Madison Custom Cabinets

4.3

Furniture - Custom Made
General Remodeling
Framing

Austins Premier Custom Cabinet Shop. - Wall Cabinets, Built in Cabinets, Full Kitchen and bathroom work - We do our own finishing and installation.- Full 3-D designs are available.- We have a huge reference list.- Call for a free estimate.- We do have a $1500 dollar minimum order ask for details. Let us design and build your next project....

Austin Cabinets Direct LLC

Here at Austin Cabinets Direct we are a dealer for multiple different cabinet brands. We sell quality products for a better price.

Marling's Home and Exteriors

At Marling's Home And Exteriors we strive to provide our customers with an unforgettable experience by providing you with exceptional customer service and a quality finished product! Marling's Home And Exteriors focuses on keeping up with the latest methods of a true quality build that will outlast the competition! our services include General contracting, deck building, new construction/ remodel framing, siding installation, patio covers, pergolas, gazebos, outdoor kitchens , and much more! We take the extra steps that most builders do not to provide you with the highest quality builds!

Hometown Decking & Decorative Concrete

Angie's List Super Service Award several years running! At Hometown Decking & Decorative Concrete our goal is to provide you an awesome outdoor entertaining or personal area. We provide free estimates and planning sessions. We have a long list of references and would love the opportunity to come out and help find something for you. Locally owned & operated.

06/17/2016

Bryan T.

Stay away from Madison Cabinets! Although people may have had success with the previous owner, the new owner and his staff do not know anything about managing projects and following up with customers. We put a $6k deposit down on a project in January of 2016 and have yet to even receive a final drawing. We have called several times to discuss the status of our project and their "we will get back to you" never happens. When I talked to their new project manager two days ago, she was rude and condescending. I have sent an email to the owner asking for my money back with no response. How can a company like this stay in business?

Description of Work
The provider was supposed to do a master closet remodel.

Category custom cabinets,home & garage organization

10/09/2015

Alicia C.

We found Madison Cabinets on Houzz.com and were very excited to see their work in person after watching the videos they had on their website. After visiting their shop in Leander we were convinced that the quality of their cabinets was what we wanted for our home. We signed a contract with Nathan in early April and requested a delivery date of last week in June. They agreed that they would call us 3-4 weeks in advance of their 'final measure' so that we could work with our remodeling contractor to get the existing kitchen cleared. On 6/2 we got a call from Gene saying that they were ready to come out and do the final measure and deliver our cabinets. That left us scrambling to get things scheduled quickly with the remodeling contractor since Madison did NOT give us the 3-4 weeks advance notice. Our remodeling contractor was booked out until early July so we weren't able to start kitchen demolition until July 6th. I let Gene at Madison Cabinets know and he worked with us to get our final measure scheduled. Once the final measure was done it all went downhill. After the final demolition our kitchen sat empty for almost a month waiting for the cabinets that we'd previously been told were ready. Multiple times we heard the excuse "my 5 best guys called in" when they'd miss the expected delivery dates that they quoted us. And then once they started to deliver cabinets it wasn't a one time trip. We're now at October 9th and STILL aren't completely finished with the installation because they keep only completing parts of the job but leaving other things undone. The cabinets that we do have in now are beautiful, and seem very well constructed. So the problem I have is not with the quality, but with the experience working with the company. This company has the potential to deliver great quality cabinets and make a ton of money, but they can't get their act together. They constantly make commitments that they don't keep. Multiple times they've called and expected us just to get out of work to come let their guys in at a moment's notice. If you consider buying from this company please know the following that we experienced: 1. Nathan is a great salesman. He will make you believe in the quality of the products and the company. But once you sign the contract he turns you over to Gene or Eriver who deal with you after you've signed and given the 50% deposit. 2. Gene genuinely seems to want to do the right thing for the customer, but he's overwhelmed with the volume of work. To me this indicates that Nathan is signing too many customers without the ability to meet the commitments. 3. Once you get to the point where your cabinets are ready to be installed you are turned over to Eriver. Eriver is very erratic in his behavior. In my experience he was not organized, didn't know what need to be completed, and wouldn't commit to when other things would be complete. 4. You will NOT get the timeline you want. No matter what they say they'll commit to they will be late (probably very late). 5. Their sub-contractors, in some cases, are not very careful. We had a couple of things broken by them but in fairness when I let Eriver know they were good about remedying the situation. 6. The quality of their cabinets is very good. You just have to weigh whether you're willing to put up with all of the rest for this quality. Overall, I cannot recommend Madison Cabinets given our experience.

Description of Work
We did a full kitchen remodel where Madison Cabinets made custom cabinets for the entire kitchen (including a new island).

Category custom cabinets,remodeling,home remodeling

01/26/2015

Michelle K.

The work was excellent. They had a small challenge when they installed it but made it work. Overall I was very pleased with the quality of work. I would tell a friend that they are very attentive to your vision and the quality of the work is very good.

Description of Work
They came out to make a custom book case.

10/31/2014

Jeremy B.

We were looking to contract a cabinet company for a large project in our home. I contacted Madison Cabinets in November 2013, and told Nathan what I'd like to get done. The issues were 1.email quote didn't match the contract. 2. delay in installation. Originally, cabinets were supposed to be installed in June. Installed in October. 3. limited contact. I sent an email that failed to get a response about an installation date, and made a few calls to the number that's listed here. I had to call Angie's List and they provided me with another number. A little more explained for issue 1. Original quote was for $14475. Nathan sent the drawings and there were a few changes made. The entertainment center was not correct. He made the changes and sent me the drawings. Seconds later, another email from Nathan said, "Here is the other paperwork. I am having computer issues." Attached to that email was a contract for $16300. No explanation for the $2K increase. Be careful.

Description of Work
A home office, book cases, built in entertainment center, and linen closet. All drawings and measurements are attached.

Category custom cabinets,custom furniture

To whom it may concern. We made a MAJOR move from a shop in Hutto to a larger shop in Leander. Our Quality of product is unmatched in the Austin area. Please come by our show room to see for yourself. I really wish this customer would have posted pictures of the project. You would see the the quality is not the issue. The time frame was effected by the move. We had major challenges with the City permits and just plain challenges of moving out operations and tooling and getting back up to speed with our new location. Please read down the list for reviews that where not effected by this move. As of 12/5/14 we are fully operational in the new space and can take great care of your needs. As far as price I am completely confused by his statement. He added quite a bit of cabinetry to the total and approved the added cost when he made the changes. Our bids are very detailed. He later said he signed the contract without looking at it and then tried to get me to take the extra cost off after they project was installed. I told him that we had many months to discuss how we could have gotten the price down. We are 100% custom and could have made some design changes to bring the cost down. On top of that he was supposed to do some demo work to save money and did not do this. We did all the extra work to demo with no added cost to him. We where late on the install due to the move but as far as quality and pricing that is just simply not true. Please come by the shop or see our reviews on yelp and [hyperlink removed] before you judge us off this one review. Thank you for your time and interest in Madison Cabinets.

09/09/2014

Margaret R.

After the deposit check cleared on April 15, I contacted them to make certain they had received the check. On April 18, they responded saying they had a new office manager, and that was the reason for not confirming receipt, and that Gene would be in contact with me soon to get the final measurements. On April 24, I received an email stating they were updating their production schedule and they would let me know when I was on the schedule. On June 2, I asked for an update, and I was told Gene was out of the office, and when he was back they would get with him and give me an estimated install date. I later received an email that they were estimating the end of July. On June 26, I contacted them and asked when the measure would be as I had been told that Gene would need to make the final measure 2-3 weeks prior to installation, which was still scheduled for the end of July. On July 9, I again contacted them asking about the final measure if installation was to be the end of July. They responded that they were just about to contact me to schedule. Gene was to come for the final measure and bring color samples for me to pick the color. A young man arrived as Gene was not available, and took some measurements. He did not have any door or color samples as was arranged. Later I learned that their "scheduling software" was projecting the week of August 18 for installation, but that they were having some guys work nights to try to bridge the gap and were hoping to have the projects done sooner than projected. On July 29, I received an email blast from Nathan stating that they were behind schedule, and that my project was projected to be complete by mid to late August. On August 11, I sent an email asking for an update and was told my project was in line for production and that it only takes a few days to finish once it was started. After 7 months, on August 26, I sent an email stating that on August 28, I would be at their office to pick up a refund check. I received a couple of emails back stating how difficult the last few months had been for them, that they had been talking about my project all week (?), and that my project was scheduled to begin on Monday, (Labor Day?). I insisted that I would be there to pick up a check. The check was ready when I arrived, and I immediately went to their bank and cashed it. I feel fortunate that I received a refund, as I am very concerned about their solvency. I am very sorry I wasted 7 months on them, and that they had a significant amount of my money for all of that time. Every communication was initiated by me, never by them. I would caution anyone that is considering using this company. BEWARE!!!

Description of Work
March 1, Nathan came to my house to discuss my project. We discussed what I wanted and he took the measurements for cabinets. He said the cabinets would be installed about 4 weeks after the plans were approved charged me $200 for the "CAD" fee. A couple of days later, I received an email with a computer drawn image. Much of what we discussed was not included. Over the next 5 weeks I would send an email and he would respond several days or a week later. Finally we agreed upon the plan, and I was told to get on the schedule I would need to pay approx 50% down. By now it was the second week in April and I mailed the deposit, and again received no response.

Category custom cabinets

Madison Cabinets is a small family owned business that has has a lot of growth within this last year. We strive to make our customers happy and our main goal is to produce beautiful pieces of furniture. We want our customers to be proud of their new kitchen or home office. We apologize that this customer was not happy with the communication or timeline of the job. Madison did refund her money without hesitation.

11/11/2013

Brooke B.

The end results have been very nice...better than what I expected. Everyone who enters our home comments on how nice the living room looks now. The only thing we changed was installing the bookcase and cabinets. I had a bit of trouble scheduling my install with the office before we left for summer vacation, which resulted in a long delay. However, I understand this business is very busy and I was willing to wait. After installation, I noticed a small discrepancy in paint color and called the office. The installer, Ediver, assured me he would bring a new piece out and fix the bookcase. He came as soon as the piece was ready and I could book a time with him. Both Nathan and Ediver delivered great customer service. We are very happy and will use this business again. If you decide to use this business, understand you may have to wait several months to have your project built and then it could take some time to schedule install. The wait will be worth it.

Description of Work
Nathan designed built in bookcases for a wall in our living room. Although I thought I wanted bookcases ceiling to floor, Nathan suggested adding cabinets along the bottom. I asked for inset lighting along the top and had the backs of the bookcases painted our wall color.

Category custom cabinets

We love what we do. We have a talented staff that really cares about the final results. Let us know if you ever need anything else. Thanks for your business and trust.

07/15/2013

LuAnn D.

I was pleased with the final results. Nathan and his team worked to get us what we wanted but also provided us with good feedback on some of the choices. They were very busy and, fortunately, we were not in a big hurry. Everyone did a great job, they respond to questions, return phone calls, and keep you up to date on the progress of your project.

Description of Work
Bathroom cabinets to replace the original ones.

04/05/2013

Aaron C.

My wife and I remodeled the master bathroom and our contractor recommended Madison. Our initial experience was great. They were prompt about getting out to the house to get measurements and equally prompt in providing plans and pricing. The quality of the cabinets are fantastic. We were informed at the time for our downpayment that there would be an additional charge to use our credit card. I decided to seek out a company without this "convenience" charge and Madison waived the fee. At the tail end of the process there were a few hiccups. The installers tracked mud into our master bedroom, left trash in the yard and a large pile of saw dust on the side porch for my pregnant wife to clean up. Over all the experience was good and we would use them again, though we'd certainly request different installers.

Description of Work
Built and installed new bathroom cabinet.

Category custom cabinets

The day we installed this project it was raining really bad. My installer said he tried hard to clean up the mess but it must of had some residue left over. They have dark stained concrete floors. He does a great job all of the time this is not normally how he leaves projects. We really should have rescheduled the install due to the rain but we also knew that the customer needed this done. This customer has also just ordered another project from us recently. Thank you for your business and trust.

12/21/2012

Sean C.

We'll be hiring them to execute to these wonderful plans in the spring of 2013 once we have our funding in place. Looking forward to our new cabinets!

Description of Work
We had a very a professional consultation and design work done for us in a very short period of time.

Category custom cabinets

We look forward to working with you.

09/14/2011

Rebecca S.

.I liked their product it looked amazing. Matching current things in my house and office furniture for media area was good and it was quality wood at a good price. The prices were competitive and they provide a one year warranty. They assured me if I saw any defects or modifications they would come back and fix it. The customer service was good and the guys did a fantastic job.

Description of Work
.I used Madison Custom Cabinets for building custom cabinets in my media area and office.

Category custom cabinets,custom furniture

Thank you for your business and trust. We really work hard to get the job done to our customers expectations and beyond. Let us know if we could help you again.

Madison Custom Cabinets

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2008

4.3

200 N Bagdad Road

Leander, TX 78641

Builds and designs real wood cabinets from scratch, consulting on cabinet and storage projects, analysis of your space, advice, installation and delivery, on site design, all real wood construction, closely match existing cabinets, work directly with homeowner to blend in your ideas & all pieces are custom built to your specifications.

No pre-fabricated cabinets, no particle board used, no cheap lacquers, no cheap finishes, no big box store cabinets used. If you're looking for cheap cabinets that look like everybody else's you can get those at Home Depot or Lowe's. You come to us because we build custom designs from scratch.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available