Bart's Custom Transmission & Auto Repair

Founded 1972 • With Angi since May 2010

2005 W Pioneer Pkwy

Arlington, TX 76013

Your one stop Auto Repair Shop. Celebrating 40 years of service in the Arlington area. Family owned and operated, serving the DFW metroplex since 1972. Technicians are experienced and very knowledgable. Extended warranties honored...

Resposiveness

04/06/2020

Emissions light was on. They did not find the problem but charged me for a diagnosis anyways. Took it to a muffler shop who found and fixed the issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emissions light was on

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2020

10/01/2018

Great! 100’s of dollars cheaper than anywhere else. Great to work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Suspension

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2018

06/26/2017

very well. They asked me to double-check that the tranny I gave them to install was the correct one, knowing it would be a risk on my part. Very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission swap

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/26/2017

06/04/2017

He is our mechanic and has been for years. We have used him since 1998. They are just top notch, they really are.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2015

04/03/2017

We were happy with the quality of their work. Their responsiveness was very good. They were very polite and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did some repairs on my husband's truck.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2017

10/31/2016

Took two tries to fix it. First try was to check that son had done the job right and he had. Problem still there so we went and put in OEM parts. Fixed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Son replaced clutch and was making racket. Found out the parts he used would not work with the engine and had to replace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2016

06/28/2016

Patience and Perserverance is the best way for me to describe the service I received. My 1993 Ford Explorer was quite the challenge for Bart and Diane and they were patient and continued to work through the challenges they faced with proffessionalism. I would recommend their services to anyone needing a dependable, trustworthy shop for the auto repair needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild

CATEGORY transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2016

[Member Name Removed] thanks for your review. Your patience was greatly appreciated as we got things repaired. Sometimes things just don't go as planned. Good to know that your happy with the outcome. Bart & Dianna

02/19/2016

approx 15 years ago I found Bart's.  I had a transmission issue - or so I thought.  I do minor repair work on my car, but for the big items, I take it to professionals.  as a single woman, I went to Bart's knowing that a woman walking into a car repair place by herself was not a good idea.  some mechanics would just try to rip a woman off simply because she's a woman.  not at Bart's.  my approx 16...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
changed my oil and filter (with my oil and filter) and asked them to check something for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2015

[Member Name Removed], It was always a pleasure working with you and were sad to see you move, but life goes on. Nice talking with you when you came back for a bit. Appreciate the trust, praise and review. Bart & Dianna

02/13/2016

Super fast, courteous service. Good technicians. Responsive to a fault when I had a small glitch. I'm taking my son's jeep in to have the transmission overhauled next month when he gets deployed. I'm a customer for life.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Transmission rebuild on wife's vehicle.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2015

01/19/2015

Went very well.  They took the car, checked the transmission to find out what the problem was and gave us an estimate to fix it. As of right now we haven't had car repaired but feel that the estimate was fair.  When we have the car repaired we will take it back to them to have it fixed.  Were very pleased with their service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked transmission to determine problems and cost to fix.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2015

Thank you for giving us the chance to check out your vehicle. We understand that sometimes repairs don't come at an opportune time. When you are ready please let us know and we will take care of your vehicle. Dianna & Bart

Auto & Transmission repair, computer diagnostics, cooling systems, radiators, power steering, shocks and struts,front-end repairs,wheel alignments, brakes, fuel systems, A/C repair, tune-ups, drive axles, Transmission repair-domestic and foreign, clutches

Body Work, Rebuild engines