The Physical Therapy Zone

Founded 2011 • With Angi since November 2011

127A North Washington Street

Alexandria, VA 22314

A new physical therapy clinic located in historic Old Town Alexandria on the corner of Washington Street and King Street. 15 years of physical therapy experience providing one-on-one hands on care for the evaluation and treatment of a multitude of conditions....

04/26/2018

Donna M.

I went for treatment for about 2 months, mostly 2 times, sometimes once a week. I did physical exercises at the facility that were very helpful and instructions on how to do some of them at home. I also received laser and electric stimulation treatments. At discharge, my problem was 98% effectively treated. I have no more pain and have regained mobility in my right arm. The staff at Physical Zone are friendly, personable, and very knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to go there for treatment.

Description of Work
I needed help for a rotater cuff problem.

Category physical therapist

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your positive review. It was great working with you! Best, Lori

01/20/2016

Josh F.

Lori is a true professional, and she's very good at what she does. Doesn't BS and doesn't bring you in for unnecessary visits. Takes my insurance, and is very convenient with my work schedule. A+ service.

Description of Work
I have been going to Lori at PTZ for a few months for shoulder rehab.

06/16/2014

Margaret S.

Lori is terrific. She explains everything she does and how each aspect of therapy strengthens and improves the injured area. After two sessions with Lori, there was a marked decrease in pain and increase in my mobility. She is very knowledgable and empathetic. I am so grateful For Lori's help. After weeks of sleepless nights, was finally able to get rest.

Description of Work
Severe pain in right shoulder caused me to stop using my right arm, which resulted in "frozen shoulder." During my first visit with Lori, she looked at my shoulder and said she was confident that I had torn my rotator cuff. She called the Anderson Orthopedic a Clinic in Arlington and was able to get an appointment for me within several days. After ordering and reviewing my MRI, the doctor found three deep tears in my rotator cuff. I saw Lori twice a week before surgery and her treatment alleviated much of my pain. She is very engaged with all her patients and effective in helping me manage pain. She gave me exercises that I perform twice daily that help me maintain my mobility as best that can be. After I have my surgery, I will go back to her.

Category physical therapist

Hi [member name removed], Thank you so much for your review. It was great working with you. I hope you are recovering well from surgery. I look forward to seeing you again soon after your immobilization is over. Best, Lori

03/17/2014

David K.

She's an excellent communicator. She's about getting her patients better. Since she's a solo practitioner, you are the only patient she's seeing at a time and you get all attention and care that you need. She has an excellent followup. She even located a podiatrist for me to assist with my feet. I really felt she went above and beyond.

Description of Work
I see Lori Alexander at The Physical Therapy Zone as my physical therapist.

Category physical therapist

Thank you (Member name removed) for your review. It was a great pleasure working with you! I wish you the best in all you do. Sincerely, Lori

12/26/2013

Larry T.

I have used Physical Therapist from Maine to Alaska over the last 25 years. I only had a one on one experience with the one in Camden, Maine. Lori Alexander gives her patients a one on one experience every visit for the full hour. I have had a rotor cuff operation and four back operations so have used upwards of 30 different Physical Therapist. Most of the PT offices were associated and owned by my treating Physician and the Physical Therapist handled several patients at the same time. I feel extremely lucky to have found Lori when she opened her own practice in Old Town a few years ago. Larry Thomas 1200 Braddock Place #411 Alexandria, VA. 22314 703-535-6922

Description of Work
Cervical pain and balance

Category physical therapist

Thank you [member name removed] for you wonderful review and kind words. I appreciate the time you took to fill out the review form. I am so happy that you chose my clinic and I wish you the best in all that you do. Lori

12/26/2013

Larry T.

I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s by Dr. Rhanni N. Herzfeld more than two years ago. I sustained a serious fall November 18, 2012. I have seen Lori Alexandria MSPT twice a week for the past year. I still have to use a walker but she has enriched my life during my treatment at The Physical Therapy Zone. I have had individual treatment for a full hour each session. She has given me encouragement and praise along with my therapy. James D. Winslow (Partner of Larry Thomas) 1200 Braddock Place #411 Alexandria, VA. 22314 703-535-6922

Description of Work
Parkinson's and brain damage for a fall on 11-18-2012

Category physical therapist

Thank you [member name removed] for your wonderful, kind review. It has been a pleasure to work with you. I am so grateful that you have chosen my clinic. Best, Lori

05/02/2013

Reba R.

Lori Alexander, the owner, has been great to work with and has worked with my schedule. She is very professional and caring. She has made a great difference. She advised me to get elbow braces and it has made a great difference. A friend said her therapist had great hands. I had no idea what she meant but I do now. Lori has great hands and my neck is in much better condition. I look forward o my theory I cannot say enough great things about her. She is in Old Town, which for me is easy to get to, plus on street parking during week is easy.

Description of Work
My Doctor recommended physical therapy for my tennis elbow, neck problems and hip problem. I checked Angie's list and found the Physical Therapy Zone. I called called and was able to get in on Saturday morning. Lori worked with my schedule and worked with my insurance company to extend the treatments. My Doctor told me that the therapist wouldn't be pleased to have so many areas to work on. Lori was wonderful.

Category physical therapist

Thank you [member name removed] for the wonderful review! I enjoy working with you. Your were a great client. Keep in touch! Lori

11/30/2012

Paula B.

Lori assessed my problem and developed a plan. I visited twice a week for a month, and did the prescribed exercises at home. She was very supportive and pleasant, professional, on-time and had a good assistant. After a month I was feeling much better. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND The Physical Therapy Zone, and if I have a need for PT in the future, I would definitely return. It was worth the drive from Arlington, and was easy to park nearby.

Description of Work
In September 2012 I was searching for a physical therapist to address a back problem, for which my physician had provided a prescription. Although I live in Arlington, I went to The Physical Therapy Zone in Alexandria for 3 reasons: Ms. Alexander was able to assist me the week after called, whereas local therapists could not see me for another month; and I liked the atmosphere at the Zone; my health insurance was accepted. Most of the physical therapy offices I have visited in the past have been like factories, with tables lined up a foot apart, little privacy and constant loud chatter. The Physical Therapy Zone is the opposite. Even though it is in a storefront, you don't feel like you are in a fish bowl, and there are several rooms with additional privacy for some treatments. It is a very calm atmosphere.

Category physical therapist

Thank you (deleted member name) for your great review. I am so grateful to you and all my other patients that have reviewed me. Being a small, physical therapist owned private practice, word of mouth is my best advertisement. I truly enjoyed working with you. Thank you again for your review. Lori

10/29/2012

BARBARA D.

After 12 weeks of immobilzation, my doctor prescribed 2-3 months of physical therapy (PT.) I looked for a PT close to my home and office in Old Town Alexandria who accepted my insurance (Carefirst BC/BS). From my first visit to her web site, I had a good feeling about Lori Alexander. Her credentials are impressive, but what sets her apart is that she designed her practice to focus on one patient at a time, even though she accepts what the insurance company will pay. I was able to set up a series of appointments right away, and have been seeing her now 2-3 times a week for two months. Her clinic is easy to find and get to. I walk most days, but have found parking easy on the days I drove. (She's also half a block away from the free Old Town Trolley that runs from King Street Metro.) The well-equipped main room has big windows and lots of natural light. Nice. Everything is spotless. Instead of setting you up with an exercise and stepping away while you do the repetitions, either Lori or one of her excellent PT assistants stay right by your side to coach you, monitor pain levels, and make adjustments, if needed. (Lori is never more than a few feet away, maybe finishing with one other patient -- never more than one.) For me, each session includes exercises followed by 1:1 with Ms. Alexander in a private room for hands-on PT, followed by 10 minutes of electrical stimulation and icing to reduce pain. With lights off and a blanket, these 10 minutes are wonderful. Lori listens, explains, and initiates communication with my doctor when needed. Very professional plus a caring personality. My range of motion and strength have improved enormously. Lori and her asstants make me feel that all they care about when I am there is my comfort and my full recovery.

Description of Work
Physical therapy to regain range of motion and strength after bones healed from a bad fall that caused serious damage to shoulder and upper arm, including multiple fractures.

Category physical therapist

Hi [member name removed]! Thank you, thank you, and thank you! I am so glad your shoulder is better and you are doing well. Your review is so important to me. I really appreciate you taking the time to rate my business. It was a pleasure to work with you. I hope you are still doing well. Keep in touch! Lori

02/03/2012

Judy P.

I have been using their services for about 6 weeks. Lori is wonderful. I have a vast improvement from my original starting time. I am very happy with their services.

Description of Work
I use their services for physical therapy.

Category physical therapist

Dear [member name removed], how wonderful are you! Thank you so much for providing me with my first review on Angie's List. This means so much to me. It was great working with you! I hope you are well. Best! Lori

Rehabilitation - Physical Therapy
    Orthopedics - Pediatrics
    Check, Visa, MasterCard

Specialties include orthopedic and sport related injuries, lymphedema treatments, vestibular rehabilitation, pediatric sports, geriatric care, pre-and-post orthopedic surgery, pain management, and balance training.