Willis Permian Movers Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since November 2010

3920 Gattis School Rd Ste 103

Round Rock, TX 78664

When you think of Bekins, you think, "This is moving." For more than 120 years, families like yours have trusted Bekins Van Lines to move them. Bekins has the experience and expertise you need to get you to your new destination smoothly and efficiently. New home, new community, new friends – moving can be an overwhelming experience. At Bekins, we understand the anxiety and stress of moving and we’re there to make it easier, every step of the way. You’re not alone when you move with Bekins as our process is designed to assist you throughout your entire relocation. It’s a process that offers you choice, flexibility and control. With a network of more than 370 agents across the country, Bekins can provide a variety of services including free estimates, storage, packing, loading, unloading and hauling in order to meet your individual moving needs. We can help you design a plan that fits your budget. From the salesperson that gives you an estimate to the driver that loads your belongings, you can be sure they’re equipped to handle the job. For more than a century, the Bekins name and reputation have made Bekins the mover that generations of families have trusted. ...

03/23/2017

Bryan D.

They were good. They were professional. They did everything. They charged us a lot less than we thought.

Description of Work
They moved us from one two story house to another.

02/03/2015

Dawn D.

10/3/14 Willis Permian took my household goods out of their storage facility and delivered to my new home in Georgetown, Texas. There were many missing boxes and items from my list of goods stored. These were documented by me for a total loss of $2300.00 I submitted, at their request and paperwork, my loss claim to their offices on 10/10/14. Over the last 3 months there have been a few phone calls of assurances that the claim was being worked by their moving company, Bekins Moving. The last contact I had was with Tucker Briscoe apologizing profusely for the long wait in resolving this matter, along with thanks for my patience. His assessment was that Bekins and Wheaton were trying to decide who was at fault and who should pay the claim. (I did purchase the additional loss/damage insurance)....not sure what good that did! I have since written 2 emails to their offices, to Tucker Briscoe and Michael Sanchez asking for status. It is now 1 week later and no one will answer my emails at all. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Dawn L. DeGeest

Description of Work
Approx. August 6,2014, Willis Permian provided storage for my household goods moved from Colorado to Texas. Wheaton Moving performed the move from Colorado and dropped to Willis storage facility in Round Rock, TX

01/09/2015

Lisa D.

It went beautifully. I really liked the way they packed and loaded at the same time. This kept everything room by room as they loaded and unloaded the truck. The packers and movers were very careful with our things. They were also very friendly and easy to work with.

Description of Work
The provider packed our household goods and moved them to another city.

05/21/2014

Ben G.

Tucker Briscoe, manager of Willis Permian's Austin office came out and did an estimate; weight was actually 1000 lbs under estimate; however, volume was way off. This ended up requiring part of our items to be taken to their storage facility for another moving truck to pick up and brings. Because of the last minute and constant running late, no planning was done so we received items in the first delivery like half a bed, items with missing parts, etc. We stressed to Mr. Briscoe several times that when we packed our volume would be larger than most customers as we utilized a lot of packing material to ensure items did not get broken during the moving process. I packed over 500 boxes and only had one small broken glass; this box was clearly marked "Fragile," but box was crushed, which means a very heavy box was set on top of the box marked "Fragile." We specifically asked Mr. Briscoe if he would be at our home the first day of the move. Mr. Briscoe replied he would be with no qualifying statements. Mr. Briscoe did not appear nor call on the first day of the move. Crew arrived over six hours late on first day of move; no calls to notify us - nada. We had to make repeated calls to find out what was happening and if they were even going to show up. The crew who was supposed to arrive in the mid-morning, did not arrive until 3:00 pm. Crew Leader/Driver insisted on working until after 1:30 am. The next day did not fair much better. Crew was late by approximately 45 minutes.and again worked until the early hours of the following morning. This set the tone for the move and resulted in a lot of carelessness and items not packed. One of our HON heavy duty file cabinets had apparently fallen off the truck or something, it was so damaged, dented creased and scratched that it is now "junk." Several lamps, especially floor lamps were broken or damaged as they were not packed; not disassembled as most movers do with floor lamps; they were just thrown on the truck. One floor lamp was broken completely in half and we don't know if a replacement for this lamp can now be found. We opened one box that had two glass shades from two of our floor lamps (no packing material, just thrown into the box) and a valuable oil painting that my deceased Father did, had been put between them; there was zero protection from the glass lampshades or a heavy box being set on top. We had several professional large silk flower arrangements that were thrown into a box with no packing material. This resulted in flowers (and they were expensive silk flowers like 6-inch diameter sunflowers) missing or damaged, other parts of the arrangement broken and will have to be replaced. One arrangement (again mostly 6-inch diameter silk sunflowers) and over half of the silk sunflowers flowers are missing. Movers took several items apart wherein there was no need to do so, parts were not packed together and there are several parts we still cannot locate. The Crew Leader/Driver did a very poor job of managing his crew in spite of his constant bragging of how he used to own his own moving company and all the wonderful things he had done in the past. He showed definite favoritism towards crew members who were neither productive or motivated understandably creating resentment on behalf of the other crew members. He spent more time doing things his crew should have been doing instead of supervising. We had a Weber Wood Grill that came in a stand with an attached heavy duty plastic or resin work surface table. When we received the grill, the cover was on the grill and it appeared that they were trying to hide the broken pieces. When delivery was made to destination we were barely able to get crew to re-assemble beds, etc. and most items they should have re-assembled were not done. Crew could not leave fast enough and by that time we were glad when they left. Of course this was after 2:00 am the following morning of the delivery. The crew was also whooping it up including swearing in a very small neighborhood of working residents, elderly residents and families with children. My husband finally had to go talk to them as Crew Leader did not. We still have approximately 30 boxes to unpack, several of which the Willis Permian crew packed so we expect to find more breakage and other missing items. We don't have particularly high expectations when it comes to moving companies in general, but after reading the reviews of this company we can only say how disheartened and incredibly disappointed we are with this company. We also bought the whole crew lunch and dinner when they were packing and loading the truck. We did receive a call from "Marley" at Willis Permian in Austin this morning asking how our move went. Unfortunately, we had to tell her not well and to send us a LOT of claim forms that their was a lot of damage. We did not feel it appropriate to say any more to her due to her position. The moving company (Wheaton) that delivered the remainder of our household effects immediately showed us their paper work with their notations of items broken when they went to pick up and load.

Description of Work
Move our household effects from both a large home and storage units from Texas to Maryland; also did about 40% of the packing of items we could not pack. Weight was over 24,000 pounds. This was a complicated move due to the two locations (home and storage units) and that at our home due to steepness of hill, etc. a shuttle truck was required. We also found out on the destination end that the covenants of that development required a shuttle truck as well; unfortunately, we had not received a copy of the covenants. This glitch caused over an hour's delay and was definitely not the fault of Willis Permian. From reading the reviews on Angie's list, which was the primary reason we decided on Willis Permian,a Bekins representative, it is also appeared per the available Angie's List reviews that Willis Permian does not seem to do many moves the size that our move was. We did research and read other reviews as well, such as the BBB, epinion, Yelp, Mover.com, etc. We have moved well over 16 times around the country due to my husband's job and have had our share of excellent to very good, to so-so and bad moves. This move was by far the absolute worst with the most breakage due careless or poor or no packing. We will be sending a letter to Mr. Jerome J. Willis, Owner of Willis Permian with all the details of this poorly handled move and pictures of all the breakage. We will also be responding very negatively to Bekin's Customer Survey we just received.

Category moving companies

We are sincerely apologetic that one of our customers had such a negative experience with our services. We have not been able to reach this customer to try and resolve the situation, nor were we or any of our onsite team members alerted during the move that there were any issues. We hope to build quality relationships with our customers and have open lines of communication but we admittedly failed in this instance.

05/16/2014

Cheryl W.

It went pretty well. I'd recommend them because they have a low bill and they're prompt, on time and very quick.

Description of Work
Willis Permian Movers Inc. provided me a moving service.

03/19/2014

Rick M.

John came by a week before to see what all needed to be moved and took his notes and had an estimate emailed to me by the next morning. Our closing was scheduled for 9 AM and he had his guys scheduled to be at the house at 8:30 to load the truck while we signed documents. Unfortunately we had a little hang up on getting into the new house and his guys already had the truck loaded ready to go when we got back, but they worked in an early lunch to allow time for things to work out and they did. It took 2 loads, but these guys don't mess around. We had pretty much boxed up everything and had it all sitting in a couple of rooms but they came right in and started moving things as soon as their feet hit the ground. I hope to never need to move again, but if I do I will be calling them again and will recommend them to anyone I know looking for a moving company. Good people and they stand by their service.

Description of Work
My wife and I recently used Willis Permian Movers to move from a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in Old Midland to a 4 bedroom 3.5 bath home in northwest Midland. These guys were extremely prompt, responsive and professional in the way they handled their business.

11/18/2013

Gaby S.

They showed up on time. Originally they quoted 6 hours, but the move took 9 hours and we were not charged extra. The refrigerator was damaged, but they are going to replace it. They did a good job. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Packed up big stuff and moved us about 20 miles.

09/11/2013

Bonnie J.

They did a great job for a good price! Especially after reading many reviews from people who used other companies I was glad I chose WIllis Permian Movers. They had also moved a friend of mine recently, who is extremely picky, and she thought they did great as well so I was pretty sure I would be happy and I was thrilled! I first talked to Kori and she is always so cheerful and organized it makes you know you are making the best choice right from the start. They came to my house before the move to ensure the quote/time allowed would be accurate. What I liked was that they had 3 guys who did the moving and they worked really hard. I was even telling them they could take a break as so hot in July but they didn't. There were three things they did that I feel was esp. great in the moving process. My new house had hardwood floors and they made sure to protect them, they had to carry a large ping pong table upstairs and did great, and they even moved the existing frig to the laundry area (extra connection there) and they even had to take off the door to get it in. Thanks again for the great job I would highly recommend Willis Permian Movers! -Bonnie

Description of Work
They moved my 3 bedroom house to a different home about a mile away in my neighborhood.

09/03/2013

Rebecca E.

John Willis gave us an estimate to move our household contents from Midland to Ft. Worth on July 22, 2013. He was punctual and professional and sent us a bid later that day. His bid was a little higher than the others so we went with another mover.

Description of Work
Gave a quote.

Category moving companies

We regret that this Angie’s list member was not satisfied with the quoted price for her move. We work diligently to set our pricing at levels competitive in the market and fair for the level of service we provide. We are happy to work with customers of all budgets and feel that our customers appreciate the added value reflected in the level of service they receive.

08/12/2013

BR H.

These guys were on time, brought all the packing materials needed. Worked nonstop, sang and whistled whilentheybworked. They worked together and seperately. Promptlyndrovenover 100 miles to the house and slowed down long enough to have a burger. They were polite and congenial. Would totally have them back again. And recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Pack, move and unpack over 100 miles from home.

NorthStar Moving Co

Our great reputation guarantees you great rates. (Thankfully, no one ever wins awards for overcharging.) We're thankful to be serving the Austin and San Antonio areas call today to schedule your move. Award winning. Whether we move you across Texas or across the country, our mission is to exceed your expectations with grateful customer care that moves service back into what should have always been the ultimate service industry: the moving industry. We’re the moving company Texas chooses to move happiness home. We also get your unwanted belongings to Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity so they can make someone else happy too! Visit our website to watch hundreds of our real clients' video testimonials. We want to earn our next accolade from you.

Baby Huey's Moving

We have 2 locations in Kyle and Katy Texas serving the Houston, Austin and San Antonio markets. At Baby Huey’s Moving we pride ourselves on attention to detail. Our employees are hand-picked, drug screened, must pass a criminal background check, and arrive in onsite in uniform. All of our staff is professionally trained to do it all. From packing your items in your home, apartment, or office, loading/unloading your piano, or cleaning before or after your move we are here for you every step of the way. “The difference is we care”. –Baby Huey

AB Moving - Austin

AB Moving is a professional moving company serving homes, apartments and businesses in the Austin metro area. We have been in business for over 25 years and move over 25,000 clients annually providing great service and the best prices in each city we serve. On every move we offer free shrink wrap, use of wardrobe boxes, as well as quilt padding. 5 time Angie's List winner.

General moving & storage facilities.