STOP ON A DIME MOBILE BRAKE SERVICE

Founded 2010 • With Angi since January 2010

3305 Main Street

Rowlett, TX 75088

Dallas' Premier Mobile Brake Service Company. Stop on a Dime LLC is a 2013 & 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award winner! We will change the way you think about car repair. We bring the expert mechanic and quality parts to you! We service all makes and models; Fords to Ferraris. Most jobs completed in about an hour....

06/07/2018

James B.

Excellent workmanship! Best brake service I have ever purchased.

Description of Work
Complete Brake Job

03/26/2018

Brian P.

These guys know their business. Less happy about the price.

Description of Work
Brake work

02/23/2018

Joseph H.

Dan Z was up front on pricing and scheduled my appointment for the next day. Randy M was awesome. He was on time, very professional, and very knowledgeable. These 2 guys are great I would recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
New rotors and brake pads all the around

08/30/2017

Celeste N.

Awesome! Courteous and professional and quality service

Description of Work
replace rear brakes, rotors and sensors

08/11/2017

Steve D.

Job went great and was done in my own garage. Much less than the dealership.

Description of Work
Replace front rotors, sensors and ceramic pads on Mercedes GL450.

02/02/2017

Nancy F.

Perfection!!!!! A Wonderful Discovery!!!!!

Description of Work
Brake work and replacement. In our opinion, absolutely the most knowledgable and trustworthy, quality and professional Pros around. APlusPlusPlusPlusPlus. My husband found this company and now I have to cook him gourmet meals forever.

01/26/2017

Kris B.

Perfect- Called yesterday, they came to my work and performed the service in the parking lot today in like 20 minutes. Friendly, efficient, fair price, quality work. I'm keeping this business card!

Description of Work
New brake pads on my car

08/11/2016

MIKE B.

Yesterday I found this company on Angies List, emailed them information to get a quote, received the quote back almost immediately, then got a call from Chris who came out this morning, checked the car to confirm the diagnosis, made the repair and called me to discuss what he found and fixed. The repairs and price matched the quote, the service was outstanding. What a great concept, flawlessly executed by professionals! Got a call from Dan to pay by credit card a couple of hours later and my car is running(and stopping) great with no noise. 12 month warranty included.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 rotors and 1 set of pads on the front brakes

06/05/2016

Christian M.

After Chris (coowner) inspected my Honda Civic's (4 Dr Sedan) brake pads, he indicated that the problem I'm experiencing (intermittent squealing when applying the brakes) didn't appear to be due to the brake pads. They still had thickness and more wear to go. I was appreciative of his honesty. He felt it may be a lubricant issue. Anyway, when the time comes to replace my brake pads, I'll definitely be calling this company. I love the idea of a mobile auto shop coming to you. Thanks Chris!

Description of Work
Inspect brake pads

01/20/2016

Jay G.

I don't typically write reviews, and I'm very picky. This company is extremely professional, punctual, honest, accurate, and a super value over dealerships. I highly recommend Stop on a Dime. I rarely use the word, "extraordinary" -- this is one of the few times I'm happy to say that about a company. =Jay

Description of Work
Fixed my brakes (front and back)

12/29/2015

Walter S.

I requested a quote on Saturday and received the quote by email the same day. I called to request an appointment and also requested an upgrade to higher grade rotors. A new estimated was sent out and Chris was at my house before noon the following Monday and the job was completed in less than an hour. That's what I call service.

Description of Work
Replaced front breaks and rotors on my F150.

10/20/2015

Elsa G.

I contacted Stop on a Dime on Friday and on Monday morning Chris called prior to coming out. Chris was very nice and knowledgeable. He pointed out that the pads on the rear had some tread left but would also need replacing soon. He showed me the pads on my highlander compared to new pads and also the wear on the rotors. He took about an hour. The brakes feel great. Later in the afternoon Dan called me and I paid over the phone. Very good job.

Description of Work
The front brake pads and rotors were replaced on my 2005 Toyota Highlander.

08/19/2015

Paul P.

Easy breezy. It was like having the Firestone store come to your house.

Description of Work
Front brake job, disc and pads (ceramic)

08/06/2015

Phillip B.

I was intrigued when i saw this mobile brake service on Angie's List. I called and talked with Don Zimmerman. I asked a lot of questions that were fairly answered. He gave me sufficient guidance so that I was able to determine that I was likely just needing new pads and not rotors. He also provided me with the costs up front so I could make an intelligent decision. When I gave them the go ahead, Chris came to my home, evaluated the car and agreed it only needed four brake pads. They ordered the parts, arrived at my home at the scheduled time and completed the work in about an hour. The cost was considerably less than the price quoted by the dealership. I am very pleased with their work and would use them again. I would be happy to recommend them to family and friends. i

Description of Work
Replaced front and rear brake pads.

07/17/2015

Lauren L.

Hands down the best customer service in DFW! Chris came out to take a look at my vehicle - he was straight forward and honest that I didn't need any work done at the time. He did a thorough check up on my brake system to make sure, and said I was good to go. If you are looking for a CONVENIENT service that doesn't try to sell you on unneeded parts, then Stop On A Dime is the place to call. From the first phone call I had with Stop On A Dime - I knew this was the real deal. They had my emailed quote to me within minutes, and I knew what to expect. Thank you for taking care of me Stop On A Dime.

Description of Work
Came to my location to check out the brake system on my truck.

04/01/2015

Jamie H.

Relying on all of the excellent reviews, I called this company to look at the brakes on two vehicles. I was thrilled to find that someone could come do the brake work at my home, as I had been dreading taking the two vehicles in, having to get a ride home and back each time, etc. Chris first came by my home to inspect the two sets of brakes. My son's brakes had been making a squeaking sound when he stops, so we were thinking he likely needed new brakes. Chris advised that in fact the brake pads were still at 65% and that the rotors were in good shape, so something else, such as brake dust or cheap pads put on the vehicle before we bought it, were causing the noise. After looking at the brakes on my car, he said that I still had about 25% pads and no rotor damage, and that I could wait awhile or get them fixed. I decided to go ahead and get new pads on all four brakes. Chris returned that afternoon with the parts and put them on in less than an hour at a reasonable price. He also called me out to when he got a tire off to show me what to look for when inspecting brake pads and rotors. I plan to recommend this company to all of my friends and neighbors! Gotta love a company that is honest and provides great service at a fair price, especially when they do it without your having to leave your home!

Description of Work
Evaluate brakes on two vehicles; change front and rear brake pads on one vehicle.

02/13/2015

Tod V.

Chris showed up at a clients office, took my keys and put the rotors and pads on in the parking lot. Great guy very professional. only took him about 45 minutes to get it done. He also put the car in the same parking spot he got it from. Definitely recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed front rotors and pads

Category auto repair

Thanks [member]. Glad we were able to service your the brakes on your Infiniti in Frisco. We appreciate your business.

01/29/2015

Bobbi K.

We called Stop-On-A-Dime to replace the brakes on three vehicles. They showed up when they said they would, and were very courteous and professional. They also are VERY honest. They changed the front brake pads on of two of the cars and did not try to overcharge us by replacing rotors that did not need replacing. They noticed a bolt missing on the swaybar linkage on one of the cars and fixed it for free. They also were honest in telling us that the rear brakes had a little life left in them, but the rotors would need replacing when it came time to replace the brake pads. As for the third car, they actually took the car for a few days hoping to experience a problem our son had encountered with this vehicle. Well, the car behaved perfectly for them, so they brought it back with gas in it (it was on empty when they took it), and did not charge us a dime for it or the time they spent working on it. I would highly recommend this company to anyone and will gladly use them in the future.

Description of Work
Serviced three cars.

01/01/2015

Georges J.

Dan promised to call at 9:30 to let me know when they could come and he called right on time. They came to my house at the promised time almost to the minute (none of this "we'll be there between noon and 5:00") and worked quickly. He explained what he was doing and why. Took the car for a test drive to make sure everything was working correctly. There was no pressure to do any additional work. The rear pads were worn but had lots of useful life left so he showed me what to watch for. When they are worn a bit more I will definitely call them back for service. Best car repair experience I've ever had and I didn't even have to take the car out of the driveway.

Description of Work
Replaced font brake pads and rotors.

10/08/2014

Austin T.

Excellent service and experience! I had Stop on a Dime replace my front brake pads on my 2012 Mercedes Benz ML350. I live in Frisco but work in Las Colinas (Irving) and they did the job on the top floor of my parking garage. I have always done all auto servicing at the dealership. I know their price is higher but didn?t care. A friend finally convinced me to try an independent servicer and after educating myself on the brake repair process and equipment, I decided this would be a good time to try an option other than the dealer. Dan with Stop on a Dime responded within 10 minutes of requesting a price quote. Their price was almost half of the dealerships. After he explained to me his process and what equipment I was getting, I decided to have them do my brake job. I got upgraded full ceramic Akebono pads, which are better than the OEM pads, at no additional cost. The technician, Chris met me at my work to replace my brake pads. After speaking with him and learning about his background as a master mechanic for BMW, I knew he was the real deal. He then informed me that I didn?t need new rotors since mine were in pristine condition. The dealership stated that new rotors are a must with every brake job. Chris then told me I didn?t really need pads right now since I had about 20% left. I was very impressed with his honesty. He then informed me that my rotors would last 2 sets of brakes so I told him to go ahead and replace my front ones now. I am very happy with their service and product. I will continue to use the dealership for other routine service, but when it comes to brakes, I will always use Stop on a Dime!

Description of Work
Replaced front brake pads on 2012 Mercedes ML350

07/14/2014

Soraya S.

Chris came and looked at both front and rear brake pads and rotors. He said rotors on back will need replacing soon. Took truck for a spin. Of course the squealing sound didn't happen. He told me that the noise is probably from the old rotors in the back. Don't need to replace until I hear a constant noise coming from the brakes. Very pleased with the honest way of doing business! Would recommend them to anyone needing needing brake work done to your vehicle. Best part is they come to your house! You can't beat that!!

Description of Work
Came to house to check pads and rotors because of squealing sound.

06/10/2014

David M.

Excellent. Fast appointment set; work completed at my home while I was at work. Notification on arrival and completion. Quick, easy, inexpensive and professional. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replaced front brake pads and rotors for SUV

04/24/2014

Bryan C.

It went great, and I will use them again.

Description of Work
Had them come out to replace rear drum brakes on my truck. After inspecting them, they only needed cleaning, a light resurfacing on the drum housing, and some lube. They work great now and there is no more noise. They were honest with me and only did what was necessary to get the brakes in top shape. I appreciate that and would recommend these guys to anyone. And the bonus, they came to my residence, making it super easy on me.

04/04/2014

Jill F.

emailed Stop-0n-A-Dime for an estimate on my Lexus GX470 and immediately received a response from Dan via email and a follow up phone call. Chris came out to replace the brakes and explainned that we still had a bit of brake pad left and he didn't want to make money by riping us off. These guys are amazing! It is so refreshing to deal with honest, reliable, and overall great guys. Thank you for your honesty and the brakes 101 class. We will definitely be calling you guys back in a couple months and will be letting everyone we know, what an amazing business you are running. Thanks again! The quote was so so much lower than the Lexus dealer about 1/3 of the price!

Description of Work
Checked out brakes - Said I had more life on the brakes and would credit me back $25.00 once I did indeed get the brakes.

03/29/2014

Michael G.

I was very pleased with the total work flow process with "Stop on a Dime Mobile Brake Service". From the initial phone call I made to get an estimate, deciding to go with them to install my front pads, to meeting them at my office (nice!) and discussing my options. The price was competitive and they got it done quickly and efficiently. He was very friendly, confident, very knowledgable about brakes and talked about my options and told me I did not need my rotors done which of course saved me money. I was very pleased with the service and price and will use them again when I need new brakes.

Description of Work
Installed front pads.

Auto Service
    Visa, Check, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Brake Pads, Rotors and Sensors. Other brake services. Batteries.

Oil Service. Alignment. Major engine or transmission repairs.