Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup

Founded 1935 • With Angi since February 2004

4600 Marsalis St

Fort Worth, TX 76117

Coupons and Discounts at - http://www.rotorooterfw.com/coupons. Additional email - rotorooter.callcenters@rrsc.com.

09/25/2017

John P.

...

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

01/31/2017

DOUGLAS H.

Once on site, technician was very professional repaired as promised.

Description of Work
Repair water main link in yard and gas leak in bathroom.

09/01/2015

Ritu M.

Description of Work
Plumbing.

08/18/2015

Gloria M.

I discovered the leak around 7:30 a.m. and called the Aledo Water Department who told me what was wrong and that it was my responsibility because it was in the line from the meter to my house. I called Roto Rooter at around 8:30 and they got a man out promptly around 9:15. He gave me an estimate in the range of $700 to dig to the leak which was about 2 feet deep, but he would have to cut through the roots of a tree right next to the line, and he needed to call a helper; he started digging, and the helper arrived around 10:15, and took over. They had to use a chain saw to cut the tree roots. The digging took about 2 hours, then they left for about an hour to go get the part to fix it. He quoted me in the range of $400 to fix the leak, which took another hour or so, then they cleaned up. The total price was $1148. They were very nice and seemed to do a good job. My only problem was the price. After speaking with some of my friends who have had the same sort of work done, I think the repair cost was way overpriced for 3 hours work, plus the one hour to go get the part.

Description of Work
I had a leak in the distribution line leading to my house. The leak was at the water meter, and they fixed the leak for me.

01/13/2015

Kathy W.

I was told the entire pipe would need to be replaced. I should have gotten another bid, but I was anxious to get my water turned back on. I regret that I spent so much money on this.

Description of Work
Replaced water pipe from meter to house.

12/10/2014

Brent T.

I had a bathroom that would not drain (toilet and sink). Called them and they arrived in a timely fashion. He snaked the drain where I taken off the toilet were I have recently tried and couldn't get it unstopped. He couldn't get the drain unstopped either but he taken the time to investigate the problem. So found the direction pipe was going and went to digging. We found out the line was dummied (duct taped at the end). I hated hearing and seeing this but he was good. I've just bought this house and this was not caught by the home inspection.

Description of Work
Explained what my problem was.

11/04/2014

Kelly P.

The plumber, Steve, showed up as soon as he could after hours and performed the work quickly in the dark. He was able to clear our sewer line - something another plumber could not do. He went above and beyond to follow up with us the next day to make sure the City had began work on the issue in the street and even stopped by to make sure his line locates matched what the City did. I was impressed with his great customer service - he saved us money.

Description of Work
Cleared sewer line after-hours

10/01/2014

Brandi B.

It was great. They did a lot and it was on a Sunday. The worst part was that the guy didn't remove his boots and it stained a rug in my kitchen. The best part was how timely they were. Only charging $45 extra to come on a Sunday for 2 hours was really reasonable. Their emergency price was only $45 which was a really good deal.

Description of Work
I had a plumbing experience with them. They unclogged two clogs in my kitchen and got a drain to run through again. They also did some drain maintenance solution.

05/29/2014

Carol D.

Overall not satisfied with the service. The plummer was professional. Explain we would have a $72 dollar charge. Then looked at commode for about 10 minutes and indicaed it was stoped up. Because he spent 10 minues to tell me it was stopped up, he chared another $100 and told me he could remove the commode for another $400 dollars. Basically, I said no thank you. His total time at the house was less than 10 minutes. I have no isuse wiht the $72 dollar change, its the $100 charge, I feel was unreasonable and the fact they wanted to charge another $400 dollars to remove the commode. I called a local plumer on Tuesday and he removed and unstopped the commode, took him around 40 minues. The total charge was $193 dollars to fix this commode. He also made an adjusetment to a second commode in the house. I was totally satisfied with his work and the commode now works. I will not call Roto-Rooter again, their work may be acceptable, their rates are not in line with other plummers.0

Description of Work
Called Roto Rooter to unstop commode that would not flush.

Category drain cleaning

10/13/2012

Fleur W.

Had roto rooter out to repair a toilet after I returned from a short business trip to find the bowl empty ... Service person arrived on time but seemed annoyed to be there - told me that the reason for my problem was that all the water had evaporated out of the bowl in two days - he seemed amazed when I told him Ii didn't believe that ... He finally replaced the 'innards' of the toilet, but did so incorrectly as the toilet is now running and phantom flushing at times ... They are coming out again on Monday to hopefully fix the problem ... I'm not going to call them again after that ...

Description of Work
Toilet repair

08/02/2012

Susan F.

I called this firm which I had used in prior years. The two employees who came out at 1:30 did not complete the work until 4:30; this included a trip to Home Depot which is about 3 miles from my home. The toilet works fine, however I am unhappy with the shower head repair. They sawed off several inches of the pipe before installing the new water-saver head and now it is so high I cannot comfortably adjust it. After they departed, I discovered no clean up had been done; empty box, assorted trash and black smudges on the tile counter were left. The floor had not been swept. I had to clean up the mess. As they prepared to leave, the younger worker made references to his personal marital problems. I was aghast at this unprofessional behavior. I have talked with the customer service representative at Roto-Rooter regarding my issues with this visit. The person on the phone was polite but I do not feel he was particularly concerned.

Description of Work
I had two minor problems. My shower head was old and needed replacement, it was beginning to clog up with mineral deposits and in fact part of the metal face was loose. It was the original shower head that came with my 50+ year old house! The toilet tank's ball and float mechanism was not working correctly, was no longer refilling from a flush.

03/30/2012

Debra G.

Something was wrong with the faucet pipe, and they couldn’t just replace the part, so they had to replace the whole piping. They had to take the brick off the house to replace it. I would recommend them to others. The quality of their work was good, but the faucet and the pipe they put in were defective. A week after it was put in when we were on a vacation at San Antonio, my daughter was watching my dog, and she called us and told us to come home as the front room was flooded. Because it was a defective item in there, it leaked in the wall which means the water comes into my daughter’s room, and it was like four inches of water inside my front room, so we called them, they came out right away when we got back in, and they had to tear out the dry wall and replaced the piping and stuff, but they did not offer to do a cleanup or anything because the carpet in there was soaked wet, so we had to have someone professional to check all that out. They thought these things happen, but I thought it was their fault and they should have paid for that and also some of the furniture that was damaged because of the water. As far as their plumbing work, they were good, so I would recommend them to others. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Services to replace an outside faucet pipe for the hose that goes out of the house.

01/31/2012

Sandra F.

The name of the person who came out is Chris. B. Instead of using the cleanout in the front of the house, he said he couldn’t do it and he went up on the roof. He kept saying he couldn’t get to it or whatever. He did all these things and it still wasn’t fixed. It cost me $635. I called him again. He came back and voided all of my warranty that he had put on the first thing and said most of my problem was probably due to the City upfront, so I called the City. They told me that I shouldn’t call a plumber first but that I should call them first to see if it was their fault. I called Roto-Rooter to see if I could get back any money and I couldn’t. He said he would give me back my warranty. I was not at all happy. I had read on Angie’s List that Roto-Rooter out of Arlington had really got some high marks, so when I called I thought I was calling the Arlington office but for some reason they gave me the Fort Worth office. They maybe owned by the same people; I don’t know. I didn’t get any satisfaction at all and I told them that I was going to put it on Angie’s List. He didn’t act concerned at all. I think the whole problem was the first day that he came he did not use the camera. The second time he came, he used the camera and then found the City problem but the City said that all plumbers in Grand Prairie area knew that they would come free because I asked him the first day he was here if I should call the City. He said they won’t use a camera free for me. He said they won’t do that for me but I found that they do use it free and they will tell me if it is my problem or their problem. Somebody else told me to give the bill to the City. It was my fault that I went ahead in a way and Roto-Rooter went ahead and did what they did. He also said it would never be right until I get the $3000 flush or something. The first time he came was on the 17th. He had to come back because it was backed up again. He couldn’t come back on 18th but he came back on the 20th and that was a no charge day but that’s when he voided my warranty. The quality of his work was probably okay but he did have to come back and do it again. I would not recommend them and would not use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Services as I had a backup in my back shower.

10/11/2010

MICHAEL D.

Poorly. Paid premium price. Warranty no good. Billed me for warranty work.

Description of Work
On July 5, I paid $350 to get the drain unclogged - a very premium price. Supposedly, this service had a 90 guarantee. After the guy left, the toilets backed up again. He cleaned them out again. In the first week of October, Roto Rooter called and said I owed them money. I said that the work was under warranty and I had never received a bill. On October 11, I received a second bill for $135.75. Given the premium price I paid up front, I didn't expect this type of behavior.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

I apologize that your upset with our service, however I would like an opportunity to explain. When we first serviced your home on 7/5 we removed, cleaned the line from the stub and reset your MASTER BATH commode which included the parts in which you supplied. On 7/15 we returned and recleaned the sewer line from the same commode stub and warranted the work at no charge to you. On 8/12 you called again and at that time the problem was in your HALL BATH commode which we pulled, cleaned and reset as well as replacing parts in that commode. This call was in no way related to the previous MASTER BATH problems you were having. As a courtesty to you for the recent service we provided in August, we discounted that call by 50%, resulting in a charge of $135.75. Roto-Rooter strives to do our best at taking care of our customers and your input is sincerely appreciated. We have recently received your payment of $135.75 for the discounted work we did in August, which again was not related to the original work performed. If you feel that this charge is unacceptable to you, we will gladly return your check to you in hopes of keeping a satisfied customer. Please let me know your decision and we will proceed with your request. Again, Roto-Rooter appreciated your business and want you to be another satisfied customer. We look forward to your response. Sincerely, Roto-Rooter, Fort Worth, Texas.

10/05/2010

GARY & MARY JO H.

They are an excellent company. I spent $180 on the service. They showed up and they returned a phone call, which nobody else had done. They were excellent. I will use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service, a year ago. They unplugged a few pipes.

06/30/2010

Andrew W.

I have had two leaks under the foundation of my nearly 100 year old duplex (yes, before 1920!) and two leaks inside my 50 year old office building, one of which required re-plumbing an entire sink area due to it's antiquated turn off valves and rusted out drain line as well as a new faucet.They charged me about $275 for the first under foundation repair, $450 for the second, and $500 for the inside re-plumbing job. The other inside leak was just from sand in the faucet mesh strainers due to city repairs, that was billed at their service call fee plus just a bit, I believe about $100, and I got the repairman to check another minor leak at the time. They have a standard additional charge for going under the foundation, which is reasonable. The repairman offered to let me purchase the sink faucet myself at Home Depot to save money, as they add about 80% to it, but I didn't have time. However, this was a gesture that would be appreciated by most homeowners. We have found their work to be good and effective. I did haggle with them a bit when the bill for the second under-foundation repair came in a good bit higher than the first, but the serviceman did call his headquarters and try to help me with it, and explained the charges to my satisfaction. This beats blowing me off with a "that's the charge Mister" attitude. Overall, I like their demeaner and work or I wouldn't keep using them, and I am pretty discriminating about fair charges and good service.

Description of Work
We have had them out four times in 2009 / 2010 for various plumbing repairs to an older office building and a duplex used commercially, and each time I was satisfied with the quality of their work and the timely response we needed. They aren't simply a 'rotor rooter" drain cleaner; they do all types of plumbing repair.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

06/23/2010

BILLYE O.

Our basement was stinking and they came out that day. I am extremely happy with his services and they were great. They cleaned up and gave us a guarantee. They are absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We have a 3 story house and all of our sinks and pipes were backed-up. They placed a snake down each drain and cleaned our system.

01/06/2010

Irene N.

The plumber was not very experienced. The job was very iffy and he asked me what to do; he was very unsure of himself. The price was comparable but I would not recommend him at all.

Description of Work
Roto-Rooter did some exterior plumbing for me.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

08/21/2008

Marie A.

We were very pleased with them. They were on time and respectful. They have since provided us with a quote for the work to be done, which we're waiting on doing. They honored charging us what they had quoted rather than the service they provided for us (when it was more expensive the other way).

Description of Work
They inspected our pipes as we had recently purchased a foreclosed home. This was the first time we had used Roto Rooter.

11/18/2007

GARY & MARY JO H.

Most excellent!! Advised of time delay and also called to advise of anticipated time of arrival!

Description of Work
Pipes were plugged and were cleared

07/02/2007

SCOT B.

The people were very courteous and nice. It seemed to be like they were very prepared and equipped to do the job. Thy were very professional.

Description of Work
My septic tank was clogged. My pipes were clogged and I could not use any water in my home. It took Roto Rooters 15 minutes to fix the problem.

Category septic tank, drain cleaning

10/30/2006

Dee P.

He was there within an hour of my call. The work was done quickly. He even spent some extra time finding the missing sewer cap, which the dog had carried over to the other side of the yard. The price seemed high, but I haven't gotten this kind of work done for years and years, so I can't say for sure. Because it was a Sunday, the price included a $30 overtime charge.

Description of Work
My sewer line overflowed on a Sunday morning. The service guy came out and cleared the blockage.

03/27/2005

THEY ARE ON TIME AND ALWAYS CALL TO CHECK AFTER THE WORK IS COMPLETE TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH THE FINISHED WORK. THEY ARE A RELIABLE AND AVAILABLE SOURCE FOR YOUR REPAIRS.

Description of Work
SO DEPENDABLE. THEY WORK 24 HOURS A DAY, SEVEN DAYS A WEEK AND EVEN ON CHRISTMAS AND OTHER SPECIAL DAYS. A STOPPED DRAIN IS A REAL PROBLEM WHENEVER IT HAPPENS. HAD THEM OUT FOR SEWER AND DRAIN PROBLEMS.

10/31/2004

SHERYL A.

THE SERVICE TECHNICIAN WAS STRANGE. HE TOLD ME HE DIDN'T LIKE DOLLS, SO WOULD NOT COME INTO THE HOUSE. HE ALSO RECOMMENDED A VERY EXPENSIVE SERVICE AND DID NOT SEEM TO TAKE LONG ENOUGH DOING THE JOB. ABOUT A WEEK LATER, I ALREADY WAS EXPERIENCING MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE DRAIN.

Description of Work
REMOVED ROOTS CLOGGING WATER DRAIN.

Category sewer cleaning

10/29/2004

JENIFER B.

THEY WERE ABLE TO REPLACE OUR OLD, DISINTEGRATED SEWER LINE WITHOUT TEARING UP OUR "VINTAGE" BACK PATIO, BY PERFORMING A "PIPE BURST" INSTEAD OF TRENCHING UP THE ENTIRE LINE. MINIMAL DISTURBANCE TO BACK LAWN AS WELL. THE PRICE, WHILE MORE THAN I'D HOPED TO PAY, WAS FAIR CONSIDERING THAT RESIDUAL DAMAGE FROM THE SEWER LINE REPLACEMENT WAS VERY MINIMAL. EMPLOYEES WERE PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONABLE. THEY EVEN "SET IN" A NEW TOILET INDOORS AT NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE.

Description of Work
PERFORMED PIPE BURST ON ENTIRE SEWER LINE FROM HOUSE TO CITY HOOKUP IN ALLEY.

Advantage Drainage

What sets Advantage Drainage apart? We solely provide drain service and have made it our specialty for the last 37+ years. Drainage is an unregulated business, this means that anyone— landscapers, plumbers, or sprinkler companies— can put a pipe in the ground and call it drainage. This becomes risky for the consumer. However, Advantage Drainage customers throughout Dallas and Fort Worth, know that our drain solutions stand apart as time-tested and proven. A large percentage of our business consists of redoing drainage work attempted by landscapers and sprinkler companies. Save yourself time, money, and frustration by contacting our team of experts to do the job right the first time. Advantage Drainage solutions integrate multiple layers of protection to stop flooding now and in the future. We have the specialized tools and equipment to deal with North Texas soils. We can access hard to reach areas— below ground level, preconstruction sites, underneath landscapes or buildings— to stop basement flooding, standing water, blocked drainage, etc., at its source. Our combination of experience, ingenuity, and specialized training cannot be beat. Let Advantage Drainage help you today! Please provide your phone number and address in the message center for the fastest response. Thank you!

Andy’s Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Star Restoration and Carpet Cleaning

Star Restoration and Carpet Cleaning is a professional water damage restoration company located in Arlington, TX. Don't waste your time and call us now! Upholstery Cleaning, Carpet Cleaning, Tile Cleaning, Demolition, Upholstery Cleaning Service Dalworthington Gardens TX; Crowley TX; Rendon TX; Glenn Heights TX; Forest Hill TX; Water Damage Restoration, Water Damage, Water Damage Repair, Home Water Damage Repair, Emergency Water Damage Repair http://bertrestorationcarpetcleaning.com/

$10

Residential all types of repair and replacement of plumbing fixtures - water heaters, faucets, commodes, plumbing repairs and trenchless excavation of sewer and drain lines, drain cleaning services, water lines/pipework, slab leaks, video inspections of lines, water jetting and liquid waste pumping of grease traps & septic and holding tanks.