Drewmotive Auto Repair and Inspections

Founded 2004 • With Angi since July 2009

214 Barger St

Garland, TX 75040

Drewmotive Auto Repair and Pre-Purchase Car Inspections (PPI) in Garland, Texas offers high quality auto repair, service, maintenance, and inspections on import, exotic, luxury, hybrid, domestic and classic cars and trucks...

06/03/2015

NATHAN U.

Three years ago my wife inherited a 1939 Pontiac Deluxe Series 28 ? the Duchess. The car was a beloved member of her family for 40+ years, but had not been well cared for driven the last six years. When we took possession, she did not run and the lack of recent care was evident. It took some time to find a mechanic comfortable working on a car of this vintage and every time I drive the Duchess I am thankful we found Drew. It has been a journey these last three years to get the Duchess running well and that has only occurred due to Drew?s knowledge, expertise, creativity, and commitment. Drew is the only person I trust working on this vehicle. At our first visit, Drew was able to get the straight eight engine running again ? no small feat with leaking gas lines, frayed electrical wires, and enough junk floating in the radiator to make you cry. Drew and I then spent time chasing a no hot start issue and an overheating issue. It was the process of chasing those issues that I grew to respect Drew?s knowledge and troubleshooting abilities which led me to trust him with our car. We are only the third owner of this 76 year old beauty. She is mostly original ? in fact the straight 8 engine has never been overhauled. She is by no means perfect and has a few blemishes (don't we all) but our desire is to keep her as original as possible, but remembering that our objective is to drive her on the weekends and enjoy her ? not to win car shows against cars with six figure restoration budgets. As we worked through the no hot start and overheating issues, what I appreciated about Drew is his cautious approach. He was always up front about what he knew vs. what his suspicions were. Drew also always explained every step along the way and separated recommendations for work now vs. issues not requiring immediate attention but I needed to be aware of. Drew always kept me up to date with the status of my car. We often spoken several times a day and exchanged emails. Drew is extremely trustworthy. He never nickels and dimes you on the cost and his billings are always fair. Unlike a restoration shop that bills by the hour for everything, Drew charges a fair price for the work that is done. He gives options on parts that may save money and even suggests times when it might be cheaper for me to source the parts myself. The only question I have ever had on an invoice is whether he charged me enough as at times I sensed he put in more time and effort than the bill ultimately reflected. A few times I have asked Drew if the Duchess work could be completed by a certain date due to family members coming to town or a car show we wanted to attend. As luck would have it, it always seemed that those were the weeks the Duchess threw in a surprise like leaking oil lines that made me believe there was no way Drew would have her ready to go in time. But each time, Drew met the deadline and had her finished on time. I saw in one review that Drew is the ?car whisperer" -- someone who can diligently work through the details and troubleshoot any issue. I agree completely with that assessment and would add that he is also a great communicator and someone you can trust completely.

Description of Work
This review should go under classic cars as the work was being performed on a 1939 Pontiac. That option wasn't available in the list of categories for the vendor. During this last visit, Drew replaced the exhaust manifold, repaired leaking oil lines, modified a thermostat, lubricated the chassis, and changed the oils.

01/27/2014

Vanessa U.

At Last! An HONEST AUTO MECHANIC! I have been using Drew's Garage for the last 5 years, ever since the MAZDA DEALERSHIP ALMOST BLEW UP MY CAR! No joke, a few years ago my Mazda was running super hot and when I would bring it to the Mazda Dealership to be fixed, they said they couldn't figure it out, then told me to bring the car in when the needle was "at the top of the temperature gauge". Not knowing any better, I did. (found out later that could have ruined the engine). Even THEN they couldn't figure it out. Gave me an estimate of $1,200 and said that it might fix the problem, but they still weren't sure. Found Drew's Garage, brought it in, and he not only correctly diagnosed and fixed the problem, but did it for $400 instead of the Mazda quote of $1,200! I've been going to him ever since. I couldn't be happier with the service over the years. Drew always takes time to explain my options with the car, and always recommends the best option, even if it is the less expensive. He even tells me when I don't need certain repairs. What a relief to be able to go to an auto mechanic and and trust they will not only do an exceptional repair service, but also give you a fair price. Anybody who wants peace of mind for their car and their wallet needs to use Drew's Garage!

Description of Work
alternator service, belts replaced, oil change, car stereo installation, new car battery with switch to turn off when not in use for extending periods of time, tires checked and rotated,

09/03/2013

Anand R.

Contacted drew's garage. Had my car towed to the location. Within a few hours he notified me of the problem. Gave me options. Gave me an approximate price based on his findings. And would let me know if there wre any additional problems. There were and he communicated those to me. Professionally informed me that I would probably have to get the entire clutch replaced at some point, but that his repairs would buy me some time. Which they have.

Description of Work
Fixed manual clutch reservoirs.

06/04/2013

Fred H.

He did exactly what he said he would do and the transmission worked exactly how he said it would. I have a high level of confidence in him and he is really good. He is a reliable and very honest guy.

Description of Work
He changed a transmission.

Category transmission repair

01/05/2012

Greg M.

Had car towed in and Drew himself called to let me know the car had arrived safely. Called next morning as promised with a diagnosis of the issue and explained all costs including Parts and Labor tobring issue to resolution. Ran into an issue with old bolts (I trusted this was correct as I had the same issue when working on the car myself) and explained there would be an extra charge for the labor to remove. I approved and work was completed when estimated. Problem RESOLVED:)

Description of Work
Diagnostics, New Starter/Installation, New wiring to starter

05/14/2011

Janet L.

They were the only ones I found, who could work on this car of mine. It’s a seventy four Jaguar. They were extremely knowledgeable. Their price is high. I’m really happy with them. They were very patient and cooperative. They were very pleasant to work with. They had the car for three weeks. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I use Drew's Garage for auto service. They do work on classic cars. I went there yesterday. My car had a problem. It wasn’t taking reverse turn and the steering and some other things had to be replaced.

03/09/2011

Fred H.

I have gone to him only once. He had good mechanic skills. He was very good at communicating. He was very good at telling me as to what was wrong and telling me as to what needed to be done. He would provide pictures if you did not know about cars and you could see that he was being very genuine with his explanation. I would highly recommend him to the other members. I was comfortable using him because of his honesty.

Description of Work
I have used the services of Drew's Garage three months ago for auto service.

12/09/2010

Jim Knebels B.

I dropped the car off in the morning and it was ready to pickup by 5:00 PM. The job was done right, and it's still working. He seemed to know all about these windows, so I was comfortable with him doing the work. I think the total bill was about $600, but I don't have the receipt with me at this minute, so I can not confirm. Price wasn't any better than Toyota, but the location made it convenient.

Description of Work
He replaced motor and track for a power window on a Toyota Solara

06/13/2010

Kimberly M.

We always bring our cars to Drew. He has the most integrity and honesty we have ever encountered in the car repair business. He fights for our extended warranty repairs and does his best to keep our out of pocket expenses the lowest possible. I know he has more people working for him but when you call the shop, he's the one that answers the phone and the one you deal with one a continuous basis. He's very thorough and knows his cars. We trust our cars to Drew and Drew only. Give this guy your car, you will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Had a check engine light and oil change needed, but have taken our cars to Drew for other services.

07/29/2009

John G.

They are a good business that deserves credit. They have high integrity. I can’t remember the last time I had a mechanic who suggested ways to save money. I had to replace the vent window in my car a year ago. All the other auto-glass places were quoting $400-$500 for replacing the same. When I called Drew’s garage and told them my requirement, they were willing to try something from their salvage yard first. They were very good at explaining diagnostics and talking through the whole process. I haven’t found a better mechanic.

Description of Work
I use Drew’s Garage for auto repair. The last time I went to them was a month ago. They did troubleshooting for the electrical issue with my vehicle. They tracked down the proper parts and put things back together for me.

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Mufflers
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover

auto repair car repair, car inspections, import, exotic, classic, hybrid, Domestic, alfa romeo, austin martin, audi, acura, bently, bmw, cadillac, chevy, chrysler, dodge, ferrari, fiat, ford, gmc, honda, hyundai, hummer , infinity, isuzu, jaguar, jeep, kia, lamborghini, land rover, lexus, lincoln, lotus, maserati, mazda, mercedes, mercury, mini, mitsubishi, nissan, porsche, pontiac, oldsmobile, rolls royce, range rover, saab, saturn, scion, subaru, suzuki, toyota,volvo, vw