Houston Foundation Co

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2008

13311 Dunlap St

Houston, TX 77085

with 15 years of experience and honor roll for 10 yrs on the bbb!...

08/07/2019

Catherine W.

While their estimate is super detailed and the most comprehensive recommendation so far, we will probably not use their service as we are wanting more moderate repairs done.

Description of Work
We are gathering bids for 2 separate projects - one to level and repair the garage foundation and one for leveling and repairing the foundation for one side of our house.

01/30/2015

Alisa B.

Our 5000 sq foot house had decided that it was going to split off into 4 different sections. Luis was recommended to us from a builder, specifically for foundation repair work. He was prompt, explained to us the signs of the house shifting as well as found new cracks we didn't even know existed. Our original foundation is a bit weird, its half pier and beam and half slab, so more work was going to be required for this job (hence the higher price tag). They were able to beat other competitors by over half the price, and do exact amount of work (same amount of piers). They were efficient, clean (did not get anything into our pool) and reliable. They even covered the stuff in our garage while they worked in there, so dust wouldn't get into anything. Looking in the backyard, you couldn't even tell they were here except for the slight discoloration in the concrete, which there was nothing they could do about it. We are so satisfied with their work that my mother-in-law plans on using them in the next month as well.

Description of Work
Relieve 5000 sq foot house (pier and beam/slab house) and added extra beams to help stabilize some problem areas.

12/10/2013

Marion W.

He came on time and was very professional. Gaves us a lot of insight.

Description of Work
An evaluation.

05/20/2013

Catherine C.

I originally called for a quote back in 2011. Charlie came out and explained everything is great detail. During 2012 I became an Angie's list member. I decided in late 2012 that the foundation was getting worse and there was no postponing it anymore. I called Houston Foundation again as well as a couple of other companies listed on Angie's for quotes. Although, Houston Foundation was not the cheapest and did not have as many recommendations as some of the other companies, I was still most comfortable with them. We scheduled work which would take 2-3 days. The crew arrived on time and began work as scheduled. Although the crew spoke little english, translations and discussions needed were handled via the main office. The language issue never was an issue. The work was completed on day 2 with 23 piers being placed around the house. I was told a receipt and warranty would be mailed shortly thereafter. A few days after work was completed we had heavy rain which washed some of the replaced soil from the pier locations. I called the office and told them of my problem and that I had not yet received the warranty and receipt. My problem was a common one with rain washing away soil and the office scheduled the crew to stop by with additional soil to refill the holes. The next week I called the office again to let them know I had not received the warranty and that the holes had not been refilled. Apologies were given and they took responsibility. Within the week, the warranty and receipt received as well as the holes filled in.

Description of Work
Leveled two story home with approximately 23 piers,

02/19/2013

Ruth Eloina R.

He found out the house was sinking from the middle and recommended we get an engineer to come and look at it. He did not charge us anything to come out. I think the minute he discovered we would need an engineer to come out he did not waste any more of our time. He did show up a little early.

Description of Work
We used Houston Foundation for an assessment of the house to find out where it was sinking.

01/23/2013

Sarah P.

Overall, A++ job! Very nice. Here are a list of the key positives - All the charges were listed upfront in the contract. There were no hidden fees. They required 1/2 the total when they showed up for the job and the remaining after I did the final inspection. - They brought all their own equipment - did not require me to rent compressors, etc. Again, no hidden fees. - The initial quote was free even though they had to drive 50 miles from Houston to get to my house. - The initial company rep, believe his name was Charlie, knew his trade and took the time to explain all the details without being patronizing. He answered the many questions I had. He offered references for their company without being prompted. He inquired about the shrubs/ flower as he wanted to identify which to keep and which to remove without replacement. He inspected all the rooms and noted the cracks/ doors that did not close properly. He also took time to explain their warranty as well as how the company does completes their work. - They have a very nice web site with a video detailing the work that would be done. - They were able to move the job up 1 day by my request to ensure all work was done and would not conflict with my last minute business meetings. - All the folks I spoke with were very professional and considerate. The engineer taking the final elevation readings even offered to remove his shoes before walking around in the house. - On the second day, the job was stopped by a city inspector. Apparently, my city has special requirements for companies doing work for the first time inside the city limits. No citation was given as the inspector stated it happens alot in our city. The Houston Foundation Company shutdown the job for the remainder of one afternoon. After completing the additional requirements, the job was in full swing the very next morning. No additional charges were passed to me. - The office professional, Nancy, was wonderful. She worked with me to set the date - hard to do since my schedule is unpredictable at times. She also provided updates on complying with the unexpected special city requirements as well assuring me the job would be done on time. She also answered the many questions that I had. She was alway responsive to my calls. - The crew completely cleaned the entire work area and then some. They washed down the concrete to remove the mud, they hauled away all the trash, they repaired the cracks in the brick mortar with fresh grout (I did not even know this was part of the service - so nice) and they hauled away the dead shrubs. Again, a person cannot tell I just had 23 piers driven. Overall, am very very pleased and would recommend to my friends. Glad my lifetime warranty is with them.

Description of Work
The Houston Foundation Company did an excellent job leveling the foundation of my 2 story home which was built in 1978 and is approximately 2020 sq ft. They performed the following key work - Took elevation readings inside when providing the initial quote. They also made a scaled drawing of the lower level marking the doors, windows and gargage doors. Then noted where all the piers would go on the drawing. They provided me a copy as well. - They dug the 23 holes, jack-hammered through the concrete to dig some of the holes. - They drove 23 sets of piers to the final depth (point when the piers will not go any further). Reshot the elevation when finishing the job to ensure the height was correct and inspected the interior areas to ensure the house settled back into the original placement. Did one adjustment - everything in the house is back to normal. - They filled in all the holes and poured fresh concrete where needed. - They also checked to confirm where they could spread the extra dirt that remained from the holes. Had them spread into the flower/ shrub beds and near the house. The beds actually look better. - They thoroughly cleaned everything including washing down the mud from the concrete areas and hauling off the unwanted shrubs. - The crew did a very nice job. Cannot tell they were there and definitely cannot tell they drove 23 piers. - All work is covered under a lifetime warrant

Category mudjacking,foundation repair

12/08/2011

Lam N.

I spoke to Charlie and he was very responsive about keeping up with the appointment. Charlie came out and I was surprised that he recommended we should not try to do anything as it might cause more damage to the wall/sheetrock and structure. While other companies want to level the foundation, I appreciate his honest opinion that he did not want the job just for the sake of it. He recommended that I get a structure engineer to look at it first for a real professional advise before deciding on whether it is worth leveling the house.

Description of Work
I have a 80 years old house on block and beam that the floor is off level by as much as 2" due to the recent drough. I called Houston Foundation as well as couple other companies for an estimate.

Category foundation repair

Houston Foundation Repair Company and staff highly thanks you for the opportunity!

09/27/2011

FRED F.

They came and looked into the job thoroughly. I advised them that I have a reverse mortgage and they advised that was not a problem. They were cheaper in comparison to the other. I have not yet decided whether I should go with them or not. They were neatly dressed and were punctual. They were good and very helpful. I will contact them in future.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Houston Foundation Co. for foundation repair and put in pillars, on 15 July, 2011.

Category foundation repair

Member Houston Foundation Repair Company appreciates the opportunity and hopes to hear from you when ready to do the repairs!

02/27/2010

Andrzej W.

We starting noticing cracks in all the wrong places summer 2009 (i.e diagonal cracks in windowframes, doorframes, grout cracking on top of crack in foundation). Called and got estimates from 3 services: US Foundation Co, Watson, and Houston Foundation Co. Salespeople from all 3 were professional and looked like they knew what they were talking about, but, as our decision was based on price, we went with Houston Foundation Co. (19 piers for 3700 is a good deal). We scheduled work to begin 2 weeks out, I paid for half before and half after the service was completed. The workers came, started digging when they were supposed to. Work was done quickly. Only hold up was that we insisted on engineer's report, which did add some time to the process (please note that an engineers report is Not required and I will skip this if we need to do front half of house). The owner came out for the actually jacking and adjusting. Seems as if the foundation problem is fixed--although I think that it is too early too tell. Most of the telltale cracks are gone, although there is a new crack on the outside wall that is of concern (but I think that this is from the housing adjusting). The one thing that I missed was this: the salesperson told me that they would do a before-and-after calculations of settlement levels. I did get the 'before' calculation, but they did not do an 'after' calculation. Overall, they did a good job, everyone knew what they were doing, and I would recommend this company over the big ones, as, in my opinion, they all pretty much do the same thing (except Watson, but their system wasnt for me).

Description of Work
Houston Foundation Company installed 19 piers on the back half of our house.

Category foundation repair

Member Houston Foundation Repair Company appreciates the business Thank You!

10/30/2008

Matt S.

I called them and they came out in about a week, gave me an estimate that was high in comparison to other contractors of about $10K+ for the foundation and about $9K for the driveway. This was about 30% higher than other contractors.

Description of Work
Gave an estimate on repairing the foundation of a pier and beam house and replacing the driveway.

Category mudjacking,foundation repair

Tilted Concrete Solutions Inc

Since 2015 Tilted Concrete Solutions has been saving Homeowners and Comercial Clients a lot of Money. Using our Proprietary Hydrophobic Polyurethane Foam, (Not a generic foam) to put your sinking concrete back to its original position saves you 50 to 60% of replacement costs. We have 2 types of foam made for us, Lifting Foam and Void Fill Foam. Both will support 15,000 lbs per square foot. Our foam is made to stabilize soils and handle the unique soils we live on. We will not leave trip hazards behind which is important on any public concrete surface. We can lift roadways, Eliminate standing water at the curb, Driveways, Sidewalks, Patios, Pool decks, Even sinking swimming pools. Void fill under home foundations, under roadways, and driveways that have voids formed due to washing out. We can stabilize under concrete panels in heavy uses areas that are caused by water-filled voids that flush the supporting soil out of the expansion joint when a heavy vehicle drives across the panel. We also Replace expansion joints.

Offers by Tilted Concrete Solutions Inc on Angi
    Leveled Concrete

Leveled Concrete was created out of necessity in the Houston area. As one of Houston's oldest polyurethane concrete raising company, we have the expertise to provide you a solution for any problem you may have. We are a Veteran owned and operated company that strives to provide the best service possible. Our polyurethane foam process allows us to raise and stabilize your concrete using less holes than the traditional mud jacking and provide a longer lasting solution. We use TerraThane polyurethanes that are often specified in major infrastructure and industrial uses. Meaning the polyurethane we will use on your concrete will have more than enough support for your use. We offer a 10% discount for Military and First Responders.

L&L Concrete Contractors

We have been in business since 1994 and are determined to provide excellent service to all of our customers. We do our best to stay current in our profession by periodically attending training seminars and demos from our product manufacturers. Our goal at L&L Concrete Contractors is to provide our customers with the best products such as overlays, coatings, and stainings. Our expectation is to provide you with a long lasting concrete surface for years to come. We can help you with: Concrete Patio Slabs, Concrete Driveways, Concrete Sidewalks, Stamped and Stained Concrete, Concrete Restoration and Sealing, Overlay & Spray Deck, Concrete Breakout & Haul Away ....and much more! Our motto here at L&L Concrete Contractors is this, "TOP QUALITY WORK IS OUR PRIORITY. THEREFORE, WE ARE DEPENDABLE AND RELIABLE ...EVERY TIME!" ****We also delivery concrete and rent stamps and equipment. Call for pricing.

Offers by L&L Concrete Contractors on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Slab foundation repair & masonry restoration, concrete work from patios, sidewalks & driveways.