The Door Refinishing Co

Founded 1994 • With Angi since October 2008

PO Box 2027

Tomball, TX 77377

Award winning customer service with Satisfaction Guaranteed on all refinishes. Let's make your doors happy again!

02/19/2019

Kelly L.

I called the company and spoke to a very nice young woman who asked me to take a photo of the doors and email it to them. I did that within 20 minutes of our conversation and then heard nothing back for about a week. I called again and the same nice woman told me that a different person would be responding to me either that day or the next and she apologized for the delay. I never heard from then again and now when I call my calls just go to voicemail and they do not respond. This is the second time I have tried to reach them. This exact scenario happened last April and I did not report the problem. I don't believe this is a legit company and I believe this company should be removed Angie's List as it makes Angie's List look bad as well. This company does not respond and wastes potential customers time. I am now 3 weeks behind getting my project done by waiting on this company for a simple return call and estimate. For comparison, I called another door refinishing company in the area that is not part of Angies List and they will be able to take on my project next week. Done! No more follow up and time on my part.

Description of Work
I wanted to have my front doors refinished

Category furniture repair, house painters, doors

12/07/2018

Stephen K.

Very good customer service that you don't see much anymore. I made the appointment several weeks in advance and received a courtesy call the day before. Don and Becca arrived right on time and began the job. They refinish the doors in place which I prefer as I have large, 8 ft. double doors and this method limits any problems associated with removing\reinstalling them . I also had an issue with my dead bolt lock that Don fixed ! My doors were in awful shape due to the southern exposure and now look almost brand new. Very happy with the result, in fact this is the 2nd time we have used them.

Description of Work
Door Refinishing

11/26/2017

leslie S.

I am a perfectionist so it is rare that i am 100% satisfied with a service provided; however, i am 100% pleased with the refinishing of my door by the Door Refinishing company. Don did the actual work. He arrived on time, was very pleasant and professional, and answered all of my questions. My impression was that he is extremely knowledgeable and that he is committed to delivering high quality service. Before, my door looked like it came from a shipwreck...now, it is beautiful and looks brand new. The work is flawless. Thank you Don.

Description of Work
Refinished mahogany front door with glass panel

11/22/2017

Rhonda P.

Repair went smoother than I expected and was less costly than expected. I did get a quote for refinishing the door as well and it was a very good price. Ended up not doing that because we are selling the house, but would have if we were staying.

Description of Work
Repaired the metal and insulation around the door so it didn't stick anymore.

09/26/2017

KAREN M.

Dawn did an excellent job refinishing our front door. It looks like new. She was prompt, protected the area, sanded the door (and had a machine that left the area dust free), confirmed the color and finish we wanted, stained the door and cleaned up after the job was done. In one day we went from drab to a beautiful entry for our home. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
40 year old solid wood door was in need of a facelift.

07/03/2017

DJ H.

Great. Completed as planned, in one day.

Description of Work
Refinish Entrance Door

Category house painters, doors

06/16/2017

john T.

They did a fantastic job as well and I definitely would use them again, no question. It's probably been about a year; the door looks brand new that they did. I would use them again; I was looking for the card the other day for my son.

Description of Work
They refinished our front door.

03/27/2017

David C.

Showed up late (1 hour) but did call. Job was done ok, not outstanding

Description of Work
Front door refinishing

03/27/2017

Richard M.

OK. I would rate the work as good. The doors were in pretty bad shape and look good now.

Description of Work
Front (mahogany) doors needed refinishing.

03/26/2017

David K.

We have an auto-maintenance agreement with The Door Refinishing Co, Inc( HappyDoors) and are 100% satisfied with their service. Several years ago (5-7) they refinished out faded and finished damaged front door. It is brutalized with the western setting sun. Since that time we have a refinsh agreement every 6 months ($79.95) and our front door appears new and beautiful year round ! And, we don't have to be home or leave door ajar during and after the maintenance (but you do for initial refinish but door is completely sealed with plastic to prevent wind and dust from home and refinished door). We are so happy to have found this company with prices, availability, punctuality, coutesy, and professionalism ! Complete refinishing of course took a little time and maintenance is done rather quickly. No inconvenience at all on maintenance ! We would use no one else for our doors !

Description of Work
Originally refinished our dry finish cracking front door. Now, touch up and renew finish every 6 months allowing us to have that New Door look year round !

02/27/2017

Steve M.

Don was here at 8am sharp to refinish my door. Door is finished beautifully.

Description of Work
Refinish my front door.

07/29/2016

Teufelin T.

Excellent! The whole job was incredibly professional. From my first phone call to the day of service everything about this company was excellent. The assistant answered my questions and gave me an exact quote, and let me know what would happen on the day of the service. The craftsman, Don, explained everything that would be required and he worked efficiently. He was very friendly and when I asked what he was doing he was very happy to explain the process. The result is a beautiful door! I would recommend this company to anyone who needs this service.

Description of Work
Front door required refinishing

02/25/2016

Michael J.

The very tired door with several age related issues is like new. Dawn was excellent. Her knowledge and expertise obvious. She cleaned, lighted sanded, stain washed to match the interior finish, then varnished. Very pleased with the end result.

Description of Work
Refinished exterior solid wood door.

09/01/2015

Jannifer W.

It looks like a brand new door! They gave me advice on how to maintain the door. They will be coming out every year now to continue the maintenance. They were on time and finished promptly.

Description of Work
They did maintenance on my double wood door with glass panes.

08/05/2015

Chris N.

This company came highly recommended from my neighbors who had their front doors done. Becky came by to give me a free estimate. I was impressed with her knowledge and assessment of what needed to be done. When she came back, I showed her a picture of our door when we first moved in.. She not only brought it back to new again, she made it better. Throughout the process, she was careful to cover the floor and furniture to make sure everything was protected. Once the job was completed, she took the time to explain how to maintain the finish. We went ahead and signed up for their 6 month maintenance program. Thank you! ..

Description of Work
Our front door needed a full refinish. They stripped the door, sanded, stained and applied three coats of gloss finish. The process was complete in one day. The door looks absolutely beautiful!

08/04/2015

Gary L.

We received a quote via e-mail and we both fainted when we saw the price, almost $1,000. We are talking about three hours of work and maybe $50 for a very good outdoor grade polyurethane varnish and another $20 for stain and sandpaper. Also no meaningful warranty. Very overpriced. We will look elsewhere and recommend the same to others. What would be reasonable for this service? Being generous with labor rates ($50 per hour) and allow $150 for varnish/stain/etc and 40% for profit and sales tax, this job should cost no more than $420 (including a three year warranty). Actually, it should be closer to $300, or $350 with a three year warranty.

Description of Work
Provider offered a quote for refinishing our front door and wood trimmed sidelites based on a picture that we provided.

07/22/2015

Helen R.

They were punctual, did a great job on the front door and were careful about cleanliness. Professionals.

Description of Work
Sanded down and refinished front door

03/27/2015

Samuel D.

Very well. Don showed up early for the appointment (8 am). We had expected the door to need to be stripped and sanded but Don advised us that the condition was good enough for a maintenance finish - less than half of the price of a total refinish. The job took about 45 minutes. He was very kind and professional and we would certainly use this company again. One point: they do not remove the front door, i.e. all work was done with the door hung in place. So, if you need to get a new door sweep then you may want to go with another service provider. There was odor but it wasn't too bad since we kept the windows open as the weather was so nice. Don performed almost all of the work with the door closed. All in all, a very good experience!

Description of Work
A maintenance refinish to our front wooden door.

01/14/2015

Curtis K.

Went as planned. The technician was punctual, professional and proficient. The process was explained in detail, before the work was done. Everything was completed in the suggested timeframe. The door looks great. I'll use this company in the future for similar needs and recommend them to anyone looking for this service.

Description of Work
Stripped, sanded and refinished front entry door.

12/16/2014

Tammy K.

Excellent service and quality work! Our door looks great! Would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Refinished both sides of front door. Our door receives direct sunlight, so we paid a little extra for a better protective finish.

12/15/2014

Lawrence C.

The finish was 20 years old. I looks like new and exactly matches the original stain. The contractor arrived 30 minutes early and politely waited outside until I invited him in. He was done 19 minutes after the early side of the projected window to finish as quoted. There was not dirt or dust. Written follow-up instructions with continued care protocol were left at completion. Payment was handled electronically.

Description of Work
Refinished a front exterior entry door.

12/10/2014

paul P.

great service, price and work done on time

Description of Work
replaced 3 sets of doors

08/12/2014

Gary H.

It was pretty good. It wasn't exceptional. They have a quality product and they did a pretty good job. We picked the doors and we wanted to hold off on the door handles because we wanted to get the set that could be keyed like our other locks. We understood that the lady was probably going to pick any door handles and it couldn't be just fitted with any other lock. She made a decision on what doors we were going to pick up and the handles too, so I called back the next day to say that we didn't want handles as we were going to use our existing ones. They were not flexible in changing that one. I was not sure if he was completely honest that he couldn't change it a day later. They could have been more flexible in accommodating our change. We contacted another company, and based on the description of our issue, it sounded like we needed a whole new door replaced & they didn't do that. They also recommended The Door Refinishing Co.

Description of Work
They actually replaced our door.

08/04/2014

Susan M.

Timely, did great work, promptly. Would use again. Have a guarantee and warranty . Would recommend.

Description of Work
Refinished both of our front doors that face due east.

07/31/2014

Donna G.

The first time the refinisher came out, he did a complete refinish of the door. He was there for quite a while and the door had to stay open most of the day. So the best time to do this would be spring or fall. Now he comes back just to maintain the finish. The door always looks beautiful. I love the fact that they just come on a regular basis to maintain the door and I don't even have to call. They just come and do their thing and leave the bill by the door. Everyone I've dealt with has been friendly, helpful and very professional. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
I had the Door Refinishing Co. do a complete refinish of our door a couple of years ago. Now they return twice a year to maintain it.

Big Boy's Painting & More

Big Boy's Painting & More, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 10 years of experience we are experts in painting, flooring and remodeling. We are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We look forward to earning your business. Contact us today for a free estimate!

Airborne Locksmith LLC

Airborne Locksmith is a family owned and operated locksmith company serving the Greater Houston area for more than 20 years. We are proud to be Houston’s leading locksmith company offering a complete range of locksmith services for residential and commercial customers. 24/7 emergency locksmith service available including weekends and holidays. Our main goal is to provide honest, professional and reliable locksmith services at competitive rates. We are Houston’s leading provider of High Security Locks and Safes. From residential to commercial locksmith issues, we handle every single project with care and close attention to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Our high quality services include: Lock Repair, High Security Locks, Car Keys, Car Lockouts, Lock Re-keying, Keys Duplication, Bump Proof Locks, House Lockouts, Evictions, Access Control, Security Bars, Security Rooms, Safe Sale and Repair, Safe Opening.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Salinas Painting

We have helped customers accomplished their painting and drywall needs for over 30 years now. We are excited to be able to accommodate you with your needs as well.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal

Door Refinishing & Maintenance – Interior & Exterior.