West End Grooming

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2006

2906 St Gabriel St

Austin, TX 78705

Additional hours - Sat 9:00 AM-5:00 PM....

06/02/2016

Janice B.

02/25/2015

Mark D.

Description of Work
Groomed our dog. Went excellently as always.

06/25/2013

Mark D.

West End has been our dog's exclusive groomer for the last 3 years. Kit and Fran have always taken great care of our westie-poo and always ask about how we want him cut (face shape, length on legs and body, etc...). I have observed this shop in action multiple times and they treat each and every pup with great care and affection. They may not be the cheapest groomers in town but to us, they are the epitome of the phrase and quot;You get what you pay forand quot; and we would not have it any other way!

Description of Work
Wash & Dry, full groom, express glands, dremmeled nails

04/08/2013

Susan B.

West End Grooming are fabulous. They're very hands on and very frightened and they let me bring him back repeatedly just to get him used to being in there. They didn't groom him, but they put him up on the table and tried to get him used to the aspect of being there. They're very caring. They're really, really good people.

Description of Work
They groom my dogs.

12/03/2010

Stephanie A.

I would recommend West End Grooming to anyone with small dogs!

Description of Work
I have two smaller dogs who needed a good bath, de-tangle, nail trim and hair cute. West End Grooming is AWESOME --- the people are wonderful and my dogs came home looking amazing and smiling from their day of fun & beauty!

03/03/2009

Denise S.

I had heard of West End through word of mouth so went to Angie's list to verify quality of service. They had good ratings so I decided to try them. They were able to get my dog in within a day or two which was great. I have a special needs dog who hates to be bathed by me, much less groomed, so I inquired about in and out service. Kit recommended that I NOT do in and out service because it would be more stressful on my dog so I trusted her opinion. I dropped my dog off at 9:00 am and she was done at 12:00 pm as promised which I was impressed with. When I picked up my dog they told me that they struggled to cut her face but did the best they could (which I am used to hearing from groomers). The problem came when I noticed that my dog was very sad. Even though she doesn't liked to be groomed she had never acted that way after grooming. She moped around for several days and was very clingy. She would not leave my side and had to sleep right next me at night which she never likes to do. The only other time I had ever seen her that way was when I had to leave her overnight at the hospital to have a bunch of tests run. I thought I was imagining things until an aquaintance noticed my dog's haircut and asked where I had her groomed because she was looking for a new groomer. When I said West End she asked what I thought and I told her the above story. She stated that she had taken her dog there and had the same experience. She stated that her dog doesn't mind being groomed and had responded to other groomers in a positive way in the previous town she lived in. She stated that her dog was very upset when she picked her up from West End too. I don't have an explanation for the behavior because I don't know what truly went on during the grooming but based on my dog's demeanor I will not go back there.

Description of Work
I took my dog in to be groomed (shampoo, cut, blowdry, etc.).

10/18/2008

CATHY H.

Very well.

Description of Work
Grooming of English springer spaniel.

06/17/2008

CLARISSA S.

The are the greatest! They are very attentive to my dogs and are so kind. They do a beautiful job grooming! I will never go anywhere else!

Description of Work
I have both of my dogs groomed here on a regular basis.

03/14/2007

LISA R.

I am very particular about where my dogs are groomed, particularly when it comes to hygiene and atmosphere. I dropped by West End Grooming the day before the appointment to inspect the business. The West End groomer willingly gave me a tour of the premises and explained their procedures and products. The atmosphere was calm. My female schnauzer is very fearful and normally hides after returning home from the groomers. She is scared of most people and noises. That day she did not hide. The atmosphere and people at West End Grooming must have been reassuring and gentle. I got the sense from West End that they care a lot about the dogs left in their charge. The hair cuts were great and are growing out well. I would definitely use West End Grooming again even though they are more expensive than I have paid at other groomers. The way they treated my dogs and were open with me added much value to the service.

Description of Work
Bathed and groomed 2 schnauzers, including dry skin treatment.

01/31/2007

Rajesh I.

My dog is happy to go to West End and at times she can be difficult. They treat her kindly and do a wonderful job.

Description of Work
Grooming, including nails and trimming the feet.

08/15/2006

MIMI B.

Kip and Fran are wonderful. They really care about our dogs and have been grooming our animals for a few years now. We have always had a positive experience and appreciate their kindness.

Description of Work
Grooming.

07/15/2006

Mary Lynn R.

Excellent workmanship. Wonderful peaceful place that automatically puts the animal and owner at ease.

Description of Work
Dog grooming (baths, trims, nails, etc.)

Animal Grooming