Friendly Security Inc

Texas Department of Public Safety Online Private Security
03/31/2022

8000 W Interstate 10 Suite 600

San Antonio, TX 78230

We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

NO MONEY DOWN - MONTHLY MONITORING AGREEMENTS! Friendly Security is a local family owned alarm and fire systems company in San Antonio. Our home and business systems are smart, providing you the flexibility to automate your lifestyle the way you want! Secure your premise, set up monthly monitoring (no long term contracts) alerts, control lights, locks, thermostats and cameras from any smart device and so much more! To get started, call us today! 210-568-0306...

home security systems (45)home automation (2)

12/08/2018

Christi L.

Excellent! Very professional. Outstanding work! As it turns out the job was a very difficult installation, however he charged me the quoted price. Excellent work! Very professional! I am thrilled with my new security camera!

Description of Work
Install a security camera and monitor

Category home security systems,home automation

Work Completed On 12/08/2018

02/06/2018

Ed W.

Great! Joby did a fine job and opened the door for future changes.

Description of Work
Needed some diagnostics and battery changes to get the alarm system working. Never had an alarm system before some a tutorial was provided.

Work Completed On 02/06/2018

Thank you! We appreciate your business! Joby Gray - Owner

10/10/2017

Bill W.

Professional all the way. Excellent communication. On time per schedule. Quality installation.

Description of Work
Upgraded existing (22 years old) security system. Installed 4 camera set up.

Work Completed On 09/09/2017

Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure working in your home. Joby Gray - Owner

09/12/2017

brenda F.

Service went well. Team of owner/supervisor and technician installed on a Sunday - we were happy they came as promised. They also made sure we knew how to work our system.

Description of Work
Install of fire & burglar alarm system for home. Complimentary install of code required smoke alarms in 3 bedrooms.

Cost $1,501.87

Work Completed On 08/06/2017

05/19/2017

MELISSA A.

Excellent. Professional, punctual, answered all my questions politely & thoroughly. Maintained work areas clean and safe.

Description of Work
installed security & home speaker system

Work Completed On 05/18/2017

Thank you for the perfect score! We thank you for your business, and the opportunity to serve your security, surveillance, and sound system needs. Best, Joby Gray Owner

04/10/2017

Elizabeth M.

Great! Joby was very knowledgeable, friendly, and a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Home security install

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

Thank you for the great review! Joby Gray Owner

03/06/2017

HARRY C.

Excellent! Jobie, the owner and the guy who worked on our home, is the REAL DEAL. He was there when he said he would be. He adjusted the cost to our budget, and threw in multiple items. He and his workmen were punctual, and professional. He gave us a first class system that my wife, Benay, and I can be comfortable with. I would not hesitate to recommend them for anyone needing a first class system, and job, at a competitive price. Harry Croft MD

Description of Work
New updated security system for our home.

Work Completed On 02/27/2017

Thank you for the great review, and all the kind words! Best to you and the wife, Joby Gray Owner

08/12/2016

Mark H.

Excellent. Friendly Security is one of the top three service/repair companies I have worked with in San Antonio. Other companies have been good (or sometimes bad) but Friendly is in a top-tier league of their own. They are excellent. They exceed expectations. Friendly Security is an exceedingly well-run company with excellent customer service and support in the office and field. Judy in the office maintains excellent contact with the customers. Joby and his crew in the field were on time EVERY time. Appointments were made for a certain time, not a window of time. The installation was excellent. Friendly does charge to install your system but they do NOT sign you up for a long-term monitoring contract. It's a month-to-month contract. It is well worth it to pay the upfront fee in exchange for their amazingly good service and a month-to-month contract instead of a multi-year contract. Call them. You won't be disappointed. Because they did such a great job with my regular alarm I'm having them install a surveillance system next year.

Description of Work
We had many windows and two doors replaced due to the hail storms in April 2016. Our then alarm company, Monitronics, told me they did not need to be part of the install and could come in after the install and get the alarm system working with the new windows and doors. WRONG! I tried to work with Monitronics to no avail. I finally cancelled service with them and found Friendly Security through Angies List. I contracted Friendly to repair the existing system and add additional smoke alarms. We have a large house and part of the price included adding sensors and a smoke alarm to an out building. My existing system does not monitor my smoke alarms. Monitronics told me they could only monitor four smoke alarms which is not enough for our house. Friendly was able to monitor as many as I needed.

Work Completed On 08/02/2016

Thank you so much for the kind and detailed review of our company. Best to you and family, Joby Gray Owner

07/12/2015

Dan M.

Although we used another provider, we were very satisfied with our experience with this company and would certainly consider using them for future needs.

Description of Work
Judy Brooks visited our property and provided a proposal

Work Completed On 06/08/2015

Thank you for the opportunity to bid on your home security. Should you require our services in the future, we would be more than happy to help! Regards, Judy

10/29/2014

Susan H.

The old system was totally out of date and so a new one had to be installed, but all the original points of contact in the doors and windows could still be used so I imagine it was less involved than if it was being done from scratch. I also decided to spend some extra money to have four smoke detectors wired into the house wiring. Joby went over all the details of what my needs were (for example, not to have a motion-detector in the bedroom because my dog would be moving around in there when I was a work). He was patient and thorough, and I felt confident that he knew what he was doing. At the end he went over how the system worked and had me try it out a few times to get used to it. The system is monitored locally which I think is an advantage over the big corporate chains. He and his installer arrived promptly and seemed very competent. They completed the work in a timely manner and cleaned up very thoroughly. Two weeks later when my insurance company wanted a certificate that verified that the system was now functional, I called the office and spoke to Joby, and his office person Judy handled everything about getting the necessary paperwork to my insurance agent.

Description of Work
I had a non-working old security system that was original to my 30-year old house. After I was burglarized I decided to re-activate the system or replace it. Joby Gray, the owner, came and did an evaluation and made a bid to do the job. I was so impressed with him I did not bother getting other estimates. He and an installer came and completed the work efficiently and neatly.

Work Completed On 10/04/2014

Hi [member name removed], Thank you for the great review, and thank you for choosing my company to provide your security and fire protection. Best Regards, Joby Gray

Security Systems, Automation, Smart Home Systems, Fire Systems, Surveillance Systems, Monitoring, Cellular Monitoring, Internet Monitoring, Wellness, and so much more.....

Electrical & hvac.