the crew and I exchanged words when I refused to sign the papers, I was concerned that the crew remained in my driveway for less than professional reasons. The sight of the damage to her range sickened my wife. Thank you. PS- Eight months later, TMM has refused to pay for the damages to the range.

Description of Work
Moving appliances

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

11/24/2018

Dr B.

Headline pretty much says it all. Did an online quote request through AL, never heard back.

Description of Work
Requested Quote For Moving - No Response

Work Completed On 10/24/2018

09/05/2018

Eric S.

It was excellent. Professional team. Very happy with results.

Description of Work
Move from a townhouse to a single family home

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

08/28/2018

ROEL M.

Awesome! All went well-would highly recommend this veteran owned company, the movers-all veterans are friendly and efficient! the communication received from the quote to the final unpack was top notch-couldn't have asked for anything better. I will use them on my next move for sure and you should too.

Description of Work
PACKING, STORAGE, AND UNPACKING

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

06/11/2018

Giovanna S.

Arrived on-time, worked hard, completed job professionally.

Description of Work
Move furniture

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

04/12/2018

Nancy M.

Andrew Sajdera was very professional and kind; however, I did contact this company in February and did not hear back until now. I received a quote today from Annandale, Va. to Fort Myers, Florida for over $8,000 to move and store a sofa, a double sized mattress/boxspring, small drop leaf table, 2 dining chairs and my household things which are not much. When received the quote, I called him to say he had sent me the incorrect quote because the address was not mine. Well, it was the correct quote and the address was their warehouse. I asked him why he was triple the price of 2 other companies and was told that he would be sending just my things on the truck to Fort Myers. I will not be using them.

Description of Work
wanted to move less than a one bedroom to Fort Myers, Florida with several months in storage

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

01/03/2018

Ava H.

Wonderful. Followed up at every step of the job. Best price and responsiveness (half the price of 1800GotJunk and had big truck and pads, etc.). Even had flexibility to change ultimate destination when charity donating items to backed out at last minute. Total pros.

Description of Work
Moved an office

Work Completed On 11/29/2017

09/21/2017

nancy J.

Very nice. Quickly and efficiently completed. Very quick to respond!!

Description of Work
Moved heavy furniture up a flight of stairs.

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

05/05/2017

Coleen B.

The team was excellent, completely professional and actually arrived early after first calling ahead to confirm that would be okay. Would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
I hired Two Marines for a move from Arlington to Falls Church.