Cecil's Automotive

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2011

3815 S. Houston Levee

Collierville, TN 38017

Family owned & operated. Additional contact name - Brad Roller, Robert Gant....

12/14/2019

BARBARA N.

Excellent service. I left my car at 7:30 and they were finished by 11 a.m. I didn't pick it up until 4 p.m. Great service!

Description of Work
Oil & Filter Change, Check All fluids

01/16/2018

BARBARA N.

They are very professional and we communicative regarding the cost.

Description of Work
Wow! I had a really expensive problem. One of the sensors stopped functioning, and of course, the most difficult one in labor terms to replace. It took them all day, but the SVC and check engine light went out! They also did an oil change. (Sorry it's taken me so long to write a review for you.)

03/28/2017

BARBARA N.

It was an all-day, in-shop 7:30-5:30 repair. It worked. They call and ask if you want to spend the money on the repair. I appreciated this. For me, spending $600 at the end of a month is not easy, but I haven't had it in for any repairs for two years. I would take again to Cecil's for repairs.

Description of Work
I started with an oil and air filter change. However, my VCR and CEL was on. Mileage: 122,800 SUV 2001. I asked for a diagnostic: Cost: $110. I knew a computer reset would not work because I had already done this and the VCR/CEL lights continued to come on. I was hoping all it needed was to clean the air flow sensors. Nope. Around 121,000 miles the B1S1 and/or B1S2 oxygen air/fuel ratio flow sensors "usually" stop working. I needed to have the B1S1 sensor replaced. Cost: $259 I asked if I had Auto-Zone do a code check and it came up B1S1 would they still need to do a diagnostic, hoping to save $110. Neil told me, they would still need to run a diagnostic....no savings from them by going to Auto-Zone. I could have lived with the VCR-CEL light on continuously, but my OCD would have eventually kicked in! I checked on the internet to buy the sensor; it's a lot cheaper and if you are handy and if you have the right tools, you may be able to do this yourself. 10 Minute job on the B1S1 (Lots of "if's).

07/31/2014

Reggie K.

All Work We Have Had Performed At Cecil's Has Been Done Professionally.

Description of Work
Replaced Engine Fan assembly

09/17/2013

Kent E.

I have used Cecil's Automotive several times over the last couple of years and have always had a good experience with them. Most recently my car was leaking oil. I took it in and they diagnosed and fixed the problem for under $50. I have always found them to be honest and reliable. Previously, I had a tire alignment problem with another car. I had taken it to another repair center in town who wanted to sell me new tires to fix the problem. Cecil's correctly diagnosed and fixed the problem and it has been working fine ever since. I will definitely use this company again and would highly recommend them for auto repairs.

Description of Work
Diagnosed and fixed an oil leak on my car.

09/16/2013

Mary S.

Went Perfect - also bough 4 Michellin tire--I tryust them with my auto

Description of Work
Change Mobil 1 oil --checked everything - have used them for several years -

05/28/2013

Roy C.

Great service...great follow up...very professional.....would be very comfortable to return for future service......

Description of Work
replaced an a/c compressor

10/31/2012

BARBARA N.

I told the story in the above services performed.

Description of Work
Excellent service. I couldn't leave my 2001 SUV with 108,000 miles for more than one day and they performed the following service: oil change, rear differential service, front brake replacement, transmission fluid service, timing belts and water pump, and radiator hoses. I brought it in at 7 a.m. and they were finished by 4 p.m. They were very professional and courteous. It was a pleasure working with them from the time I made the appointment, through delivery of my vehicle, professional call to let me know more work needed to be done, payment and pick up.

08/06/2012

Steve B.

I really like those guys. They have taken exceptionally good care of me when I have gone in there to have some work done. They had it fixed fixed pretty quickly and I never had anymore problems after they fixed it. They are good people.

Description of Work
I go to Cecil's Automotive for auto services.

09/17/2011

Roger S.

They could not find the problem with engine dying but did replace the fuel pump relay and serviced the air conditioner. Cecil's kept my vehicle for three days trying to find the problem, and checked for computer codes. It would never dye or stall for them. The next day after picking up my vehicle and driving home it died the next morning after about 5 minutes of driving. I have been a customer of Cecil's for twenty + years and they have performed many types of auto repair meeting or exceeding all expectations. This has been the only problem they was not able to identify and correct.

Description of Work
My truck was towed in for repair for engine dying and airconditioner service.

Auto Service
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Tires
    Auto Mufflers
    American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa

A/C, accessories, belt, hose and filter replacement, brakes, cooling system, courtesy check-up, diesel, drivability diagnosis, electrical system diagnosis, emissions, fleet, fuel system, hybrid, muffler exhaust, oil change, performance, preventive maintenance, smog check, suspension, timing belt and tire replacement, transmission repair, wheel alignment & wheel replacement.