Angel Pets of Houston

Founded 2010 • With Angi since July 2012

4.4

10403 Bushy Creek

Houston, TX 77070

Angel Pets of Houston is a family owned and operated full time mobile pet care service business. We provide just about everything you might need to care for your pets in your home from pet sitting, dog walking, and mobile grooming to pet taxi, training and daily exercise. We are happy to customize our services to meet your individual needs. Our devotion to pets is deep in the heart of the family of animal lovers who provide the services. Angel Pets staff are bonded and insured. We are also rescuers and volunteers. We simply enjoy spending time with pets and care deeply about them. No pet is too difficult for us to care for or groom. We specialize in handling difficult pets!...

07/04/2015

Elizabeth T.

Awesome job and super patient with my dog clan! I'm referring my friend Michelle Barrett to you as well!

Description of Work
Summer shave for my Lhasa and nails trimmed for 5 dogs!

06/29/2015

Denise S.

We had a few issues that we got worked out. I admit I have several dogs so it is a challenge. In the end my dogs were cared for and they are trustworthy.

Description of Work
Pet sitting in my home.

Category pet sitters,pet grooming

05/18/2015

Kimberly C.

Went very well. Shaving, de-shedding, nail clipping and dry shampoo for two adult cats

Description of Work
Katherine Cooper came over from Angel Pets for intense grooming of a long haired, enormous Maine C*** that is mostly an outside cat, but he loves to come inside he can. He's shedding lots of his winter coat and the hairballs had become quite a nuisance. We also had grooming performed for the resident queen bee house cat. The Maine C*** had some shaving done, nails clipped and dry shampoo applied. I thought he'd be the calmer feline, but he turned out to be the more dramatic performance. Katherine was very professional and handled both with love, but made sure she kept control of the situation, so that no one was hurt. Grooming any cat especially two with all their claws and strong personalities is quite the task, but Mrs. Cooper handled the situation flawlessly. Angel pets sent the perfect person for the job and kept in consistent contact prior to the job.

03/16/2015

Kristen O.

I received an email confirmation of the appointment 2 weeks in advance. The day of the service I left work to be at home before the scheduled time but no one arrived, or called to let me know that there was an issue.

Description of Work
Scheduled an appointment to remove some mats from my cat.

Category pet grooming

We are very sorry that happened to you. It looks like we notified you of the rescheduling/cancellation. We are sorry you did not receive our email/text message/voice mail. I would like to offer to come groom your cat for free to make it up to you!

03/05/2015

Sonya A.

Tiffany is a God sent to our family. Since we moved here to Houston we really have struggled in finding a groomer for our shihtzhus. We only have rescue zhus, and one of which is a puppy mill survivor. My dogs will never ever be crated and that was our challenge. Nor could I find someone that could just groom the guys and get them back in a few hours. I don't like leaving my babes crated for 4-6 hours with other dogs, or having to pay extra for a simple appt. then you do pay the extra, and we get them home and their haircuts are terrible. It was really a struggle..........until I met Tiffany. She is amazing, and I actually did strongly recommend her to one of my neighbors, and they too, loved her. She is excellent in how she handles my guys, one of our rescues, tends to bite and doesn't like his face done. She handles him extremely professionally and they look beautiful when she is done. Plus, you can stand right next to your pet as she grooms, so if perhaps, you want them altered, maybe shorter on the top, or whatever, Tiffany will ask you, and you will always be satisfied. It's a blessing that our rescue zhus can get a beautiful groom and not be stressed in the process. Her prices are great as well. We would strongly recommend her to our friends and family. Grooming is no longer a big stressor, she polite, punctual, and extremely professional at what she does. We are very grateful. Hire her........you will not be disappointed!

Description of Work
Tiffany grooms our two shihtzhus

01/26/2015

Robert H.

Advertises no pet too difficult.. Had cat with fleas..needed flea treatment and shampoo.....refused service...offered to pay for grooming and then boarding...also reused...although advertised wide area of service and well...sounds like she was just too busy.

Description of Work
Quoted treatment. Refused service.

Category pet grooming

Because our service is mobile and we come to you, we do not have a boarding facility like most salons do. We do board dogs cage free in our home but that makes it impossible to board cats here too. So we could not board your cat for you while you treat your home for fleas as you requested. If we flea dipped your cats in your home and you put them back in your home infested with fleas they would just get fleas again. We do have appointments available but we did not want to take your money for service that would not be successful. I am very sorry we were unable to provide the specific service you requested.

12/04/2014

shirley (AKA) samantha B.

It went very well. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They provided dog sitting services for one of my dogs for several hours.

Category pet sitters

10/06/2014

David N.

We were at the last stages of moving, furniture was disappearing, unfamiliar people were in and out of the house, and our three cats were becoming very concerned with all this action occurring. We knew from previous experience that the cats would not go quietly into the travel cages, but we tried everything we could think of without any luck. In desperation we contacted Angel Pets of Houston to see if they could get our overly agitated cats into the cages. Tiffany came out promptly and within 15 minutes had all three cats in their cages, without injuring herself. Amazing! She was prompt, professional and charged a very reasonable fee for this service. I would highly recommend Angel Pets of Houston to anyone in a similar situation.

Description of Work
She was able to place three very agitated cats in travel cages for us, something we were unable to do ourselves without incurring great bodily harm.

09/03/2014

CAROL T.

Aug. 14 I filled out the form on their website requesting services needing extra de-shedding, hair trim, bath, nail trim, ears cleaned. I stated I needed after hours/weekends and understood there was an extra cost. Got a reply same day from Kristy quoting $100-$150 and 2-3 hours. I replied Aug. 20 asking how to make an appt. and saying I wanted a Sat. Got email from Kristy Aug. 23 saying Aug. 30 at 10 am. I replied same day saying great and giving all my info. Aug. 25 I get email from Kristy saying and quot;Tiffany had something come up this weekend and cannot groomand quot; and only had 1 night available the next week, Wed. Sept. 3. Even though I wanted Sat. I agreed to Wed. at 5 pm. Didn't get a response so emailed again Aug. 28 asking if we were on. Got response from Kristy saying yes, I was scheduled. Wed. the 3rd I got a text at 2:20 from Tiffany saying she might be late as she was heading to Atascocita to groom 3 dogs and she was already running late, hoped that was ok. I didn't get the message until 4:30 as my cell phone doesn't work in my office. I replied asking how late, would another day be better. She replied that she was and quot;super bookedand quot; and it would be another 2 weeks, but if I could wait she'd be here by maybe 6:15. However, she'd need to do my dog inside as it was just too hot for her and the dogs outside. I don't know how she thought she was going to do all I had asked for inside. I replied that with everything I had asked for inside wouldn't work and 6:15 was too late so just cancel. She responded that she was really sorry and she'll only do dogs outside up to 85 degrees or maybe 90 if there's a breeze. I refuse to believe that she has bathed/trimmed/clipped every single dog since May indoors. And does she think the weather is going to magically break in 2 weeks? It's September in Houston. What will be different in 2 weeks? She just didn't want to do it. Apparently she isn't that interested in new clients. I'm glad she has a good client list built up, because she sure doesn't care about new ones. Pay attention to the older reviews as I didn't do.

Description of Work
Nothing. Kept putting me off until I finally cancelled. Horrible experience from beginning to end. Saw the bad reviews from 2013 but decided to give them a chance anyway, big mistake.

Category pet grooming

I am very sorry you had that experience. We can not help having to reschedule people occasionally. We try not to as we know how frustrating it is for our clients, but things do happen beyond our control. It was not that I did not want to groom your dog that night. I had been grooming since 9 am but I was planning to do your dog even if I was late and grooming until 8 or 9 pm. I did plan to come but notified you I would be just 30 minutes late, it was your choice to have me not come at all rather than come just 30 minutes late. When you are the last appointment of the day and we have worked on new clients all day, we sometimes under estimate how long new jobs will take, and it makes us run late by the end of the day. In this case the client in Atascocita lied to us about how matted their dogs were over the phone. They said 'maybe a few matts' and when we arrived the 3 dogs were all very badly matted. They were also badly behaved and it took me a very long time to groom them. There was also alot of traffic coming back down 1960 after that job due to rush hour at 5:30-6 pm. We can only groom outdoors when weather is nice- like below 85 degrees. We normally do not even take large hairy dog jobs this time of year unless they agree to let us do it indoors and that was my mistake to not clarify the brushing and trimming part of the job would have to be done indoors- though I am surprised you would want me or your dog to work outside for 2 plus hours in 98 degree weather (and yes it is work for your dog too). Yes we can do large hairy dogs indoors and contain the mess fairly well too. We will do a quick bath outside in the hose after brushing or shaving indoors but that is all we will do outdoors this time of year. My business is IN YOUR HOME mobile grooming- I do not have a van. I am sorry you were not aware of how I perform the job. I will edit my email replies to make it more apparent to future clients. If you will let me come groom your dog and make it up to you, I will discount it half the price if you are happy and will update your review afterwards. I would need to atleast do the work in your garage and have a fan on me so it is not so hot. I am not available on weekends as fall is a busy time for fundraisers that I do where I trim dogs nails and donate all the money to dog rescues. I could only come on an evening around 5. The next evening I am available is 9/29 at 5 pm. Please text me if you want the appointment. 281-658-9661 Again I am terribly sorry that we inconvenienced you.

06/20/2014

Anna A.

Tiffany is professional, arrived on time and did a great job. I high recommend her and will be using her again.

Description of Work
Groomed my shih Tzu in my home

Animal Grooming
    Animal & House Sitting
    Dog Walking
    Taxi/Shuttle Service
    Animal Boarding Kennels
    Animal Training
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal
    Satisfaction

Pets sitting. Daily dog walks, vacation pet, Cage-free boarding. Basic Training. We can stay at your home overnight Home sittting. pet shuttle & taxi services.