Yost Automotive

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2006

6517 N Lamar Blvd

Austin, TX 78752

We are a family-owned and operated one-stop shop for all your automotive repair needs. Our ASE Certified Technicians service all makes and models 1996 and newer, imported and domestic. We also offer a 24 month/24,000 mile nationwide warranty on anything we do. Period....

12/18/2014

Sonia W.

I came here about 4-5 months ago for the first time because a technician at a different mechanic shop had told me that I needed to replace my spark plugs. When I came to Yost, a guy showed me my spark plugs and told me that I didn't need to change them because they looked brand new! He didn't charge me a cent! Wow. I was really impressed by their honesty, which is why I decided to come back to Yost to get my window fixed. It works beautifully now and I'm very pleased with the excellent customer service I received. The lady at the front desk is helpful and friendly too. So happy I have found a mechanic I can trust and depend on!

Description of Work
Replace a window regulator and fix driver's side door mechanism (not sure what exactly).

Category auto repair

Thank you for the wonderful review! Let us know if there's anything in the future we can help you out with!

09/20/2014

Donna H.

I drove in, gave my keys, Enterprise picked me up, it took 3 days, Enterprise brought me back. Excellent service. Everyone so friendly and helpful, especially Jacob.

Description of Work
Replaced my bumper and painted the car

Category auto repair

We appreciate your business and you taking time to write a review. Jacob is awesome, we are lucky to have him!

02/06/2014

Gerald D.

The service was great. They are efficient, very straight forward on estimates and do follow up calls.

Description of Work
They replace the starter in my truck and a headlight on my wife's car.

01/20/2014

Bennie G.

They change my axle, gave me an oil changed.

09/26/2013

Marla J.

Yost has always taken care of me. I have been using them for years and this is the third vehicle I have taken there. I trust them to give me a good deal and I save money because the dealership charges a ton for the same services. They also have a funky little suburu that I drove while my car was being serviced. Only charged me $25 to use which I thought was fair. Saved me a trip to a car rental place. A co-worker initially recommended Yost to me in 2000. I have since recommended Yost to friends and everyone appreciates their fair price and honesty.

Description of Work
my car was overheating. At first they could not find the source so they recommended keeping it overnight. They found the problem first thing the next morning. They fixed it and I had it by lunch. The service itself only cost about $140 or so but they charge a $50 diagnostic and $25 for a car rental. I noticed a few people complain that they did not know about the diagnostic fee but they have a big sign in the office and they also tell you on the phone. Not sure how anyone could be surprised by that fee.

Category auto repair

Thanks, (removed member name)! We appreciate having you as a customer and for the recommendations!

09/12/2013

MARK P.

I have used Yost for car repairs several times in the past. The work is always done fairly quickly and I have yet to have an issue with anything I've had them repair. The only negative thing I can say is that I have had to proactively call them to find out if my vehicle was ready to be picked up. This unfortunately seems to be par for the course with auto repair shops, but this is the only issue I have ever had with Yost. I now have a new car so hopefully I won't have to return to Yost anytime soon, but if and when I need to they are my go-to auto repair shop.

Description of Work
Replaced a failing alternator in a minivan I was preparing for sale.

09/09/2013

DEBORAH B.

We have used this provider several times now and find them to be honest and dependable.

Description of Work
Diagnosed the problems of a vehicle.

06/28/2013

Jennifer M.

They stood by their work so basically I had a lot of failures in my car at the same time and they didn't catch everything the first time but because they had worked on my car the previous week, they gave me a pretty good discount on the service that first time that they have hoped to have caught the first time. On one hand, they didn't catch everything that went wrong with my car, the first time they caught the most major thing but when there's a secondary issue that came up that could've been caught but haven't been caught, they stood by their work and were very reasonable about fixing this secondary issue. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
I've used Yost Automotive last August. The oil pump had to be replaced in my car, I have a lot of car repairs done by them around the same time.

04/18/2013

Rachel and Rhonda D.

I went in to have the serpentine beld on my car changed and the 100,000 mile checkup. Yost Automotive is a new company I decided to try because my previous service people had closed down. I was totally disappointed with Yost. I brought the car in on Thursday morning. The biggest disappointment was that they didn't call and they didn't give me any information. Thursday afternoon somebody called me back and said I needed this and that and they would see if they could get me some new tires. I asked them to let me know how good the tires that I had were and a few other things. I know they don't close until quite late Thursday evening, so I called back in good time before they closed and left messages asking them to let me know about the tires and the other questions I had asked. I called them again Friday morning and left a message. I called them at least three or four times on Friday and never got a call back. They are closed Saturday and Sunday, and I was annoyed because they never called me back. I spent over a thousand dollars, you can at least give me a call back! At last I got my car back and told them I wasn't very happy about it. I'm not going to go back there.

Description of Work
I went to Yost Automotive to have the 100,000 mile checkup and have the serpentine belt changed.

Category auto repair

[member name removed] I am sorry your expectations were not met. Our records indicate that you spoke to our service writer twice, our manager twice and our receptionist once the two days your vehicle was here. We understand that sometimes people need more attention and again we are sorry that your expectation was not met.

12/12/2012

John T M.

I took my vehicle to a couple other mechanics that quoted me between $2500-3000 to fix these issues. I went to Yost and he let me know the previous mechanics mis-diagonsed the problem, thus causing the high estimates. Yost correctly figured out what the issue is and it was able to save me a lot of money. I had a previous issue that Yost took care that included a one year warranty, then part went out about 14 months later. Yost was still willing to honor this warranty because they stand behind their work there. The shop manager I deal with is Mike Lilly and he is about as friendly as they come. Yost is extremely customer service oriented and I trust my vehicle completely with these guys.

Description of Work
I went to Yost Automotive because my car was pulling a little to the side. They replaced the tie-rods on my car, the air sensor, and they also repaired my air conditioning control.

Retiz Electric

If you need an electrical issue fixed that’s making you feel unsafe in your home, we’re on it. If you’re in the process of moving to a new home and you don’t have anyone to help you move all the big furniture, we’re on it. And not because we want something in return but because we want our clients to know that we are here for them for any reason. Not just electrical issues.

The Glass Guru of Austin

Do you have Foggy Dual-Pane Windows with condensation or residue between the panes? Our proven Moisture Removal and Window Restoration Process can fix this problem at a fraction the cost. When restoration isn't the best option, our full-service location offers the highest quality, name brand replacement products at great prices. Above all else, we pride ourselves in offering the best possible service to our customers. Whether residential or commercial, we can take care of most of your glass and window repair, restoration and replacement needs. Super Service Award Winner-7 years in a Row! Showroom/Office hours are by appointment only.

Offers by The Glass Guru of Austin on Angi
    The Connect Electric

Our businesses main focus is quality. We offer professional quality work with upfront pricing and no later up charging. We've been in the electrical business for 10 years working hands on. Our business ethics and Moto's are what help us stand out!

Auto Service
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Tires
    Auto Glass
    Auto Inspections
    MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available

Oil Changes, State Inspections, Factory Scheduled Maintenance, Diagnosis and Repair including: Timing Belts/Timing Chains, Brakes, Emissions, Catalytic Converters, Radiator and Cooling Systems, Transmissions, Air Conditioning & Heaters, Power Steering, Suspensions, Fuel Systems, etc.

Major body work