Foreign Affair Import Car Repair

Schertz, TX 78154

Import car repair...

11/07/2016

Bob W.

Excellent. They do the work requested without pushing to add unnecessary additional service. Timing belt replacement cost was more reasonable than any dealer and several other repair shops that I checked with. Also checked suspension and found only one small item that required replacement. I got the car in their shop at about 8:30AM and they were done by about 4PM of same day.

Description of Work
Changed timing belt and checked suspension

04/05/2015

Dan H.

Bob fixed the problem in the front end when no one else could explain or fix it. There was an access plate that is held in place by four screws and all of those screws were stripped therefore whenever the car's chassis was flexed the plate popped. I am overjoyed that Bob could fix the problem. I was thinking of trading the car because the problem bothered me so much and no one could fix it. Bob also fixed my wife's '91 Miata and it runs great now also. Bob and Olga run a very honest business. They are very unique in this day and age. Honest, reliable, courteous, diligent, helpful. This is absolutely the only place where I will ever have my cars serviced in the future. I have recommended several of my friends here and they have also been impressed and pleased.

Description of Work
I took my 2010 Miata in for a multitude of problems, but the one most bothersome was a popping sound coming from the front of the car when turning in to a driveway. I had taken it to two Mazda dealers to no avail. I told Bob that I wasn't in a hurry and that I wanted it fixed. He stayed on the problem when other mechanics would have given up. He found the problem but it took some time to finally correctly diagnose. He also replaced shocks and some other minor issues. I got a car back that was as good as new!

04/09/2014

Dwyer S.

Extremely honest, extremely fair priced, any work he does is more than professional. It's like taking it to the guy who built the car in the first place. We always take my wife's car to him because he fixed things really well. He doesn't take advantage of you and he fixes what needs to be fixed. And he knows what he's doing really well.

Description of Work
We take my wife's car to Foreign Affair Import Car Repair.

12/05/2013

Robert L.

Took my car immediately, started work right away, and completed repairs within a couple days.. Service was terrific and well worth the drive out to Schertz! I will return and gladly recommend Foreign Affair to anyone.

Description of Work
Diagnosed some electrical problems on my Triumph TR3.

Category

09/13/2013

Jagdish P.

Bob and Olga have been working on my cars for over 6 years now, and it's easy to see why people drive long, long distances to take their cars to his shop. he has done repairs better and usually cheaper than many import shops in San Antonio. There are two cars that I own that he does not seem to be too very enthusiastic about working on.... and I'm sure he has his reasons... but he has always done excellent work on my Toyota and my former Honda... He will continue to get my business for many years to come.

Description of Work
replaced brakepads and machined rotors on my Toyota

08/27/2013

Ron S.

I wrote an earlier A+ review of this business for my Mini Cooper S. I imported a Citroen 2CV, a car that is very rare in the US. The internet advised that there were no mechanics in Texas who worked on this model. I asked Mac if he would give it a try and he responded enthusiastically. When the car arrived from Holland, it had several issues. Mac took my repair manual and rebuilt the carb, removed the fuel tank for me to clean, installed an in-line fuel filter, and cleaned many years of crud out of the carb. He also noted that the shocks were completely shot. I ordered the specialty parts from a company in Washington state with delivery directly to him. He installed the shocks and now the car runs and drives like it just came off the showroom floor. His main business is fixing the standard imports, but he fixed my Citroen and he completely reconditioned a 1939 and 1955 MG. If he can do that, he can fix your unusual import or just your regular one. Call him.

Description of Work
Carburetors rebuild fuel system cleaning. Replacement of shocks.

Category

08/20/2013

Clifton T.

Before I went to Foreign Affair Import Car Repair: I went to another garage for a diagnosis. The other garage said my compressor had failed completely and there were metal shavings in it. It would cost $1400. I did not accept his job. Then I went to Foreign Affair Import Car Repair and Mac did a check on it. I did not tell him that I had just received a diagnosis from another garage. He said he didn't suspect a compressor problem because the car had less than 60,000 miles on it. After a thorough check out he said it was working fine and it could have been a sticking control door. Also he showed me how to detect a failing electromagnetic clutch should it fail. He fixed the A/C, but because he didn't know exactly what had been the problem told me that there was no charge. I have never before met someone with such honesty and integrity, and I will be his customer as long as he will work on my cars.

Description of Work
Fixed my honda civic a/c

08/13/2013

Ron S.

Description of Work
Carb rebuild fuel system cleaning. Replacement of shocks.

06/16/2013

Len T.

We have been going to Foreign Affairs for several years now that have found an honest, dependable, and fair priced mechanic. They do excellent work and have referred them to several of my friends. One example of honest work is my friend had an AC problem and had an estimate from 2 different places. ($1200 and $900). Foreign Affairs looked at car and fixed it for $350. It's hard to find someone you can trust, once you do, share with all your friends. I think they only work on foreign cars which may be the only drawback.

Description of Work
Oil change and replaced a worn out housing.

03/17/2013

Ron S.

I had a tire/wheel sensor light in my Mini Cooper S. Foreign Affairs was close and my experience with the San Antonio BMW dealer was not good. When I drove to the business, a 1939 MG was in the lot being restored. This was my guy. I was more than satisfied with the work and timeliness. He kept me appraised of the process and why it took a couple of extra days (sensor was corroded into socket). If you have a non-US automobile, this place can fix it. He even offered to work on my newly acquired Citroen 2CV.

Description of Work
Remove and replace broken ABS sensor, right front wheel.

Category auto repair

Simmangs Automotive Service Center, Inc.

For over 29 years, Simmang's Automotive Service Center, Inc. has remained as Converse, TX's premier full-service automotive repair shop. As a family-owned and operated company, we strive to provide all customers with excellent service for a fair price. Simmang's Automotive Service Center, Inc. is a full-service repair shop that offers a variety of services such as state inspections, computer diagnostics, brake jobs, general maintenance, oil and lubrication services, tire balancing and rotation; as well as engine, transmission, timing belt, shock and strut, starter or alternator repairs and replacements, automotive A/C repairs and recharges, and MORE! At Simmangs Automotive Service Center, all mechanics are ASE certified technicians. Schedule your service appointment today!

Seymours Garage Inc

Seymour's Garage has been providing the highest level of customer service and quality vehicle care for the San Antonio and surrounding communities since 1968. We are family owned and operated. Our system is unlike others, as we operate with an "IF IT AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT" attitude. We will not look at it if you don't ask and we never do a repair without first using our state of the art equipment to attain an accurate diagnosis and obtaining your permission for repairs. Surprises are fun but not when it comes to your money and your vehicle. We look forward to serving you. We have years of experience working on both domestic and import vehicles of all makes and models and can work with you to find cost-effective repair and maintenance alternatives. To keep your vehicle running properly at all times, we offer a number of services in the San Antonio, Texas area that are carried out by our certified, expert auto service and repair technicians who have years of experience performing everything from oil changes to a complete engine overhaul and transmission replacement.

Auto Service