GREG'S REPAIR SERVICE

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2008

4924 N BENTSEN RD

Mcallen, TX 78504

35 year master mechanic...

08/11/2017

Kelly S.

I have never been dissatisfied with the work performed or the price. Greg's is very reliable, honest and trustworthy

Description of Work
Greg does all our vehicles.

12/12/2016

David K.

The diagnosis and repair were explained. The charge was reasonable for the repair.

Description of Work
Brake pedal fades.

09/30/2013

Alanna F.

We have gone several times are always happy with the service. We have visited other places in the McAllen area for car service and were very dissatisfied.

Description of Work
repaired the tire rods, starter, brakes, and changed oil

09/24/2013

John W.

Always goes great! Always answers the phone and is prompt to let you know when to expect your vehicle. Very professional and friendly atmosphere!

Description of Work
Full Synthetic Oil and filter change, general maintenance. Greg has done a great deal of work for me and my family. He is very professional, prompt and the work is quality. My only concern is that sometimes he is a bit pricey. However, you can't beat his price for the oil change. It is at least $20 less than most garages charge for a full synthetic change - even Wal-mart!

09/23/2013

James H.

The transmission in our 05 suburban was not behaving normally. My wife took the vehicle to 5 different shops, and all came back with the same diagnosis: No more 2nd gear. We needed a new (or rebuilt) transmission. The fact that all the vendors came to the same conclusion gave us confidence that we had received the correct diagnosis at the first place (Greg's). My wife was very comfortable with the treatment and professionalism that she received from Greg and his wife. In fact, she wanted to take the car back to Greg immediately, but I encouraged her to shop the job. At the end of the day, his price was the best, plus his turnaround was the best. We were both very impressed with everything about the transaction. We have a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty and I believe that if anything goes wrong during that period, it will be taken care of by this business.

Description of Work
Had transmission rebuilt

08/12/2013

Deloris T.

He is an honest man. He is fair. He is good with women. I know I can trust him. He is very helpful. I have never had any problems with any work he has done for me.

Description of Work
I used Greg's Repair Service for my car. I was there last month. We have used him a lot in the last 3 months. I had so many different things done recently, I can't think of one thing. He is not cheap, but he is worth every penny! He has worked on my car for over 20 years and I have never had a reason to be unhappy.

07/29/2013

jane L.

It went very well. He said what he could do, how long it would take and what it would cost and came through with everything he said.

Description of Work
He was honest with us in saying what he could and could not do.

07/12/2013

Jacqueline N.

Another repair place had replaced my AC compressor in my vehicle the last week of June. Two days later the car just quit as I was driving along a busy street. It started again right away but stopped twice again before I got home. I took it back to the shop...they checked it out and said the problem was unrelated to the compressor and just an unfortunate coincidence..had to have a new altenator. Approx $1,000.00 later (for compressor and altenator) I drove home only to have the car stall on me the following day in the same way as before. A friend of mine suggested Greg's Auto Repair and followed me over there. Greg found the problem and fixed it for a mere $84.00. I had another minor problem with my battery yesterday and called him..he came to my house, charged it and I followed him to his shop. His wife Shelly cheerfully drove me home. I picked it up this afternoon..he had found the glitch and refused to take any payment. After coming to my home yesterday..then giving me a ride home and keeping my car overnight to check it out..he figured out the problem and since he hadn't had to do a lot to it..no charge. Unbelievable! I'm still amazed at such treatment. I will go to Greg's EXCLUSIVELY for any work I need done on my auto. They are pleasant, professional and I highly recommend Greg's Auto Repair. Having car problems can be unsettling and I hope I don't have any more problems but if I do I can honestly say that it's very reassuring to know that Greg is only a phone call away!!

Description of Work
Solved a computer problem in my vehicle.

03/21/2013

Erica A.

My car was overdue for the 100,000 mile maintance and I had contacted several shops including a Honda dealership to request quotes on repairs. The highest amount quoted was over $1000 from the dealership. After reviewing Angies list I contacted Greg's Repair Shop just as they were stepping out for lunch. The indvidual took his time to look up my car's info and advised me that it would not need to replace the timing belt as my vehicle was not equipped with one (that alone was costing me $624 at the dealership). I took the vehicle in the next day and the work was done along with other minor issues the vehcile had pending; futhermore the costs of the work was less than 50% of the amount quoted by the Honda dealership. The staff was kind, patient and very attentive. I am confident I will be returning for all maintance and/or repairs!

Description of Work
I had maintance work done on my vehicle as it was overdue for 100,000 maintance. I had received various quotes that were in the $800-$1000 range but Greg's repair shop charged considerably less

11/03/2012

ROEL G.

Great, better than any other place that I have ever used.

Description of Work
Took my daughter in law Saturn View car for electrical and brake problems. Cost was very reasonable. Very relax and pleasent work atmostphere. Great people to be around.

Auto Service
    Auto Glass
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

auto maintence, auto repair, ac repair, computer diag, brake work, suspension work. tire replacement, glass replacement,