Village Designs Remodeling

Founded 2008 • With Angi since December 2010

2806 Lake Brook Ct

Lewisville, TX 75077

Village Designs and Remodeling is a one-stop shop for kitchen and bathroom design and remodeling. Our innovative approach to design and customer focus makes us a stand out in the industry. Our goal is to make your kitchen and bathroom remodeling dreams come true. We have developed a Design Process that we use. Village Designs and Remodeling’s goal is to turn your dream kitchen or dream bath into a reality. To achieve this goal, we would like to learn as much as possible about your design vision. A private home interview is the first step in the process. During this appointment, we encourage you to share with us anything that will help us better understand how you would like your room designed. Clients find that magazine photos, color schemes, brochures, etc., to be helpful. The next step is for a member of our team to take photos and measurements of the existing room. About a week after the initial appointment, we will submit to you our initial design. After any revisions, we will provide you with a budget and quote for the remodeling project. All the products and materials are then ordered, in order to avoid delays in construction. Once the remodeling materials have been assembled, we will contact you to regarding a construction start date. We tailor our work around your schedule and will not begin our work until you are ready. Certified Aging-in-Place Specialist....

03/18/2021

JENNIFER S.

I hired to Gene Chernay /Village Designs to remodel my kitchen in June 2018. My only regret is that I did not take the time to post a positive formal review sooner. However, since I have had experience with a number of different home improvement and home repair contractors and services since then, I have come to deeply appreciate Gene’s professionalism in comparison to others. This was a really big investment for me and a really big deal. As single mother and sole provider for my family, there were lean years where I had to live with things in disrepair because the money just wasn’t there. Once that changed, my daughter was in college and all my money went there. Finally, I was in a position to invest in my home but it was scary for me. It took me a long to time pull the trigger on signing a contract with Gene and he was patient and very professional in following up with me without pressuring me. Here is my honest take: · He was always kind and courteous, even during moments when I felt stressed or frustrated. · His tear out crew and tile people were fast and efficient! · His carpenters and electricians were a joy to have in my home and I definitely do not feel that way about every contractor or service technician who has come through my home. · Everyone picked up after themselves (trash, tools and equipment) daily and was respectful of me and my home (believe it or not, some contractors just don’t) and they did not break or damage anything (and that is not true of all contractors.) · I have since used his plumber and had positive experiences. · I have used an AC company he recommended and had positive experiences. · I wish I had used his painter to paint my exterior but I made a mistake on that decision and went with someone different for which I will post a separate review. · His fabricator did a stunning job on my kitchen counters! · I followed his recommendations on sourcing all new appliances from a business that he had a long time relationship with and that worked out really well. · He left every detail down to the selection of grout color up to me with his guidance and suggestions as needed. · He gave me a list of decisions I needed to make as we went along and helped me prioritize them. There were a couple of minor concerns with the cabinets that could have been done differently, but in the end, they are absolutely beautiful and I am so happy with my new kitchen and the way I was treated! I will definitely hire him again if he hasn’t retired by the time I am ready to do my master bathroom.

Description of Work
Complete kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, interior designers, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, appliance sales, marble & granite, home remodeling

07/18/2018

Julie C.

gene remodeled my master bathroom, my guest bathroom , and my kids' jack and jill bathroom. he first did my master bathroom, and i was so pleased with the work that i hired him to do the other two bathrooms in my house. gene pays a lot of attention to detail and tailors all the work to his clients' exact specifications. his crews are punctual and do great work. i would not hesitate to recommend him.

Description of Work
3 bathroom remodels

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been my pleasure working with you and getting to know you and your family all these years. Call if you need me for anything. I also appreciate the referrals. We will see you around the neighborhood..... Regards, Gene

04/09/2018

Priscilla S.

Gene Cherrnay was easy to work with and a true professional. We are very pleased with our new master bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

Thanks [Member Name Removed] for your great review. It was so nice working with you guys. I hope you and Mark enjoy it for years to come. Will see you around the neighborhood. Thanks again.....

08/24/2017

Robert S.

Took longer than scheduled, but very satisfied with work. Extended schedule did not result in problem.

Description of Work
Installed tile shower in master bath.

Category home remodeling

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thanks for your review. Sorry for the slight delay. Hope [Member Name Removed] is getting better and you both are enjoying your new enlarged shower. Regards, Gene

09/09/2014

David & Annie F.

Gene came onsite and reviewed our current Master Bathroom.. He listened (very well) to our wishes as we described our ideal bathroom. He created a rendering of the new bathroom layout, and provide various samples for the material. We selected the design and plan he proposed.. He worked with us very closely as we selected the Tile for the floor, the Tile for the shower, the accents for the tile, the Marble for the Countertops, the new bathroom fixtures. Gene and his assistant Dan are extremely professional, and customer focused. They were both very prompt for all meetings and work that was scheduled.. They were onsite overseeing the entire project, and kept us up to date with all the status. They were quick to respond to issues that arose and executed plans to overcome obstacles encountered. I was so pleased with the coordination of all the subcontractors and skilled workers by Gene and Dan. if you could ever think a complete remodel of room in your house was a pleasant experience.. working with Gene and Dan sure made us enjoy the process. thank you guys!!! we LOVE our new Master Bath.

Description of Work
remodel / redesign Master Bathroom Remove Wall / Expand Shower, demo entire Bathroom including Tub, Sinks, Counters, Shower, Toilet, lights, tile, even wall texture. Built new Linen closet , installed new tile floors, installed new vanity, installed new Sinks, Toilets, Shower, Tiled Shower, but up new texture, paint, lighting, exhaust fans.. actually everything is completely new and the layout is been modified.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

Hi [member name removed], Thanks for such a great review. You guys were such a pleasure to work with. I love what I do and I love working with such nice people like you. Communication is the key to any successful remodel and we did communicate well. Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to create such a beautiful bathroom for you. Regards, Gene

09/07/2014

Mark M.

After talking with Gene one day, and getting excited about getting an estimate to begin the long over due bathroom remodel, something change the next day. A lot of, in my mine, excuses why not to come out and give an estimate. Seems my job didn't present the numbers he would like to warrant an estimate.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

For over 30 years I have been designing and remodeling kitchens and bathrooms in the DFW area. There has been times when business has been bad and some times when business is quite good. I am a small operation and can only handle affectively two projects per month. And even the two projects I am working on need to be in an approximate geographic location for me to be most effective in what I do. After considering these factors I felt it would be difficult for me to best service you and your project. I am sorry if I did not handle this communication to your expectations.

05/12/2014

Shara G.

It went very well. Gene came out to meet with us and provided us an estimate and proposal within 2 weeks as promised. He was very professional and communicated extremely well.

Description of Work
Gene provided us with an estimate

Category home remodeling

Hi [member name removed], Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. Although I always strive for all "A"s I understand the "B" on price. When you get the funding and are ready to move forward with the project please call. Our price is all inclusive. No surprises. Have a great Summer. Regards, Gene Cherrnay Village Designs and Remodeling

05/07/2014

Tracy T.

We got it done in September. The service was very good and we were not at all disappointed. The work overall when finished was very good as well.

Description of Work
They remodeled the bathroom.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much for your kind words. I do hope you are enjoying what we created together. Did you every get that sliding barn door for the master bathroom? Again, it was a pleasure working with you. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to call, text or email. Enjoy...... Regards, Gene

04/04/2014

Robert R.

Submitted online request - response within 24 hours. Scheduled time for first visit - showed up on time. Delivered proposal when expected. Modified proposal according to needs - very professional. Not the least expensive. Spent time getting to know me (very important difference from others that provided quotes). New floor, new shower, new tub, new countertops, new faucets, new sinks, new toilet, paint, resurfaced cabinets, new cabinet hardware, new window, new/improved lighting, improved ventilation. Gene Cherrnay is a professional. Communicated effectively. Not everything went as planned, but challenges were met and results were just as expected. Gene will start in first place on my list for a major kitchen remodel this year.

Description of Work
Remodeled master bath.

03/28/2014

Aditya G.

Right from the first time we met Gene for the estimate, he came across as very professional, sincere and thorough. So glad we chose him because his work reflects exactly that! He completely redesigned our closed kitchen into a beautiful open space we now enjoy. It was our first remodeling project so we were very nervous. He took the time to really understand what we wanted and delivered as promised till the very end! He has a good set of contractors that are always in praise of him. He was always on the job to personally over see the day's progress and always accessible by phone and email. His attention to detail is amazing. The best thing about Gene is if there is something wrong, he simply takes care of it till you are satisfied. We have really enjoyed getting to know him and working with him. We would highly recommend him to anyone interested in good quality work and professionalism!

Description of Work
Complete Kitchen Redesign and Remodel

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/30/2013

Daniel C.

Gene Cherrnay, owner of Village Designs, personally oversaw the entire project. His personal commitment and hand holding through the entire process gave us complete confidence that everything would be completed as promised and on time. All materials were correctly ordered, delivered on time and were exactly what we picked. Gene's selection of and long standing relationship with a proven set of skilled subcontractors (9 in all during the process), gave us additional confidence that each phase of the project would be performed according to specs and professionally completed. While we did exceed our budget in later selections during the process, Gene worked with us to procure upgrades at contractor prices which enabled us to get the kitchen we wanted at a price we can live wth. We are absolutely thrilled with the results and would recommend Village Designs without hesitation.

Description of Work
Village Designs remodeled our kitchen, breakfast nook and laundry room which included everything except the original cabinets. Specifically, all new floor tile, backsplashs, granite counter tops, appliances, plumbing, lighting, painting, venting, electrical and some cabinet work. They also provided professional support for color selection and design.

Category home remodeling

I have been designing and remodeling kitchens and bathrooms for over 30 years. I really enjoy what I do. I used to work for the money but now it is for the joy of meeting and working with interesting people like you and [removed member name]. The money is a bonus. It has been a pleasure working with you. Please call, text or email me if there is anything else I can do for you.

10/29/2013

Julie P.

After meeting with us and talking with us about what we wanted done to our home, Gene prepared a design for our kitchen. We were thrilled with his ideas. The plan showed that he had listened to us and included changes that we didn't think were possible with the existing footprint.The workmen that he brought in were professional and did excellent work. Gene continually checked to make sure that we were satisfied.

Description of Work
Gene designed and remdeled our kitchen. This included drawing up the plans and overseeing the work. The remodel included new cabinets, new countertops, moving the placement of appliances and putting in new appliances, removal of wallpaper and painting,and new flooring. He also coordinated new flooring and painting of our dining, living, and family rooms.

Category home remodeling

I want to thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and your family. The biggest compliment is that you referred [customer referal names removed] to me. I can't thank you enough. If there is anything I can help you with in the future, please don't hesitate to call, text or email. I will be there.

10/10/2013

steve W.

I had 4 bids on this remodel which included 2 shower areas, fixtures, plumbing modifications, and flooring. I am new to Angie's list so used past reviews. Gene, the owner, lives in my neighborhood and takes pride in the area. Between this, his personality and competitive price, I chose them. I like a personal relationship with someone that's going to be in my house for a week, and he could put business aside and be a real person, I like that. The work was awesome, executed in a timely manner between plumbing and tile work. Both teams (tile and plumbing) worked extremely well together and we're very courteous in my home. ALWAYS early, EVERY day! I just started leaving them there all day and running errands. Job complete and perfect in every aspect. Will use Village Design for future work.

Description of Work
2 bathroom remodels (tile, floor and plumbing)

07/09/2013

Karen M.

We initially contacted Gene and one other highly rated contractor in the summer of 2012 to meet with us and give us a very high-level estimate of the costs we could expect for this project. Both Gene and the other contractor meet with us and talked about options we should consider, things that impact cost and typical timing and costs for a job our size. Fast forward 7 months to January of 2013. Although both contractors we meet with the previous summer were highly rated and both provided general cost ranges that were very similar, we selected Gene based primarily on the fact that he is an extremely likeable and conscientious person. Plus, he doesn't take on many jobs, so we knew we would be getting his full attention. We began meeting with Gene in January to start the planning process. Gene is very patient and very easy to work with. This was the largest remodel my wife and I had every done, so we had lots of questions. Gene responded to all of them - this is where his easy demeanor comes in very handy. We selected all of the necessary fixtures, granite and tile -- the most difficult was the mirrors and the lights (who knew). Based upon Spring Break, we asked Gene to start the Monday immediately following and like clockwork, he called us that Sunday to confirm everything. He estimated the job would take 3 full weeks. The crew placed plastic pretty much everywhere to protect against the dust from demolition and then Gene has his cleaning crew do a full clean of the impacted areas upon completion.. The project proceeded along without a hitch for the first two weeks and everything looked (and still looks) great. Our only hiccup was the glass order for the frame less shower. For some reason, the order didn't get placed in a timely fashion and so that delayed the install by a few days. Not the end of the world, but since everything else was so easy up to that point, any slippage in the dates was noticed. Basically, instead of having use of our shower on Saturday, we had it on Monday. The shower however, does look fantastic. Gene has also been great at follow-up during the entire process and afterwards to make sure we are happy. He is extremely easy to get in contact with and was very prompt responding to items. He also did a great job of stopping by the job site each day or calling us in the evening to make sure things were going well or to see if we had any questions. I would gladly recommend him to anyone and think he did an absolute wonderful job on our bathroom. When we redo the kitchen, he will be the first call I make

Description of Work
Complete remodel of master bathroom. No structural work. New shower, new tub, new flooring, new cabinets, new counter-tops, new fixtures, new sinks. Also, they performed all electrical work, plumbing connections and painting.

05/29/2013

Art F.

Very well. Lots of dust but that is to be expected. Some minor unexpected issues with uneven ceiling, electrical, tile but overall went very, very well. We are extremely pleased. Gene was always available, always responsive, always there to please; there was never a controversy or disagreement. All of Gene's subs performed admirably but some had to return to tweak a few items but the final result is awesome.

Description of Work
Total remodel of the kitchen, no footprint change. Including new custom cabinets, new lighting, new switches, new floor, new countertops, new under counter lighting, strip popcorn ceiling and texture walls and ceiling, paint, backsplash tile, new sink. We provided the appliances. We purchased a faucet but he gave us an allowance on part of it. Total job was about 4 weeks, though we were using the kitchen in 3.

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, lighting, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

01/17/2013

Tom J.

From beginning to end, Gene did what he said he would do and did it timely. A schedule was planned and the plan was executed well. Gene and his crew were punctual and professional. Care was taken to isolate the remodel area from the rest of the house to prevent construction dust from spreading. We ended up with a beautiful new kitchen that exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Very Good

Category home remodeling

Thanks for your review. I really appreciate getting to know you, Member and the little ones. It has been my pleasure working with you and making sure you were 100% satisfied with me, my company and all my associates I brought to your beautiful home. Always feel free to call. I will respond....

08/22/2012

Ann S.

This service did a terrific job and we are very pleased with them.

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen counter including back splash and kitchen sink

Category countertops, home remodeling

It was such a delight working with you. I am so happy the Sayler's sent you my way.

06/19/2012

Keshvar B.

Each project that Gene has executed for us has goon so very smoothly that we continue to go back to him for the next upgrades. I am eager to use Gene again, but wanted to made sure I share his talents and great work ethic with others. We plan to call on him yet again and he has been so kind and generous in working with our religious organization. There were many women involved who wanted different things, but Gene was patient and forthcoming with his advice and wisdom. We have a great kitchen that is used my many today and his foresight has been invaluable, i know that now after having used that kitchen for one year. We began working together when he designed my kitchen 4 years ago now. Well it has been a wonderful space and my parents would say the same of the kitchen he designed for them 2 years ago. Great use of space and his advice is always geared to the situation at hand. If you are looking for someone dependable, trustworthy, prompt, professional and easy to work with, then Gene is the one you want to work with. We look forward to working with you again soon Gene, thank for all your help.

Description of Work
Gene Cherrnay begins his services with professionalism and expert advice. Therefore, the first meeting has always been a fact finding effort to determine what we want as an end result. Gene was responsible for the redesign of my kitchen, then my parents kitchen and since he did such a great job, our religious organization also used his skills to design and install the new kitchen for our new building in Flower Mound. He was involved in the design process, the ease of use angles, the practicality angles, the end look and finally the things that we did not think about but he certainly did. From design to installation, Gene was the man and every step of the way he accommodated all that we wanted and asked for.

Category home remodeling

Thanks you for your kind words. I feel like I have been working with you and your family for years. It has been a pleasure and an honor to work with you, your parents and now hopefully your place of worship too.

06/15/2012

Kerstin O.

Project was not started. We chose another contractor because Gene had other project commitments and we had summer visitors coming and were against a rigid time crunch.

Description of Work
Gene from Village Design is as thorough as they come. He provided a timely estimate and plan for a $20,000 bathroom remodel. The only reason we chose another contractor is because we were pressed to complete the project by a certain date because of expected visitors. Gene could not meet that time line because of other project commitments. I would use Gene again. His pricing may be a little higher but it is hard to find someone who would put more time into your project than Gene.

03/07/2012

Neil W.

My wife and I couldn't be happier with our bathroom. We wanted a simple, relatively low-cost update to our bathroom, and Village Designs and Remodeling provided just that. Gene, the owner, is extremely detailed and has a great eye for design. He initially won our business because he seemed so trustworthy and easy to work with. Gene worked with us to create a plan and was very accommodating with our requests. All of the employees who worked on our bathroom, from the tilers to the electrician to the plumber, were very professional and completed quality work. We would recommend Village Designs to all of our friends.

Description of Work
The entire master bath floor was tiled with 18x18 porcelain tile. The shower and bathtub were tiled with 13x13 tile and also had decorative tiles added for contrast. The shower basin was ripped out and a new concrete shower base was built. The bathroom was trimmed with wood baseboard, as we preferred that to the bullnose tile base. Our old lighting fixtures were removed and they installed new recessed lighting. They also ensured our electrical outlets were meeting current building code requirements.

09/24/2011

Beverly B.

I could not be more pleased with the lovely improvements made to our master bath. Gene Cherrnay of Village Designs & Remodeling was truly a pleasure to work with, from the first consultation to the last walk through. After meeting with my husband and I, Gene provided drawings and plans that addressed our needs and ideas, while incorporating his own expertise. Gene provided helpful guidance along the way in making the selections of materials. Gene and his crew were punctual, courteous, and very careful about cleaning up each day and protecting, as much as possible, our house in the process of the remodeling. On the first day of construction we had our only disagreement. But after Gene presented his case and we still disagreed, he wisely acquiesced to our decision. Our remodel went smoothly and finished ahead of schedule. Gene is very professional and provides good customer service. He was able to help me take my inspiration and vision and make it real. His strength is in his understanding of architecture and construction, not in creative, unique design. His design sense is traditional and classic; just what I was looking for.If you want something cutting edge or the latest in design, you might look elsewhere. I would definitely hire Gene Cherrnay again. In fact I am planning to have him work on our back patio.

Description of Work
Our master bath was remodeled. We replaced our shower & tile, bath vanity, sinks, and hardware, along with the vanity lights and mirror. We also painted.

Category home remodeling

Thank you so much for your review. It has been a pleasure working with you and your friend and I look forward to the next project. Enclose your patio?

08/01/2011

Hillary S.

We were extremely impressed with Gene Cherrnay. Not only was he very professional, but his personality was a great fit for us. Where the other two companies were going to rely on us to pick out and deliver tubs, hardware, etc.; Gene actually went with us to showrooms to answer any questions we had and help us make an informed decision on every aspect of our remodel. He arranged for all supplies and hardware to be delivered and coordinated with our schedule. Gene provided us with a schedule of the remodel, and other than a few snags, stuck to it. He started and finished on schedule. He has a tile guy, a painter, an electrician, and a plumber that he uses for every job so each one worked great. We were never afraid to leave Gene and his crew alone in our home. Another BIG plus for this company: Gene had a cleaning crew come in after the remodel was complete to clean all the dust and other mess throughout the ENTIRE house!! As a mom of two boys with a crazy schedule, this was heaven. The bathroom remodel was a great success! Because Gene is so creative and in tune with his clients, he suggested design ideas that we otherwise would not have thought about. We could not be happier with the final product, and we will definitely be using Village Designs & Remodeling for any other remodel/design project we have!

Description of Work
We called Village Designs & Remodeling as one of three companies to give us estimates on a complete remodel of our master bathroom. Our bathroom consisted of a large main room with a huge tub, a separate shower, a linen closet, and a large vanity with cabinets and two sinks. There was also a small toilet room off the main bathroom. We wanted to tear everything out and redo including the light fixtures, carpet, existing tile, cabinets, mirrors, vanity, toilet, tub, shower, as well as scrape the ceiling and add wiring for a television.

Category home remodeling

Thank you, thank you, thank you. One for each of the projects we have worked together on. You guys are alot of fun to work with. Call me anytime, for anything. I know you will....

06/05/2011

Douglas B.

Gene Cherrnay was very professional throughout the process. He was the first of 5 contractors that we met with and received proposals to remodel our master bathroom. Gene presented us with a very comprehensive proposal that was not only to our liking but very competitive price wise. Since he was the first contractor that we met with we asked him to make several revisions as we took the best ideas from all of the proposals. He happily met with us several times and revised the plans more to our liking. His references were all glowing with recommendations not only of Gene as a contractor, but of his high quality workmanship. In the end we narrowed the field down to Gene and one other contractor. It was difficult to choose between the two, but in the end we decided to go with the other contractor, which is not a reflection on Gene or his proposal. We would certainly ask Gene to give us proposals on future projects, and even recommend him to othesr that ask us for recommendations for this kind of work.

Description of Work
We received a proposal for a total gut and rebuild of our Master bathroom. This included the demolition of our existing bathroom, rebuilding our shower, new custom cabinets, 3/8" glass doors, jetted tub, plumbing fixtures, lighting, tile work, electrical work, as well as granite counter tops, Etc. Pretty much everything you would expect in a high end master bathroom renovation.

Category interior designers, home remodeling

01/10/2011

Robert R.

We left Gene Cherrnay, the owner, in charge of our home while we were still living in our old home in another city. The job was done beautifully and as scheduled, even with our difficult deadlines! We came to our new home which was ready, done perfectly and clean as a whistle! There was not one thing left undone or not done well. Everything worked as expected and just the way we wanted. I will use Gene and Village Designs for any future jobs I have and will recommend them highly to anyone. The job came in at the quoted price and all materials used were the ones we contracted for. Gene even left a beautiful pot of flowers to welcome us home!

Description of Work
Village Designs put in hardwood floors, painted, put in new lighting, did some plumbing jobs, reworked cabinates, put in ceiling fans and new lighting, added storage spaces in several rooms, designed outdoor spaces, and added bathroom safety accessories.

Category custom cabinets, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

01/10/2011

David E.

See above - schedules were kept - contractors were professional - finished work met our approval - Gene Cherrnay was on hand to assure that what he designed became a reality for us.

Description of Work
Gene Cherrnay of Village Designs designed and remodeled our entire 30 year old kitchen. He met with us initially to discuss our needs and wants and within a week brought us a design that met or exceeded all of our desires and within our budget. He listened to us, made suggestions to assist us in our decisions along the way and implemented our choices. He guided us through choices in granite, tile, cabinet design, plumbing fixtures and appliances. His contractors were professional, prompt, efficient and always cleaned up after themselves. Gene was always on hand to oversee installation and to assure the finished product met our approval. We always felt comfortable with Gene and his contractors. We were especially pleased with Gene's design for our backsplash. We picked out the tiles but he is the one that turned those tiles into a spectacular display that always draws comments from our friends and family. Gene gave us our dream kitchen that is both beautiful and functual. He also followed up with us a year after our initial contact with him to make sure we were still pleased with the outcome. We most definitely are and told him we would not change a thing that he had done. When we decide to remodel our bathrooms we will again contact Gene Cherrnay of Village Designs.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, interior designers, lighting, appliance sales, marble & granite, home remodeling