HoustonHandyman.com

Founded 2002 • With Angi since February 2005

PO BOX 692395

Houston, TX 77269

"HOUSTON, WE HAVE YOUR HANDYMAN!" On Angie's List since 2004 and winner of SUPER SERVICE AWARD for 12 Years in a row! Family owned and Operated by Gary and Lorena Frith. We are committed to providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible by providing a smooth, favorable and

11/14/2020

Wes F.

Had an incorrectly installed door (and dog door) that needed to be replaced. Gary came out promptly and provided an estimate. On the day of the replacement, Gary was prompt, and kept me in the loop every step of the way, and addressed all of my concerns. I also had a small ad-hoc request that wasn't door related that was completed for a reasonable price. The work performed was outstanding and I'm very pleased. Wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Description of Work
Door replacement

Category doors

03/21/2020

Robin K.

Gary was the best. So meticulous and everything wash done to perfection. He has a great work ethic. Pricing was reasonable for the work performed. I am so very grateful for all the work he did. He also hauled off miscellaneous items that I no longer needed. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Completion of garage storage system. that my late husband started but passed away before he could complete it. Replacement of rotted wood on 2 exterior door frames. Install recessed lights & raise height on chandelier . Repair/Replace/paint falling Sheetrock tape in MB. Other misc. repairs.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, house painters, doors

01/22/2020

WILLIAM D.

TL/DR version: Gary Frith dba HoustonHandyman.com can skillfully and cost-effectively fix or improve almost everything in your house. As the proverbially and prodigiously skilled jack-of-all-trades, he will earn and keep your trust. And you're going to end up giving his name and contact info to your own friends, who in turn will thank you profusely! Full version: With scheduling & support from his partner & spouse Lorena, Gary just finished (in January 2020) a multi-day home maintenance & repairs project for me. I'm a repeat customer, having engaged Houston Handyman for a similar project in 2011. Both times, he's resolved to my complete satisfaction an entire punch-list of nagging problems with my house — the elimination of which has made my everyday life much more convenient and pleasurable. His tasks for me, then and now, have included the installation of ceiling fans, recessed lighting, and switchboxes in several rooms; replacement of corroded faucets and toilets; a thorough roof inspection with multiple small fixes (many of which were correcting work done wrong by less meticulous and skilled workers); hanging several flatscreen TVs (with cabling concealed); cabinet repair & shelf-building; installation of doggie doors; and a bathroom tile project that still looks and functions like new nine full years later. For the relatively few kinds of tasks which he doesn't do regularly, he's nevertheless given me good, free advice, and several referrals to skilled and like-minded tradesmen. Gary is gregarious and straight-forward by nature and communicative by trade — which is to say that he will point out costs and benefits you may not have considered, he will share with you his own recommendations and ideas, and he will fully inform and involve you at every step of the way. He has a common-sense approach, and he will execute your instructions with integrity and skill. And Gary is the consummate small-businessman who depends on repeat and referral business: He stands behind his work, and you won’t get shuffled off to some clueless subordinate or subcontractor. Gary did comparison shopping online to get me the best prices on materials. He actually reads the instructions on products (like my fancy new, entirely decadent toilet seat that needed electrical and plumbing connections for its bidet functions)! Heck, Gary was even nice to my dog, who I think has concluded that Gary is now a member of our extended family. My dog’s not wrong. Gary & Lorena Frith’s results will more than satisfy you: They will GRATIFY you, based on both quality of the work and the reasonableness of his charges for it. And you will wish every tradesman you're obliged to hire were as rewarding to deal with as HoustonHandyman.com.

Description of Work
long punch-list of repairs & improvements

Category contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, fencing, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking, ceiling fans, cabinet refacing

01/03/2020

Laurel T.

I called several times and got a recording saying the person I called “is unavailable. Please try your call later.” Maybe they just have too many jobs.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal

06/19/2019

Dick S.

Very well. Gary showed up slightly ahead of schedule and proceeded with this assortment of small jobs. I was very impressed with both the speed and the quality of his work. Except for the A/C job, these were all small things I would have done myself a few years ago, but I could not have done them nearly as fast or as well. I did think the prices were a little high, but he is in high demand because of the quality of his work. Gary is about as down-to-earth and friendly as could be, and we will definitely call on him again.

Description of Work
Replace A/C in workshop, repair shutters, repair curb, fix shed door, etc.

Category contractors, concrete repair, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, doors

12/07/2018

Vera B.

Excellent work. Everything turned out perfectly. I call Gary every year for things I need repaired & always a satisfactory completion. Prices are reasonable, labor costs always stated up front, materials prices always given. He has been on Angie's List for 2017. He should also be on the 2018 BEST list.

Description of Work
repair sheetrock damage in a bedroom, repair split of screen room from house due to soil shifts, repair paneling in den that is buckling due to underground soil shift, repair of cracks in cement in screen room due to weather conditions, repair of weather stripping around door causing door not to close well.

Category drywall, handyman service

05/14/2018

Stephen R.

I filled out the inquiry form online, submitted pictures and a detailed message outlining work needed. It took several days before I received an email response. The response said they were not interested in doing the job. Not sure why since I talked to no one about the details, but I will never seek to use their services again.

Description of Work
Painting, Baseboard work, cabinet repair.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, cabinet refacing

04/05/2018

Douglas D.

Gary did an excellent, quality job. We were very pleased with his work.

Description of Work
Installed flooring in attic above garage and access pull-down ladder.

Category contractors, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting

03/08/2018

Shannon H.

Not only was Gary on time for the estimate, but he was thorough and gave honest estimates. I really liked how he went over receipts on materials bought for the project, but he took his time and made sure it was done right. I was very pleased with this service provider.

Description of Work
There was storm damage to roof and leaks needed sealed. Drywall had to be fixed where water leaked into ceiling. Garage door frame was rotting from water coming in garage. Panels in garage ceiling coming loose had to be fixed back in place or they would have come down, and needed some painting.

Category drywall, plastering, roofing, woodworking, interior painters

10/18/2017

STEVEN S.

Gary was awesome! He fixed everything, even tricky things that required a few different tries to find the right solution. This is especially great for jobs that require different specialties - no paying multiple service fees and then having a half finished job, i.e. a fixed leak but drywall that still has to be repaired - he does it all! He was able to get all the parts, caulk, etc. so we didn't have to find them which saved us a huge hassle because he knew just what was needed and in just what amount. Gary even gave me advice on how to fix small things so I wouldn't have to call him or someone else which was super helpful! His estimate was very thorough so we knew exactly what different things would cost and could kind of pick and choose what we wanted to have him fix. His work was to the highest standard and everything looks fantastic. He works hard and is so courteous and professional! Gary is the best and I would highly recommend him!!

Description of Work
We just moved in and had a very long list of things! 4 days worth of work, including: repair a roof leak, caulking all around exterior windows and roofing areas, repair rotting wood around garage door, install chandelier in 2 story formal dining room, fix ceiling fan, fix outdoor fountain pump, add springs to fence doors, repair cracks in ceiling, install attic fans, repair drywall and retexture, and many other small jobs.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, heating & air conditioning/hvac, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans

07/24/2017

Scott S.

They were fantastic. I have no complaints. They are very honest and I trust them. I have used them for a number of years.

Description of Work
They provided handyman services.

07/24/2017

Scott S.

I've used him every summer for the last 7 years. He's extremely honest and if he can't fix something he will let you know upfront. Everything he's done he is spot on and he goes over all the information with you on everything he's done. If there is a problem with the work he's done, he comes back and promptly fixed it. He is just great overall.

Description of Work
General handyman work. Roof, caulking, replacing any rotten boards on the outside of the house.

Category handyman service, roofing

06/22/2017

Laurie M.

Fantastic! Beautifully done, quick, on time, and cleaned up afterward. He was very pleasant, very polite, and clearly took great pride in doing the job right. Highest recommendation, and I'll definitely be contacting him again for any future work.

Description of Work
My homeowner's assoc required our trash closets to get new sheet rock and paint.

Category drywall, handyman service, house painters

06/08/2017

Bill E.

Great as always! Gary is the guy to call. I have used him in the past and will continue to in the future.

Description of Work
Built and installed a back gate. Built a privacy fence to hide pool equipment.

04/17/2017

Sandra G.

Very well and very good quality work. I will hire him again.

Description of Work
Paint, shelves hung and other odds and ends.

03/31/2017

Michael W.

Submitted a lengthy form to get an estimate (good amount of work so this isn't a money thing) only to get a rejection email several days later because they're "too busy in the coming weeks". Never gave me an option to schedule in a month or so. I don't have time to wait another several days for a simple question so I moved on.

Description of Work
Absolutely nothing

03/22/2017

Chris E.

Great. Work done was flawless, done on time and no mess to clean up afterwards.

Description of Work
Install crown molding and window casings; landscape lighting; replace door knobs, repair plumbing, new garbage disposal, and a number of other jobs.

03/19/2017

Julie L.

I sent a message through Angie's List and no one ever responded.

Description of Work
repair laminate floor in kitchen

Category flooring contractor, handyman service

03/13/2017

Philip L.

They could have told us that the gutters needed work, and charged an arm and a leg for it, and I would never have been the wiser. Instead Gary came out and not only did the job, but showed me how I could do it myself next time. Gary clearly loves his work and loves working with people. He's fun to be around and a complete pro.

Description of Work
Assessment of our gutters/drainage system. Determined that we just needed to patch and caulk some columns on our porch. Also did some powerwashing of columns, as well as pavement.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking

11/14/2016

Dave C.

Very well. Took a bnit to get some of the scheduling down, but once confirmed, the installer was on time, prompt, courteous and worked around another contractor on site at the same time.

Description of Work
Replaced a failed ceiling attic stairs/door in my garage.

10/10/2016

Brenda V.

He fixed the problem. The cost was to high for a ten minute job.

Description of Work
Door lock wasn't working.

10/06/2016

Diane M.

I HAVE NEVER HIRED THIS COMPANY OR USED THEM ----EVER. I HOPE NO ONE USED MY ACCOUNT,

Description of Work
I DID NOT CALL THIS COMPANY, USE THIS COMPANY, OR EVER HAVE THEM AT MY HOUSE. THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE!!!

Category appliance repair

09/24/2016

Chris E.

Great as usual. I always go to Houston Handyman, Gary. Job is done right.

Description of Work
Installed landscape lighting, lighting fixtures and fans, repaired dry wall and a lot of other items.

07/21/2016

Walter C.

It didn't go. They never called me back!!!

Description of Work
Nothing. They gave me an estimate and I literally called and emailed them a least five or six times to set up a date for the work and they never called me back,

07/20/2016

Ward M.

Gary did a great job for us. I plan to use his help on future projects.

Description of Work
Three things were completed: 1) Replacement of rotted / poor condition wood siding 2) Installation of attic vent fan replacement 3) Inspection / patching of roofing

Distinguished Designs

With over 30 years construction experience, our team has extensive knowledge which translates to premier home improvements that are completed quickly, neatly, and correctly! Our commitment to service, quality, and communication is displayed from the moment we provide you with a free written estimate. Please visit our website at www.southernddllc.com We pride ourselves on attention to detail and creative solutions, as well as finishing projects on time and within budget. We will design and build any home remodeling needs you may have. We will also limit the number of projects that we take on so that we can give your project the attention and detail it deserves. Our promise to you is we will exceed your expectations.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Distinguished Designs on Angi
    Airborne Locksmith LLC

Airborne Locksmith is a family owned and operated locksmith company serving the Greater Houston area for more than 20 years. We are proud to be Houston’s leading locksmith company offering a complete range of locksmith services for residential and commercial customers. 24/7 emergency locksmith service available including weekends and holidays. Our main goal is to provide honest, professional and reliable locksmith services at competitive rates. We are Houston’s leading provider of High Security Locks and Safes. From residential to commercial locksmith issues, we handle every single project with care and close attention to ensure 100% customer satisfaction. Our high quality services include: Lock Repair, High Security Locks, Car Keys, Car Lockouts, Lock Re-keying, Keys Duplication, Bump Proof Locks, House Lockouts, Evictions, Access Control, Security Bars, Security Rooms, Safe Sale and Repair, Safe Opening.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Airborne Locksmith LLC on Angi
    Brennan Enterprises Inc

Serving DFW. Angie's Super Service Award for last 8 years. BBB A+ Rating. The Brennan family has been servicing the needs of the Texas homeowner since 1979 and plans on continuing to do so for generations to come. When we say we want to be your home improvement partner for life, we mean it. See website for additional service areas.**Please note we currently are not interior doors or repairs**

Offers by Brennan Enterprises Inc on Angi

We provide general handyman repairs such as pressure washing, hardy plank & siding, home maintenance & repairs, windows & doors, gutter cleaning. painting, outdoor projects. pet door installation. carpentry, gas grill installation & cleaning, attic ladder installation, and attic flooring. Visit us online at HoustoHandyman.com to request an estimate or simply Email us with your project list for availability and a free estimate appointment at email@houstonhandyman.com.

We do not provide Emergency home repairs as all our appointments are booked in advance. Please Note we always identify ourselves with our website and company name: HoustonHandyman.com.