Mark A. Venincasa DDS

Founded 1986 • With Angi since October 2008

17330 Preston Rd Ste 116-D

Dallas, TX 75252

We are a general and cosmetic dental practice that seeks to provide quality care at a great value, that values the relationships with our patients immensely, and that seeks to minimize our patients dental expenses over the course of their lifetimes. The practice began in 1986 and has grown primarily by word-or-mouth referrals from our valued patients. We value our patients time, we have minimal wait times in the reception area, and we do not schedule multiple patients at the same time. We offer easy access to our office by car travel as well as by offering closeby assigned free parking....

10/15/2014

Ted N.

He is five stars as they are concerned. He was very conservative. A lot of dentist of that nature will say to do the root canal or crown, but he said to wait and see if the pain issue did not went away because he thought it was caused by an infection, and if the pain went away, it would have been a waste of surgery. So, we appreciate his desire not to just rack up charges.

Description of Work
Dr. Mark Venincasa is a dental provider. My mother-in-law and wife used him last month. He is an endodontists. He has given my wife advice with respect to getting a crown.

Category endodontics, dentists

08/25/2014

Vicki J.

It was my first visit and everything went very smoothly. The dentist is very nice and calming. The staff is also very nice and caring. They care about you as a person and not just a patient. I have had no problem contacting the doctor or scheduling with the dentist. They even have early hours for those who have busy work schedules.

Description of Work
I visited for a routine cleaning and exam. He has also done a crown for me.

06/20/2013

Judith and Michael C.

Dr. Mark A. Venincasa's office are very easy to work with, his personnel have all been real nice, and they have allowed me to pay this as I could. They worked with me on that too and Dr. Venincasa is a real nice man. He was very gentle, very compassionate, and he did make sure everything fit like it was supposed to. He sent my dentures back to be readjusted. If I have a problem he'll listen to try to fix it as best he can and I really like working with him.

Description of Work
I saw Dr. Mark A. Venincasa for dentures.

Category dentures

06/10/2012

Christopher J.

They meet me and got started on time. They were very attentive to my needs and any changes from my last visit. They reviewed and provided insight for any issues I was experiencing and they finished up and sent me on my way, a fantastic experience.

Description of Work
I was in the office for a routine cleaning, and there is always a fantastic staff on hand to help me with my appointment. They do a fantastic job and they are all wonderful people for the chore this is the dentist.

03/15/2012

Ricki D.

A trip to the dentist is no one's favorite activity. But Dr. Venicasa and his staff have always been friendly and professional. Briscoe, the dental hygentist is incredibly nice, and he does good work. Kay handles their appointments and billing, and she is also a very nice lady! She has always been more than pleasant when I have called and/or come in the office. The last time I called to doublecheck on when my appointment was, she recognized me by name immediately and asked how my pregnancy was going. I hadn't been in the office in 5 months or so, so that sort of things is impressive. I like that you can confirm appointments by email or text message. Dr. Venicassa seems to have a passion for dental work, which is reassuring! I definitely would recommend this dentist. The dental work that he has done so far looks and feels good, and I trust him to be conservative enough in my treatment that he isn't recommending worthless procedures. There are really only two drawbacks that I can list about this dental office. 1) They are not in any insurance network, so if you choose to go there, you are not receiving a network discount. Dr. Venicasa's website explains his philosphy about this, and I do still continue to go there despite the fact that it is not as economical as it could be. They do give you treatment plans that include costs, and they also file the claims for you though, so you are not left having to take care of your own claim forms. And Dr. Venicasa and staff have always been sensitive to the cost of treatment. 2) They are closed on Fridays. Currently I am pregnant, but after the baby arrives, I have a list of treatment items I need done, starting with my wisdom teeth. Dr. V does not extract those himself, but he does partner with someone who will come in the office and do it.

Description of Work
I have been going to Dr. Venincasa for about 1 1/2-2 years now. I will be the first to admit that I need a lot of work done, and I have slowly been getting it done. So far from his office I have had general exams, cleanings, root canals, and some crown work done. Each visit has been one that left me feeling comfortable with his treatment and willing to come back, even though I have a hard time making myself visit the dentist. They will talk you through everything that they are doing and check on you often to make sure that you are ok during a procedure. A dental visit cannot always be painless, but they have done everything they could to minimize that. Despite the fact that my teeth do need a lot of work, Dr. Venicasa has not made me feel guilty about that as other providers have in the past either.

Category endodontics, dentists

07/21/2011

Diane C.

My experience has been excellent with the entire office as well as Dr. Venincasa. The office is well organized, I have not been kept waiting, and everyone is sooo pleasant. The entire team makes customer comfort a high priority. I don't think anyone likes to go to the dentist, so this attention to customer service is a real plus. I have been really satisfied with all the work that Dr. Venincasa has done--and in addition he always takes the time to explain what and why he needs to do procedures. His staff, Kay, Christina and Brisco are all consistently top notch.

Description of Work
When I first came to Dr. Venincasa, he had seen that many of my older fillings crowns were beginning to fail, so he has been gradually replacing them. I was a little nervous at first, but once the first crown was replaced, I was glad I had gone with him and have been continuing to have the additional work done.

04/18/2011

John L.

I think he's a good dentist. His bedside manner is fine. The office staff had a big turnover last time and I was there. I don't know a whole lot of new staff. Everybody had a turn over. I haven't been back to him in time to assess the staff. I'm fairly unhappy with them. I had a crown and I was told that I should pay up part of the amount and the rest would be covered by insurance. Then I kept getting bills every time I talked to the people over there. They said that they will get the insurance straightened out and told me not to worry about it. Then the staff turned over and then all of a sudden I was turned over to a new set of people. There was no communication whatsoever as to why the insurance was not covered. I don't know if the insurance company refused to pay or what was going on. I was not kept informed about it. They had supposedly pre-screened the insurance and told me how much I was going to owe when I paid that before they could process that. Then all of a sudden I get a bill and it went on for six months. The girl that was there told me not to worry about it. I don't know if she thought it was a wrong insurance company or what was it. Then the whole staff turned over. I have no idea why this happened. I would not use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I go to Dr Mark A Venincasa for general dentistry. I last visited him over a year ago. I've used him for crowns.

Category dentists, oral surgeons, cosmetic dentist

We certainly are disappointed by this member's experience with us. This is not at all a common experience within my practice. This member is correct in that we had turnover in the summer of 2009. My hygienist of over 9 years left to work for a personal friend, my business assistant was planning a wedding and needed more time off and thus quit, and my dental assistant was also needing time off in preparation for her wedding. This member is also correct in stating that the insurance company did not pay as anticipated. We filed claims numerous times to assist the member in getting payment. While we can assist patients with claims and insurance management, we ultimately cannot predict, guarantee, nor force the insurance companies to do anything. Only patients have contracts with the insurance carriers; we do not. As a result we can assist patients to a certain degree. Patients can assist themselves and can find out more information than we can, they can put insurance carriers under more pressure to handle their responsibilities more effectively, and they can complain to their human resources department of their employer when the insurance carriers are not managing their claims properly. In this case the insurance carrier did not perform as we had intended. As a result the member has blamed us. We provided the insurance carrier with all support materials needed for the dental claims yet the insurer still did not perform as expected. We too are very disappointed that the insurer did not perform properly. Unfortunately but truly, patients do blame dental offices many times when their own insurance carriers are not performing properly. We do empathize with the member. We do consider the member a good friend who trusted us for many years. Friends of this member have continued to see us as patients. This situation is disappointing for us, it does not at all reflect upon our normal business activity, and we are sympathetic towards this member in not getting the insurance benefits that were anticipated. We do have a new staff that has remained consistent since the turnover of 2009. I believe we could have helped this member more if he was willing to work with my new staff. We could have offered the patient and member more advice on how to contact the insurer to get better service. Perhaps this incident could have been worked more and solved. Instead the member got upset with us for his insurer not performing as anticipated and decided to leave our practice with the quality services already completed. We do welcome this member back. With our staff and team in place for over two years I believe this member would be pleased with all we have done and will continue to do to offer our patients superb personal service in an honest, ethical, and quality-oriented manner. I am so very sorry our relationship was severed.

12/23/2010

Dan W.

Dr. V was very careful and explained every step of the way.

Description of Work
Replace caps on teeth.

12/05/2010

Christopher J.

Mark and his staff always do such a wonderful job, they really pride themselves in their work and are very friendly just an altogether wonderful experience. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Replaced two old fillings.

06/06/2009

Laura R.

This last visit I had to wait a bit which is highly unusual for the practice. When I got in the dental chair, I had x-rays, cleaning, and examination which were all done quickly, efficiently, and painlessly.

Description of Work
Dental cleaning, x-rays, and examination

03/12/2009

DANA S.

He is wonderful. He makes the experience go well. The staff is amazing. I will keep going back to him.

Description of Work
Dr. Venincasa is a dentist. The last visit was for check up.

Dentistry - General
    Dentistry - Root Canals/Endodontics
    Dentistry - Dentures/Prosthodontics
    Dentistry - Cosmetic
    Dentistry - Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
    Dentistry - TMJ
    Dentistry - Pediatrics
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

General Dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, preventive care, TMJ Dysfunction, wisdom teeth extraction with IV sedation, Cerec single-appointment crowns and partial crowns, non-surgical gum treatment, root canal therapy, sealants, dental implant restoration, night guards, gold and tooth-colored crowns, partial and full dentures, tooth-colored fillings, tooth whitening/bleaching (Zoom!), porcelain veneers, occlusal adjustments, replacement of missing teeth, nitrous oxide (laughing gas), CareCredit.

orthodontics