New Finish Tub & Counter Refinishing

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2010

We can make old worn tubs, tile, vanities, counters... you name it... look and feel new again for about 1/5th the cost of replacement. We've had customers swear it looks like they spent 25K remodeling their bathroom when the actual cost was $1750! We can do the same for kitchen counters too. You simply must see it to believe it. You will be stunned....

bathtub refinishing (328)tile installation (12)countertop installation (40)home remodeling (18)floor buffing (4)home staging (2)marble & granite (1)

06/14/2021

Dee B.

Ted is awesome he listened took his time and paid attention to detail. I would definetly hire Ted again.

Description of Work
I had my Jacquzi Bathtub and Shower refinshed along with the tile surrond.

Work Completed On 03/14/2021

Thanks my friend! The frameless minimalist style looks AWESOME and there's far less to clean --- and no more locked-in mold and mildew problems!

02/19/2020

Dave W.

UPDATE: After my previous unfavorable review, Ted contacted me immediately (Next morning). After some conversation, he said somehow my number had been blocked on his end so he never got my messages. Bottom line: he offered to come by next day and do the work that was left and make it right. He showed up as agreed and wrapped up the work. Ted is very polite, was very apologetic and punctual.

Description of Work
Refinish a bathtub

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

01/13/2020

TERRY M.

During a recent bathroom remodel, the tub suffered some damage that had not been present prior to the remodel. Numerous places were chipped and the areas that had been treated (at the factory-prior to purchase) to be skid-resistant were now dirty looking. Normal bathroom cleaning products could not get them looking any better. I contacted the first refinishing company who requested photos be emailed to them. They then gave a quote of $820 for the work that needed to be done, and they recommended their Turnkey Service, an additional $95, which would cover the cost of them returning the next day to re-caulk & clean up- things that cannot be done until the finish dries. Part of that quote included completely stripping, then "skinning" the tub because, they had determined from looking at the photos, that the tub had been refinished before. WHAT? We purchased the house new, and this is a guest bathroom that has seen little use prior to the remodel. We have never had any reason to refinish the tub until the damage done during the remodel. Anyway, I returned to Angie's list to find someone else to get another quote. I spoke with Ted who gave me a price for what he figured needed to be done based on me telling him there were some chips and such that had been temporarily patched to keep any rust from forming. The potential savings was worthwhile to have him come out to look at the tub in person to assess what would actually need to be done. He came the next day, confirmed the price he had quoted, and said it could be done right then. We were in the middle of having the master bath remodeled, which meant our other bathroom was already out of commission... so I was hesitant to proceed right then... but he said it would take only about 1.5 hours, so we decided to do it. The end result is beautiful. Just like new? No, but closer than it did BEFORE the damage done by the remodel because it looks clean. No dingy anti-skid patches. And 100 times better than it did when New Finish started. We are very pleased with the finished project and would recommend seeing if New Finish will work for you before spending a fortune with the other company.

Description of Work
Repairing Damage to Porcelain Tub

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

Review for New Finish Tub & Counter Refinishing - 3310 Shadow Wood Cir, Lewisville, TX - 38335054

11/12/2019

Dawn B.

I contacted the company about refinishing a bathtub, after accessing the situation, he said that a tub refinish might not be the best choice in this specific situation and gave me some alternatives to work out the issues I was having. He was very honest and helpful. I would definitely recommend him to anyone needing this type of service.

Description of Work
Bathroom tub refinish

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

05/29/2019

Katharine G.

We had two bathtubs refinished. Ted was great; he was very responsive and got started right away. He was easy to work with and the tubs look great.

Description of Work
bathtub refinishing

Work Completed On 05/27/2019

05/09/2019

Alison M.

Service was quick and very professional. Originally wanted our 2 bathtubs refinished but we were easily persuaded to get our very outdated sink tops refinished as well! We were very happy with the results and the suggestion to get it done and all for a very reasonable price. We would hire them again for sure!

Description of Work
refinish bathtubs

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

Work Completed On 04/01/2019

02/07/2019

brad B.

Great. Ted came out the first day and applied chemicals to remove the old paint that a previous owner had applied to the bathtub. He came out the next day to remove the old paint, repaired the finish of the porcelain tub, and then applied a clear coat. It looks brand new. He also fixed the drain that was installed incorrectly at no extra charge. Ted did a great job of arriving on time, not causing a mess in our house, keeping the fumes to a minimum, and cleaning up after he was complete. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Removed old paint from porcelain bathtub; repaired bathtub finish and applied clear-coat

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed] -- that one was a beast --- THREE layers of previous finishes on it, ONE of 'em gloss black if you can picture it... Anyhoooo it came out nice, enjoy, should not give you anymore trouble and ixnay on giving away my excretsay! JK! Ted

11/25/2018

William F.

Can’t believe the improvement in appearance.

Description of Work
Kitchen counter refinishing

Work Completed On 11/25/2018

07/15/2018

LISA F.

The refinished tub looks like new and the "new" surround updated the look of the room. Very pleased with the outcome and the quick response and wish I had done it sooner.

Description of Work
Refinish tub and the tile surround

Work Completed On 06/28/2018

07/08/2018

Laurie B.

He finally did come out and the job was excellently done.

Description of Work
I needed a bathroom tub redone.

Work Completed On 07/07/2018

"Finally"! Ha! Well we DO get busy at times... glad you're happy!

01/29/2018

Ola T.

I appreciated the owner advising me the work on my bathtub did not meet the advertised service. He stated he could do the job, but it would not solve the problem. He also advised me to request a refund. He was professional in advising the condition of the tub would require additional work and money and recommended a full replacement and advised me of the questions to ask another vendor if I chose to replace my bathtub.. I appreciated his honesty.

Description of Work
Unfortunately, work was not performed, my bathtub did not meet the criteria of the ad

Work Completed On 12/29/2017

01/23/2018

Jan B.

Excellent - he did a very good job and was very informative about about the options for the best restoration. Very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Bath tub refinished

Work Completed On 01/23/2018

01/11/2018

Nicki P.

Perfect job. Thrilled with results and experience.

Description of Work
Refinishing tub surround, glazing tub, refinishing tile shower

01/08/2018

Rajashree V.

Very well done. He was on time and did a great job

Description of Work
Bathtub refinish

Work Completed On 01/08/2018

12/18/2017

Nate C.

Everything went great, it has been two weeks and everything is still perfect.

Description of Work
Bathtub Resurface

Work Completed On 12/18/2017

11/28/2017

Judi H.

Very Well. There was an additional charge because the tub had been resurfaced before, but I was told this over the phone before he came. Ted was very pleasant and did a great job.

Description of Work
Resurfacing old bathtub

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

11/27/2017

William & Suzanne W.

It went fine. It had been refinished about 10 years ago which had to be removed before the new finish was applied. That was difficult but he worked hard and completed the job as quickly as possible. It looks good now.

Description of Work
We had an old iron bathtub refinished.

Work Completed On 10/29/2017

11/27/2017

Ross M.

As requested I did all the necessary Plumbing before arrival, changing the shower valve cartridge as it had started dripping, New Overflow , Drain and polished the Shower Control / Handle. Ted arrived on time , did a fantastic job and was very thorough and professional. Left the tub overnight to cure / dry . He came back the next day to finish , caulked around the top of the tub and did some touchups as he found some imperfections. Now the bathtub looked great..

Description of Work
Upstairs Cast Iron tub needed repair/ refinishing, selected New Finish Tub & Counter Refinishing based on the reviews...

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

11/18/2017

Linda H.

It went very well. Very good job. I would use him again.439

Description of Work
Tub refinished.

Work Completed On 11/18/2017

11/13/2017

John F.

Ted did a great job, very quickly. We had asked for a full refinish, but he thought a patch would hold up better over the long term. It looks good and seems durable.

Description of Work
We had several chips in our porcelain tub that needed repair

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

11/03/2017

Ron B.

It went great. The fellow responded quite soon after I purchased the deal through Angie's List. He asked if there was a previous re-finish job that had be done (there had been) and that it would cost a little more to strip the old finish off. This seemed (and still seems) reasonable. He came on a Saturday, laid on the stuff to strip the old coat, and then said he would come back later that day to finish it or on the next day. After a couple of hours he let me know that he got delayed and that he would return the next day. He did, and that was that. The work looks very clean. He caulked edges, including an area that needed quite a bit of it. All was left in order. We're very pleased with the look.

Description of Work
Refinishing a tub.

11/01/2017

Tyson S.

Installer was punctual and professional, and the tub looks a heck of a lot better than it did before.

Description of Work
Bathtub resurfacing

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

10/23/2017

Scott B.

Very well. There was some confusion at first in ordering a special online. After that was taken care of, he offered to coat our countertop with some special coating, which was needed since the previous owner simply painted the countertop with latex paint.

Description of Work
Refinished bathtub; also coated bathroom countertop

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops