We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Champion AC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2008

16018 University Oak Suite 101

San Antonio, TX 78249

Champion AC is a veteran owned and operated HVAC company that specializes in lowering utility costs by providing energy efficient home comfort solutions. Our highly skilled technicians and installation teams are all highly qualified, background checked and maintain all proper state certifications

06/22/2022

Burke R.

Serviced the A/C unit, inside and outside. In addition, he offered tips on how to extend the life of the unit as well as tips on how to conserve energy and save money during extreme heat, like the heatwave we are currently under here in South Texas. Temperatures at my house have routinely reached 105-108 degrees.

Description of Work
Summer tune up on A/C unit

06/07/2022

Bill T.

Excellent. Left two calls with the answering service. I did not hear back for awhile but then I was called and told a technician would arrive between noon and 8. He arrived at 1:20. It took him very little time to clean the filters and flush the pipe that was clogged. I also purchased the home plan that includes HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing.

Description of Work
Clear out the pipe from the drain pan

05/25/2022

Amber M.

Our original work was done in 2020. They sold us a new unit indoor and out to replace the existing 1980s unit. They oversized the new unit, so it makes weird noises as it tries to push too much air through the ducts in the house. It also has not saved us any detectable money on our electricity bill compared to the very old unit that was in place (even though they up-sold us to a very expensive "high-efficiency" unit). They also sold us an expensive protection plan that was supposed to cover two seasonal maintenance visits a year for 10 years. The first time we called to schedule a maintenance visit, they told us they could only do those visits once a year despite what the contract said that they signed at payment. Today I called to schedule the next new 'yearly' maintenance visit and was told that we would have to extend to 15 months between maintenance visits.

Description of Work
Needed a new compressor unit.

09/08/2021

Michael W.

Our technician, Jonathan Alvarez, took the time to explain everything before doing the work for us. Afterwards, he explained further, telling us what we could expect from the work he did.

Description of Work
I needed to have refrigerant added to my AC system.

08/26/2021

Linda S.

The service tech Jonathan did an outstanding job. He thoroughly performed all items. He made recommendations which I completely agreed with but not pushy trying to sell additional items or services. He left the area clean and even vacuumed any debris that fell from the attic. Excellent job Jonathan!

Description of Work
Serviced my two AC units. Replaced filter and UV light.

05/25/2021

Adrian C.

Had a Champion AC tech out to review cooling issues with AC unit. He stated that the evaporator coil needed to be replaced. This would cost over $5,000 dollars with them. I only paid $3,000 for the unit. I then called Reehm for warranty and they sent a certified tech out. He was able to determine that there was a leak from the compressor copper tubing into the evaporation coil. The cost for repair would be $1,500 dollars. I then called Champion back for help and they stated that he did not notice that, but would repair for $1,344. I then asked if that was with my 20% off loyalty subscription. He responded no and would call back on that discount price. When he called back he said it was with my 20% off and cost is the same. Seems kind of sketchy in that they said no and came back with the same price stating it was with my 20% off. I would defiantly be careful and get second opinions on services from them. In addition, I think we should submit them to ksat investigative reporter. There are some off things happening with Champion AC.

Description of Work
AC Repair on Reehm Product

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

04/15/2021

Michael U.

Old fashion Customer Service! Zac was very professional, courteous, knowledgeable, and what you would expect from Champion A/C. Zac addressed my concerns and made things right. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Biannual maintenance

04/08/2021

Ted A.

Great! Technician always goes above and beyond! Professional and takes time to explain in layman’s terms!!

Description of Work
Semi annual maintenance

04/06/2021

Patrick B.

Zach is a great technician and demonstrated a very high level of professionalism and skill while evaluating and repairing our AC. Because of Zach we decided to enroll in the regular maintenance program and intend to ask specifically for Zach. Very very happy with the service and care delivered by this great company.

Description of Work
Hvac repair

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

02/10/2021

Timothy F.

Deron was awesome. Needed an inspection due to trying to sell my home. He was super polite and looked at everything related to the system. Everything checked out perfect and I received the inspection report before he left the property. They didn’t even charge me since I bought the system from them. Absolutely superb work in every way. Thanks Deton and Champion AC.

Description of Work
Inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for the review! Deron is an excellent technician who prides himself on providing customers with a courteous, efficient and professional service experience. We deeply appreciate your glowing remarks and will make sure he hears of your kind words. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any needs or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

01/02/2021

Michael R.

excellent service good price. Chris Frazier was technician. He did excellent work

Description of Work
outlets didnt work

Category electrician

Thank you for the feedback! We are thrilled to hear of the excellent service experience you had with Chris. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any future needs or concerns. Have a lovely day!

12/21/2020

Carlos M.

Very satisfied. They call prior to technician arriving to let you know they are on the way. Arrived as scheduled. Technician was very thorough, polite, and showed that he cared to do very good job.

Description of Work
Duct work and air flow as well as winter furnace maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! Our team works diligently to provide our customers with a polite, thorough and professional service experience from start to finish. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please contact us if you have any future service needs or concerns. Have a fantastic day!

11/24/2020

Katharine C.

Competent removal of fixtures and installation of fan. Two of 3 workers not wearing masks. Defensive and patronizing responses to basic questions. Miscommunication about scheduling. Pricing was high for work done. Advertising felt like bait and switch: initial price is NEVER the final price. Work consisted of removing 2 fluorescent lights, connecting wires with connecting wire, drilling hole for fan, assembling fan, connecting fan and parts to brace. I supplied fan. Installing advertised as $170. Addition of removal and brace quoted as $468. When I asked for discount I was told it had been applied (although it wasn't part of quote) and actual cost was around $600! Cost did not include fixing holes. Ceiling insulation not replaced over area. I could see sky through attic vent from my kitchen. A handyman could have done the same job better for less.

Description of Work
Remove 2 fluorescent tube fixtures and install ceiling fan.

Category lighting, air duct cleaning

Thanks for your feedback. We are located in Texas and see that your address is in California. We can not locate your name in our system and ask that you please contact our team at 210.699.0022 to discuss this as we do not service California. Customer satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. Have a great day!

11/05/2020

Danielle O.

Everything went smooth from start to finish. James and Jackson were there on time and were very professional. I asked a lot of questions and they never hesitated to explain what they were doing so I could understand. I am so glad I went with Champion ac and I would highly recommend them to everyone. You will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
New ac installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! Our team is always striving to provide our customers with a professional and efficient installation experience from start to finish. We are grateful for the opportunity to be your service company and deeply appreciate your recommendation. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future needs or concerns. Have a great day!

10/14/2020

PAM B.

All of the Champion AC employees, Chris F., Eric P., Julian C., and Joshua V., were very professional. They answered all of our questions and made sure we were completely satisfied before they left. I would absolutely recommend this company. Thank you guys!! Pam B.

Description of Work
Replaced the 52 yr. old electrical boxes inside and outside of the house.

Category electrician

Thank you for the recommendation! Our team works meticulously to provide our customers with an efficient and professional service experience, and we thank you for taking the time to spotlight our team members. We deeply appreciate your trust in us with this project, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs or concerns. Have a fantastic day!

10/03/2020

Josie S.

Will start job next week. This is the second time we go with Champion A/C.

Description of Work
Air duct replacement

Category insulation

Thank you for the review! Our team works meticulously to provide our customers with a prompt, polite and professional 5-star service experience, and we thank you for taking the time to recommend Champion AC. We deeply appreciate your trust in us with this project, and the continued opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs or concerns. Have a fantastic day!

09/21/2020

James P.

The tech was very professional and efficient.

Description of Work
Tune up / preventive visit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback! We are so pleased to hear of the professional and efficient service experience you had with our technician. We are truly grateful for your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs or concerns. Have a great day!

09/18/2020

JOE & LINDA O.

Two professional installers spent 8 hours to remove and replace the 4-ton Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning system at our home. Job included adding flooring to my attic, install new thermostat, and removing the ceiling filters. Two young, agile expert install technicians found solutions to every problem (not many needed) and cleaned up nicely while hauling off all the old unit and trash. They tested cooling and heating while explaining the use of the new-style thermostat.

Description of Work
Replace HVAC system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the recommendation! We are overjoyed to hear that our installation team was able to provide you with an outstanding service experience. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to be your service company, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any future needs or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

09/08/2020

tomas T.

Great. Deron was assigned to me and he was great.

Description of Work
Maintenance check-up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the recommendation! We always love hearing from our satisfied customers, and we thank you for taking the time to share about your 5-star service experience with Deron. We deeply appreciate the opportunity to be your service company, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs or concerns. Have a wonderful day!

09/07/2020

David H.

Gus was excellent he did a Quality job. He found that my Ultraviolet bulb was installed incorrectly when I had new unit installed by the contractor for Champion. He also found and removed a plate inside main duct unit that was blocking airflow. Unfortunately he could not address the non flow at my downstairs bathroom due to being located in between floor and ceiling. I guess the contractor screwed that up also. Unit is approximately 5 years old and mild building up on unit by Gus finding the issue and correcting it properly I hope this helps. I will still use Champion and request for Gus FYI otherwise my new unit works great.

Description of Work
Yearly service, check duct work airflow and replace Ultraviolet bulb.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! We are so pleased to hear of the courteous and professional service experience you had with Gus. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any future needs or concerns. Have a lovely day!

09/02/2020

Sandra R.

Great job! Very professional representatives - customer service & technician.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance & repairs

Category air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback! Our team works diligently to provide our customers with a polite and professional service experience. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any needs or concerns in the future. Have a great day!

08/03/2020

David C.

Ray was so great to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional. I have been a long time customer of champion and would recommend them always.

Description of Work
Air conditioning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review! Ray is a wonderful asset to our team, and we are thrilled that he was able to provide you with a professional and informative service experience. We deeply appreciate the continued opportunity to be your service company, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs. Have a great day!

07/30/2020

Charles O.

Placed a call after hours because the A/C Unit was not cooling as it should and a tech arrived early the following morning and took care of everything, plus he took some extra steps making sure that both the A/C unit and the Air Handle was working correctly and reset the unit thermostat to cool the house during certain hours of the day, night and weekend for us. Thanks Champion AC, for being there when we needed you.

Description of Work
Had A/C Unit look at due to system not blowing cold air at night.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, insulation, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our team was able to provide you with a prompt and professional service experience to get you cooling again. We deeply appreciate your recommendation, and the opportunity to be your service company. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs. Have a great day!

07/30/2020

Ann D.

Poorly. They are just trying to sell BIG service, not working with client.

Description of Work
Analysis only

07/24/2020

Donald K.

excellent courteous professional service

Description of Work
repair air conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Thank you for the review! Our team is always striving to provide a wonderful service experience from start to finish, and we thank you for taking the time to share yours. We deeply appreciate your recommendation, so please do not hesitate to contact us with any future service needs. Have a great day!

Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Go Green Aire Care LLC

Bosch and Rheem Dealers but we service all brands. We specialize in installing whole house heating and air conditioning systems. When you want the best, you need to hire the best. For over 40 years we've been serving the San Antonio and the surrounding area providing HVAC Installation, Maintenance and Repair services. Our HVAC tecnicians are factory trained on several systems. We're fully licensed and insured!

Clean Air Pro Services

Clean Air Pro Services is a local trusted company that service the Houston area for years now.

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
    Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    TACLB19872E
    Texas
    Texas: General
    01/27/2024

Residential & commercial air conditioning repair, replace & makes of all models, gas, oil & electric, new units, air conditioners, furnaces, heat pumps, air cleaners and humidifiers, carbon monoxide testing, programmable thermostats, new construction design & installation, air duct cleaning, insulation, air duct design & energy audits.

Automobile services.