Efficient AC, Electric & Plumbing

Founded 1976 • With Angi since April 2009

Health and safety are always our highest priority. In light of COVID-19, we are taking extra measures -- including social distancing and increased PPE/sanitation procedures -- to protect the health of our community and team as we continue to provide service. In short, you can expect the same great service but with some modifications for the protection of all involved. We are a local, family-owned business that has been serving the greater Austin area since 1976. Over the last 40+ years, we have built a reputation for providing high-quality, comprehensive HVAC, electrical and plumbing service. We employ experienced, full-time technicians and don't use subcontractors, so you can expect consistently great quality and service whenever you call us. In addition to receiving extensive training before working independently, all of our technicians must pass a background check, drug test and random drug screening, which many other companies do not require. We hold our employees to the highest standards in order to provide you with the highest level of service. We service and install all brands of air conditioning, but we are proud to be a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer and a two-time winner of the Carrier President's Award for excellence....

Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated

Bookcase lighting
Lighting project

electrician

2020

HVAC Companies (741)electrician (340)lighting (80)ceiling fan installation (50)plumbers (17)water heaters (6)drain cleaning (2)generator service (1)drain pipe installation (1)

07/19/2022

Julie O.

We were very pleased with service technician Bobby and the professionalism shown by Efficient AC. Our previous Company had been bought out and the service went downhill. Bobby was punctual, informative, and professional. We plan to use Efficient’s plumbing and electrical services for any future needs. We recommend this company.

Description of Work
Service A/C

Work Completed On 07/19/2022

09/20/2021

Jerry S.

They arrive on time, they did the work that I asked them to do They were very efficient. I'm very satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
electrical works

Category electrician

Work Completed On 07/20/2021

08/10/2021

Donald M.

It took five attempts to get someone beyond the initial phone contact to return a call. In all of these attempts, I left a message with someone who I was told would contact me. On the fifth attempt I was able to arrange an appointment for someone to come by for an estimate. They did not show to the appointment nor did they call to indicate they were unable to make the appointment

Description of Work
Installation of whole home generator

Category generator service

Work Completed On 08/10/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We apologize, as this is not a reflection of our team's typical level of responsiveness and professionalism. We are looking back through our records to see what happened, and we'll be in touch to discuss. Thanks again.

07/21/2021

julie F.

I was trying out this company and was impressed with the technician so signed up for their seasonal maintenance plan. Bobby explained what could be done to extend the life of the units, which seem reasonable, and helped me prioritize which system to do first.

Description of Work
Maintenance/inspection of AC units

Work Completed On 07/21/2021

06/18/2021

Carlos G.

After experiencing low water pressure at our rental Unit, we called Efficient Plumbing for help. The Plumber came exactly on time was very polite and professional and quickly diagnosed the issue. He replaced the Aerator at the kitchen faucet and cleaned debri from faucet and shower head.

Description of Work
Cleaning clogged kitchen faucet and bathroom shower heads

Work Completed On 05/28/2021

03/15/2021

Tom P.

After calling all over Austin after the big storm, Efficient Plumbing answered the call. The NEXT morning, Brian arrived and capped a bunch of pipes that had burst. He was totally awesome! He was so nice, professional and thorough. I would definitely hire them again! You should hire them too!

Description of Work
Pipes burst

Work Completed On 02/22/2021

03/04/2021

danny N.

Did not need repair but technician explained what caused the issue and how to prevent it in the future.

Description of Work
HVAC outside heat pump compressor violently shaking

Category electrician

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

12/09/2020

Pat M.

Efficent AC Electric and Plumbing is an exceptional company. They have provided service, repair work, and installed a new ground loop heat pump in my home. I will address all three areas in this review. Service: Excellent. The technicians are knowledgeable, show up on time, address all maintenance areas, and get their work done correctly and efficiently. Repair: Excellent. If parts are not in stock, they are ordered promptly. Technicians arrive on time as scheduled and complete the work precisely on time the first time. They always have all of the required tools, materials and test equipment with them. Installation of replacement equipment: Excellent. Our installation was a difficult one. The unit is a ground loop heat pump that was installed by a different company. The unit location is in a difficult to access area. The installation team worked efficiently to complete the installation in less time than estimated. they protected the affected work area, did an impressive installation job, and cleaned up completely. A working management level person was onsite to supervise and inspect the work done. Summary: Efficent AC Electric and Plumbing provides work at the highest quality level. They have researched the systems available on the market and offer the most reliable and cost effective solutions.The staff is competent, knowledgable, and customer focused. They communicate effectively and proactively. Their pricing is fair and competitive. Having experienced service, repairs and installation with numerous other HVAC companies I can say without equivocation that Efficent AC Electric and Plumbing is the top contractor in this field I have had the pleasure of working with. My expectations have been exceeded every time I have dealt with Efficent AC Electric and Plumbing. I highly recommend them highly without reservation.

Description of Work
Replace furnace and air conditioning system, also maintenance and repair work previously.

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

11/13/2020

michael T.

We had Efficient install a new gas water heater for us. We received 3 estimates, but their representative, Steve was the most professional and friendliest. They were able to get us on the schedule quickly. The installation team were on time, clean, professional, and friendly. The install was completed in a couple of hours for a good price. My wife and I are incredibly pleased with the whole experience. A big thanks to the whole Efficient team.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replaced

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/12/2020

10/19/2020

Mrs J.

MORE than 5 STARS are needed for Efficient AC. Here's why: A few weeks ago, it became time to replace my three 20-year-old Carrier air conditioners (one at 3-tons, and two of 2-ton size) for my big house. After reading reviews and taking bids, I decided on Efficient AC for the job. Two of my units are fairly easy to access, but an upstairs unit could only be reached via a too-small attic scuttle, meaning that the hole had to be reconfigured, reframed, and new trim and a cover constructed. The finished work was perfect! Further, because the white carpeting in that area looked a little worse for wear, Efficient AC volunteered to have the carpet professionally cleaned at no charge to me. That, along with three spanking new, well-priced Carrier's within two days, is 5-star service, for sure. But wait, there's more! Besides having quoted me a nicely competitive price, without a single penny added for extras, Efficient AC took it upon themselves to make sure I met the requirements for a rebate program from my power company (PEC), ultimately benefitting me with a BONUS of $900. I have good cause to state that Efficient AC has earned my absolute trust --- ALL STARS!

Description of Work
Replace 3 air conditioners

Work Completed On 10/19/2020

10/17/2020

Jon-Eric S.

Technician misdiagnosed the compressor as broken and unrepairable. I had to repeatedly decline purchasing a whole new system. The technician then replaced the capacitor with a "special" turbo 200x capacitor.

Description of Work
Replace AC Capacitor

Work Completed On 10/16/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are against high-pressure sales, and what you are describing is not in line with the values we instill in our team. In the event that a customer is faced with a costly repair that may not be a good long-term investment, we may suggest a complimentary estimate to consider replacement options. This is a recommendation we make in good faith, and we never want a customer to feel otherwise. We apologize that you were disappointed in your service and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us.

08/21/2020

Darryl Z.

Amazing. Professional. On-time. Efficient. Definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Add a sub-panel. Run wire for induction cooktop and EV charger.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 07/30/2020

08/10/2020

Jason L.

Arthur was awesome! Punctual, nice, informative and performed great work.

Description of Work
A/C maintenance

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

07/31/2020

Libby Z.

I called this company based on excellent reviews. The service call was for a rental property. The technician showed up on time however, he said nothing was wrong. Few weeks later, i got a bill for $189. I was told he has raised the AC. Tenant told me nothing was fixed. AC is still not cooling. I called the company and was told they have a limited staff. I waited a week and still no one calls me back. I can understand either nothing was wrong then a service call charge or explain to me why $189 but nothing was fixed. I dont understand the high rating. I was very disappointed.

Description of Work
AC was not cooling

Work Completed On 07/31/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in your service experience with us. According to our records, our technician found that the compressor overheated and shut down due to a dirty condensing coil. He cooled the compressor down and rinsed the coil clean. This work was stated on both the work order and the invoice. After completing it, pressures were normal, and the unit seemed to be functioning properly. The technician was not able to reach you to explain his findings. We would have been happy to revisit the call if needed but were not aware your tenant was still having issues with the system. The only feedback our service manager received was that you were unhappy with the price. He attempted to reach both you and the tenant the week of 7/24. Please give us a call back at 512-375-4375. Thanks again.

07/28/2020

Robert L.

It went extremely well. The technician, Bobby, was timely, polite, knowledgeable & professional. He took time to explain the details of his inspection and diagnostic testing. He also offered useful tips on keeping the HVAC system in good shape between normal service visits.

Description of Work
AC maintenance service & repair

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

07/24/2020

Courtney C.

Efficient gave me the best bid for a new A/C unit. Ernest did a great job explaining all of my options and answering my questions. On the day of the install, Randy and Ian worked very hard in the Texas heat replacing my A/C, and they were very polite and professional. About a week after the install, I had a few concerns about the performance of my new unit and called Efficient. They sent a technician out the very next day and, after adjusting the settings on the furnace, it has been working perfectly. I'm happy with my new A/C and with the customer service from Efficient.

Description of Work
A/C replacement

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

07/11/2020

Robin H.

Perfect, courteous and wore face covering entire time.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal replacement and fixed loose wire

Work Completed On 06/30/2020

07/08/2020

Joey G.

I was worried the problem was going to be really bad. But Bobby came out and helped me and fixed it right up. To top it off, he was an amazing person that I could’ve talked to all day. Thank you so much.

Description of Work
Ac repair.

Work Completed On 07/08/2020

06/30/2020

John P.

We made an emergency call to Efficient on a Saturday and Dale arrived shortly afterwards. He was very thorough and correctly diagnosed that we had a problem with our tap to the city's line, explained everything very clearly, and gave us advice on how to get the city water dept involved in the video inspection and repair. Though it was a hot and mosquito-y day, Dale was pleasant and tidy and got us up and running when we really needed it. Excellent job!

Description of Work
Clean and inspect main line

Category drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/20/2020

06/21/2020

BB K.

Good service from friendly guy in proper mask.

Description of Work
Install gas grill to existing source

Category plumbing, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

06/18/2020

Paul H.

I’m blind so I asked the pro to buy a ceiling fan and install it. He also purchased an appliance bulb and installed it in my oven. It went very well.

Description of Work
I needed a ceiling fan installed and an oven light replaced.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Cost $211.75

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

05/14/2020

Stephen Z.

Always one-time or would provide prompt updates. Schedule of install went according to plan. Initial meeting to discuss and quote solution was detailed and very well explained...and my many questions were answered competently and completely. The owner of the company came by towards the end of the installation to check on everything. The installer (Glenn) spent extra time and installed optional parts to make sure our expectations were met completely (and he was careful from the beginning to set what the expectations and goals would be). They cleaned up properly. They were not necessarily the cheapest, but costs were well in line with other quotes. Any small price differences in the estimates compared to others was easily justified in the competence, professionalism, and accuracy of the job. Would use them again for any other plumbing work.

Description of Work
Replace two tank water heaters with single tankless and tie cold/hot lines for recirculation

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 01/08/2020