Heat Busters

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2009

DFW, AUSTIN, SAN ANTONIO AND ANYTHING IN BETWEEN

Texas, TX 78749

Foil radiant barrier, insulation, Solar controlled window film, Attic ventilation, Solar tubes, Home weatherization, Home energy efficiency visual audits, Duct sealing...

03/20/2020

kathy P.

They were on-time for the estimate and were very professional.

Description of Work
Blown-in insulation.

11/06/2019

Laura S.

Heat Busters were great to work with! Would highly recommend, cannot say anything negative or even mediocre! The insulation has already helped w/ the cold temperatures, I am sure it will also help w/ the heat as their name implies. Great product and a great team!

Description of Work
Insulation added in the walls of an older home.

03/27/2019

Carlos S.

They arrived on time and were very courteous. They gave me an honest evaluation and didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. Recommend them 100%.

Description of Work
One room of our house was hotter/cooler than the rest of the house.

12/04/2018

Robert T.

Very pleased. They were on time and charged as advertised- no surprises.

Description of Work
radiant barrier, insulation and attic fan

07/21/2018

Scott D.

Simply put, it could not have gone better. From the first meeting with Todd, I knew Heat Busters was the way to go. The form he had already showed they had done a bit of work already as he had my home info as well as the layout. That was far more than the competition had. Todd was very informative as he reviewed my home both inside and out and provided much more information than did the others that came out after him. Our home is a two story with a very choppy attic. The front is very large with plenty of accessible room, but that was as good as it gets. There were small attics that were not accessible from inside the home which proved absolutely no problem for his team of 4. We had the work done in June, and while not as hot as it is now in July (currently 109 degrees) our attic temps were still in excess of 150 degrees but they still made sure every available space was covered with barrier material and fully insulated. The holes they had to cut to access these areas were covered with roof vents that this home severely lacked and was pointed out during the first meeting with Todd. As an engineer with relatives in the building business, I discovered that the venting this home was indeed lacking in a number of areas including the roof venting and eve vents. This home had 6! We now have 14 eve vents, 4 roof vents, and the large area has a solar fan that keeps the front (large) attic as cool as the garage! I rely on reviews when picking contractors as there are so many people that provide services in this day and time and I firmly believe that reviews from real people that use these contractors is about as reliable as it gets. If you are tired of your A/C running all day and it is still 78 degrees in your home and the thermostat is set on 72, look at radiant barrier. If you are looking for a contractor that will provide this service as promised and go the extra mile to make sure you get what you are paying for, I strongly encourage you to look at Heat Busters. Todd and his crew delivered, were incredibly polite, thorough, and cleaned up once they were done. Before I had this service done, my A/C was set to 72 and during the weekends when we were home, it was not uncommon for the temp to get to 78 inside during the day. Now, we keep it on 72, it stays at 72, and unbelievably, the A/C cycles! Our upstairs area is much cooler than it used to be and about an hours ago I had to access the front attic from the garage and there was NO TEMPERATURE DIFFERENCE!! Thank you Heat Busters for doing what you did with the professionalism you delivered. I firmly believe in the product and share how pleased I am with all I know when asked about how the product is working. I have not received an electric bill yet since this work has been done and it will probably be a bit skewed from our July bills from the past since we are having a particularly hot summer, but I know for a fact our house feels much better, the A/C cycles, and it stays much cooler in the house during these incredibly hot days. Once again, if you are considering this product, you will be very happy with the service that Heat Busters provides. Definitely an A+ contractor!

Description of Work
Radiant Barrier/venting/insulation

07/18/2018

Kristi R.

Todd was extremely kind and honest about what we needed and didn’t need. The pricing was great. Workers arrived on time. They were very nice. I felt comfortable with the work and the workers the entire time they were in our house. They were super nice to my kids too!

Description of Work
Attic insulation and ventilation added

07/16/2018

Alison H.

My attic had about 8 inches of original 1970s insulation. It also had many areas where knee-walls and other openings were not sealed and/or insulated. I wanted all of the holes and cavities sealed and then the insulation blown-in. Todd was was responsive and punctual with a quote for both sealing and insulating. He said sealing included sealing all the holes in the attic, including where ducts meet the ceiling, open knee wall cavities, holes where electricians had cut into the top plates and gaps between top plates and ceiling drywalls. His team arrive on time for the job and once they were up in the attic, I went up and asked them what they were doing to seal the attic and they said that they weren't sealing the attic and that it was impossible to seal the attic since insulation was already there. They had no idea that Todd Melton (salesman/owner) had told me that they'd be sealing all holes and cavities in the attic. So they said they'd call Todd and ask about it. Then I got a call from Todd saying that his workers had complained that I went up in the attic to bother them while they were trying to work! I don't think his crew had experience with sealing attics and Todd offered to quit the project. However, I had already spent some time getting the job lined up and a day off work so I didn't want him to just abandon the job. The next problem was that one of the workers stepped on a 2x3 board in the attic and it put a crack in my living room vaulted ceiling. His worker blamed me for having a 2x3 in the attic (which he somehow thought it was okay to walk on). Todd never called me about the problem and never returned several follow-up calls that I made about the problem (probably because I had already paid him). It took me several weeks to find a painter willing to come out and patch the ceiling. I had gotten 2 quotes for the blown-in insulation and they were about the same price but I went with Todd because he took the time to clearly explain the problem areas of my attic and the services that Heat Busters provided. I wish I had tried the other one.

Description of Work
Attic sealing and blown-in insulation

07/05/2018

Carol B.

This company is awesome. The employees are very professional. I called for a quote in December 2015 for radiant barrier and blown in insulation. They arrived on time and explained what they would recommend and gave me a written quote. I didn't have the work don't until January 2017 and the price remained the same...no increase! They even put radiant barrier in my crawl space, which wasn't included in the quote, at no additional charge. The price was very reasonable...much less than other quotes for same products. I'm very happy and satisfied with the product and the employees from start to finish. Energy bill went down and I got a rebate from CPS!

Description of Work
Insulation...radiant barrier and blown in insulation in attic.

04/22/2018

Daryl S.

I really enjoyed working with this company. They were thorough and professional. They didn't try to sell us anything we didn't need and they gave us several options for services. They were also able to come do the job within just a couple days and they were clean and fast. Thanks, Heatbusters!

Description of Work
Insulation in the attic

06/01/2017

Richard L.

Great, on time and competitively priced. They also fixed the bathroom fan venting. All in about 2 hours at most.

Description of Work
Add blow in insulation to attic. The existing was about R4.

Dayton Contracting Roofing & Renovation

Dayton Contracting is a roofing and exterior renovation company. We service residential customers with roof replacements and repair. Our renovation services include carpentry, rotten wood repair, siding and window replacement, professional painting, stucco repair, and more. HONEST ASSESSMENTS AND FREE ESTIMATES We really do believe when a customer chooses Dayton Contracting they’ve made the right choice. We see every customer as our own, as a part of our family, as a long-term, lifelong customer. Whether you looking at a new roof, siding and window project, or painting your house, we have the experience and the product knowledge to help you make the right choices, and can work with your budget to use your money in the wisest of ways. We really believe we’re helping people with what are often difficult circumstances and in areas that many don’t know much about. We provide free estimates and honest evaluation of your roof, siding, window, stucco, or paint projects. We are a low pressure company. We will never be forceful or pushy, but patient and willing to educate and explain every recommendation we put forth. EXPERIENCE IS OUR PRIORITY We are proud and grateful to have gained a loyal customer base over the years, all of whom are very important to us. We strive for every new customer to be welcomed into our growing base of repeat customers and loyal friends. We win them with personal attention, listening and understanding their needs and objectives, while offering patient explanation and education of the products and services we recommend. We are grateful for the knowledge and experience we’ve gained and we love to share it with our customers through the quality of work and service we provide.

Driftwood Builders Roofing

At Driftwood Builders, quality workmanship, excellent customer service and customer referrals are the life line of our business. We use only the best products and deliver the highest quality total roof systems available. From the ground it is nearly impossible to assess the damage that may exist on your roof. Our experienced team of professionals are available to give you a free, no obligation, honest assessment of you roof. Even moderate sized hail can cause severe damage to the shingles, causing granular loss and/or cracking of underlying membrane. If your roof has sustained damage, then your Homeowners Insurance Company is responsible for the cost of replacing your roof. Most insurance companies try to limit the dollar amount they intend to pay on their initial replacement cost estimate. Our team of professionals will work (negotiate) with your insurance carrier to make sure they are paying the proper amount of money, which allows you to receive the kind of quality roof you deserve. At Driftwood Builders we hang our hat on “QUALITY.” We guarantee the best roofing system for your home for the available money. As a LOCAL COMPANY, we will be here to serve your roofing needs now and for years to come. Please give us a call to arrange a meeting with one of our qualified professionals. Additional DBA - M&D Holdings LP. Award winning.

Offers by Driftwood Builders Roofing on Angi
    Renaissance Contracting, LLC

Proudly serving the Greater Austin area since 2006, we know the ins and outs of home construction and remodeling, and our personal service sets us apart from our competitors. Whether you have your eye on a new build, want to add some square footage to your existing home, or need to remodel your current space, Renaissance can get it done on time and on budget. Your satisfaction is our number one priority, and we won't rest until you love the result.

Foil Radiant Barrier, Attic and Wall Insulation, Solar controlled window film, Attic ventilation, Solar Tubes, Home Weatherization, Home energy efficiency visual audits. Duct sealing.

Complete home solar panels. Spray foam insulation, Sound Proofing