TechKnowByte

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2016

Austin, TX 78745

My name is John Wayne Edgmon and I am the owner of TechKnowByte. I have been providing Central Texas with mobile IT assistance and education since 2002. I offer a wide variety of services including mobile computer repair and remote computer support services to both small business and residential customers at an affordable price. Basically, any technology based device in your home, or small business; I can fix, install, or explain. Unlike many companies, I will take the time to explain the problem and the solution—in plain English. My job isn’t done until you are 100% satisfied with your understanding of the project at hand to help you better manage your home and business tech environments. I come to you to service any device and provide additional remote assistance to guarantee you have the support you need. I am your IT Handyman....

09/30/2016

Sarah D.

John from TechKnowByte has Gandhi-like patience when it comes to helping people understand technology. I have been relying on his expertise for a decade. He is always friendly, helpful and efficient. He is very reasonably priced considering his level of attention to detail. I honestly don't know what I would do without him.

Description of Work
John at TechKnowByte has helped find contacts I thought were lost when switching cellphones and service providers. He has fixed or replaced essential parts for my laptop. He has replaced or repaired broken screens for my cellphone. He has PATIENTLY given me instructions over the phone for how to operate a new device such as printer or Apple TV and done it on-the-fly with no notice. He has helped me navigate complicated online forms that need specific software such as e-signing a document or reformatting a document.

Category computer repair, computer training

09/28/2016

Martin H.

Went great! My computer wouldn't even get past the loading screen, just stuck continually restarting. I was out of town in Austin for business and needed my laptop up and running that day. Other quotes I received were very high and before they even saw my laptop, and had day+ wait times. After speaking with John, I had my laptop back up and running that night for way less than others had quoted. Was a lifesaver. Couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Had a disk error that was preventing Windows from starting up. I couldn't repair it myself, but John Edgmon fixed it the same day and for way less than I was quoted elsewhere.

Category computer repair

My Computer Works

Offers by My Computer Works on Angi
    Mike's Computer Repair

Please call Mike at 480-580-9648. I opened Mike's Computer Repair (480-580-9648) in 1994 with the desire to provide honest, reliable and friendly computer services in Maricopa County and across the United States. I provide on-site computer repair at your home or office for any problems or upgrade issues you may be having. I am also able to use remote access software to control your computer and address problems without having to visit. Not sure what to do? Call 480-580-9648 and It will always be Mike that answers the phone! 480-580-9648

Computer Training
    Computer Sales
    Check, PayPal

Computer Hardware: Laptop & Desktop Repair / Upgrades / Sales / Recycling Software Repair: Windows / Macintosh Virus / Malware Removal Tablet / Cell Phone Repair Data Retrieval Computer Setup Networking: Cat5, Cat6, Wi-fi IP Video Security Systems NOC Cable Management Customized in-home 1 on 1 training Build your own computer training! Shopping and Purchasing Assistance Single computer up to network build/organization IT Roadmap Planning Data backup, synchronization and organization